Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-11-17, 07:40   Link #221
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Defade : you first link is for manga or LN too ?
I don't now LN give one chapter by month or like that too ...
But good pictures with full of Ferris X Luke.

Larethian : You spoke about the second link of Defade ? Like i don't understand what that say ... ^^'
(How he can kill Ferris ? Oo)
My first link was LN illustrations...with some anime screenshots mixed in.

Basically, Kiefer admits that Ferris is prettier than her, but checks up on Ferris' fashion sense in hopes that she can win in that area...her conclusion? "A beauty looks good in anything! How unfair!!"

As I said, the Ferris mentioned in that small snippet isn't Ferris Eris, but a metaphor for some (female?) figure in the legends, just like how "Ryner" and "Sion" are metaphors for Ryner Eris Reed and Asruld Roland, respectively. We don't know why Ryner Eris Reed killed "Ferris" though.

@larethian

I was thinking of translating the last part of daiyuuden vol6, starting from when Ryner meets Ryner Reed and going all the way to the chapter's end(294~347), would that be okay with you? I hear Used Can is also doing some segments from vol6, will I be stepping on his toes?

Last edited by Defade; 2010-11-17 at 09:02.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 12:38   Link #222
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Defade : you first link is for manga or LN too ?
I don't now LN give one chapter by month or like that too ...
But good pictures with full of Ferris X Luke.

Larethian : You spoke about the second link of Defade ? Like i don't understand what that say ... ^^'
(How he can kill Ferris ? Oo)
I was referring to the first link, where one of the posted images (page 3 or 4) has Ferris in a multitude of cosplays. It was a nice illust and I lol at Kiefer's conclusion as what Defade pointed out. All those came from Dragon Mag, of which I have a few copies that I initially bought for reading seitokai no ichizon and CSR, and at the time I bought it, I haven't started reading DYD yet, though I've not been buying it recently; it's an on-off thing for me. Dragon Magazine (different from Dragon Age though under the same company) is a light novel serialization bi-monthly magazine. Those illustrations do not seem to be in the final tankobon (or rather bunkobon to be more accurate).

@Defade
Your help is most welcome! Used Can hasn't told me the exact pages he is working on yet. Why not verify with Used Can on what he's already done and work out how you guys want to split the remaining work? Though it's not necessary, I encourage you guys to create an account at Baka-Tsuki wiki page and register the sections you want to work on at the registration page yourself. That's the best way to prevent duplicate effort. Though I could do this for you if you really don't want to, and I'll just credit you for your work. As what the policy at B-T says, registering is not a binding contract and there is no real time limit.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 20:45   Link #223
jbowman0

just wondering in OP 2 of the anime at the very beginning of the sequence. is that the lonely demon that goes crazy and if it is him why is he in the op? and will we see of interaction between him and ryner (inside ryner)?
jbowman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 21:00   Link #224
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowman0 View Post
just wondering in OP 2 of the anime at the very beginning of the sequence. is that the lonely demon that goes crazy and if it is him why is he in the op? and will we see of interaction between him and ryner (inside ryner)?
I think it's Ryner. I can see clearly his blue-green robe.

Last edited by Zaresh; 2010-11-17 at 21:21. Reason: Forgot quoting
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 03:39   Link #225
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Alright, I got an account at baka-tsuki. I guess I'll sort it out with Used Can.

Quote:
It's Ryner. The person at the beginning of op1(2nd stained glass picture) is Ryner Eris Reed, or at the very least, Ryner Reed. Ryner doesn't meet the demon in Denyuuden IIRC, because RR was asleep the whole time. The first time he meets RR is in daiyuuden vol.6, the portion that I'm planning to translate if possible.
Old 2010-11-18, 12:42   Link #226
jbowman0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
Alright, I got an account at baka-tsuki. I guess I'll sort it out with Used Can.

It's Ryner. The person at the beginning of op1(2nd stained glass picture) is Ryner Eris Reed, or at the very least, Ryner Reed. Ryner doesn't meet the demon in Denyuuden IIRC, because RR was asleep the whole time. The first time he meets RR is in daiyuuden vol.6, the portion that I'm planning to translate if possible.
i remember you saying he doesnt go berserk again or does he? or was that just added to the op for touch and wont happen in the last few episodes? going back to episode 1 the guy in with the sword fighting the guy with a tear drop on his cheek. who is the one with the sword? the mad hero? and any elaboration on that side of story would be awesome
Old 2010-11-18, 19:41   Link #227
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
i remember you saying he doesnt go berserk again or does he? or was that just added to the op for touch and wont happen in the last few episodes? going back to episode 1 the guy in with the sword fighting the guy with a tear drop on his cheek. who is the one with the sword? the mad hero? and any elaboration on that side of story would be awesome
It's probably just an artistic touch (and a damned awesome one at that). The mad hero is the guy with the sword. I'm not sure who the third stained glass panel refers to, though....

I'm guessing that the first scene in ep 1 depicted their meeting?(and love at first sig- *shot*) Anyways, more stuff about the legends should be coming soon in the anime.
Old 2010-11-18, 21:09   Link #228
Sparkwings

Quote:
The mad hero is the guy with the sword. I'm not sure who the third stained glass panel refers to, though....
Mad hero is the guy with huge black sword, but why sion use dual black swords at sequel later ?? even sion can summon many of them and these swords are different each other ( judging from ep 1. epicness, from glouvil sword, and vol 4 daiden picts ), looks like the legend is....

Spoiler for forpict:

Last edited by Sparkwings; 2010-11-18 at 21:22.
Sparkwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 22:09   Link #229
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I do think there should be a sequal to the Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu anime since the light novel since there is so much to explore.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 22:57   Link #230
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I do think there should be a sequal to the Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu anime since the light novel since there is so much to explore.
actually, I want them to animate some of the side stories first; reading them right now, and it does provide some good background story.
Old 2010-11-19, 00:55   Link #231
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
actually, I want them to animate some of the side stories first; reading them right now, and it does provide some good background story.
That's true. Practically every bit of Ryner's background information comes from the short stories.

The anime staff, being the denyuuden loving people they are, were thinking of doing toriden before daiyuuden, but that...pretty much went down the drain, judging by the ridiculously low viewer ratings.

Seriously, is Japan being taken over by moe shows?
Old 2010-11-19, 01:41   Link #232
jbowman0

Quote:
That's true. Practically every bit of Ryner's background information comes from the short stories.

The anime staff, being the denyuuden loving people they are, were thinking of doing toriden before daiyuuden, but that...pretty much went down the drain, judging by the ridiculously low viewer ratings.

Seriously, is Japan being taken over by moe shows?
is the anime doing that bad over there? man ... be a shame if nothing else got animated from the densetsu world
Old 2010-11-19, 02:23   Link #233
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
is the anime doing that bad over there? man ... be a shame if nothing else got animated from the densetsu world
Well, it opened with a 0.2% viewer rating...I mean it's getting better, but it's nothing close to what it SHOULD be. Certain other shows on the other hand...*cough**cough* They shall remain unnamed.
Old 2010-11-19, 02:28   Link #234
larethian

this season, or maybe it's this year? has been flooded with moe and more hardcore otaku shows, plus VN adaptations... imho. though I do watch some of those occassionally.
Old 2010-11-19, 04:25   Link #235
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

I get the same feeling too.>_> I don't recall having ever subjected myself to a show where moe was the one and only selling point, but I did watch some VN adaptations.

Around 20 pages done for the translation. How did you deal with terms that have alternate readings(i.e. rule fragment, Ryner Eris Reed)? I'd like to follow your format for consistency.
Old 2010-11-19, 10:58   Link #236
Anastasia

Smile

Hi, I'm a new member. My nick name is Anastasia. Nice to meet you all. I'm also very interested with Den Yu Den. And I have a question (if you don't mind).

How Riura find about Lyner ? Did he already know about it but keeping quiet ? or He just know recently ? What's Lyner reaction when his father tell him about his true identity ? Thanks for the answer

(sorry my grammar sucks, english is not my native)
Anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 11:27   Link #237
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

I'm giving the mad hero a run for his money in terms of madness. Finished translating the climax of vol.6, hope over to baka-tsuki and read it. Went through like 10 edits since I dunno wiki magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
Hi, I'm a new member. My nick name is Anastasia. Nice to meet you all. I'm also very interested with Den Yu Den. And I have a question (if you don't mind).

How Riura find about Lyner ? Did he already know about it but keeping quiet ? or He just know recently ? What's Lyner reaction when his father tell him about his true identity ? Thanks for the answer

(sorry my grammar sucks, english is not my native)
Lura orchestrated the entire thing, so he's probably one of the most knowledgeable beings in denyuuden right now.

When Ryner met him properly(not counting the time Lura showed up to shove a knife up Ryner's chest), he already knew about his identity as the solver of all equations and has come to accept it, so their interaction was more like-

Lura: Come to daddy, Ryner. ^_^
Ryner: Go kill yourself. -_-#

Lura: Oh Ryner, you called me dad!! //^_^//
Ryner: Ugh...
Old 2010-11-19, 12:47   Link #238
larethian

Quote:
I get the same feeling too.>_> I don't recall having ever subjected myself to a show where moe was the one and only selling point, but I did watch some VN adaptations.

