AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2020-08-26, 21:19   Link #201
Wandering Soul

Garfiel was pretty brutal. I expected him to kill Otto, but the villagers were torn apart too. Still, that much strength is something Subaru will need on his side

That moment where Subaru finally finds someone he can open up to and reveal his struggles to was sweet. It's too bad Echidna is pretty shady and may take advantage of this.
Old 2020-08-26, 21:57   Link #202
HandofFate

godamn, the rabbits might be the most painful death yet.
Old 2020-08-27, 01:28   Link #203
AntonKutovoi

Yusuke Kobayashi’s voice acting is really great this season.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-27, 02:25   Link #204
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Good thing Echidna was there. She's so fucking cute, by the way. Too bad she's most likely super evil, the OP isn't even trying to hide it.
Not sure if she's truly evil in the sense of the word, or whether she is just potentially manipulative based on her own sense of purpose and morality whereby she subordinates everything to realizing her desire.
Old 2020-08-27, 03:32   Link #205
moridin84
Custom User Title

Ah, so Subaru will did forget Echidna every time he left the "tea party".

The snow was probably caused by Emila's death... huh. I didn't think of that but it makes sense.

Roswaal said that Beatrix's gospel contained the "true future". I wonder if "true" has any special meaning there.

So it seems like after the mansion, Sanctuary will be attacked. So that's the "final battle".Maybe Subaru is going to grab Beatrix and the rest and then fight with everyone in the Sancutary? Hmm, then Roswaal will be around and he doesn't want to fight the witch's cult directly so that seems unlikely.

I admit, I skipped passed the bunny death.

So has Subaru passed the second trial now? Or did Echidna simply decide to invite him independently?

Hmm, I wonder how Subaru is going to interact with Garfield next chapter I guess the "sloth calm effect" is going to help him be less traumatized in the future. Which of course means the author can make things even worse for Subaru.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-27, 03:49   Link #206
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
I immediately thought of the Monthy Pythons when I saw the rabbit.
Yeah, I was reminded of that too.

Unfortunately for Subaru, it wasn't just one deadly rabbit...but a whole friggin' colony of those things. Good thing there's magic in that world, I don't think a single holy handgrenade would be enough to deal with that amount.

As for Garfiel, yeah, recruiting him seems to be the ideal outcome to deal with Elsa (and the mabeasts) attacking the mansion...problem is how is Subaru going to convince him?
Old 2020-08-27, 05:06   Link #207
GDB

Quote:
Looks like the key phrase to say to Beatrice had completely slipped Subaru's mind, good thing Roswaal reminded him and even threw in a bonus. I can't quite recall the way Roswaal worded it, but he basically said Beatrice's book is a record of the true timeline, which implies he knows there are alternate ones and most likely that they're the result of Subaru's power. He is apparently quite close to Echidna after all, so it's not too surprising he'd know.
Yeah, noticed a few peculiar wordings he used that definitely seems like he knows more than he's letting on.

Quote:
After seeing what Garfiel is capable of, I say he's the guy Subaru needs to take down Elsa. The problem will be how to bring him to his side, I guess he needs to win over one or both of the lolibabas.
Based on the OP, looks like there's a dozen or so of them. Actually, pausing it to count, I count 18. One is wearing black, the rest white.

Also, wtf was up with that "I know"? It used the same weird red jibberish to normal text that the OP uses, so I'm sure it's significant.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-27, 06:45   Link #208
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Based on the OP, looks like there's a dozen or so of them. Actually, pausing it to count, I count 18. One is wearing black, the rest white.

Also, wtf was up with that "I know"? It used the same weird red jibberish to normal text that the OP uses, so I'm sure it's significant.
I didn't even notice them in the OP. I guess the one wearing black is the one he needs to win over.

I don't remember if they used the exact same special effect for the text, but all of Echidna's lines in the Frozen Bonds OVA were displayed similarly.
Old 2020-08-27, 09:40   Link #209
SidVicious
Anime addict

Transformed Garfiel looks like Rei from Urusei Yatsura.
Old 2020-08-27, 16:10   Link #210
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
As for Garfiel, yeah, recruiting him seems to be the ideal outcome to deal with Elsa (and the mabeasts) attacking the mansion...problem is how is Subaru going to convince him?
I think if Subaru is able to release Sanctuary and set Garfiel free, I think Garfiel will help him. Especially if Frederika is in danger. Despite his angry talk about his sister abandoning the Sanctuary (and thus him) he really does care about his sister.
If he didn't, he would be so affected by her never coming to see him.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-27, 18:14   Link #211
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
. So has Subaru passed the second trial now? Or did Echidna simply decide to invite him independently?
The later.

This is another tea-party like back in ep 3 where she can speak directly to him without the conditions of the trial to uphold.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-27, 18:30   Link #212
Frontier

Yeah, I have to assume the 2nd Trial is going to be far more involved.
Old 2020-08-27, 23:43   Link #213
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Aaaaaaaaaaaand the rabbits reminded me why I’m unable to fully commit to this series. As intriguing as it is, I honestly can’t stomach watching any good guy suffer so horribly, and this was by far the worst Subaru has gotten it so far. I really can’t stand to see it. Maybe I’m taking it a bit too seriously for a fictional animated television production, but that’s just how it is for me. (considering how seriously other people take anime/manga with all the people sending death threats over endings lately, I think I’m being quite reasonable though) Give me a heinous, disgusting bad guy receiving a terrible death like this and I will smile and bathe in that sweet, delicious nectar, but........

At least let Emilia and/or Rem (when she comes back, we all know she will because she wouldn’t be lying around ready to be woken up if she was gone for good) be the ones to find out about Return by Death. That way Subaru will get some true appreciation and recognition for his efforts and suffering from the one or both of the people he cares most about. Echidna just has “EVIL” written all over her. As if she hadn’t said it herself already.......
Old 2020-08-28, 12:03   Link #214
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaaand the rabbits reminded me why I’m unable to fully commit to this series. As intriguing as it is, I honestly can’t stomach watching any good guy suffer so horribly, and this was by far the worst Subaru has gotten it so far. I really can’t stand to see it. Maybe I’m taking it a bit too seriously for a fictional animated television production, but that’s just how it is for me. (considering how seriously other people take anime/manga with all the people sending death threats over endings lately, I think I’m being quite reasonable though) Give me a heinous, disgusting bad guy receiving a terrible death like this and I will smile and bathe in that sweet, delicious nectar, but........

At least let Emilia and/or Rem (when she comes back, we all know she will because she wouldn’t be lying around ready to be woken up if she was gone for good) be the ones to find out about Return by Death. That way Subaru will get some true appreciation and recognition for his efforts and suffering from the one or both of the people he cares most about. Echidna just has “EVIL” written all over her. As if she hadn’t said it herself already.......
I am kind of curious if they'll actually take Elsa out this go-around.
Old 2020-08-31, 22:13   Link #215
Applehell

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-01, 06:52   Link #216
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't watch the previews, but going by the thumbnail, the title of the episode is "love love love love love love you"?

That doesn't scream yandere at all.
Old 2020-09-02, 08:47   Link #217
zeross87

too bad he didn't had a saint grenade
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-02, 09:07   Link #218
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
New cast in today's ReZero

Misaki Kuno as Typhon
Mikako Komatsu as Minerva
Nao Touyama as Daphne

Spoiler for Uncredited and spoiler for end of episode:

Be sure to watch the post-credits scene after the ED.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2020-09-02 at 09:59.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-02, 10:07   Link #219
Frontier

So there isn't necessarily one big overarching plan behind Subaru having Return by Death, it's just Satella's way of keeping him alive no matter what, and nobody else factors into it (which doesn't answer the question of why Satella is so obsessed with him, but even Echidna can't figure Satella's motivations out). But at the very least Subaru can still make use of it as an endless means of protecting those around him, even if that's not what it was intended for .

