Notices

Old 2010-04-25, 16:47   Link #2361
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post

Is this what you mean? If so, I always thought it was just some kind of cat toy, something he intended to use in his never-ending quest to befriend Arthur.
Yes! That's the thing but now that I see it, it's not a plant at all

I guess I got confused with a similar looking item I saw during the country....oh well.

I'm guessing there's no name for it but thank you xD

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 16:53   Link #2362
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
Yes! That's the thing but now that I see it, it's not a plant at all

I guess I got confused with a similar looking item I saw during the country....oh well.

I'm guessing there's no name for it but thank you xD
No problem!

Now that you mention it though, I think there actually is a plant that looks vaguely like that. I have no idea what it's called though.
Old 2010-04-25, 17:32   Link #2363
Betteroffer

Could be this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattail
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 18:41   Link #2364
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Some guys tell me that Lulu will be alive in the next series. They were kidding, right?
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 18:43   Link #2365
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If its a side-story that runs parallel to the first two seasons of Code Geass, then yes, Lelouch will be alive. And then he'll die anyway.
Old 2010-04-25, 18:46   Link #2366
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
But I heard the new series will take place 6 years AFTER the ending of R2, in Europe, with a different cast.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 18:59   Link #2367
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And last I checked, it was set around the same time as the first season, so I doubt it.
Old 2010-04-25, 19:10   Link #2368
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
But I heard the new series will take place 6 years AFTER the ending of R2, in Europe, with a different cast.
No, it's a.t.b. 2017 according to different independent translations of the announcement. The "7 years after the beginning of the series" was written by someone on LJ who was simply writing about the announcement, it was not a translation of the announcement. That person probably thinks of a.t.b. 2010 as the beginning of the series, which is not incorrect since the beginning of the first episode shows us how Suzaku and Lelouch are playing outside (August 10, a.t.b. 2010) as the Britannian invasion is initiated.

Last edited by Meatrose; 2010-04-25 at 19:24.
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 19:20   Link #2369
Xander

To quote ANN:

Quote:
The new side story is set in a.t.b.2017. A Knightmare unit made of boys and girls from Zone Eleven are thrown into a military operation with a 5% chance of survival. They must rescue an allied unit left behind on the European warfront.
They're saying a.t.b. 2017 and that's when season one took place. The new project will be set during the first season so, in other words, the events of R2 have no relevance at this time since none of them have happened yet.

This means Lelouch will definitely be alive, but since the action takes place on a different continent and he's not even the protagonist anymore (that would be "Akito" by the looks of things ), I wouldn't expect to see him as an actual character as opposed to a background element (for example, they might televise one of his old speeches or some of the Japanese cast members might be fans of Zero and the Black Knights).
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 19:43   Link #2370
GundamFan0083

I agree Xander, if Lelouch is in it then he will only appear in a cameo.
I imagine it will be like Gundam 0080, where we hear about the events of Amuro and Gundam unit One, but we never really see Amuro or Char in the actual OVA.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 00:58   Link #2371
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Lelouch was confirmed to be dead by the cast many times, Xander and Meat already answered.
Just here to keep a troll line in place before this turns into another discussion fest
So next question
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 21:11   Link #2372
Betteroffer

Someone mentioned that in the Lost Colors game it was stated or implied that Rai received his Geass from V.V. Is this true, and if so is it implied through the dialogue or are there any images? Further, exactly how far in the past was this prior to the current story (2017 atb)?

As well, if the above is the case then what level of tie-in does Lost Colors have with the actual anime? I know it isn't canon in the strictest sense, but did the creators have enough of a say in it that -again assuming the above is true- this could be taken as signs that originally, V.V. was planned to be older than Charles?
Old 2010-04-26, 21:27   Link #2373
Betteroffer

You mean flashbacks to before Rai put himself to sleep? About how far back did Rai originally live?
Old 2010-04-26, 23:37   Link #2374
Betteroffer

Is there any direct mention of either dates or timesframes (centuries, etc), or implications about the technology being used? I ask because a "long time" could still just be a few decades, and V.V. is over 60 in R2 anyway, thus it could all theoretically happen around the time of the Emblem of Blood, with the invaders' attack causing the rift that starts the EB, or the EB makes Britannia look vulnerable enough to stage an attack on.

I suppose C.C. of all people saying Rai was alive for "a very long time" would indeed heavily imply that his age can be measured in centuries, but I need to make sure.
Old 2010-04-27, 03:49   Link #2375
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I thought it was around the Emblem of Blood event as well, though that has been disclaimed by a flashback.

Spoiler for flashback:

C.C. denoting how old Rai may or may not have bearing on how old Rai is.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 23:28   Link #2376
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I thought it was around the Emblem of Blood event as well, though that has been disclaimed by a flashback.
How so? Was something stated, or do you mean it was implied by the image of spears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I do believe Britannia stopped using spears quite awhile ago.
The royal guards used them to keep Lelouch from approaching Charles' throne in the first season, and they rushed him with similar spears in Turn 21 when he took the throne.
Old 2010-04-28, 20:57   Link #2377
Betteroffer

Well thanks for your help and please tell me if anything else comes up in your work. If V.V. was indeed originally planned to be older than Charles, then this gives merit to some fun theories about just who he could be.
Old 2010-04-30, 00:00   Link #2378
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Will be monitoring Q & A thread. As stated in the opening post and I quote, "the purpose of this thread is to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime or manga." If you just want to be silly, this thread is the wrong place to be. If you also want to be banned, just let me know, and I'll be more than happy to oblige you.

Onward with the topic of Q & A!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 12:37   Link #2379
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Pretty sure besides a different covering and probably a few new posters, the two editions are pretty much alike.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 05:24   Link #2380
Yamiro
Lux ex Silesia

Send a message via MSN to Yamiro
The Special Edition " includes a UMD video, Special Edition Black Rebellion, a re-edited line up of the twenty five anime episodes from the first series". You can find some info about the Refrain discs here:

http://xcomp.wordpress.com/2008/01/1...refrain-discs/

Hope it will help you a little
Yamiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a