AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-01-09, 10:24   Link #221
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
^Understandable if you only read WN, she's more like a mob character than a heroine in WN, not to mention she didn't have much screentime either.

LN on other hand, author rewrite her role and give her a lot of screen time to shine as a character. I give Sayo a kudos in certain event when Rio almost beat the rapist to death when he saw Sayo and Ruri almost got raped by him (only Ruri in WN). Sayo is the one who convince Ruri that she should be thankful Rio for save them instead of fear him.

In short LN treat Sayo as a heroine while WN treat her as a sacrifice lamb to show how much loyal (obsessed) of Haruto to Miharu.

Actually i have read both LN and WN, i read approx 5 vols of the WN while i am currently reading LN in jnovels club website they are almost done with vol 3 they are 90% progression, even so i still don't like her, i think my problem with her is that she is a boring character, i mean she has not defining trait, she is not as beautiful as ashia, she is not as interesting and mysterious as liselotte, she is not as cute as Celia sensei, she is not as strong as satsuki, she is not as sweet as Miharu, i think she is too undistinguished and humdrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denker View Post
Don't forget that she wasn't ever involved, in any way, in complicating Rio's life.
She is one of the heroines that besides goodwill, doesn't have any kind of baggage that Rio would need to carry.
So, she is up there along literally any girl in the Seirei Village as good choices for Rio to make a life with.
That's certainly true, she does not bring problems into Rio life, while the others need him to solve those problems, but if he is able to solve those big problems, he gonna be given with a golden opportunity, to be with more that 1 girl.
Old 2019-01-09, 12:23   Link #222
Denker

I disagree on Sayo not being as sweet as Miharu. Both have the same archetype of sweet innocent girl. Only difference is that Miharu was on conflict with her feelings for "Haruto-san" as she still thought of "Haru-kun"
And hey, I am all for harems, but keep in mind the following: Rio hasn't shown interest at all in any of them besides Miharu.
Romantic interest I mean, so Celia unfortunately doesn't count.

Never a "she is such a nice girl" or "she is really cute"
Most of his compliments, even in inner monologues, are out of respect or objective truths. This is especially true with Liselotte, where she is the best Noblewoman he's ever met besides Celia.
He respects Satsuki's strenght and taking care of Miharu and co
The only time he's ever thought of women in a possibly romantic way was when Sayo confessed to him. And kind of when the girls in the Seirei Village got drunk and their parents made fun of them.

Last edited by Denker; 2019-01-09 at 18:01. Reason: lots of typos
Denker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-10, 10:34   Link #223
Mirable
ミラベル

Quote:
Don't forget that she wasn't ever involved, in any way, in complicating Rio's life.
She is one of the heroines that besides goodwill, doesn't have any kind of baggage that Rio would need to carry.
So, she is up there along literally any girl in the Seirei Village as good choices for Rio to make a life with.
Funny Miharu is the most person who cause the complicate thing in Rio's life.

Miharu, Masuto and Aki were the real baggage to Rio during the time they stayed with him and Rio has to got himself involve nobility that he hate so much to gain connection to protect them.

Anyway i hope Rio doesn't choose a girl because she's not troublesome or baggage to him cuz it's unkind and not cool at all.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-10, 11:53   Link #224
Denker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
Anyway i hope Rio doesn't choose a girl because she's not troublesome or baggage to him cuz it's unkind and not cool at all.
Lol thats not what I meant at all. Just to clarify, I meant that this girl would lead to more stable life were love could be born.
I siad why all the others are notablily an issue for Rio. Even Celia felt the need to fight da good fight. And r
rio didn't want her to die a dog's death. Which would've happened if not something worse.
Old 2019-01-10, 21:13   Link #225
Roberto1

I want Rio to be with Celia sensei and ashia forever

Last edited by Roberto1; 2019-01-10 at 22:29.
Roberto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-11, 01:25   Link #226
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
I want Rio to be with Celia sensei and ashia forever
Naw. Include them all such as Liselotte, Satsuki, Miharu, and Latifa. He's close with all of them. Especially shown in the drama CD, lol
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-11, 19:15   Link #227
Exia237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Naw. Include them all such as Liselotte, Satsuki, Miharu, and Latifa. He's close with all of them. Especially shown in the drama CD, lol
Pray for harem ending
And if not harem ending, just don't end up with useless miharu
Exia237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 08:34   Link #228
Anemya

so in ln there's haruto no more? can anyone describe me the difference between haruto and rio in way of think and personality? cause I feels weird when thinking this is a novel where the mc reincarnated to the otherworld but not being himself and gone
Anemya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 11:30   Link #229
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemya View Post
so in ln there's haruto no more? can anyone describe me the difference between haruto and rio in way of think and personality? cause I feels weird when thinking this is a novel where the mc reincarnated to the otherworld but not being himself and gone
As i see haruto and rio are the same person, haruto died in that accident then reincarnated as Rio but without memories of his past life, then rio recover his memories of his past life but at that moment Rio had already develop a new personality, that's why he thinks himself as 2 different entities.
Old 2019-01-14, 15:52   Link #230
Denker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemya View Post
the difference between haruto and rio in way of think and personality?
There aren't many, as most events in the LN follow the WN.

In the WN, Haruto reincarnates and takes charge of everything. The only thing remaining from Rio is his hatred and thirst for revenge.

In the LN, its more like Rio "remembers memories from his previous life" and insists that Haruto is dead, and he is Rio.
However, Haruto's memories and personality clearly influenced Rio's growth and perspective on his surroundings.
Old 2019-01-15, 06:05   Link #231
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
There aren't many, as most events in the LN follow the WN.

In the WN, Haruto reincarnates and takes charge of everything. The only thing remaining from Rio is his hatred and thirst for revenge.

In the LN, its more like Rio "remembers memories from his previous life" and insists that Haruto is dead, and he is Rio.
However, Haruto's memories and personality clearly influenced Rio's growth and perspective on his surroundings.
Pfft and yet in the LN he immediately uses Haruto's full name when he was knighted.

I like the WN version better when the dominant personality is Haruto.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 21:43   Link #232
Denker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Pfft and yet in the LN he immediately uses Haruto's full name when he was knighted.
I still don't know how these two events were so different. Mind telling me if you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I like the WN version better when the dominant personality is Haruto.
Lets agree to disagree there. Exactly because of the knighting event.
Old 2019-01-15, 22:14   Link #233
travelingbum

the knighting really?
I thought it was all about the separation or Lucius.

Last edited by travelingbum; 2019-01-16 at 06:43.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-16, 17:51   Link #234
Denker

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
the knighting really?
I thought it was all about the separation or Lucius.
The knighting avoids the separation. The part with Lucius made me question if LN Rio is actually worse than WN Haruto.

The separation being avoided convinced me to prefer the LN.
Fuck Takatrash with a fork.

Last edited by Denker; 2019-01-16 at 22:09. Reason: terrible english
Old 2019-01-25, 08:06   Link #235
ReiKazumi
Black Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
As i see haruto and rio are the same person, haruto died in that accident then reincarnated as Rio but without memories of his past life, then rio recover his memories of his past life but at that moment Rio had already develop a new personality, that's why he thinks himself as 2 different entities.
this not quite right aisia say their personality is bend together.....this make rio hard to interact with miharu...well at least he not accept himself is because he is coward if you read volume 6 , 8 and 9 you can read aisia mention that rio is very kind person also very coward , too confined in his past to much
Old 2019-01-25, 08:50   Link #236
sparhawk1610
Asura

To be honest, I like LN version a lot more. I canīt rly like Haruto/Rio in the WN that much but in the LN he just fits to my bill better. Also, the vol 10 justice punch and the cheering of the ship crew for Haruto/Rio was simply too good, instead of that letter crap from the WN. Also, the part after with princess carry was rly cute. (Good job Editor!)
Also, he indeed is kind of coward, but I donīt rly mind it that much. The story so far is good.
Old 2019-01-28, 10:51   Link #237
ReiKazumi
Black Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk1610 View Post
To be honest, I like LN version a lot more. I canīt rly like Haruto/Rio in the WN that much but in the LN he just fits to my bill better. Also, the vol 10 justice punch and the cheering of the ship crew for Haruto/Rio was simply too good, instead of that letter crap from the WN. Also, the part after with princess carry was rly cute. (Good job Editor!)
Also, he indeed is kind of coward, but I donīt rly mind it that much. The story so far is good.
well you must wait until flora arc next volume this would be great at least 4 or 5 volume in future, author make rio christina and flora known rio identity this make more interesting develop to me
Old 2019-01-28, 18:07   Link #238
Roberto1

Rio is not a coward, he is a badass.
Old 2019-01-29, 07:19   Link #239
Fhenex
Anywhere Nowhere

hmm....since beltrum kingdom only have a princess (no prince) to succeed the throne, and the fact that it's where everything began for rio, does that mean the author have a plan to make rio into a king in a future?
Fhenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-29, 08:54   Link #240
ReiKazumi
Black Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhenex View Post
hmm....since beltrum kingdom only have a princess (no prince) to succeed the throne, and the fact that it's where everything began for rio, does that mean the author have a plan to make rio into a king in a future?
you kinda remind me madan no ou to vanadis btw someone who read web novel , author will make it clear , please wait for a bit

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai