AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-08-18, 08:49   Link #2341
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Sirzechs never "saved" him. He just pretended he didn't know he was there (if he knew Vali was there), he didn't actually do anything. Besides, Diehauser already accepted his situation, he will be punished.
his ass will be spanked.. no, i agree with bio

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 08:52   Link #2342
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCholesterol View Post
his ass will be spanked.. no, i agree with bio
OMG Could you imagine the look of horror the others would have seeing that. Especially if it was Ise's Mom doing it. I think even Ddraig would have to comment on that.
Old 2015-08-18, 08:54   Link #2343
Chichiryuushintei

I never said death. I think he'll go to prison or whatever Devils have.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 09:04   Link #2344
Biohazardous

Quote:
I never said death. I think he'll go to prison or whatever Devils have.
Im sure they have some form of it. I wonder what they will do with him.
Old 2015-08-18, 09:17   Link #2345
Direwolf18

I think it would be an interesting turn if diehauser is assinayed by the old Devils before the dirty laundry comes out. The whole system of the rating game is going to be called in to doubt.

I could see a lot of conflict arising from that for team Ise.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 09:37   Link #2346
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
I think it would be an interesting turn if diehauser is assinayed by the old Devils before the dirty laundry comes out. The whole system of the rating game is going to be called in to doubt.

I could see a lot of conflict arising from that for team Ise.
It already is out. What do you think that livestream in v20 was? That was broadcasted throughout the entire Underworld.
Old 2015-08-18, 10:37   Link #2347
Direwolf18

Quote:
It already is out. What do you think that livestream in v20 was? That was broadcasted throughout the entire Underworld.

It's called damage control. I could totally see them saying the following:

"That? That was just more treasonous lies being spouted by the arch traitor Belial. Of course there is no cheating going on in the rating game. The man was a traitor and a liar, how could anyone believe a word he says. This entire concept of King prices is a complete fabrication to destabilize the underworld as part of Rizevims master plan. Have no fear however he is dead and gone now, and the rot that be represented has been dealt with. All is well. "

With Belial dead and gone before he can truly expose everything, as in names, dates, places, and all kinds of proof he can supply it becomes simply the word of a dead man, and a traitor at that vs the powers to be. I mean sure the Maous will know the truth but what will they be able to do about it if the old Devils decide to align themselves against it. Act through Ise that is what.
Old 2015-08-18, 10:59   Link #2348
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:

"That? That was just more treasonous lies being spouted by the arch traitor Belial. Of course there is no cheating going on in the rating game. The man was a traitor and a liar, how could anyone believe a word he says. This entire concept of King prices is a complete fabrication to destabilize the underworld as part of Rizevims master plan. Have no fear however he is dead and gone now, and the rot that be represented has been dealt with. All is well. "

With Belial dead and gone before he can truly expose everything, as in names, dates, places, and all kinds of proof he can supply it becomes simply the word of a dead man, and a traitor at that vs the powers to be. I mean sure the Maous will know the truth but what will they be able to do about it if the old Devils decide to align themselves against it. Act through Ise that is what.
Yeah, I'm sure the Underworld's population isn't retarded to that extent. If it was really just a lie they wouldn't have killed him since Devils aren't lawless barbarians. It'd be obvious it was just an attempt of the snake people Old Devils to try and cover up the truth.

Ise is popular with children and only 17 year old, even to the younger Devils who are just a few centuries old he's just a runt. And there's the fact he's only been a Devil for 9 months. His word isn't worth shit now.
Old 2015-08-18, 11:04   Link #2349
Direwolf18

It's propaganda 101. Destroy your dissenters credibility. Politicians use it all the time, the reason they do is it works. Well at that. Add it to the other proverb, dead men tell no tales. You can see all sorts of examples of this especially in revolutionary environments were someone or a group of someone's falls out of favor. The purge gets explained away.

In this case it is all the easier because Belial was working with Rizevim, no one here is arguing against that.

Couple things, Ise doesn't have proof outside of Belial. As you pointed out Ise is very young, in more ways then one of course he is easily misled, he is rather an... Exuberant soul. Besides most of his fans are children, and children of low class Devils at that. Peasants of no breeding. What do they matter, the very idea that anyone would even bother founding a school to train these powerless Devils is laughable.

But even then they could cast DxD itself into doubt. Who is one of the main figures in it? Sairog, the pupil of the traitor. Who knows how much he was influenced by him...

I'm not saying they would get away with it long term. Of course they can't this is ise's story. But I could totally see this conflict being the next story arc.
Old 2015-08-18, 11:45   Link #2350
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
It's propaganda 101. Destroy your dissenters credibility. Politicians use it all the time, the reason they do is it works. Well at that. Add it to the other proverb, dead men tell no tales. You can see all sorts of examples of this especially in revolutionary environments were someone or a group of someone's falls out of favor. The purge gets explained away.

In this case it is all the easier because Belial was working with Rizevim, no one here is arguing against that.

Couple things, Ise doesn't have proof outside of Belial. As you pointed out Ise is very young, in more ways then one of course he is easily misled, he is rather an... Exuberant soul. Besides most of his fans are children, and children of low class Devils at that. Peasants of no breeding. What do they matter, the very idea that anyone would even bother founding a school to train these powerless Devils is laughable.

But even then they could cast DxD itself into doubt. Who is one of the main figures in it? Sairog, the pupil of the traitor. Who knows how much he was influenced by him...

I'm not saying they would get away with it long term. Of course they can't this is ise's story. But I could totally see this conflict being the next story arc.
It'd impossible to simply convince everyone of that by that method. It'd be one thing if they simply arrest him and say it was a lie, if they kill him it'll be like coming out and saying all he said was true. He's already in the custody of D×D, he's not fighting anymore, there's simply no way to kill him in a believable situation without coming out as suspicious, even more because the Old Devils aren't leaders of any kind, they are just the upper-class, their word really doesn't mean shit to the low-mid-class.

That doesn't sound at all like an arc for D×D. This is a battle harem, not a revolution/political story. Even more because Ise being involved in all of that would make no fucking sense because he's not a politician, he's a fighter. He punches shit in the face, he doesn't unmasks conspiracies or any shit like that.
Old 2015-08-18, 11:51   Link #2351
B214

Quote:

No matter how much they try to cover, once it's expose it'll affect the people for sure. If they give out a random explanation like yours saying that it's a lie or something, it'll just cause more discord rather than solving problem. Remember Diehauser already showed the [King] Piece to the world, and there has been rumors about the [King] Piece even before Diehauser reveals it. And there has been talks about future Rating Games involving Brave Saints and Fallen Angels, if the Old Devils solves this poorly, they'll suffer big time.

So instead of covering and risk a riot, it'll be safer to expose it and push someone who has used the [King] Piece as scapegoat instead. Much safer than trying to talk their way out and fail.

Last edited by B214; 2015-08-18 at 12:15.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 12:04   Link #2352
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Either way, I just hope the Old Devils' influence and control in the Devils' Wolrd is forced to end soon. I think it has to, for the good of the Devils' World itself.

And yeah, like B214 has said, Direwolf, Diehauser already showed everyone the King Piece in the broadcast, meaning that the Old Devils can't call that a lie. The entire Devils' side of the Underworld already has visual proof that the King Piece truly exists.

Anyway, yeah, hopefully Diehauser's punishment will only be some Jail-time, if they have something like that in their Penal System.
Old 2015-08-18, 12:16   Link #2353
Biohazardous

Dragon don't forget Sirzechs himself thinks that it will be all replaced by a circle group. More likely the core of the group will be the 4 major young groups. They may have some of the other older high class families at their side. Phoenix household for example.
Old 2015-08-18, 12:29   Link #2354
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You're including the Gremory and Sitri Teams in that, yes? If so, then I'd indeed like that very much, so hopefully it happens.
Old 2015-08-18, 13:08   Link #2355
Biohazardous

Yes its them and Sairaorg. I don't remember the fourth.
Old 2015-08-18, 13:21   Link #2356
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, and I don't remember the fourth one, either. I guess it can't be Astaroth? For obvious reasons.
Old 2015-08-18, 14:07   Link #2357
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Well, if you're trying to remember the rookie 4, it's Gremory, Bael, Sitri, and Agares. Phenex might join with Riser or Ruval representing them. It could end up turning into a Council of Youngsters.
Old 2015-08-18, 14:43   Link #2358
Biohazardous

After Ise and Riser started getting along with them I've felt their household will assist also.
Old 2015-08-18, 15:47   Link #2359
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
No matter how much they try to cover, once it's expose it'll affect the people for sure. If they give out a random explanation like yours saying that it's a lie or something, it'll just cause more discord rather than solving problem. Remember Diehauser already showed the [King] Piece to the world, and there has been rumors about the [King] Piece even before Diehauser reveals it. And there has been talks about future Rating Games involving Brave Saints and Fallen Angels, if the Old Devils solves this poorly, they'll suffer big time.

So instead of covering and risk a riot, it'll be safer to expose it and push someone who has used the [King] Piece as scapegoat instead. Much safer than trying to talk their way out and fail.
It's not about solving a problem, the situation is working quite well for them. It is about maintaining the status quo. These are people/devils/whatever who have MURDERED to keep their secrets safe. What makes you think they aren't perfectly willing to use Belial as a cut out. They already murdered his cousin, and must know at this point that he is a problem they have to deal with.

Are any of you familiar with old school witch trials? Or even more recently during things like Stalin's or Mao's purges. One of the things that would happen is once someone got dragged in front of a "People's Court" or its equivalent other people, many of them their friends and neighbors would come out accusing said souls of every crime under the sun. They were already guilty of one thing, might as well assume they were guilty of everything. If in the process the accusers could reaffirm their own purity all the better.

Even members of their own party would get the chop, fatally, for the slightest deviation of the party line, or perceived disloyalty. You see it happening today in North Korea.

Someone like Belial would make a fantastic scape goat for EVERYTHING that has gone wrong lately, clearly it wasn't because they were asleep at the helm that Chaos Brigade was able to run amok like it has. It was cause Belial was aiding Rivizem this entire time.

They won't fool people like Sirzech's but what can the good guys do if they kill Belial off? Search for proof, and drag the truth to light thats what. And that I can see being the next arc. Ishibum has been building up this original devils operating behind the scene's as the puppet masters for volumes now. This is the perfect opportunity for that arc to come into play.
Old 2015-08-18, 16:11   Link #2360
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
It's not about solving a problem, the situation is working quite well for them. It is about maintaining the status quo. These are people/devils/whatever who have MURDERED to keep their secrets safe. What makes you think they aren't perfectly willing to use Belial as a cut out. They already murdered his cousin, and must know at this point that he is a problem they have to deal with.

Are any of you familiar with old school witch trials? Or even more recently during things like Stalin's or Mao's purges. One of the things that would happen is once someone got dragged in front of a "People's Court" or its equivalent other people, many of them their friends and neighbors would come out accusing said souls of every crime under the sun. They were already guilty of one thing, might as well assume they were guilty of everything. If in the process the accusers could reaffirm their own purity all the better.

Even members of their own party would get the chop, fatally, for the slightest deviation of the party line, or perceived disloyalty. You see it happening today in North Korea.

Someone like Belial would make a fantastic scape goat for EVERYTHING that has gone wrong lately, clearly it wasn't because they were asleep at the helm that Chaos Brigade was able to run amok like it has. It was cause Belial was aiding Rivizem this entire time.

They won't fool people like Sirzech's but what can the good guys do if they kill Belial off? Search for proof, and drag the truth to light thats what. And that I can see being the next arc. Ishibum has been building up this original devils operating behind the scene's as the puppet masters for volumes now. This is the perfect opportunity for that arc to come into play.
The secret is already out. It's not safe anymore. Anything the Old Devils do right now, every twitch of their fingers, will rise suspicion. Again, they have absolutely no political power, they aren't even celebrities, they are just rich people, there's NO REASON, WHATSOEVER, for the low-mid class people to actually put their word above Diehauser's when he's an actual celebrity and looked up to by many of the commoners as the Champion of Rating Game.

The Devils are far more pragmatic than humans, so comparing them to the retarded people from the time of the Witch Hunts is nonsensical. And they don't live in a dictatorship like the URSS nor the North Korea. Everyone has basic rights and a First World quality of life if people can spend money in Kid Shows Merchandise like they do.

AGAIN, D×D IS A BATTLE HAREM, NOT A CONSPIRACY/REVOLUTION SERIES.

Last edited by Chichiryuushintei; 2015-08-18 at 16:24.