Around 20 pages done for the translation. How did you deal with terms that have alternate readings(i.e. rule fragment, Ryner Eris Reed)? I'd like to follow your format for consistency.
Heh you are fast! . Initially I didn't bother too much since I was the only translator. I'm creating a page for project specific formatting and style, which can be found under Translation section in the main page. It's still in the works and I'll try to get it done over the weekend. For people's names, I tried to follow the anime, so that anime-watchers can relate immediately without needing to go over another document to decipher the names. For first time names like Reed, we'll just use whoever's first version, and add it to the page I'm doing unless there are severe objections when there are more translators . Everything is open for discussion. However I feel Fragme should be kept as Fragme and not follow the anime. It sounds more correct to me and since there's an official katakana for "fragment" and is フラグメント (and I think Kagami truncated Fragment intentionally; just my opinion though). For now, if possible, can you mark your pages the way I explained it on Project Specific Guideline page? It makes cross-referencing by pages easier later when an editor needs clarification on a segment.
Old 2010-11-19, 15:21   Link #239
Shiki Nanaya

Question about characters in ToriaezuDenYuuDen (side stories)

Quote:
I'm giving the mad hero a run for his money in terms of madness. Finished translating the climax of vol.6, hope over to baka-tsuki and read it. Went through like 10 edits since I dunno wiki magic.

Lura orchestrated the entire thing, so he's probably one of the most knowledgeable beings in denyuuden right now.

When Ryner met him properly(not counting the time Lura showed up to shove a knife up Ryner's chest), he already knew about his identity as the solver of all equations and has come to accept it, so their interaction was more like-

Lura: Come to daddy, Ryner. ^_^
Ryner: Go kill yourself. -_-#

Lura: Oh Ryner, you called me dad!! //^_^//
Ryner: Ugh...
Would you mind to tell me why Lura did that? Will it be answered in Denyuuden? Is this the reason why Ferris thought that Ryner was dead and went berserk attacking an opponent (which im guessing is Lura) far superior than her?

I also have a question about ToriaezuDenYuuDen if any of you guys read the side stories, since I cant read it and I am just looking at the novel illustrations and wow am I confused . I mean there are sooo many new characters and it seems like the timeline itself is all over the place. I wont bother asking about the stories themselves since I know they are too much. I am more interested in these four new girls that was not introduced in denyuuden (or perhaps even dai denyuuden).

What I would like to know is these four girls (who are perhaps part of Ryner's harem?) among them I believe is Ryner's ex lover. I've attached images since after all, a picture says a thousand words lol . So Im just asking for a general idea, like who they are and what their relation to Ryner is?

First two pics is about this new girl in a miko outfit who seems to be always fighting with Ferris and Milk perhaps because of Ryner? Since Ryner seems to be the reason why they are fighting:

Spoiler for miko girl:

Who is this girl? She seems like a silent (yuki type from Haruhi) but at another pic she seems lively enough talking to Ryner:
Spoiler for Mystery girl1:

What about this girl?
Spoiler for Mystery Girl 2:

Is this Ryner when he was young and is this girl his former lover?
Spoiler for Ryner's former lover???:

Thanks in advance if you can answer my questions and satisfy my curiosity.

On a side note, I just read the posts above and I am shocked that this amazing series that sold millions of novels turned out to only have such few % of tv ratings. Perhaps it was the tv station or timeslot it was on? If not then I guess the japanese people's taste in anime change tremendously to a good amazing anime with story to an anime with no story/plot or direction going and just for eyecandy moeblobs shows (I dare not mention, I cant even stand watching these shows cuz they are just plain BORING).
Shiki Nanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 15:26   Link #240
jbowman0

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Heh you are fast! . Initially I didn't bother too much since I was the only translator. I'm creating a page for project specific formatting and style, which can be found under Translation section in the main page. It's still in the works and I'll try to get it done over the weekend. For people's names, I tried to follow the anime, so that anime-watchers can relate immediately without needing to go over another document to decipher the names. For first time names like Reed, we'll just use whoever's first version, and add it to the page I'm doing unless there are severe objections when there are more translators . Everything is open for discussion. However I feel Fragme should be kept as Fragme and not follow the anime. It sounds more correct to me and since there's an official katakana for "fragment" and is フラグメント (and I think Kagami truncated Fragment intentionally; just my opinion though). For now, if possible, can you mark your pages the way I explained it on Project Specific Guideline page? It makes cross-referencing by pages easier later when an editor needs clarification on a segment.

thank you so much for the translation of 6 so far.

quick question.

Spoiler:

Tags
fantasy, shounen