AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2020-09-02, 15:25   Link #221
Sakuratsuki

If the one interested in you her name is the witch of envy you better be sure to run. So that was some hardcore Yandere love right there. Witch of envy no joking around
Old 2020-09-02, 15:35   Link #222
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So apparently all the other Witches exist within the same plain as Echidna and can inhabit her body to live again, but it can be a bit of a free for all when Echidna opens herself up to them .
Reminder: Echidna is dead too.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-02, 18:52   Link #223
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The pacing of this arc seems really slow, to the point I'm wondering whether it will even end in this cour. We're this many episodes in and the story keeps throwing more problems at Subaru, although I assume Satella's appearance is a one of a kind event and won't happen again. Echidna asking for Petra's handkerchief as payment commenting it's full of love and Satella professing her love to Subaru before heading toward the mansion seem linked. Did Echidna provoke her somehow?

Roswaal confirms what we've suspected for a while now. What's his end game?

It was nice to see some of the other witches, but Echidna is just so much better. Would have tea parties with.
Old 2020-09-02, 20:40   Link #224
Wandering Soul

And now a rampaging Satella has been added to the mix. This arc is really just pilling on problem after problem for Subaru.
Old 2020-09-02, 22:10   Link #225
Frontier

We also see where the Archbishop of Gluttony got his teeth from. The only resemblance Greed has to Echidna is the white hair. I wonder if having the Witch Factor alters your body to make you resemble the Witch your named after ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Reminder: Echidna is dead too.
Yeah, I kind of wonder if Echidna being the "main" representing body is something they all agreed on or if it's situational to Subaru and what's going on at Sanctuary ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The pacing of this arc seems really slow, to the point I'm wondering whether it will even end in this cour. We're this many episodes in and the story keeps throwing more problems at Subaru, although I assume Satella's appearance is a one of a kind event and won't happen again. Echidna asking for Petra's handkerchief as payment commenting it's full of love and Satella professing her love to Subaru before heading toward the mansion seem linked. Did Echidna provoke her somehow?
We've got...what, 3-4 episodes left? And it doesn't really seem like there's a clear solution for how Subaru can resolve all his problems at this point. I'm really curious how they're going to end this cour .

Wouldn't it be something if Satella is doing all this because Subaru had a private conversation with a girl over their "special" thing and then she went after Petra (and probably Rem) out of jealous spite ?

Although could she have always done this? Or was it just the one two punch of getting really ticked at Subaru and Emilia being an emotional mess at the time ?
Old 2020-09-03, 17:09   Link #226
HandofFate

wow, all the witches are quite the characters.
Loved the few seconds we saw of Minerva.
Old 2020-09-03, 19:26   Link #227
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The pacing of this arc seems really slow, to the point I'm wondering whether it will even end in this cour.
This arc gonna last 25 episodes. We are actually barely at halfway point. Arc 4 has al lot of moving parts deals with the aftermath Arc 1-3 & groundwork laid in them for this arc to occur. The lore regarding the witches, Roswaal's gospel etc are just examples of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
wow, all the witches are quite the characters.
Loved the few seconds we saw of Minerva.
They all have screws loose in their head and far from normal by any stretch of imagine but that what makes them fun!
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-03, 19:41   Link #228
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
This arc gonna last 25 episodes. We are actually barely at halfway point. Arc 4 has al lot of moving parts deals with the aftermath Arc 1-3 & groundwork laid in them for this arc to occur. The lore regarding the witches, Roswaal's gospel etc are just examples of that.
To add to this episode just finished the second LN of this arc (out of six).
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-04, 05:18   Link #229
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

One thing to also note about this last episode is how Echidna hinted Subaru to help Emilia in clearing the trials, and to "give the cowardly princess wings".

However, for Subaru, helping Emilia doesn't seem like the top priority at the moment due to more pressing matters, such as Elsa's attack on the mansion and the arrival of the Great Rabbit...not to mention dealing with Garfiel and the situation at the Sanctuary. There's also Roswaal, but he's not doing anything aside from following his own agenda (which I assume mean obeying what's written in the perfect gospel).

