Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-05, 06:13   Link #241
Ghoststaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimix View Post
Hmm I see..
Any recommendations on what I should do? So that there's only a single doc for each chapter, instead of the current multiple files?
You could try to use the google documents instead. On around the left side of the google docs screen you should see a "Create" button. You can create a document there to place inside your google docs. Least that is what I would do.
Ghoststaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 06:21   Link #242
Mimix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoststaker View Post
You could try to use the google documents instead. On around the left side of the google docs screen you should see a "Create" button. You can create a document there to place inside your google docs. Least that is what I would do.
But the what about the documents that are already there?
People may have done some corrections right?

If so, should I just delete everything, and replace them with google docs?
Mimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 06:31   Link #243
Ghoststaker

Quote:
But the what about the documents that are already there?
People may have done some corrections right?

If so, should I just delete everything, and replace them with google docs?
The files you have one there now are "Read Only" as far as I can see. So to edit it you probably have to download it, edit, upload again. While in the google docs you can edit and save online easily.
Old 2014-09-05, 06:59   Link #244
Mimix

Hmmm I c...

Would deleting everything, uploading again(there's a setting that should supposedlt change files to google docs), and change it to anyone can edit from people with link can edit, fix the problem?
Old 2014-09-05, 07:07   Link #245
Ghoststaker

Quote:
Hmmm I c...

Would deleting everything, uploading again(there's a setting that should supposedlt change files to google docs), and change it to anyone can edit from people with link can edit, fix the problem?
Hmmm I'm not sure, I would just copy and paste the current stuff onto a new Google Doc... You should check with CoCayn to be sure.

Hmmm, if you need help with the grammar / spelling I could help you with editing. But my japanese is nearly non-existent (I can read Hiragana and infer some Kanji using chinese, if it was better I would help other projects....), so the most I could do is edit the english. If you don't mind then I could help
Old 2014-09-05, 07:57   Link #246
Mimix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoststaker View Post
Hmmm I'm not sure, I would just copy and paste the current stuff onto a new Google Doc... You should check with CoCayn to be sure.

Hmmm, if you need help with the grammar / spelling I could help you with editing. But my japanese is nearly non-existent (I can read Hiragana and infer some Kanji using chinese, if it was better I would help other projects....), so the most I could do is edit the english. If you don't mind then I could help

I c, guess I be doing as I said before(deleting everything and reuploading, though gonna add an apology in the Summarizers notes).

About help, aren't ya already helping out CoCayn?
But if ya have time and wants to help improve the quality of my summaries(Which would be great, as I'm probably gonna be sacrificing some more of it in the future in order to increase speed).
Then please do.
Though how does people normally do it? I send my the summaries I'm done with to you? or are you just gonna look through the ones that I've posted on google docs and correct + improve them?

EDIT:
Deleted and re-uploaded everything.
Very sry if it has resulted in the loss of some corrections and the likes @Bows@

Last edited by Mimix; 2014-09-05 at 08:09.
Old 2014-09-05, 08:08   Link #247
Ghoststaker

Quote:
I c, guess I be doing as I said before(deleting everything and reuploading, though gonna add an apology in the Summarizers notes).

About help, aren't ya already helping out CoCayn?
But if ya have time and wants to help improve the quality of my summaries(Which would be great, as I'm probably gonna be sacrificing some more of it in the future in order to increase speed).
Then please do.
Though how does people normally do it? I send my the summaries I'm done with to you? or are you just gonna look through the ones that I've posted on google docs and correct + improve them?
If its just reading through and improving the english it wouldn't be much trouble. Though improving the translations... Can't really help you there xD.

Not sure whats the procedure but I'll just take a look at your google drive and see if I edit from there.
Old 2014-09-05, 08:10   Link #248
CoCayn

Yeah, I would copy and paste and the parts into a new google doc. Maybe change is to suggestions instead of edit for the docs, since there are a lot of trolls on the internet...
CoCayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 09:00   Link #249
Ghoststaker

Well... Damn, just realised that Mimix your prologue 2 is a summary, so I'll refrain from editing anything in it due to that (No reference material to compare, no wonder Prologue 2's tone felt so off xD). I just went off and suggested a FEW very minor things to Prologue 1.

Then I just realised the Imotolicious version is the LN. Prologue 1 went from 6 guild members (in the WN) to 3 guild members (in the LN)... Gosh the versions have to coincide somewhere...
Old 2014-09-05, 11:30   Link #250
Mimix

Yea the Prologue 2 is a summary..
And I'm planning on continuing to make summaries and not translations.
Though still not pretty sure about how to write these summaries, and I will probably try to write the next one in another way.
So... just gonna experiment until I find a good way to write these summaries.

Btw the first prologue was also supposed to be a summary, but somehow I ended up doing an actual translation(somewhat rough), and so I finished as a translation :P
Anyways, gonna be posting a summary every week as a minimum(likely 2-3 I think)

Ps. Should actually include the endnotes in Prologue 1(there are some, though they don't seem to have been carried over from word to google docs.... :/)

Pss.
The next summary should be by today or tomorrow
Old 2014-09-05, 20:43   Link #251
Namorax

@Mimix:
For a rough translations, your 1st chapter was easy to read and understand. If you take your time you could create a great translation of the whole volume^^

Anyway, I wanted to ask which version of Ovelord you are summarising? (Webnovel or Light Novel?)
I remember this being mentioned in this thread but I can't find it again...
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 20:51   Link #252
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
@Mimix:
For a rough translations, your 1st chapter was easy to read and understand. If you take your time you could create a great translation of the whole volume^^

Anyway, I wanted to ask which version of Ovelord you are summarising? (Webnovel or Light Novel?)
I remember this being mentioned in this thread but I can't find it again...
mimix is web novel,cocayn is translating light novel.
Ap1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 21:04   Link #253
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Going to do a short spoilerish synopsis on each of the light novel. Please be warned that the translation is not going to reach there for quite some time.
Spoiler for Vol2-7:
Old 2014-09-05, 23:47   Link #254
CoCayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap1001 View Post
Going to do a short spoilerish synopsis on each of the light novel. Please be warned that the translation is not going to reach there for quite some time.
Spoiler for Vol2-7:
Can't wait for the next volumes already .

Something off topic. I found a translated chapter of a novel I don't know on pastebin. Does someone know what the name of this novel is? It picked up my interest. http://pastebin.com/2VHRkVUX

Last edited by CoCayn; 2014-09-05 at 23:57.
Old 2014-09-06, 00:18   Link #255
MrClover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCayn View Post
Can't wait for the next volumes already .

Something off topic. I found a translated chapter of a novel I don't know on pastebin. Does someone know what the name of this novel is? It picked up my interest. http://pastebin.com/2VHRkVUX
I think its listed on another site as "there was a cute chick in the hero party so i tried confessing"

Three chapters have been translated on pastebin, heres link for the raws

http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2959bs/

It looks interesting and the hero seems OP but he seems like a character who is awkward towards girls.
MrClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 02:17   Link #256
CoCayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClover View Post
I think its listed on another site as "there was a cute chick in the hero party so i tried confessing"

Three chapters have been translated on pastebin, heres link for the raws

http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2959bs/

It looks interesting and the hero seems OP but he seems like a character who is awkward towards girls.
Thanks, looks really interesting
Old 2014-09-06, 03:49   Link #257
Mimix

http://pastebin.com/u/guhuhu

There's the first 3 chapters translated(It should be pretty accurate) of "there was a cute chick in the hero party so i tried confessing", and the rest should be this one http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...Mushoku_Tensei

Spoiler for "there was a cute chick in the hero party so i tried confessing":

Spoiler for About chapter 1 of the webnovel 思案(Thoughts/Reflections):

Ps. Not sure whether I have already said it or not... but the Prologue 1 is actually missing some endnotes(didn't get carried over).
About when I fix it... within a week maybe?
Old 2014-09-06, 09:34   Link #258
J4n1

Just read the first 2 webnovels through google translate (surprisingly readable, even if names were gibberish at best), and damn it was awesome.

Wonder if there are RAWs for later light novels on the web?
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 10:50   Link #259
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Just read the first 2 webnovels through google translate (surprisingly readable, even if names were gibberish at best), and damn it was awesome.

Wonder if there are RAWs for later light novels on the web?
here is the chinese raw for vol 1 and 2, and japanese raw for volume 4 and 5 if you want it.
http://www.wenku8.cn/novel/1/1592/index.htm
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qW8stFu
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGsmHLk
Old 2014-09-06, 11:46   Link #260
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap1001 View Post
here is the chinese raw for vol 1 and 2, and japanese raw for volume 4 and 5 if you want it.
http://www.wenku8.cn/novel/1/1592/index.htm
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qW8stFu
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGsmHLk
awesome, thanks
now if i can just find the 3rd light novel i can start reading
Already read the first 2 light novels, not the web novels, had a slight writing error there in my earlier post
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination