3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.15%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.15%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-02, 16:25   Link #221
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post

That was not in her best interest. She plainly said beforehand not to come and he did anyways. He knows nothing about the world and her situation and he continues make choices without Emilias feelings in mind. He's thinking "she needs me" He portrays her more as a damsel in distress than an independent woman fighting for the throne. How many times do you need to be told no, until you realize you need to drop the white knight routine until it's truly needed?

Yet Rem does the exact same thing with Subaru and you her praise for it. Like the time she ignored his wishes to save Emilia and the villagers together and went on her own which is constant flaw with her. Your bias is pretty obvious man.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 16:30   Link #222
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Yet Rem does the exact same thing with Subaru and you her praise for it. Like the time she ignored his wishes to save Emilia and the villagers together and went on her own. Your bias is pretty obvious man.
Rem saved Subaru from his own insanity. Rem isn't making her choices to impress Subaru, that's the difference. Subaru is weak, and helpless; if something was truly wrong with the capital, then it's not a place a normal, talent-less human should be.
Old 2016-08-02, 16:31   Link #223
moridin84
Custom User Title

@Demi

To summarize your opinions

Rem = Good
Subaru = Bad
Emilia = Bad
Subaru X Emilia = Bad
Subaru X Rem = Good

Is that about right?
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 16:35   Link #224
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
@Demi

To summarize your opinions

Rem = Good
Subaru = Bad
Emilia = Bad
Subaru X Emilia = Bad
Subaru X Rem = Good

Is that about right?
I like Emilia.
Subaru has his ups and downs, mostly downs.
SubaruXEmilia will continue to be stupid and illogical to me from a spectators perspective.
Old 2016-08-02, 16:36   Link #225
Applehell

Quote:
Rem saved Subaru from his own insanity. Rem isn't making her choices to impress Subaru, that's the difference.
Subaru saved Emilia from dying which had nothing to with impressing her, but as he said back at ep 12 it's all he can do with his ability because he's only useful when he's near her during the time something is happening.

You plainly have double standards here and pretty terrible another person actions and intents to suit you're perffered ship. It's also in an insult to Rem who knows Subaru is good person who doesn't do just his own sake. Rem clearly recongized Subaru cares for Emilia deeply and not just out of self interest.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-08-02 at 16:48.
Old 2016-08-02, 16:46   Link #226
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Rem saved Subaru from his own insanity. Rem isn't making her choices to impress Subaru, that's the difference. Subaru is weak, and helpless; if something was truly wrong with the capital, then it's not a place a normal, talent-less human should be.
I'm sorry but that's actually the best place for him to be. If something happens in the capital he gains this information in first person with all the details and can do something about it with his Return by Death ability. Or you think facing Elsa or giant monster dogs are places for a normal, talent-less human to be? That was the reason why he wanted to go there just in case Emilia would have to face another life or death situation and also to try and do something important in his life. He was just too arrogant by assuming he could do that all by himself and self-proclaiming Emilia's Knight without even be able to prove/explain his skills to everyone else.

Quote:
To marry Emilia is the equivalent to marrying into royalty, Rem is a simple maid. What do you think people would think of Emilia if that's who she chooses? He was already aiming too high when he wanted to be her knight and got humiliated in spectacular fashion.
People's opinion about Emilia is already the lowest as it can gets..lol. They are like: "Who Emilia thinks she is for wanting the king's throne? She is just some Half-Elf scum that looks exactly like the evil Witch that consumed half the world some time ago!". I mean, if people can accept Emilia as their Queen despite all the prejudice shown towards her, i really doubt marrying Subaru would be a problem.

EDIT:
Quote:
SubaruXEmilia will continue to be stupid and illogical to me from a spectators perspective.
You know where the main flaw in you argument is? You want Rem to be with Subaru because she did so much for him, yet Subaru did the same thing towards Emilia and suddenly you disagree with the idea about them being together.

Last edited by DemonneoPT; 2016-08-02 at 16:58. Reason: Updating my answer
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 16:54   Link #227
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
People's opinion about Emilia is already the lowest as it can gets..lol. They are like: "Who Emilia thinks she is for wanting the king's throne? She is just some Half-Elf scum that looks exactly like the evil Witch that consumed half the world some time ago!". I mean, if people can accept Emilia as their Queen despite all the prejudice shown towards her, i really doubt marrying Subaru would be a problem.
It actually might even some positive effect since the Head Sage praised Subaru for his willingly to support her because sends a message that if there was normal person this loyal or devoted towards Emilia she might not be that bad.
Old 2016-08-02, 17:15   Link #228
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
I like Emilia.
Subaru has his ups and downs, mostly downs.
If Subaru is obsessed with Emilia then it makes sense for him to reject Rem for Emiia. though.