That rabbit was a Great Mabeast? And it's called Giant Bunny!? I wasn't expecting that...so what, now Subaru has to deal with Sanctuary, the Mansion, and possibly a Great Mabeast invading Sanctuary to feed on everyone, all in short order? No pressure .

So apparently all the other Witches exist within the same plain as Echidna and can inhabit her body to live again, but it can be a bit of a free for all when Echidna opens herself up to them .

And through that free for all Subaru gets to meet three more Witches, Typhon the childlike Witch of Pride who has a childlike and simplistic sense of right and wrong that can tear people to pieces with her powers, Minerva the Witch of Wrath who is an overly loud and emotional hero of love and justice type, and Daphne the Witch of Gluttony who is driven by her insatiable hunger and created three awful beasts with the idea that they could feed many...but in the interest of fairness made it so those same beasts could also eat to satisfy their own vast hunger. Is she locked up like that a as a punishment for what she did and how she acts? It definitely seems like the other Witches (or just Echidna) view her as extremely dangerous These Witches sure are an interesting bunch, and Subaru still hasn't met them all

I see Echidna is a sucker for compliments, although I wouldn't trust what she made those cookies out of either .

So Subaru won't have as easy a time getting back to the tea party, and he'll have to fervently wish for knowledge the next time he needs to go back. I'm curious if the third time around will fit into this current cour. And what could it be that Echidna would have to tell him ?

As if meeting three other Witches wasn't enough, Subaru gets to finally meet the Big Bad Witch of Envy herself and the source of all his problems as Satella seemingly possesses Emilia and ravages Sanctuary. What the heck happened? Is this what happens when Subaru doesn't wake Emilia after she's been forced to face her past? Was there something that specific to this loop that caused this to happen? And what is Satella doing trying to get to the mansion ?

Y'know, Subaru has probably dreamt of Emilia saying "I Love You" for a while now, but something tells me he didn't want to hear it like this .

Well, Roswaal seems to either have his own Gospel or his own book of the future like Beatrice does. I'm not sure who he's willing to go down for, but he pretty much explicitly confirms he knows about Return by Death through hoping Subaru doesn't make any mistakes "next time." Which also tells me we're likely in for one more loop rather than seeing Subaru and Garfiel take care of Satella .
Old 2020-09-02, 12:42   Link #220
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

My goodness. This was yet another great episode.

We get to see three (four, actually) of the other witches.
The Witch of Pride, Typhon is childish and and friendly looking, but her power breaks people depending on their sins...making her a sort of judge, jury and executioner based on what I assume is her view of right and wrong?

After Typhon, in came my favorite (aside from Echidna) so far, Minerva, the Witch of Wrath...who has quite the interesting ability to heal people by punching them. She seemed to act like a tsundere tho

Then there's Daphne, the Witch of Gluttony, who Subaru actually wanted to talk with.
She...has an interesting philosophy/view on life: Eat or be eaten, fight to survive.
Daphne's the one behind the creation of the three great mabeasts, with the logic behind them being that they could feed many people...but you'd need to kill them first, which is clearly a problem seeing as they've lived for 400 years.
Daphne gave Subaru some valuable info on the Great Rabbit's behavior, so all he needs to do is find a way to take them all out.

And then the worst happened as Subaru left the tea party. The outside was overrun with darkness...only to be revealed that it was the Witch of Envy, who proceed to say "I love you" to Subaru, over and over again, then embraces him and slowly covers him in darkness.
Luckly, Garfiel pops up just in time to save Subaru and jumps all the way to a safe place.

Meanwhile, Roswaal monologues what seems to be him pretty much admiting of knowing Subaru can rewind time, and shows that he has the other copy of the perfect gospel.

.......Well, things just took quite the turn, eh?

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2020-09-02 at 14:44.
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote