AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-04, 03:31   Link #221
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
These should be no need to have different threads, as our Spoiler Policy forbids posting spoilers of future content, and we do have a Spoiler & Speculation thread specifically for Light Novel readers. Novel readers who post inappropriate spoilers should be infracted and banned -- if necessary for the duration of the show's airing. But because this is a prequel to an already adapted show, everyone is expected to have watched Fate/stay night, and this should not be considered a spoiler for this show. (It'd be sort of like watching a second season without ever having seen the first.) I will post a clarification of the spoiler policy as a reminder (which, in fact, I started working on yesterday, when we started receiving conflicting reports from members about this issue). If anyone spots any light novel-based hints or commentary, they should report the posts, but Fate/stay night anime knowledge should be considered OK.
And what about Heaven's Feel? That is part of the continuity too, and it's not fair to Sakura fans to prevent us discussing her story properly when Saber fans and Rin fans can discuss theirs.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 08:35   Link #222
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That sounds good. But with Heaven's Feel, there will be connections to it throughout Zero. Could we have permission to mention them behind spoiler tags?
The issue is that it hasn't yet been animated, and our spoiler rules were always designed primarily for anime-only viewers. It's considered that there's a decent chance they could still animate that route in the future, perhaps in another movie. So that's why the policy currently excludes this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And how do we talk about stuff from the visual novel that doesn't allude to future events in Zero if we haven't read it yet?
If you haven't read the Zero novel, then it's speculation not spoilers. Speculation is never a spoiler even if you're right, so long as people who have read the Zero novels don't confirm it as true. That's the normal rule we have for speculation, and it applies here too.

Basically all this flows out of the exception currently in the Spoiler Policy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler Policy
  • Answering specific questions about past or current events using knowledge of the source material, so long as these questions will not be answered by the adaptation itself in the future. (We strongly encourage posters to discuss any spoilers via PM, rather than in the work's discussion thread.)
I will also say that we're still considering feedback on this issue, so may revise things further if we find that this solution isn't accomplishing the desired effect.
Old 2011-10-04, 16:04   Link #223
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I do hope you guys will think more about allowing Heaven's Feel talk behind spoiler tags because, as it stands now, there is no place for non-Zero readers to discuss it.
Old 2011-10-04, 18:10   Link #224
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
The issue is that it hasn't yet been animated, and our spoiler rules were always designed primarily for anime-only viewers. It's considered that there's a decent chance they could still animate that route in the future, perhaps in another movie. So that's why the policy currently excludes this route.
This is unfair, though. There is a lot of stuff in HF which is important to Zero (indeed, it's possibly the most important route of the three), and yet we have nowhere we can discuss it.

Quote:
If you haven't read the Zero novel, then it's speculation not spoilers. Speculation is never a spoiler even if you're right, so long as people who have read the Zero novels don't confirm it as true. That's the normal rule we have for speculation, and it applies here too.
But what about people who've not read the light novel, but have read the original Visual Novel, and their "speculation" is based on information taken from that? Where are they supposed to post?

Last edited by Cherry_Lover; 2011-10-04 at 19:39.
Old 2011-10-05, 13:26   Link #225
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
But what about people who've not read the light novel, but have read the original Visual Novel, and their "speculation" is based on information taken from that? Where are they supposed to post?
They are supposed to post in the Fate/Zero - Fate/Stay Night: connecting the dots thread. Indeed, it's a thread explicitly for the connections between F/SN and Fate/Zero, so I think it's perfect for this purpose.
Old 2011-10-05, 15:11   Link #226
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
They are supposed to post in the Fate/Zero - Fate/Stay Night: connecting the dots thread. Indeed, it's a thread explicitly for the connections between F/SN and Fate/Zero, so I think it's perfect for this purpose.
Yes, but it has Fate/Zero spoilers, so people who haven't read that can't post there.

