AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-10-07, 12:22   Link #221
WingedAccelerator

What if Arrd was living there, not even knowing anything about Percival, the premonition, and his group? He may as well think they are innocent traveler kids passing by, so he didn't technically lie to them about his beliefs.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 18:01   Link #222
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Arrd is one of Arthur's Chaos Knights. He definitely knows that Percival is one of the Knights of the Apocalypse.
Old 2021-10-08, 12:46   Link #223
WingedAccelerator

He seems to prioritize the destruction of the village, not Percival's group. Not sure how often do the Chaos Knights meet, but Percival's description from Chapter 6 is not that obvious since Talisker also only realized it's the Apocalypse Knight with the wing-like hair, when he knocked off his helmet. Unless Arrd was the one, who was syping on the group with that birdie thingy and gets frequent information updates, all he saw is two kids and a fox entering the village despite his warning and two kids staying out. I also wonder if Ironside asked for secrecy from the fellow knights, who knows about Percival's name, appearance and that Ironside is his father.

Last edited by WingedAccelerator; 2021-10-10 at 05:32.
Old 2021-10-09, 06:54   Link #224
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That's a good point too, that he may not know unless he's been spying on them. Let's wait and see, then.
Old 2021-10-12, 11:10   Link #225
marvelB

New chap's here! So, it's been confirmed: These demons didn't take part in the holy war. We also discover that there's another method to seal away demons than using the coffin (albeit at a smaller scale). As far as Ardd/Ardbeg goes, it's very much looking like he's way less ruthless compared to the other Chaos Knights shown so far. He sealed away the demons instead of outright killing them, and was willing to spare everyone in the main party but Percy (and even then, he clearly relented when the others defended the kid). So perhaps we may be on our way towards a defection from one of Arthur's knights when all is said and done.....

And hey, Cernunnos! Recall that a goddess was sealed in one of those creatures' horns in NNT (the one who tried to trick Ban into killing Mel). So could this mean that there's some connection between Cernunnos and the goddess clan....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-12, 12:43   Link #226
WingedAccelerator

Isn't the sealing method the same method Veronica pulled against Meliodas in Vaizel?
Old 2021-10-12, 18:06   Link #227
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ard seems like a good but misguided guy.
Old 2021-10-12, 21:10   Link #228
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Isn't the sealing method the same method Veronica pulled against Meliodas in Vaizel?
Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that, lol. Well in that case, it's neat to see those crystals brought back into play! Also, the mention of the archangels really makes me wonder when Mael will show up? Suzuki had even drew a sketch of him during one of the early previews for the series, so he's pretty much guaranteed to reappear eventually....
Old 2021-10-13, 08:19   Link #229
WingedAccelerator

I felt it in the previous arc too or even earlier that Suzuki might be simultaneously reading through early Taizai, and see what kind of neat ideas could he elaborate more on, which he kind of dropped at that time. I don't mind it one bit.
Old 2021-10-19, 11:10   Link #230
marvelB

New chap time! So, as Percy handles the beast, Anne goes after Ardd! Apparently, she wasn't able to detect any lies from him earlier due to mere misunderstandings, which I suppose makes sense. Still, this guy is definitely more on the grey side compared to Arthur's other knights. I mean, those specific horrors he mentioned taking place during the holy war.... damn. but hopefully, Percy's group can convince him that these demons are good. And speaking of Percy, Sin woke up just in time to help the boy discover a new power up....!!!!

BTW, found it pretty interesting that Cernunnos was revealed to apparently come from Hell. Maybe it actually came from Purgatory, though? We've actually seen powerful monsters residing there in NNT, after all. And if it really is from Hell, it's kinda ironic that the demon hunter dude would use an underworld monster as a weapon....
Old 2021-10-26, 11:23   Link #231
marvelB

A bump for the new chapter! Percy defeats Ardbeg's beast, but the knight himself makes a hasty retreat! The gang chases him down, but it turns out he led them into a trap! And now Percy's gang are.... BABIES???