The Witch of Envy appearing seems to be an isolated case...probably happened because Subaru discussed about Return by Death with Echidna.

Speaking of the Witch of Envy appearing, she might be the most low key disturbing yandere yet. Why? Because most of the time, we know why the yandere fell in love with the protagonist...this time however, we don't. That alone amplifies how delusional she is.
Old 2020-09-04, 07:21   Link #230
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I didn't think it would last this long. Well, as long as it stays interesting, it's fine. However, it now doubly sucks that it's split cour. Too bad for Rem fans, too.
Old 2020-09-06, 05:46   Link #231
Zolton

I hope Satella smashes through that goddamn barrier and lets everyone head to the mansion straight away. This arc has been dragging on for too long, and Subaru isn't getting any closer to the solution.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-06, 08:28   Link #232
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so is Satella suddenly went rampaging because she is jealous on how close Subaru with other witches?
If he killed himself right now, I wonder about the save point.. Should be on "I love you" scene, right?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-06, 13:46   Link #233
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolton View Post
I hope Satella smashes through that goddamn barrier and lets everyone head to the mansion straight away. This arc has been dragging on for too long, and Subaru isn't getting any closer to the solution.
Except I'm not sure how that would solve anything, if the cast is dead. NM, now that Satella would be the bigger problem.

The 2nd half of S1 waay longer than this anyway and its hardly been dragging. Every loop has something new happening that getting us closer to the truth while exposing to a ton about various things S1 barely talked about & introducing new character that help flesh out the setting. Even if story decides to rush to the end point skipping all the world, story & character development of to get there, why should anyone care then other just say well yeah it ended? The journey is always the most important point of a story not the destination.
Old 2020-09-07, 16:48   Link #234
Applehell

New OV, rather spoilery this time. So be advised if you that phobic.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-09-09, 10:08   Link #235
Frontier

Hey, in this loop Ram actually saved Garfiel. That's nice for him .

Satella saying "I love you" while swaying like a schoolgirl was something I wasn't expecting to see. Of course, Subaru doesn't think it holds a candle to Rem's confession, and Subaru would much rather hear it from anyone other than her, including the other Witches, which she obviously does not take well .

So Subaru wonders if Echidna knew this would happen when she asked him for Petra's gift, although I wonder if that spirit dagger he used to kill himself was also from Echidna .

Subaru finally unveil's Satella and witnesses her face...the face of an older Emilia with sterner eyes and tears across her face. She looks so much like Emilia that Subaru declared he would save her as if she was Emilia. Was she crying because Subaru killing himself meant they would be separated again? Her "I love you's" turning into a "love me" definitely seem to indicate she wants Subaru to reciprocate her feelings, although fat chance of that this rate .

Subaru was so shooken up by seeing Satella that even he had to restrain himself after seeing Emilia again, echoing how other people react to her because of how much she looks like the Witch of Envy. Although he recovered pretty quickly .

Ram is such a tsundere .

So all the Ryuzu's are apparently a result of Echidna's experiments to try and gain immortality, only ending up with a bunch of Ryuzu's whose only job it is to tend to Sanctuary. Some have individuality, like Ryuzu Bilma (and probably the other white Ryuzu Subaru talked with and who black Ryuzu was expecting Subaru to talk to), but some are just husks that were used in Garfiel's attack on Satella. What about Ryuzu Meyer, though? Is there a way to free her? Would she want to be free ?

Garfiel attempted the Trial too, and is an Apostle of Greed? Now I wonder what his connection with Echidna is. It also seems like it's the source of his frustration with Subaru, too. And was Echidna the "lover" Ryuzu was talking about ?

Otto best bro! It's just that he's too much of a best bro for Subaru to get him too involved, lest it kill him .

