Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-09-27, 15:05   Link #221
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERERABBIT View Post
So, like, things:

- I really enjoyed this new little group, they have fun chemistry.
- Elf Girl is 2000 years old.......? Yeeeeeeaaaah, I'm not buying that, even in terms of fiction. She looks like a teen and is only a Silver Rank (which I'm schocked, I'd taken her for Steel or something).
- What do the other two do. Lizard dude looks insane.
- Is Lancer tapping that
- That one little scene were Priestess was shocked about Soreceress'...attributes. It was funny and adorable. Intimidated or jealous? Heard she wasn't used to the slutty outfit.
yeah, I'm still sad about that ending.
Dwarf is a Priest
Lizard is a Shaman/Druid
Old 2016-09-29, 07:22   Link #222
ChuckE
Provoker

Damn that witch just looks like a possible rape material
Old 2016-09-29, 08:54   Link #223
kaikalaila

^ Just imagine the Dragon Crown Sorceress as her and find those doujins~

Less than a month to go for the next chapter!
kaikalaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 10:38   Link #224
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

27. **5,959 *25,081 Goblin Slayer Vol.3

For previous volumes look back at previous pages.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 18:20   Link #225
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

was she intimidated by the witch's breast size
WERERABBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 18:44   Link #226
gocav

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERERABBIT View Post
- Elf Girl is 2000 years old.......? Yeeeeeeaaaah, I'm not buying that, even in terms of fiction. She looks like a teen and is only a Silver Rank (which I'm schocked, I'd taken her for Steel or something).
I get the impression that in this world, elves aren't as strong as we are used to seeing them in other stories. I would have expected the sorceress elf to take out all the goblins in the abandoned fort by herself based on other stories I've read. Also, I haven't made it far in the LN, but in the manga there is a statement about how magic users need a staff or ring to be able to use their magic. In every fantasy story I've read before, the staff only enhances the magic, but is not required for usage of magic. I can't help but feel that the author has made heroes weaker in this story than other fantasy tales(not necessarily a bad thing).
gocav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 19:20   Link #227
Blueknight78

about the elf girl having 2000 years and still looks like a 15 years teen girls i also feel odd here, this s a really annoying japanese or to be honest asian fetish which womans are only attractive as long they looks like a 10 to max 15 years old girl otherwise they can consider a "old granny" is something creep, cuz even for a elven race which age very slowly and ca live for a really long span of life, having 2000 years and still looking like a kid is being really too more fetish than try to portrait how long a elven race can look, at that age she was really supposed to looke like at best like a 30 to 40 years old person, because even for a dragon this is more than enough to make a dragon grow to a adult to elder look taking in case which dragons also have a really long span life.

the elf girl at that age was really supposed to look like the "milf mage" in the tavern in age look, unless in this world female elvens completely stop age ate the look of 14 or 15 years.
Old 2016-10-02, 20:45   Link #228
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Eh, you people must have a lot of 2000 yo friends in RL to be stating those things as if they were supposed to be facts.

On what basis do you claim she should look past her thirties? Because, if we go by logic, she should look like dry bones by now...

Elves are a fictional race, therefore, it's up to the author to state how young/old they should appear when they reach a certain age. There are stories where Elves live only hundreds of years, only a thousand, some 10 thousand, certain other they last billions of years, etc. Really, it all boils down to how the author will develop the story's lore from now on.

By the way, that Elf from chapter 4(manga) looked quite mature, and judging by how easily her party got taken down, she's probably not as old as Elf Archer Girl. In other words, Elf Archer could simply be the petite type of woman. We have those type of women in our society too, so there's not really much to complain there.

No, I'm not into lolis nor teenager girls, but this is how the author chose to portray his Elves. Therefore, who are we to try to dictate how old she should look instead?
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 23:54   Link #229
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Eh, you people must have a lot of 2000 yo friends in RL to be stating those things as if they were supposed to be facts.

On what basis do you claim she should look past her thirties? Because, if we go by logic, she should look like dry bones by now...

Elves are a fictional race, therefore, it's up to the author to state how young/old they should appear when they reach a certain age. There are stories where Elves live only hundreds of years, only a thousand, some 10 thousand, certain other they last billions of years, etc. Really, it all boils down to how the author will develop the story's lore from now on.

By the way, that Elf from chapter 4(manga) looked quite mature, and judging by how easily her party got taken down, she's probably not as old as Elf Archer Girl. In other words, Elf Archer could simply be the petite type of woman. We have those type of women in our society too, so there's not really much to complain there.

