AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-04-27, 14:12   Link #221
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

I got Fes two days ago.

I have a feeling that I'll have to go FAR into the main game before finding any actually exciting additions to the story. I'm looking forward to
Spoiler:
I'm also hoping they fixed Fuuka's voicing, since they've already made very small changes to the lines in the game before her appearance, very small, but changes nonetheless, even if the changes were sometimes totally un-needed.

You can earn money A LOT faster now. Going to the Inari Sushi shrine and praying will have a possibility to DOUBLE your money. I have about 600k, shooting for a million so that I can get my old powerful 'sonaes. Sadly, they're at their base levels, and have not retained any of the skills that I've spent hours to insert.

Some of the skills have changed though. For example, Suzaku doesn't use lightning anymore, even though it was my ultimate lightning persona. It now uses fire to stay true to its history as a fire bird.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 14:19   Link #222
solarknight123

Just playing Fes now and i have to say the "Answer Mode" (episode Aigis) can be a real pain in the ass!. It's level is the same as "hard mode" for the main game. All the characters are back to lv. 25 and have to relearn most of their attacks. Nothing can be transfered to "Answer Mode" and no Compendulum so you have to decide carfully what persona you want in your party, plus you'll find yourself using items and dying alot as well. Well at least you get to see into the past of some of the characters.
Old 2008-04-27, 16:32   Link #223
digi.amuro

Its not that bad. All the stuff you said was true, but I havent had much problems playing the Answer, just have to be alittle more careful is all. The difficulty really does show but the party AI seem to be alot smarter, so its been a big help for setting up the all out attack and other moves. Aigis being the MC now also is an added perk, using her guns to get easier sneak attacks on shadows. I've made it through two of the doors/dungeons so far.

I havent tried out the Journey yet, so I dont know how things are on that end, but some of the voice acting for Fuuka in the Answer needs work (Fuuka occasionally becomes droll monotone Fuuka)
Old 2008-04-27, 16:42   Link #224
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
Its not that bad. All the stuff you said was true, but I havent had much problems playing the Answer, just have to be alittle more careful is all. The difficulty really does show but the party AI seem to be alot smarter, so its been a big help for setting up the all out attack and other moves. Aigis being the MC now also is an added perk, using her guns to get easier sneak attacks on shadows. I've made it through two of the doors/dungeons so far.

I havent tried out the Journey yet, so I dont know how things are on that end, but some of the voice acting for Fuuka in the Answer needs work (Fuuka occasionally becomes droll monotone Fuuka)
Yeah that's true about the AI's intelligence. Its pretty useful when dealing with those shadows, hope their the same in "The Journey" mode. What sucks is that i have to wait till there are some good FAQs out there so i can max out all the social links properly. THat's what annoys me about P3, they never give you the boss's stats, so w/o a guild, you fighting blind.
Old 2008-04-27, 18:07   Link #225
Kagedanji

Usually, just giving a good look at the boss will give you an idea of what to use.

Red? Has flames somewhere on its body? Has casted an agi skill? Use ice.

A machine, such as a tank? Something that flies, like a bird? Zio will do the trick.

Modeled after a monster who was weak against X spell? Use X spell.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 22:53   Link #226
digi.amuro

I'd say that's true in many cases but I've come across enemies of similar design w/ different affinities. That's a good idea so I'll have to try it. I usually just test different attacks and see what attacks the enemy launches. If things do match up, your idea will makes boss battles alittle easier, Kagedanji. Thanks.

@ Solarknight: you can probably just use the FAQs made for jap FES. I'm sure both region's are the same. i dont think there will be too many new FES FAQs except to maybe update for official translations and such.
Old 2008-04-28, 06:12   Link #227
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
I'd say that's true in many cases but I've come across enemies of similar design w/ different affinities. That's a good idea so I'll have to try it. I usually just test different attacks and see what attacks the enemy launches. If things do match up, your idea will makes boss battles alittle easier, Kagedanji. Thanks.

@ Solarknight: you can probably just use the FAQs made for jap FES. I'm sure both region's are the same. i dont think there will be too many new FES FAQs except to maybe update for official translations and such.
Thanks alot
Old 2008-04-30, 07:39   Link #228
Dove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
Usually, just giving a good look at the boss will give you an idea of what to use.

Red? Has flames somewhere on its body? Has casted an agi skill? Use ice.

A machine, such as a tank? Something that flies, like a bird? Zio will do the trick.

Modeled after a monster who was weak against X spell? Use X spell.
That's my general rule, but I've ran across bosses who, even when I cast a spell I thought was their polar opposite have shocked me.
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 02:19   Link #229
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Just bought FES yesterday and directly play the answer mode without playing the journey mode...
It's ok right??
*sigh* if only in answer mode has compendium... it'll be much easier....
BTW... we can play BGM in dungeon just in Answer mode or we can change it too in journey mode??
And... How many BGM will we have??
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 05:28   Link #230
Renchan

You can only chane the dungeon BGM in Answer Mode.
And there's only 4 tracks(yes only that four), The Snow Queen, Maya Theme, Persona, and Time Castle.
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 05:57   Link #231
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Just bought FES yesterday and directly play the answer mode without playing the journey mode...
It's ok right??
*sigh* if only in answer mode has compendium... it'll be much easier....
BTW... we can play BGM in dungeon just in Answer mode or we can change it too in journey mode??
And... How many BGM will we have??
Yeah, it's ok to play the answer mode first. I think they reason why they recommended playing the journey mode first was for all the new players not familiar with persona 3
Old 2008-05-09, 07:51   Link #232
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Currently trying out The Journey, on Hard Mode, with a Persona 3 Clearsave loaded. It's already 4/30 and I still haven't gotten access to the Compendium (they've moved it further away?)... I can't wait to get back to Lucifer and Satan.

Thing is... Hard Mode is hard. I have to use all of my tricks and combat knowledge on just the first few Floor Bosses, and I haven't even gotten to the first Full Moon boss. But I'll persevere... to see the girls in their Swimsuits, Casual Clothes, High Cut Armors and Maid Outfits~

BTW, is it me... or do I encounter more Gold Shadows more often in Hard Mode (or in FES, generally)?
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 09:28   Link #233
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Good luck getting the $$$ for the higher end personas. Man, even Orpheus @lvl 1 costing 10k yen is a killer at that stage of the game. If this was someone's first time playing the game, I bet they won't even have the money to afford a resummoning, as improving the MC's stats is pretty damn expensive (it's like what, almost 10k yen a week?). But I guess it prepares them for The Answer, since the sky high costs pretty much means one is going to use the compendenium very rarely anyways that they'll hardly miss it when it's gone at that stage of the game.

Not that I found hard mode particularly hard so far, as I'm only really inconvenienced by the sky high costs of resummoning. For the mobs, I was already getting first strike 95%+ of the time in normal mode. And considering that it's only their damage values that got boosted, it isn't so bad really if you can wipe them out before they get a chance to hit back (which one should still be able to, since their hp values remains unchanged). Only thing I had to be careful of is when the enemy gets the advantage, because if one is facing a group that can hit the party, it can very well mean a game over. So I really had to make sure to get that first strike, as sometimes it really does mean life with minimal resources spent or instant death.

As for the bosses, Cadenza + high evade boots was enough in the first block, as it was during my first playthrough. Yeah, Yukari can get insta-glibbed at full hp by the last boss of the first block, but only if the boss targeted her with Kill Rush, and only if it actually hit. Damage boost means jack if it still can't connect.

If there's one thing about my replay, it would be the 'grind' factor. But then again, as with any hard RPGs, some grind is necessary upon replay since one gets to the same stage of the game usually at a lower level than their previous playthrough. I basically had to grind from lvl11 to lvl 14 to beat the magarula boss in tartarus, as even being wind neutral meant instant death if it hit at that low a level.

Not that it really was an incovenience, as it only meant one more trip to tartarus. As I said before in terms of replaying a hard RPG, I made it to that boss in two trips, when before I'm pretty sure I spent at least three just to get there since there's an 11 floor differential before that boss. And yeah, being the cheap ass that I am, I chose to grind rather than use the lone magic mirror I had, which would've been enough to combat the random instant death I faced at lvl 11. Too many times I had the boss at almost death hp at lvl 11, only to be randomly defeated by magarula lol

As for Gold Shadows, I met a lot in the first block (like in the double digits), but in the second I was actually lucky to find the one that got me the item needed for the Liz's request. So I think it's just the randomizer, as with any randomness, there will always be a sort of streak one will notice sooner or later.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 16:52   Link #234
Kagedanji

Hard mode = fourfolded compendium fees. Damn you Liz.

I thought something was wrong when I first saw the prices. Now I won't have Helel (Lucifer) and Satan until I take enough money multiplying trips to the sushi shrine.
Old 2008-05-09, 21:35   Link #235
solarknight123

say wasn't there a persona exclusive to fes that was a key to Liz's downfall?
Old 2008-05-09, 22:06   Link #236
Kagedanji

Orpheus Kai. But you have to max every social link in one go.

Damn you, friends.
Old 2008-05-09, 22:16   Link #237
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Yep. It really helps to have honed your combat initiative skills in the normal P3, since as you said, Enemy Ambush = You're Screwed. I still find it amusing to find that the "when an enemy spots you, run away far enough for them to disappear from your map/radar, and find them with they backs in front of you the next time you see them" trick still works. Makes Tartarus raids much easier. Not to mention that you can still abuse the "elevation advantages" various stairs and steps provide.

So Compendium prices have also gone inflation, huh... Then again, nothing will stop me from gaining a proper set of Helel, Satan and a Pinaka spear (special Weapon Synth with a spear and Shiva). It's all just a matter of patience.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 02:00   Link #238
Kagedanji

Also be sure to unlock all of the fusion spells in P3 before starting a game in FES if you want the summer clothes.
Old 2008-05-11, 00:37   Link #239
mienai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
You can only change the dungeon BGM in Answer Mode..
This statement is totally false. You can also change BGMs in The Journey, as well, but only after Fuuka joins.
mienai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 12:24   Link #240
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mienai View Post
This statement is totally false. You can also change BGMs in The Journey, as well, but only after Fuuka joins.
Awsome! so what are the other tracks in The Journey?

Tags
ps2