The Fate/Zero light novel is a lot less well-read than the FSN visual novel is, so I would imagine that there are a lot of people who want to discuss Zero in that context (which, after all, is the context it was originally supposed to be discussed in, since it's a prequel to the VN in general, not the anime in particular), and currently they can't. Either they have to leave out anything relating to HF, or they have to risk getting spoilered on Zero.
Old 2011-10-05, 16:22   Link #227
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, we're still discussing this problem among the staff, but just as an idea... what if we created a "Fate/Zero - Speculation & Theories (for F/SN game players)" thread?

If we did this, then we probably wouldn't allow F/SN game discussion in the episode threads and direct it there instead.

I have to get the input of some of the rest of the mod team, but does this seem like a possible solution?

We're trying to come up with a way to accommodate as many people as possible, but this show is a tricky situation. We also don't want people to be overwhelmed with the amount of different spoiler threads around. Another option for all this would be to create a Fate/Stay Night Social Group and have discussions in there...
Old 2011-10-05, 16:38   Link #228
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Well, we're still discussing this problem among the staff, but just as an idea... what if we created a "Fate/Zero - Speculation & Theories (for F/SN game players)" thread?
Yeah, that makes sense.

Quote:
If we did this, then we probably wouldn't allow F/SN game discussion in the episode threads and direct it there instead.
How does that differ from the current situation?

Quote:
I have to get the input of some of the rest of the mod team, but does this seem like a possible solution?
Yeah, I think it would work.

Quote:
Another option for all this would be to create a Fate/Stay Night Social Group and have discussions in there...
No, the Fate/Zero stuff would get overwhelmed by everything else.
Old 2011-10-05, 17:42   Link #229
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
That would be perfect and was what I had in mind when I asked the first time.
Old 2011-10-07, 18:22   Link #230
Vicious108

Quote:
That sounds like a good idea. There's so much speculation to be made by those that've played the Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel but are experiencing Fate/Zero for the first time with the anime, but really no place for them to do it as it is.

Though I'd still be hesitant to post a theory even in such a thread, with all the confirming/disconfirming-happy novel readers out there, but oh well.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 21:05   Link #231
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This is just to let you know that, as a result of all the feedback, we've now updated the policy and created the new speculation threads. We sincerely hope that this will better meet everyone's needs, but if you have feedback please feel to contact myself or any other members of the staff team. We really hope that we can make this a fun discussion experience for everyone, as much as possible. Thanks!
Old 2011-10-08, 20:24   Link #232
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Will we get a Fate/Zero image/fanart thread in the near future? Or rename the Fate Stay/Night Image thread to just Fate Series Image thread?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 23:27   Link #233
Nerroth
NePoi!

Indeed, should the manga thread be re-purposed to cover manga released for non-F/SN stories (Fate/Extra has an ongoing manga adaptation, to give one example) or should they go in their own threads (or stay under the F/E game heading, in the case of the one I mentioned)?
Old 2011-10-09, 04:11   Link #234
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I'm not sure about the manga thread, but renaming the image thread is a go!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 09:17   Link #235
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I don't know why this hasn't been thought of, but ever since the Fate/MMORPG was cancelled, maybe this would be a neat idea.

Could we have a Fate/Everything Master/Servant Creation and Discussion thread, please?
Old 2011-10-11, 05:58   Link #236
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Honestly, making a character creation at this point would be nothing but folly.
Beyond the insane scope this kind of thread would potentially go (see Nanoha one), it would be way too much to deal with at this point of the series, considering all the spoilers and offtopic flying left and right already.

We might make such kind of threads in the future, but definitely not at the same time as the series is going full force. It would be way too inconvenient to monitor.
Old 2011-10-15, 11:23   Link #237
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Could we get an episode 3 discussion thread up?

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 09:22   Link #238
Yuna Amakura

How about a thread for F/Z's OST?
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 22:07   Link #239
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Just use the old music discussion thread which I've renamed: Fate/ Series Music Discussion
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 21:03   Link #240
Miraluka
Banned

What about Fate/Zero characters discussion?

Broskander aka King of Bros, Kotomine and Kiritsugu needs their own threads.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote