AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2006-09-10, 16:01   Link #221
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
In EoDbD, there is a sarcastic remark about Gauron not being a true part of Amalgam since his codename was about a certain metal that could never mix (chemically) with silver. Can't recall which matter exactly.
Mister Iron and the remark is on "a Dancing Very Merry Christmas".

I think that the leader of Amalgam is Mister Gold, not Mr. Silver (Leonard).

An amalgam is any alloy of mercury. Gold and Silver are the metal who amalgamate the best with Mercury.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 04:23   Link #222
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg
Mister Iron and the remark is on "a Dancing Very Merry Christmas".

I think that the leader of Amalgam is Mister Gold, not Mr. Silver (Leonard).

An amalgam is any alloy of mercury. Gold and Silver are the metal who amalgamate the best with Mercury.
correct...also, Iron and Mithril DO NOT amalgamize with Mercury
Killa_hurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 12:05   Link #223
Reil

Quote:
Yeah - they're using code names related to alchemy/chemistry and amalgams - namely, alloys of a certain matter and silver (Mr. Silver being the head of the organization, namely Leonard Testarossa). If you see someone referred to as, Mr. (insert metal name), then it's a sure fire it's an Amalgam leader.
You're correct, except it's not silver they mix with, but quicksilver (otherwise known as Mercury) Mercury is a liquid at room temperature and if you put some on some metals it will seep into the metal itself and form a new substance called an "Amalgam". This is where the name comes from. Also this is also why Gauron (sp?), "Mr. Iron," was never really a part of amalgam since Iron cannot mix with mercury. There are no Iron Amalgams so he was never a true part of the organization, which is why he went rogue in TSR.

Mithril is a fictional metal who's properties are unknown. Because it is also called "truesilver" it is assumed it could possibly mix with mercury and become an amalgam, perhaps why Amalgam left them alone for so long.

The mythical nature of the metal "Mithril" could also be seen as imagery that such an organization with such power, such autonomy, and such nobility is an illusion. The word itself is remeniscent of the word "myth", much like the word "Utopia" literally means "no such place" or "no place".

The similarity in the names could also merely be due to both organizations using whispered technology.

Whether or not any of these particular interpretations were the ones intended by the author, it does seem clear that there is an underlying connection between Mithril and Amalgam.

P.S. While Leonard (Mr. Silver) is refered to as a "Rising Force" in amalgam, he is never refered to as the leader. I do think he is using Amalgam for his own ends, but he is not in charge of it, simply one of the primary forces within it.

Edit: Sorry, I seem to have recovered ground others had already taken care of. My apologies.
Reil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 19:50   Link #224
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Thanks, Reil, everybody, for such provoking and fulfilling thoughts! As a Jr. Otaku, I appreciate the education!!!! (just wanted to say that)

I still am holding out on Kalinin on playing Amalgam for the sake of Tessa. he just seems that sort of guy. There's no better double agent FOR Mithril.

As for the similarity of the names, well, I am certain that the author means something by it...and wants to lead us around until we're dizzy with theories!! yee haaw
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 11:03   Link #225
jimbo98765

Waaahh, i need an update now. when's the next chapter coming out, chidori??
This better be the last novel coz this little universe is taking too long to end.
jimbo98765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 12:12   Link #226
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo98765
Waaahh, i need an update now. when's the next chapter coming out, chidori??
The next chapter should be published in the beginning of october.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo98765
This better be the last novel coz this little universe is taking too long to end.
At the end of DVMC the autor has said that there are 3 to 4 novel to finish the story. So I think that after "Tsudou Make My Day" (the third novel after DVMC) there will be a final novel and the story will be finished.
Old 2006-09-17, 15:11   Link #227
T.V.

Sooo...
Based on the previous anime productions of FMP, into how many seasons or how many episodes would those books translate to?
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 15:43   Link #228
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.V.
Sooo...
Based on the previous anime productions of FMP, into how many seasons or how many episodes would those books translate to?
What we know :

Tatakau Boy Meets Girl -> 7ep
Hashiru One Night Stand -> 4ep
Yureru Into The Blue -> 6ep
Owaru Day By Day (upper and lower volume) -> 9ep

My prediction :

Odoru Very Merry Christmas -> 4/5ep
Tsuduku On My Own -> 6/7ep
Moeru One Man Force -> 5/6ep
Old 2006-09-17, 17:02   Link #229
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Not for English:
A Dancing Very Merry Christmas has 5 episodes, episode 3 and 5 being shorter than the others
Continuing on my own also has 5 episodes, episode 5 being shorter
Burning One Man Force has 5 episodes

Cheers.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 02:09   Link #230
lunarmaiden10

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I joined this forum because i really love FMP.
Anyways, I have some thoughts about a possible 4th season of FMP and its episodes.
Since the author stated that there will probably be around 3-4 more action novels after DVMC, most probably Kyoto Animation (or any animation studio that will work for FMP) will have to wait for the whole story to finish before they animate it. The thing is, the FMP story is currently on its climax. I don't think they will only work upto COMO or BOMF because that will surely be a big cliffhanger. Perhaps they will make another 26-episode series to accomodate the whole story including the ending. I'm also hoping that the novel after Tsudou and Make my Day will not be the last novel unless the author will wrap things up pretty quickly. But i believe he won't do that... ^_^v
lunarmaiden10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 04:56   Link #231
shiznet

thoughts

since you guys were discussing the novel stuff, i just wanted to air out a couple thoughts

mainly that at the end i think itll be kinda hard for chidori or sousuke to enter back into normal society

you only see it for a bit in the novel translation of COMO but at the end its Chidori who has the smarts to see that nothing Sousuke can do will help and she lashes out at how stupid the people around her are. Because she's a whispered, she has intelligence far superior to most people and eventually its starting to get to her. Im sure part of it was the situation, the desperation, and everything but in reality Chidori must be having a hard time coping socially with people when she cant talk to them about matters beyond their comprehension. (flowers for algernon anyone?)

yah just a thought on what happens after the dust settles
shiznet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 09:38   Link #232
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiznet
since you guys were discussing the novel stuff, i just wanted to air out a couple thoughts

mainly that at the end i think itll be kinda hard for chidori or sousuke to enter back into normal society

you only see it for a bit in the novel translation of COMO but at the end its Chidori who has the smarts to see that nothing Sousuke can do will help and she lashes out at how stupid the people around her are. Because she's a whispered, she has intelligence far superior to most people and eventually its starting to get to her. Im sure part of it was the situation, the desperation, and everything but in reality Chidori must be having a hard time coping socially with people when she cant talk to them about matters beyond their comprehension. (flowers for algernon anyone?)

yah just a thought on what happens after the dust settles
They won't be able to UNLESS Amalgam is totally destroyed in the end, and which it's impossible to do so at this stage.
Think about what they had directly/indirectly trashed in the process of the stories.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 19:52   Link #233
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
I think Chidori will realize that she cannot keep on living as she has, trying to grasp innocence, with slippery fingers, which has already faded away. I think she'll get mad, and start taking charge, like she did when she merged with the sub. She'll...do something nifty, and vow to take down Amalgam...help Sosuke...and then they can serve like Sosuke does, part-timer students and part time Mithril.

I hope, at least.
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 23:30   Link #234
datoysterman2

Send a message via AIM to datoysterman2
Quote:
Yeah - they're using code names related to alchemy/chemistry and amalgams - namely, alloys of a certain matter and silver (Mr. Silver being the head of the organization, namely Leonard Testarossa). If you see someone referred to as, Mr. (insert metal name), then it's a sure fire it's an Amalgam leader.

In EoDbD, there is a sarcastic remark about Gauron not being a true part of Amalgam since his codename was about a certain metal that could never mix (chemically) with silver. Can't recall which matter exactly.

Mithril's name sort of mirrors Amalgam's (or/and vice versa) since it's the name of a (fictional) metal introduced in Lord of the Rings and which is a harder, more valuable version of...silver.

i also have to disagree, due to the fact that leonard was speaching to what sounds to be a leader at the last episode on TSR 17:28 to be precise, but i think the reasons will reveal themselves if they decide to make another installment in the series.
datoysterman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 23:36   Link #235
datoysterman2

actually i have another theory, a plot twist that is quite common, what if the leader of amalgam is nonetheless the leader of mithril, since both seem to be some kind of alloy containing silver, that um.. minister mallory yea maybe hes just testing them or something o_O just a thought, haha
Old 2006-09-29, 03:30   Link #236
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

News time for MMD07!
But now I only had a handful of datas about it at fullmeta.com (and I can't read Japanese well), so I better sum up what may happen next:
Spoiler:

I can just sum up these major points, and I'll tell more if I got more news.
Sorry, no pics right now.
Old 2006-09-29, 08:12   Link #237
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker
News time for MMD07!
But now I only had a handful of datas about it at fullmeta.com (and I can't read Japanese well), so I better sum up what may happen next:
Spoiler:

I can just sum up these major points, and I'll tell more if I got more news.
Sorry, no pics right now.
neato........well in reguards to (1) I wonder if he knows where she is at.
Old 2006-09-29, 08:26   Link #238
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalgm
neato........well in reguards to (1) I wonder if he knows where she is at.
He knows or not, it's the same place. Get clues before that
Old 2006-09-29, 20:22   Link #239
datoysterman2

You know, i dont like to say it but, there might be a chance of no continuation of the series, as you know FMP and fumoffu didnt actually have a real ending like TSR
with the dramatic ending and all, you know what i mean?
Old 2006-09-30, 10:02   Link #240
masterwok

it could also be that Leonard could have join mithril and then broke off and formed amalgam or the other way round
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen