AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-01-12, 22:26   Link #201
AnimeFreak677

Method of Drawing

When I draw, I start with outline where I basically draw the whole body. Then, I do a few basic lines for the hair. After that, I do the face, hair, and clothing. I do this all with a mechanicle pencil because they produce (for me) the sharpest lines, then go over with black ink. If I make mistakes, I just scan it onto my computer, then use paint (I know, really basic) to erase them. Then, it's just print and color with color pencils.
Hey, do you know where you can get a free download with any of those fancy sounding art equipment?
AnimeFreak677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 05:28   Link #202
Aeriths Spirit
Silver Hair Pouncer

Send a message via AIM to Aeriths Spirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFreak677 View Post
When I draw, I start with outline where I basically draw the whole body. Then, I do a few basic lines for the hair. After that, I do the face, hair, and clothing. I do this all with a mechanicle pencil because they produce (for me) the sharpest lines, then go over with black ink. If I make mistakes, I just scan it onto my computer, then use paint (I know, really basic) to erase them. Then, it's just print and color with color pencils.
Hey, do you know where you can get a free download with any of those fancy sounding art equipment?

always a nice way to start drawing...umm as far as drawing equipment goes... >.> bittorrent sites are always nice. =) I do believe Open Canvas is a free art program, but when I tried using Open Canvas it was constantly crashing on me and Ive lost several pieces of artwork due to it =( Luckily they were only in the beginning stages =P

Last edited by Aeriths Spirit; 2007-01-16 at 05:29. Reason: info
Aeriths Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 06:01   Link #203
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
basicly saying i make tons of scraps when im in class or when im behind my pc waiting for somehting to load, i draw loads of things based on stories i write, so i make tons of possibilities for covers etc.

usually i draw with pen straight away, those are mostly sketches and later on work them out on another paper in pencil followed by drawing it over with a small black pen, add inking etc. and scan it in to upload it, however i dont know much about working with photoshop etc :P
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 01:57   Link #204
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

Not sure if I should revive this thread but...maybe I should contribute something too?

When I draw I start with a light pencil first (I use HB pencil). Begin by drawing the outline of the face, then the eyes, nose, mouth and then hair. Next, draw a rough outline of the body, hands, fingers and then add the details like clothes, earrings, etc.

I don't have any ink pens so all I could do is draw over the original outline with a darker pencil (I use 3B) and carefully rub out the unnecessary lines during the rough sketch.

For the colouring part, I use Photoshop since that's all I know how to use. I tried OC and Paintshop before but never get the hang of them.

As for the actual colouring process, the only tools I use are lasso for selecting an area, brush for the actual colouring and the smudge tool for creating creases. This is the way I usually do it:

Spoiler:
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote