Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2020-11-02, 18:12   Link #201
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I don't think it could be another surprise culprit because it would be nonsensical with the plot structure already established in the original plot.
I'd say anything is possible. Especially after what Rika said in the manga:

Spoiler for manga:

It's a brand new game, not bound by the same rules. In fact, the most basic rule was broken straight away, although it may have been Rika's doing.
Old 2020-11-03, 09:00   Link #202
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I honestly wouldn't see the point of this fakeremake/sequel if it had the same culprit and followed the same rules. Miyo was dealt with and defeated, her comeback would only cheapen all that the protagonists had achieved and it would be as disappointing as... as... as a sequel of Star Wars where everything went back to square 0, with no Jedi order, no republic and the Empire still dominating everything (Oh... wait...).

Rather I'm expecting this story to take a metaphysical turn like in Umineko. I'm not particularly enthusiast about this possibility but there are certain hints in the Opening that are hard to deny...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 11:06   Link #203
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Laughed when Keichi dad complained that not even his dad has hit him. lol.
I suspect it's a nod to a classic scene from Mobile Suit Gundam

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I remember that in one of the original arcs it's hinted that healthy shion wants to kill satokos uncle to protect her
That happened in the anime during Kai, right? Boy, I remember how most of the first half of Kai was the protags fighting for Satoko's child protection & child support. Looking back, it's kinda amazing how many maneuvers Keita & co did to gain enough political power to make the head of the departement move his butt. It basically took the entire village & the powerful Sonozaki family to get it done fast enough. I gotta respect that. There are not many anime that gives a crap about child protection procedure yet Kai showed us the whole painful process from beginning to end .
Old 2020-11-03, 14:32   Link #204
maximilianjenus
[E]

Well if it took Rika 100 Years to get the Kai ending and Bern is supossed to be 10,000 yers old we might get to know what happens in between.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 14:57   Link #205
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Still waiting for Rikka to show up in the meta world, only for Beatrice to appear and keckle at her.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 17:47   Link #206
Dharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I suspect it's a nod to a classic scene from Mobile Suit Gundam
Considering Amuro and Key1 father sharing the same Japanese voice actor it is indeed Gundam reference for sure
Old 2020-11-05, 11:45   Link #207
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube

Hmm....not much difference from the old anime. Only this time, Shion asked Keichi to buy the same doll he gave to Mion. Takano also did a Shaft neck-tilt at the end .

That said, I'm still not used to the characters' new faces here. They all look like generic Shaft characters. I miss my DEEN Higurashi faces. They're cuter & had more characters when the moment called for it.
YouTube
Old 2020-11-05, 14:31   Link #208
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Hmm....not much difference from the old anime. Only this time, Shion asked Keichi to buy the same doll he gave to Mion. Takano also did a Shaft neck-tilt at the end .
In Deen version, it was actually Shion who threatened the punks with the villagers and she didn't know about the bento Mion gave to Keiichi while pretending to be Shion.
Old 2020-11-05, 17:36   Link #209
Dark Wing

After seeing this weeks episode I have a sneaking suspension that Shion may be in cahoots with Takano's people. I know it's sounds crazy but with the way the stories have been shifting and changing any is possible right?
Old 2020-11-05, 19:06   Link #210
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Feels like Shion was testing Keiichi when she asked for the same doll Mion received. And I'd say he failed.

I'm guessing the shed's contents will be very different this time (as in, Rika replaced the torture tools with something else). Hanyu isn't there to make Shion's syndrome progress either.
Old 2020-11-05, 20:04   Link #211
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
In Deen version, it was actually Shion who threatened the punks with the villagers....
Wait, both anime have Shion threatening the punks with the villagers in defense of Keiichi, right? Unless you're saying that Shion at the start of this episode is Mion in disguise .
Old 2020-11-05, 20:14   Link #212
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Wait, both anime have Shion threatening the punks with the villagers in defense of Keiichi, right? Unless you're saying that Shion at the start of this episode is Mion in disguise .
Ostensibly it was Shion this time too, but I also have the impression that this time it was still Mion posing as Shion. She wasn't talking in the same way Shion did, she reacted at being called "Mion" without any issue and then when K1 was called the other day it really seemed that that Shion was meeting him for the first time.

Old 2020-11-05, 22:19   Link #213
maximilianjenus
[E]

This just Made me realize that the biggest reason mion is not working in the café is because of her tatoo
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-05, 22:59   Link #214
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
This just Made me realize that the biggest reason mion is not working in the café is because of her tatoo
But the fact that she responded with "Mion" in the cafe makes me suspicious that it was indeed Mion working as Shion in the cafe.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-06, 02:38   Link #215
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Ostensibly it was Shion this time too, but I also have the impression that this time it was still Mion posing as Shion. She wasn't talking in the same way Shion did, she reacted at being called "Mion" without any issue and then when K1 was called the other day it really seemed that that Shion was meeting him for the first time.
It is precisely because of how Shion is "reintroducing herself" during their evening date after the Angel Mort incident that makes me almost certain that Shion was actually Mion from the beginning until that point. Furthermore, they deliberately showed Shion in a sort of onimous fashion with the phone discussion scene prior the Angel Mort thing, which further hints that it is the real Shion.
Furthermore, "Shion" was quite hostile towards Ooishi after the punk incident and this behaviour was pretty much exclusive to Mion in OG. Unless they deliberately changed the setup for Gou where both twins have a beef with Ooishi, it could only be Mion there. Finally, I have hard time to believe Shion would be so fond of Hinamizawa's "unity" considering what happened to Satoshi. In her mind, no one gave a rat ass about him, especially the Sozonaki, so the way she explained their struggle against the government is quite odd in my books.

So in conclusion, the real Shion (as in the twin who is in love with Satoshi) only debuted starting with the phone call then properly at the Angel Mort buffet event.
Quote:
"Shion"'s long hair conveniently covers her back. You never see her back exposed ever once in the anime.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2020-11-06 at 02:51.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-06, 03:55   Link #216
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 6:

Shion becoming really friendly with Keichi. Well, it's indeed a gentleman of him to defend her from the creeps.

funny, when Shion was a little upset when K1 wanted to watch Rika dance instead of coming with her.

looking forward to next week!
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-06, 07:54   Link #217
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I actually agree with taking the twins's identities at face value here assuming that their personalities are consistent. Everything in the first episode of the arc was entirely Mion, even the one in the first Angel Mort scene. The possible exception here might be the bento delivery scene. It was also most likely Mion dressed up as Shion during the bike incident.

Everything from the phone call is most likely Shion, and the scenes at the shrine (particularly the twins' faces and reactions) kind of give it away that they are who they claim to be.

As to whether the "storeroom" will be the same room as it was remains to be seen, but while it would make sense for Rika to try and get rid of the stuff inside to prevent it from being used again for its usual sordid ends, the other families would probably notice if the room was tampered with.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-06, 08:58   Link #218
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
"Shion"'s long hair conveniently covers her back. You never see her back exposed ever once in the anime.
You never see her back in the cases where we have a suspicion it was actually Mion, but we do see enough of her back when it was most likely Shion (after the phone call).

If this was Mion, you would definitely be able to see her tattoo there. I imagine that Mion when she was in that outfit had to be very careful and not make sudden moves with her head. There's a very serious social stigma in Japan about tattoo (precisely because they are seen as the mark of Yakuza), you are even banned from certain public baths and pools if you have one.

Old 2020-11-06, 13:36   Link #219
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
You never see her back in the cases where we have a suspicion it was actually Mion, but we do see enough of her back when it was most likely Shion (after the phone call).
Pretty much my point hence why I used quotes there. In general, Mion acting as Shion can be idenitified with either 1) OOC behaviour (extremely awkward with Keiichi) 2) accidental slip up (Reacting to Keiichi's call out for Mion).
Old 2020-11-06, 16:56   Link #220
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Pretty much my point hence why I used quotes there. In general, Mion acting as Shion can be idenitified with either 1) OOC behaviour (extremely awkward with Keiichi) 2) accidental slip up (Reacting to Keiichi's call out for Mion).
Though, Shion has her own set of awkward reactions towards Keiichi, especially in the beginning.
Shion is behaving rather irrational in this, even by her standards.

Also seriously... The entire town bands up together to help Keiichi when someone asks him for compensation, after damaging their property, but does nothing to help Shion?
---

What I'm currently trying to find out is when we've seen Shion being Shion and when Mion.

The initial reaction points towards Shion, as I doubt it would be the first time they've actually met.

Doll: Shion
Angel Mort: Shion/Mion, probably Mion
Way Home: Same sister he met in Angel Mort, otherwise blushing wouldn't make sense.
Bento: According to both of them that was Mion.(To confuse people: In other words, actually Shion.)
Class next day: Shion

E6
Angel Mort: Shion
Angel Mort2: Shion
Temple, Construction: Shion? She was a bit too composed given the day before.
Tea-Scene: Both as themselves
Storehousel: Shion

Generally, they seem to have reversed their rolls on at least one occasion, compared to the original. Otherwise, showing us the entire thing again would be pointless.

This makes me wonder what else might be different in this shard...
First off, whether Shionn actually means what she is saying when saying she got a gift from he beloved.

Perhaps this might be a shard where Mion and Shion have been confused, have not been confused at the time, and Shion is actually wearing the tattoo too.
It could also be one where Mion is the one going stage 5, when Shion steals Keiichi . In any event, there is no telling what it is about the guy shion actually liked in this shard. Though, one would have to ask what her point is in showing him her families torture tools then.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2020-11-07 at 11:40.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote