AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-07-06, 11:12   Link #241
Tohyama Reki
Gets lost easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Giving informations is not a problem, the problem is that many things which made me like her character are missing in the anime. I always loved her interactions with Tatsuya, they are entertaining, never dull. I would have liked them to adapt at least the moment where Mayumi countered Shizuku's argument that it was an accident with Tatsuya thinking about her and Mayumi's mind reading. Instead Mayumi's apparition was delayed and she didn't talk to Shizuku.

I can say I like Erika because I like her in the LN, she is exactly like that in the anime but had I not been a LN reader I would have not been a Mayumi fan with her portrayal in the anime.
I can agree with this, there is a severe disconnect between the portrayal of Mayumi between the Anime and Light Novel so far.

I know that Madhouse said on one of their preview posters they would be "5/5 on story and 3/5 on shipping," but they're cutting out a lot of the moments that really define Mayumi's character.

Now that I think of it, not only her's, but several other character's developments as well...
Tohyama Reki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 11:46   Link #242
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Giving informations is not a problem, the problem is that many things which made me like her character are missing in the anime. I always loved her interactions with Tatsuya, they are entertaining, never dull. I would have liked them to adapt at least the moment where Mayumi countered Shizuku's argument that it was an accident with Tatsuya thinking about her and Mayumi's mind reading. Instead Mayumi's apparition was delayed and she didn't talk to Shizuku.

I can say I like Erika because I like her in the LN, she is exactly like that in the anime but had I not been a LN reader I would have not been a Mayumi fan with her portrayal in the anime.
Well I always find her like that; and I find her character dull even in the LN~
She the definition of a student council president; I never really like my SC Pres even in school so I dont know if its your fetish working or you just like her.

If Mayumi would be a dumb, easy going, too dependent but something show awesome leadership I would easy like her; but what I see is a dull, over charismatic(makes me feel shes looking down on people too much), power abuser person(sry I just see her like that but it charming too; she was in my former top 5)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 12:45   Link #243
amtro
Distro

I think we're straying off a bit too much from the thread topic. If you want to discuss differences in the anime, there's a thread for that.

Now back to my original question. How exactly is Mayumi's hale particle release magic a non-systematic magic?
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 14:56   Link #244
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

A question, where did you get the words that it's a non-systematic magic? Even the explanation itself says that it involves heat and speed magic.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 15:20   Link #245
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
I think we're straying off a bit too much from the thread topic. If you want to discuss differences in the anime, there's a thread for that.

Now back to my original question. How exactly is Mayumi's hale particle release magic a non-systematic magic?
I don't think it was Hale Particles particularly because it is described as a Speed Magic. Maybe he was talking about her other Psion bullets, she specialize in this( like her shot to stop Honoka).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
A question, where did you get the words that it's a non-systematic magic? Even the explanation itself says that it involves heat and speed magic.
Volume 1

Spoiler for Quote:

Oh, maybe it's just hard to grasp the difference after all .
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 15:32   Link #246
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Particle Release =/= Hale Particle
The magic that vol 1 mentioned was psion bullet that she used against Honoka, which is certainly a non-systematic magic. Hale particle (or variation of it) is those ice bullet things that she used during the competition.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 19:57   Link #247
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

If Mayumi would be a dumb, easy going, too dependent but something show awesome leadership I would easy like her; but what I see is a dull, over charismatic(makes me feel shes looking down on people too much), power abuser person(sry I just see her like that but it charming too; she was in my former top 5)
If she became a generic harem character type like that , i'm sure she won't have as much fan as she is now
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 00:03   Link #248
Echizen777

Quote:
Well I always find her like that; and I find her character dull even in the LN~
She the definition of a student council president; I never really like my SC Pres even in school so I dont know if its your fetish working or you just like her.

I think I understand why you find Tatsuya boring...

But whether you find her dull or not is not the question, the fact is that the readers can clearly tell that Mayumi is not like in the novels, it's easy to notice eeven when you are not a Mayumi fan.
Old 2014-07-07, 02:25   Link #249
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalorView View Post
If she became a generic harem character type like that , i'm sure she won't have as much fan as she is now
Lol Mayumi is a generic SC pres.

Quote:
I think I understand why you find Tatsuya boring...

But whether you find her dull or not is not the question, the fact is that the readers can clearly tell that Mayumi is not like in the novels, it's easy to notice eeven when you are not a Mayumi fan.
Well i do have a feeling that Mayumi is kinda different from the LN but that only difference from the LN to Anime is her teasing attitude; other than that i find her the same. Except for the voice kinda doesnt match.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 19:45   Link #250
nosaer

Quote:
Well i do have a feeling that Mayumi is kinda different from the LN but that only difference from the LN to Anime is her teasing attitude; other than that i find her the same. Except for the voice kinda doesnt match.
The anime leaves out everything that gives Mayumi character. Yes the anime shows some of things that she really does/says, but because it leaves out most of her interactions that show personality you can't really get much of an impression from her in the Anime. in the Anime she is a generic SC pres, but in the LN she has a lot of character that makes her interesting.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 19:59   Link #251
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
The anime leaves out everything that gives Mayumi character. Yes the anime shows some of things that she really does/says, but because it leaves out most of her interactions that show personality you can't really get much of an impression from her in the Anime. in the Anime she is a generic SC pres, but in the LN she has a lot of character that makes her interesting.
^ I agree even thought im not a mayumi fan I love the ln version than the anime version
Old 2014-07-08, 10:03   Link #252
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post

anything relating to Mayumi should be appropriate in this thread.

and her Hale particle is a speed type magic that turns the water in the air into ice.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 23:21   Link #253
Tohyama Reki
Gets lost easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
anything relating to Mayumi should be appropriate in this thread.
Indeed, this is very true.

With that said, I look forward to seeing Mayumi's participation and scenes in the Yokohama Arc of the anime...hopefully.

-_-
Old 2014-07-12, 23:28   Link #254
rladls2121

Mayumi is playful around almost everyone often after all, a student council president with that charm must be the rule.

Tatsuya dense on Mayumi's appeal makes a big plus.
It makes me think if Mayumi really going to be the Tatsuya's big sister of the series.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 23:33   Link #255
Tohyama Reki
Gets lost easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Mayumi is playful around almost everyone often after all, a student council president with that charm must be the rule.

Tatsuya dense on Mayumi's appeal makes a big plus.
It makes me think if Mayumi really going to be the Tatsuya's big sister of the series.
I rather find the denseness to be incredibly funny, seeing Mayumi's efforts backfire on her and not work is hilarious, especially when she pouts afterwards.

And I remember that conversation between Mayumi and Tatsuya in the LN about "not having a little brother, not having an older sister" when you said your last comment XD Personal opinion of what I want to actually happen notwithstanding...

Mayumi moment in the last episode with the dance. Miyuki's face was priceless XD

Last edited by Tohyama Reki; 2014-08-02 at 23:29.
Old 2014-08-06, 06:47   Link #256
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohyama Reki View Post
Mayumi moment in the last episode with the dance. Miyuki's face was priceless XD
That scene is so sweet
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 12:57   Link #257
Echizen777

According to the GT translation I used on the Japanese wiki, the ones who noticed Kudou's trick in the 9SC where Tatsuya, Mayumi and 3 other students with ESP of other schools, Masaki and George are not among them.
Old 2014-08-10, 21:35   Link #258
cyberdemon

Quote:
According to the GT translation I used on the Japanese wiki, the ones who noticed Kudou's trick in the 9SC where Tatsuya, Mayumi and 3 other students with ESP of other schools, Masaki and George are not among them.
Surprised Juumonji wasn't among them
Old 2014-08-10, 21:45   Link #259
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I'm surprised that clan heirs like Maskai and Juumonji didn't detect it. Although Tatsuya has elemental sight while Mayumi had multi scope so I guess it has more to do with Tatsuya and Mayumi just having the right skill set.
Old 2014-08-13, 22:20   Link #260
cyberdemon

wow. was looking at the mahouka wiki page for Tatsuya's relationships and there is a poll there asking who we think Tatsuya should end up with and Mayumi is massacring it with 3x as many votes as 2nd place Miyuki. lol. exactly as it should be.