AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-10-09, 23:29   Link #241
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Typical .Hack is extreme drama. Life or death mystery with no happy ending drama, drama, drama. It didn't help that Ali Project did the music either.
Hey .hack had happy endings just not for everyone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puu View Post
Isn't that what .hack is already, especially .hack//SIGN? Not all of the characters were "hostages", if I remember right.

Though, I guess, you could also mean you just want a K-On: MMORPG show.... (which would probably be cute, come to think of it). Now I need this show....

THE MMORPG CLUB! Join and we'll throw in a a special item We also have cake after dungeon crawling
.hack//SIGN only had one person actually held "hostage"

Maybe not that cutesy but still not as harsh as SAO...

It's doesn't really need life or death drama. For example you can show the pros and cons of long distance friendships or romantic relationships between individuals who know each other well in the game but haven't yet physically met each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
I do hope Log Horizon will have more of a focus on the adventuring aspect of the fantasy genre.
It looks like it might be just that. More party building and adventuring unlike other series with a similar premise.
Old 2013-10-10, 01:05   Link #242
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^with 24 episodes and judging from the OP, it should cover the first 4 volumes of novel.
Adventuring will likely be only part of the first half, the latter half should be mostly politics, discoveries, and war.

As for the gaming aspect of it, compared to .hack and SAO, it's a lot more in-depth into real MMO, and anyone familiar with WoW and GW strategies based on effective rotation of cooldowns, casting range, aggro/hate management, will enjoy this a lot. Concepts like dumb DPS not watching his threat and aggros a mob off the tank.

But it's pretty wordy in explanation so anime may skip a chunk of that.
I don't know how effective a visual medium like animation would manage explaining those concepts.

Last edited by aohige; 2013-10-10 at 01:45.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 03:44   Link #243
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
^with 24 episodes and judging from the OP, it should cover the first 4 volumes of novel.
Adventuring will likely be only part of the first half, the latter half should be mostly politics, discoveries, and war.
If it sticks to an one-episode-per-chapter format from the next episode onwards, the anime should be able to cover to the end of volume five.

Quote:
As for the gaming aspect of it, compared to .hack and SAO, it's a lot more in-depth into real MMO, and anyone familiar with WoW and GW strategies based on effective rotation of cooldowns, casting range, aggro/hate management, will enjoy this a lot. Concepts like dumb DPS not watching his threat and aggros a mob off the tank.

But it's pretty wordy in explanation so anime may skip a chunk of that.
I don't know how effective a visual medium like animation would manage explaining those concepts.
My guess is that it would skip those nice-but-not-must-have details and focus on the main plotline. It's a bit of a pity, but then again this could encourage people to check the novels to satiate their need to know more

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 04:54   Link #244
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

I would love to check out the novels, but sadly I cannot read moonrunes.

Interesting though that it will cover politics and war. I'm guessing there will be a lot of Guild wars in this series.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 04:55   Link #245
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post

Spoiler for Might have spoilers:
Thanks for this info and comparison. But I think the anime did fine in making akatsuki appear early and have her with shiroe and naoutsugu meet up with marielle.

........Ugh......... there is still no light novel thread or manga thread.

And I can't ask any future spoiler about the novel here.

This is a question and a wild guess but the people that appear in the end of OP. The one that one by one appear and line up. Are they the tea party group?
Old 2013-10-10, 05:28   Link #246
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
If it sticks to an one-episode-per-chapter format from the next episode onwards, the anime should be able to cover to the end of volume five.
Maybe so, we actually can guess pretty far into the series.
We have images already for cover of the script all the way to episode 14.

episode 12
https://twitter.com/joujinakata123/s...86931867213824
episode 14
https://twitter.com/marmalade_macro/...27075034198016

episode 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 are out there as well

Considering volume 5 of novel really didn't have much content (especially once animated) they could probably wrap that up in 2 episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Thanks for this info and comparison. But I think the anime did fine in making akatsuki appear early and have her with shiroe and naoutsugu meet up with marielle.

This is a question and a wild guess but the people that appear in the end of OP. The one that one by one appear and line up. Are they the tea party group?
We probably should open one up... hang on, heading home right now.

Last edited by aohige; 2013-10-10 at 05:41.
Old 2013-10-10, 05:28   Link #247
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:

You could .....you know.....make the novel thread yourself
Old 2013-10-10, 05:43   Link #248
tsunade666

Haha, i' m also heading home from work (right now on the bus)

If I get home and there is still none then probably. But I'll probably hunt the novel raw first and then upload the illustrations.
Old 2013-10-10, 06:08   Link #249
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Back. I'll start the thread up

EDIT: here you go
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...98#post4864598

Last edited by aohige; 2013-10-10 at 06:23.
Old 2013-10-10, 11:20   Link #250
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
If you're referring to the eleven people that appeared in pairs in front of the building, then nope. Or to be more exact, only two of them were from the Tea Party (Shiroe and Soujirou). They are, however, all guildmasters.

Quote:
Maybe so, we actually can guess pretty far into the series.
We have images already for cover of the script all the way to episode 14.

episode 12
https://twitter.com/joujinakata123/s...86931867213824
episode 14
https://twitter.com/marmalade_macro/...27075034198016

episode 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 are out there as well
Ehh, those are novel illustrations and the one from Mamare's tweet is from chapter 14 too.

Fun that the other tweet is from Mr Nakata too. I won't be surprised that he has made the effort to read the novels for himself, just like what he did when he was asked to play Araya for the KnK drama CD =3

Quote:
Considering volume 5 of novel really didn't have much content (especially once animated) they could probably wrap that up in 2 episodes.
Ehh, I beg to differ. Beside the fact that the last five episodes are a set of their own (1~10 = Akiba arc, 11~20 = Expedition arc), imho it would take more than just 2~3 episodes to properly handle what's in volume five =3

Signature by liro
Old 2013-10-10, 11:24   Link #251
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Ehh, those are novel illustrations and the one from Mamare's tweet is from chapter 14 too.

Fun that the other tweet is from Mr Nakata too. I won't be surprised that he has made the effort to read the novels for himself, just like what he did when he was asked to play Araya for the KnK drama CD =3
Check the date and read carefully. Especially Nakata's.
You may not know what a 台本 is, but that's a script book for actors.
It's the lines for the anime, similarly colored script books for other episodes have already been posted.

The artwork is both novels and manga illustration recycled, but these are the actual anime episode scripts.
I mean, you realize they're not gonna draw new artwork for cover of a script book that's not going to be published to public right.
Quote:
Ehh, I beg to differ. Beside the fact that the last five episodes are a set of their own (1~10 = Akiba arc, 11~20 = Expedition arc), imho it would take more than just 2~3 episodes to properly handle what's in volume five =3
They may use more, but it's really a whole lot of nothing.
5 is just very wordy, with little actual events happening. I think it'd be extremely draggy and boring if they animated it with more than 3 episodes.
(for that matter, so is volume 6 tbh)

Last edited by aohige; 2013-10-10 at 11:35.
Old 2013-10-10, 11:39   Link #252
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Check the date and read carefully. Especially Nakata's.
You may not know what a 台本 is, but that's a script book for actors.
It's the lines for the anime, similarly colored script books for other episodes have already been posted.

The artwork is both novels and manga illustration recycled, but these are the actual anime episode scripts.
I mean, you realize they're not gonna draw new artwork for cover of a script book that's not going to be published to public right.
Ahh, I see. Thanks for the info, I stand corrected =3

Quote:
They may use more, but it's really a whole lot of nothing.
5 is just very wordy, with little actual events happening. I think it'd be extremely draggy and boring if they animated it with more than 3 episodes.
(for that matter, so is volume 6 tbh)
Well, we'll just have to wait and see then =w=

Signature by liro
Old 2013-10-10, 11:40   Link #253
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

btw, here's the episode scripts for 5, 6, 7.

http://p.twipple.jp/0GIpS
Old 2013-10-10, 11:46   Link #254
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
btw, here's the episode scripts for 5, 6, 7.

http://p.twipple.jp/0GIpS
Ahhh, it looks like the anime might include scenes from the manga for episode 3 after all.

*wishes that Mr Nakata had placed the red script on top instead o3o*

Signature by liro
Old 2013-10-10, 11:57   Link #255
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Ahhh, it looks like the anime might include scenes from the manga for episode 3 after all.

*wishes that Mr Nakata had placed the red script on top instead o3o*
The anime seems to incorporate a lot of stuff from the manga version that wasn't in the novel.

Like Akatsuki throwing pebbles to get the duo's attention, and failing to do so resorting to throwing a massive boulder, that was manga original and now it's in the anime as well.
Old 2013-10-10, 12:00   Link #256
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Well.... it's much preferable to fillers, I would say

Signature by liro
Old 2013-10-10, 18:24   Link #257
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Nakata also did this in Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon when he got the role of Innocentius.
My god, for him to actually read those tomes is some devotion.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 19:37   Link #258
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Nakata also did this in Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon when he got the role of Innocentius.
My god, for him to actually read those tomes is some devotion.
I finally saw the raw for log horizon. its full of info dump like kyoukai senjou that the novel illustration are full of info and even there are illustration of the monster encyclopedia. From the size of it and description. There is even size comparison from monster to human.
Old 2013-10-11, 13:58   Link #259
chaos_animagic

That world looks interesting.

Too bad everything tastes the same, LOL

Also... loli assassin ftw.

And... Elder Tales reminds me of a few games... lol
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 22:24   Link #260
anime fan99

okay what is a guardian is it like a Warrior of RPG classes I only know warrior mage and Rogue

I agree with Naotsugu about the two type of perverts But I do not agree on it only applies to men, women also can be open pervert or not open pervert

all the anime fans that Complain about Ecchi and fanservice are not open pervert
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, nyanderful, science fiction, seinen, shounen