Anyways, the highlight of the chapter for me was Percy telling the elder guy he held no prejudices against demons or holy knights, understanding that not all of them were bad. Nice, positive message, there. I also like that they're addressing the different magic types again. My guess is that Ardbeg is using either alteration or deception type on Percy's gang, though mental may not be out of the question either, I think. Still, if they really are being transformed into babies, I wonder if we're going to have a fight similar to Alessi from Jojo part 3 (except, y'know, minus the pedo implications)?
Old 2021-10-27, 16:57   Link #232
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm starting to get bored.
Old 2021-10-28, 02:30   Link #233
WingedAccelerator

I'm with you about this.

To me, Sistana was the best arc so far by a large margin. I have nothing against adventures like this, but even last chapter, Sin just casually told Percival what to do and it worked. Now once again he is all nonchalant, which annoys me to no end. It undermines Ardbeg as a threat by a lot, who is an interesting and believable character, but he is nothing more than another weakling subordinate if they treat him like this. At least the Joestar secret technique and Sethan made a funny combo.

By the way, the English version censored Percival's baby dick with pants.
Old 2021-11-01, 13:02   Link #234
AP24

Spoiler for Ch38:
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-02, 11:00   Link #235
marvelB

Whoa, the new chapter came out earlier than I thought! Anyways, long story short, it's made even more clear that Ardbeg has more of a heart than Arthur's other knights, and the elder of the demon village promises to let him meet his departed child in exchange for sparing everyone! But as hinted in the above spoiler, the pose the old man makes at the end brings to mind a certain familiar character....!!!!

Oh, and if that weren't enough, the chapter came with an announcement! Courtesy of MH's FKS:

Quote:
From WSM's website again:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Text:
Lead color pages to celebrate the return of the Seven Deadly Sins!! The "legend of Britannia" rushes to the rescue of Percival!! A great fateful excitement! A new adventure is about to open up!! And also... a super huge announcement is coming!!
My, my, quite a bit to look forward to next week!

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-11-04 at 08:38.
Old 2021-11-02, 19:07   Link #236
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, now this is getting more exciting. Never thought the Elder would be him
Old 2021-11-08, 14:58   Link #237
marvelB

Okay, the next chapter isn't out yet, but that second announcement that was teased has finally been revealed: 4KOTA IS ALREADY GETTING A MOVIE!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^But interestingly, it's not directly based on the manga itself.... for the protagonist of this movie will be Tristan! What's more, the movie's title is confirmed to be Edinburgh's Grudge, and will be split in two parts... the first of which releases worldwide on Netflix next year! Curiously, it seems this film will go the CGI route, though. Also, I'm guessing from the title and that pic of the dude in golden armor that the villain will be Deathpierce, though if that's the case, I find that a little disappointing since I expected him to show up in the manga. Well, I guess we'll see once more info comes out. BTW, it also seems to be confirmed that the sins will be involved in this flick as well, and some of the new characters shown are giant and fairy children.... though that obviously doesn't confirm anything substantial yet, of course. Still, some pretty fascinating news, if I do say so myself!
Old 2021-11-08, 19:30   Link #238
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That's really surprising. Too bad it's CGI (and those screenshots really don't look good), it seems they want to go as cheap as they can with this franchise now.
Old 2021-11-08, 21:15   Link #239
AP24

That’s not a 4KOTA movie, that’s a 7DS movie

Also, some pics from next chapter are out and as expected it’s HIM

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by AP24; 2021-11-08 at 21:54.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-09, 08:30   Link #240
WingedAccelerator

The new chapter is out.

Best chapter of the arc to me. Easily. Although timeline problems arise with the Arthur flashback or his Chaos side is randomly popped up even in the past without him knowing and his personality changing. It's weird.

Ardd was really cool. Fitting closure for him.