No, I'm not into lolis nor teenager girls, but this is how the author chose to portray his Elves. Therefore, who are we to try to dictate how old she should look instead?
just because they fall more easy don't means she is more "young" could means which they where just less experienced and experience don't have much to do with age, is more like how peoples keep fighting and exploring and going to adventures,

about logic is more like about "how most of the fantasy display elfs, they don't make then looks like ageless 14 years old girls or things like that, elves are portraited to age at a "slow rate" which means a kid 8 years old look elven can have the same real age as a elder human like 80 years and be a kid, cuz that is they nature, but they eventually age in a very, very slow rate.

then unless elvens live like 10k more years or something like that can make sense she still looking like a teen and the other girl look more old.

if i'm not wrong this serie like many others fantasy novel take as base most of the commons logics used in fantasy games like how much old a elf or dwarf can get and things like that.

but if you want a more robust logic you can use D&D rules or LOtR which are the most used sources for fantasy and characters like elvens and dwarfs.
Old 2016-10-03, 00:38   Link #230
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
just because they fall more easy don't means she is more "young" could means which they where just less experienced and experience don't have much to do with age, is more like how peoples keep fighting and exploring and going to adventures,

about logic is more like about "how most of the fantasy display elfs, they don't make then looks like ageless 14 years old girls or things like that, elves are portraited to age at a "slow rate" which means a kid 8 years old look elven can have the same real age as a elder human like 80 years and be a kid, cuz that is they nature, but they eventually age in a very, very slow rate.

then unless elvens live like 10k more years or something like that can make sense she still looking like a teen and the other girl look more old.

if i'm not wrong this serie like many others fantasy novel take as base most of the commons logics used in fantasy games like how much old a elf or dwarf can get and things like that.

but if you want a more robust logic you can use D&D rules or LOtR which are the most used sources for fantasy and characters like elvens and dwarfs.
Yes, I know that age doesn't equal experience, but there's a limit to how much that can be true. It doesn't make sense for an Elf more than 2000 years old to be that naive, clueless and weak.

Like I said previously, there's no such a thing as an absolute standard for Elves in stories. In some stories, they live only several hundred years while in other they live billions(literally). Besides, the Elf Archer doesn't look 14 yo, I would say she ranges from 16-18 in appearance, but with small boobs though. She looks more childish in the Manga.

The fact that Elf Archer looks that young despite being so old, just serves to prove that their race's lifespan in this story probably can go past 10000 years. That or, like I previously said, she's an anomaly among the elves. We have yet to properly see the elven society in this story to get a proper judgement on things as of yet.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 09:57   Link #231
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

What I was going to say. She looks at least 16-17 to me, not 14. LOL
also, if anything, not everyone is a kid. Like, yeah, the first few noob Porcelains (Priestess' first group & the ones in Ch.4), but then "Cow Girl", the receptionist girl and others look to be at least in their 20's.
Old 2016-10-26, 09:08   Link #232
kaikalaila

Or maybe Elves' count age differently?

Also new manga is out somewhere, don't ask.

Spoiler for Manga CH.6:
Old 2016-10-26, 23:38   Link #233
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

And here i was thinking that the author should just recruit Asanagi as the illustrator for making it more mind break lel :P

btw, still no update eh?

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-27, 02:44   Link #234
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikalaila View Post
Or maybe Elves' count age differently?

Also new manga is out somewhere, don't ask.

Spoiler for Manga CH.6:
Is it me or that elf prisoner is the same one from the girl party that got wiped out in ch4? Because they only showed the sword, archer and cleric? girl killed.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-27, 07:30   Link #235
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Is it me or that elf prisoner is the same one from the girl party that got wiped out in ch4? Because they only showed the sword, archer and cleric? girl killed.
Nah. The all female steel team got wiped. There are spoilers to their fate a couple of page back.

Also, "You get used to it". Such despair.
Old 2016-10-27, 09:03   Link #236
kaikalaila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
One was eaten off-screen.

Also, GS eating through the helmet again! How does he do it?!
Old 2016-10-27, 18:17   Link #237
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
One was eaten off-screen.

Play Dark Souls, and you'll know how... even on helmets that the only opening is 2 small dots for the eyes.

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-27, 19:35   Link #238
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
With well practiced movements.
Old 2016-10-27, 20:05   Link #239
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

He is just yoobfast for the eye.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-28, 00:25   Link #240
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

I'm still oolging.

Tags