It might not be a healthy relationship it fairly logical for him to act in such a way with that in mind.
Old 2016-08-02, 17:18   Link #229
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
If Subaru is obsessed with Emilia then it makes sense for him to reject Rem for Emiia. though.

It might not be a healthy relationship it fairly logical for him to act in such a way with that in mind.
There's no way obsession came into play here. That would have completely ruined this scene. If he can still say he loves Emilia after everything Rem did just now then he must really love her.
Old 2016-08-02, 17:23   Link #230
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Let's not blow the truth out of proportion. The girl didn't want him to interfere with the royal meeting. And don't conveniently forget that they mutually agreed to this.
While I won't say she didn't want him to do it, I don't remember her actually forbidding him from doing so. I assume she just didn't expect him to do it. Either way, the promise was not about keeping him away from the meeting. It was about keeping Subaru from overexerting himself. The fact that he also made an ass of himself on top of that was unexpected.

I'll give you that he broke a promise, but I still do not see any stalkerish behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
You know where the main flaw in you argument is? You want Rem to be with Subaru because she did so much for him, yet Subaru did the same thing towards Emilia and suddenly you disagree with the idea about them being together.
Well yeah, but you know how it is. It's okay to be unreasonable when a woman does it to a man.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 17:23   Link #231
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Reading this forum is making me feel like I'm back in high school.

This line of conversation has already been moderated once. Can we stop trying to decipher romance in a fictional setting?

This is going no where fast.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 17:34   Link #232
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
There's no way obsession came into play here. That would have completely ruined this scene. If he can still say he loves Emilia after everything Rem did just now then he must really love her.
I'm trying to see things from Demi's perspective. You won't come to any kind of understanding if both sides simply insist that their own opinions are correct.

In any case, I don't think it's wrong to say that these constant revivals have "supercharged" Subaru's emotions towards Emilia. Though of course, the same is with Subaru's feelings towards Rem. I don't think that his feelings towards Rem now are the same as his feelings towards Rem in the first loop.

Quote:

This line of conversation has already been moderated once. Can we stop trying to decipher romance in a fictional setting?

This thread is only for episode 18. I think it's best to get this out of people's system here and now rather than keep talking about in later threads.
Old 2016-08-02, 17:39   Link #233
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
While I won't say she didn't want him to do it, I don't remember her actually forbidding him from doing so. I assume she just didn't expect him to do it. Either way, the promise was not about keeping him away from the meeting. It was about keeping Subaru from overexerting himself. The fact that he also made an ass of himself on top of that was unexpected.

I'll give you that he broke a promise, but I still do not see any stalkerish behavior.

Well yeah, but you know how it is. It's okay to be unreasonable when a woman does it to a man.
You're focusing toooooo freaking much on the word stalker. Stalkers stalk because they have an unhealthy obsession with their target. That's what it means by "stalker level" of obsession. Because Subaru does have an unhealthy obsession with Emilia.

She tells him to flat out stay the fuck away and in his head "nah she doesn't mean it, she needs me, she's useless without me" and kept trying to be near her.

That shit ain't healthy man.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 17:59   Link #234
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post

Actually, I can think of two subforums that have been slammed in the past because of shipping wars and the resulting character bashing.

EDIT: And know what? The current discussion is bordering on it.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 18:05   Link #235
Draco Spirit

And now for a different topic!

Anyone notice how little information Subaru has shared about his past? When he mention his shame of his old life, it stood out as a rarity... anyone willing to bet something big might be hiding in there?
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 18:08   Link #236
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post

Anyone notice how little information Subaru has shared about his past? When he mention his shame of his old life, it stood out as a rarity... anyone willing to bet something big might be hiding in there?
Rarity? It describes all of us.
Old 2016-08-02, 18:12   Link #237
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:

Don't think he's hiding anything, he was just a NEET, that's all there is to it.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 18:21   Link #238
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

I was thinking this a few days ago when I was rewatching the first two episodes. Go look at the difference in his eyes in episode 1 before he gets sent into this fantasy world and his eyes as soon as he gets there. He looked quite depressed before.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 18:25   Link #239
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
You're focusing toooooo freaking much on the word stalker. Stalkers stalk because they have an unhealthy obsession with their target. That's what it means by "stalker level" of obsession. Because Subaru does have an unhealthy obsession with Emilia.

She tells him to flat out stay the fuck away and in his head "nah she doesn't mean it, she needs me, she's useless without me" and kept trying to be near her.

That shit ain't healthy man.
He wasn't mentally sound anyway. I don't think his alledged 'obsession' had anything to do with anything.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 18:43   Link #240
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I just find it funny only now people are losing their shit over those who think Subaru is a stalker. The episode when Emilia rejected Subaru, practically everyone was shouting stalker and nobody batted an eye then.