I'm not really sure what Subaru going on his own can accomplish at this point, but right now he seems to just be testing things out and learning as much as he can in these loops so he can get to the True Ending .

Man, that was an awesome declaration by Subaru towards Garfiel. It doesn't matter how many times he'll die or what obstacle he'll have to overcome, he'll uncover every secret, lie, and machination in his way and find a way to undo it to save Emilia and everyone else. He won't let people suffer the same he has to suffer time and time again. And he said it with such conviction that even Garfield was rendered speechless .

Well, at least it looks like Frederica and Petra will survive this loop. I hope Petra is able to get her date eventually .

Looks like Subaru is finally going to have his much-awaited talk with Beatrice, which she seems to be expecting this time around. It also sounds like whatever contract she's under is about to end, which I guess is what Roswaal was talking about. Should be an interesting conversation next week .
Old 2020-09-09, 13:35   Link #236
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Okay, the Ryuzu clones weren't really a surprise since it's shown in the opening, but that Garfiel has control over them was. This explains the whole "Eyes of the Sanctuary" thing.

So...that's what Echidna meant when she said "meddling". She put a spell on the cloth to turn into a dagger in a time of need, just so Subaru could have a way out.

Just as Subaru said, the state of affairs during the start of this loop were somewhat better, it's amazing what a few different reactions can do to change an outcome

Surprise, Subaru gained some bonus information when he was being engulfed in darkness, the location of some sort of experimental facility, where a large crystal with the original Ryuzu is sealed. The others are all clones...results of Echidna's experiments to obtain immortality, probably a means to satisfy her endless thirst for knowledge...and also why she's so interested in Subaru, because he's technically also immortal.

That talk with Emilia during the moonlight was nice.
Unfortunately, Subaru realized that Emilia still relies on Puck for emotional support, but Subaru still gives his best at encouraging her.

Subaru decides to stay quiet and keep Otto out of the picture, and leaves early in the morning to the mansion, but is interrupted by Garfiel.
Man, Garfiel's face when Subaru said he's seen hell many times over...priceless.

Arriving at the mansion, Subaru asks Frederica and Petra to evacuate, and he goes see Beatrice...looks like we'll soon be learning the meaning behind the "I am that person."

Though, the way Beatrice spoke felt kind of ominous...
Old 2020-09-09, 15:56   Link #237
GDB

With how many good flags are popping up, alliances being made or in the process of being made, and people being kept alive, I feel like we're going to get a new reset point from this loop soon.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-09, 16:30   Link #238
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
With how many good flags are popping up, alliances being made or in the process of being made, and people being kept alive, I feel like we're going to get a new reset point from this loop soon.
Maybe the new reset point will be from whatever Beatrice does. It might be too much to hope for, but maybe Beatrice takes care of Elsa and the Mabeasts so Subaru can focus on Sanctuary.
Old 2020-09-09, 17:22   Link #239
Wandering Soul

This is the best loop yet so far. Emilia seems to be more ready to take on the trials, Ryuzu trusts Subaru and is open with him, Gafiel (while still suspicious) won't oppose him, and Subaru managed to get both Frederica and Petra out of the mansion before Elsa shows up. Ultimately things may come down to how his talk with Beatrice goes.
Old 2020-09-09, 18:48   Link #240
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I knew about Satella looking exactly like Emilia (one of the visuals revealed it) but it seems there is more to it than that. As in, Emilia and Satella are in fact the same person, probably due to some time travel fuckery. It felt like Subaru sensed this and that's why he said he would save her. It would also explain why she's obsessed with Subaru. One thing that throws a bit of a wrench in that theory is that Satella called him Subaru-kun instead of just Subaru.

I wasn't expecting Garfiel to have already passed the trial and be an Apostle of Echidna. What are his motives exactly?

I agree everything is going really well so far in this loop (which, ironically, Subaru seems to treat as a test) and that Subaru will reach a new save point. I've already said it before, but I like how strong willed Subaru is compared to the previous arcs.