AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru... Index [LN/M] - New Testament Volume 22 Reverse Discussion Rating
Perfect 10 10 37.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 25.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 18.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 14.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-09-20, 04:31   Link #201
Sparteh

I agree with what was said already, but there is one thing worth mentioning. Ironically, even though author according to himself sucks at writing romance, but some of his non-romance scenes are probably few of the best written JP LN romance scenes I have read. For example, vol 10 Touma vs Othinus.

Anyway, its pretty much obvious that when the story ends, if it ever ends, considering that this is pretty much one piece of LNs, Touma is gonna end up alone. Excluding the fact that romance is not the focus, the way I see it, more or less every ship besides Misaki and Index have sunk or girls have been friend zoned. There are tons of problems with Index one: rarely anyone likes her, little screen time and usefulness, and the fact that she is a nun... Well, there is more, but lets just stick with these. Meanwhile Misaki.... She is doomed to suffer.
Sparteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-20, 16:18   Link #202
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparteh View Post
I agree with what was said already, but there is one thing worth mentioning. Ironically, even though author according to himself sucks at writing romance, but some of his non-romance scenes are probably few of the best written JP LN romance scenes I have read. For example, vol 10 Touma vs Othinus.

Anyway, its pretty much obvious that when the story ends, if it ever ends, considering that this is pretty much one piece of LNs, Touma is gonna end up alone. Excluding the fact that romance is not the focus, the way I see it, more or less every ship besides Misaki and Index have sunk or girls have been friend zoned. There are tons of problems with Index one: rarely anyone likes her, little screen time and usefulness, and the fact that she is a nun... Well, there is more, but lets just stick with these. Meanwhile Misaki.... She is doomed to suffer.
Misaki:
- Tragic romance, even if Touma remembers she exists, she hasn't made any actual advance with him.
- Recently started interacting with him, though that's is pointless.
- She is a proto Index to the point her design is a variation of Index's
-Even her memories tragedy with Touma was taken from Index's
- Has more interactiones with her "rival" Mikoto and has had character development through her more than with Touma.
- Author tortures her and readers by teasing a "miracle, once it happens it turns to be a bait and switch.
- Quickly became one of the top 10 if not top 5 most liked chacters of the series

Index:
- Unsolved romance, we saw how mezmerised Touma was with her pre memory loss and how bold was in the last volume.
- Only character to ever confess to Touma (Touma make a reference to that regarding the love letter with Gremlin's High Priest)
- not a real nun.
- Screentime according to those experts in the series overall has her in the top5 ironically despite her screentime on NT has been heavely decreased compared to OT.
-Usefulness? Depends on your subjectiveness, the time she has had when she is involved in the plot conflicts can't be denied.
- She is in the top 10 most liked characters of the series if not top 5
- kiss Touma albeit accidentally and he liked it.
- both Misaki and Mikoto are gave a particular awareness to her and when she wants to spend time with Touma they will just make way for her (this one was new for me this volume)
- Her biting gag is annoying.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2019-09-20 at 22:34.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-20, 17:05   Link #203
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Index:
- Unsolved romance, we saw how mezmerised Touma was with her pre memory loss and how bold was in the last volume.
- Only character to ever confess to Touma (Touma make a reference to that regarding the love letter with Gremlin's High Priest)
- not a real nun.
- Screentime according to those experts in the series overall has her in the top5 ironically despite her screentime on NT has been heavely decreased compared to OT.
-Usefulness? Depends on your subjectiveness, the time she has had when she is involved in the plot conflicts can't be denied.
- She is in the top 10 most liked characters of the series if not top 5
- Her biting gag is annoying.
- More like no romance, you are ignoring the fact that pre memory Touma and the current Touma are not the same person, his entire arc and this volume specifically exists to show us that.

- She was "confessing" to the old Touma who you know, is gone and the current Touma acknowledged the fact that those feelings weren't towards him and is one of the reasons he didn't respond back along with the fact that he doesn't have the same feelings towards her.

- OT was mostly focused on her because she either was the mcguffin of whatever magic side antagonist of the volume appeared or it was someone she had met and forgot that wanted to help her or her getting kidnapped for grimoire reasons. Except that one time before the Brexit arc where a random terrorist holds her hostage but right after, when Brexit arc began and not even a full day passed and she got kidnapped again by the Princess and Knight Leader.

- Let's be real, that is mostly because those time they needed a dues ex grimoire to save the day due to the magic not being compatible with the limitations of IB, the grimoires give Kamachi an easy out whenever he writes overpowered magic that is difficult to deal with.

The most useful thing that she has done that can't be denied is to be magic side wikipedia to Touma and he barely even uses her help anymore since he now has the pocket version of magic side wikipedia on his shoulder but this one has even more information, especially on the magic gods.

- Yes, her biting gag IS annoying and Kamachi need to stop adding those kinds of scenes (for any character that has a similar quirk), they add nothing to the story.

Either way, as others like to repeat ad nauseum anytime anyone tries to talk about shipping or romance in this story, this series doesn't focus on romance and it isn't important to the plot so there is no reason for this conversation to be had in the first place.

Don't look at me, I am just repeating what others have said on these threads.
Old 2019-09-20, 17:37   Link #204
devil_slayer

Why is this even an argument? IF Touma ends up with a girl in the end, there are only 2 options really. It's either Index "due to story context" or Misaka "Dud to her populairty"

Misaki exist only to suffer.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-20, 22:32   Link #205
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Love how he cherry picked the lines to throw a mental gymnastics right there.

