AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-11-20, 21:12   Link #221
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The reason Kana's career started going to shit is a combination of that advice and her mistakenly starting to think she wasn't a genius after meeting Aqua. Her mother only started getting neurotic when Kana stopped getting major roles.
She was already on a decline and starting to take jobs she normally wouldn't by the time she met either Akane or Aqua. The role she performed with Aqua back before the timeskip already was a minor role.
Therefore, it is highly likely that her mother was already starting to force herself onto industry members. It's probably not quite the point where her parents would divorce yet, but the decline had already begun at that point.

What you are talking about is how Kana learned to get jobs after her family was in shambles (also most likely why she moved out to live on her own) and her mother couldn't help her get jobs anymore.
But there was still a period before that where her mother was still getting her jobs but she was still on a decline.

Quote:
Kana was known as a genius child actress for her ability to cry, so it's plain wrong to say she wasn't acting.
I've give you that it's unfair to say she wasn't acting, but that's not what the director said at all. He said that Kana has been associated with crying, but what made her a household name when she was a child was the bright and cheerful performance like what is she doing now.

He even says it's been so long that she has done this kind of performance that he forgot. This is because she only gave that kind of performance when she was at her peak as a child. It's also what Akane admired her for, but by the time they met in person, Kana had already changed.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2021-11-20 at 21:51.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-20, 22:37   Link #222
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Do you think we will get a part where both girls wet themselves when Aqua shows his acting in the upcoming chapters?
Nah. They're professionals while Aqua is a mimic. They like him for everything but his acting.
Old 2021-11-21, 07:11   Link #223
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Nah. They're professionals while Aqua is a mimic. They like him for everything but his acting.
Well, hope that Aqua will change their perspective in this arc later.

Quote:
The reason Kana's career started going to shit is a combination of that advice and her mistakenly starting to think she wasn't a genius after meeting Aqua. Her mother only started getting neurotic when Kana stopped getting major roles.

Kana was known as a genius child actress for her ability to cry, so it's plain wrong to say she wasn't acting.
Well said. Kana was just unlucky that she didn't meet anyone competent enough (or care enough) to guide her until she met Aqua.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-04, 15:16   Link #224
Twi

Oshi no Ko updated. Aqua's trigger and his method of doing so has been revealed, along with another few things.
Old 2021-12-04, 19:22   Link #225
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought it was being reminded of Ai's death that triggered his panic attack, no the other way around. His situation is pretty fucked up.
Old 2021-12-04, 22:12   Link #226
Wandering Soul

Aqua seeing acting as a form of revenge makes sense since its essentially what he said about his acting in the initial chapters, but it does provide a nice contrast with Ruby and her reason for being an idol
Old 2021-12-10, 11:30   Link #227
Twi

Oshi no Ko updated to Chapter 65. Aqua is channeling the angst hard.
Old 2021-12-10, 19:38   Link #228
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wish Aka would hurry up and finish Kaguya so this series would go on fewer breaks. It's clearly tough for him to handle two series at the same time, even if he's not doing the art for this one.
Old 2021-12-23, 05:58   Link #229
Sixth
Hu Tao

Both Akane and Kana really underestimate themselves way too much. Both of them are talented in their own way.

As usual, while everyone was celebrating the success of the movie, Aqua is busy strengthening his mangekyou sharingan. Seriously, he should get therapy. So edgy that it even cut my soul when reading the last page.
Old 2021-12-23, 14:47   Link #230
Shadow5YA

I was wondering if Akane was intentionally channeling Ai again during Sayahime's revival scene since she did have the sparkle eyes.

I guess this was what they rehearsed beforehand with Taishi. I wonder if this is what Aqua actually intended from the beginning ever since he decided to date Akane "for business".
Old 2021-12-23, 15:37   Link #231
Twi

Ruby seemed a bit envious of the girls herself. I think she's going to want to get into spotlight because of this.
Old 2021-12-23, 18:51   Link #232
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Ruby seemed a bit envious of the girls herself. I think she's going to want to get into spotlight because of this.
I did hear that Aka stated in an interview that Ruby would be getting more focus going forward. I get this might the spark she needs to start really getting motivated.
Old 2021-12-23, 19:00   Link #233
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think it's a good thing Akane and Kana undersell themselves and always strive to do better as a result. I'd be more worried if they thought they were geniuses, they'd get conceited and arrogant, kinda like how Kana used to be.

Why did Aqua collect DNA from all those people? Does he suspect one of them to be related to his father?
Old 2021-12-23, 19:18   Link #234
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Why did Aqua collect DNA from all those people? Does he suspect one of them to be related to his father?
No, but he doesn't have to.

He's looking for any leads. Does he think any of them are people related to his father? Probably not, but he has nothing to lose if it's a negative result and everything to gain if the results are positive.
Old 2021-12-24, 01:01   Link #235
Lex79

I was never able to fully understand what this series is about from the description. Reincarnation? Gender bending?
Old 2021-12-24, 01:37   Link #236
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I was never able to fully understand what this series is about from the description. Reincarnation? Gender bending?
It is about an old man who reincarnates into a teenager who got himself involved in the acting industry for his personal life mission.
Old 2021-12-24, 01:56   Link #237
Lex79

Thanks! Maybe I'll try reading the first chapters to see if this is the kind of story I may like.
Old 2021-12-24, 03:19   Link #238
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Thanks! Maybe I'll try reading the first chapters to see if this is the kind of story I may like.
I think the series is picking up at chapter 15+ though, at least for me.

It is an acting manga with a little bit supernatural aka reincarnation.
Old 2021-12-24, 08:21   Link #239
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
It is about an old man who reincarnates into a teenager who got himself involved in the acting industry for his personal life mission.
Reincarnated into a teenager is inaccurate. He's currently a teenager but he started from scratch as a baby.
Old 2021-12-24, 09:02   Link #240
Twi

Quote:
Start at Chapter 9 to see if the hook catches you, then read from the beginning if it has an impact to see how it got that way.

Tags
celebrities, entertainment world, reincarnation, revenge, tragedy