Oh right she also did kiss Touma albeit accidentally and he liked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
Why is this even an argument? IF Touma ends up with a girl in the end, there are only 2 options really. It's either Index "due to story context" or Misaka "Dud to her populairty"

Misaki exist only to suffer.
We no longer consider Othinus a choice anymore don't we? to
Old 2019-09-20, 22:39   Link #206
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
We no longer consider Othinus a choice anymore don't we? to
Of course, her bond with Touma has already transcended over that of a romantic relationship.
Why bother lowering herself to join such a vulgar competition with other girls?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-20, 23:35   Link #207
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Of course, her bond with Touma has already transcended over that of a romantic relationship.
But she still cannot transcend her shrinkage
Old 2019-09-21, 07:00   Link #208
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Cuz lorewise she's a pervert .
Old 2019-09-21, 13:14   Link #209
devil_slayer

Quote:

Oh right she also did kiss Touma albeit accidentally and he liked it.
This is one issue I have with this whole Misaka ship tbh. Throughout the story, we see sevreal times that Touma was genuinely attracted to Index in some situations, such thing NEVER happened with Misaka, like at all!

She's so deep in friend zone it's almost amazing.
Old 2019-09-25, 14:00   Link #210
dragon1412

when i read the epilogue, I see that Misaki seem more unable to give up rather than actually managed to let things go though.

Misaka situation is more troublesome, in a way, they are close, but in a way they are not, it really hard to judge her distance with Touma, Unlike Misaki, Index and Othinus, she didn't really connected to Touma himself in any kind of specific way. But at the same time, she interact with him a lot more and her personality kind of let her invaded to Touma life.

As for ship, I'm on the harem ship, make a happy ending for everyone damn it Kamachi
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-25, 20:34   Link #211
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
when i read the epilogue, I see that Misaki seem more unable to give up rather than actually managed to let things go though.

Misaka situation is more troublesome, in a way, they are close, but in a way they are not, it really hard to judge her distance with Touma, Unlike Misaki, Index and Othinus, she didn't really connected to Touma himself in any kind of specific way. But at the same time, she interact with him a lot more and her personality kind of let her invaded to Touma life.

As for ship, I'm on the harem ship, make a happy ending for everyone damn it Kamachi
Happy Ending and Touma is getting further and further away as this series goes on.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-25, 21:17   Link #212
tsunade666

harem end won't happen in this story. kamachi knows his tropes well, heck a happy romance ending seems like a dream. A normal ending would probably be the optimal of what we can get from kamachi.
Old 2019-09-25, 23:46   Link #213
dark44

It well be open end or harem end i cant see Touma ending with one girl beside if Kamisato have huge harem why Touma cant both of them are normal high school students
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-31, 08:50   Link #214
devil_slayer

This just crossed my mind, but does Touma get any new addition to Harem in NT besides Othinus? Really can't think of anyone.

Hamazura feels more like "the harem man" in NT than Touma.
Old 2019-11-12, 08:19   Link #215
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
This is one issue I have with this whole Misaka ship tbh. Throughout the story, we see sevreal times that Touma was genuinely attracted to Index in some situations, such thing NEVER happened with Misaka, like at all!

She's so deep in friend zone it's almost amazing.
Found a relatively recent survey about anime ships.
https://ranking.goo.ne.jp/column/6193/ranking/52249
Touma&Index is at #25
Old 2019-11-12, 11:31   Link #216
KiharaRonin

Touma has rarely ever been shown to be attracted to any girl, Misaka included. I'm not saying never, but the girls' feelings are usually more one-sided. Touma has even gotten mostly annoyed by such flirtatious behavior. Index might be an LN with some harem elements but Touma isn't that kind of character. Again, not to say he's never had romantic attraction to any girl but its not a common thing. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Touma doesn't end up with any girl in fact, that's been my expectation for the longest time now.
Old 2019-11-13, 00:45   Link #217
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
Touma has rarely ever been shown to be attracted to any girl, Misaka included. I'm not saying never, but the girls' feelings are usually more one-sided. Touma has even gotten mostly annoyed by such flirtatious behavior. Index might be an LN with some harem elements but Touma isn't that kind of character. Again, not to say he's never had romantic attraction to any girl but its not a common thing. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Touma doesn't end up with any girl in fact, that's been my expectation for the longest time now.
I agree on this, heck look at how NT ended. I'm expecting Touma will just come back home to Index with Othinus on his shoulder and Sphinx lazing around as an open ending.
Old 2019-11-16, 14:35   Link #218
devil_slayer

People actually expect a romantic ending?
Old 2019-11-16, 16:30   Link #219
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I agree on this, heck look at how NT ended. I'm expecting Touma will just come back home to Index with Othinus on his shoulder and Sphinx lazing around as an open ending.
Indeed. How Touma always mention that he has to take care of a glutton nun, a cat, and a 15cm fairy, him hooking up with anyone and telling the rest to just go away is out of the question. The freeloaders are unbeatable.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-19, 00:37   Link #220
alex_drian

I'm still shocked that I lived enough to see/read Aleister and Lola have the spotlight, being mid-stage bosses and being defeated (kinda), what a trip.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote