AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2017-08-11, 00:58   Link #201
Blueknight78

at this point with 2 boths mad mans, with weird hair cute and crazy ego, if i'm a usa or "asian" i could really be ready to "run for my life"!!!.
Old 2017-08-11, 12:54   Link #202
Key Board
Carbon

"Military solutions are now fully in place,locked and loaded,should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong Un will find another path!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...70429734711298

welp
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-11, 13:05   Link #203
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

China will defend North Korea if it is attacked. But will probably stay out of it if Kim takes the first move.
Old 2017-08-11, 14:03   Link #204
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
China will defend North Korea if it is attacked. But will probably stay out of it if Kim takes the first move.
"Defend" can mean many things. For example, instead of actually fighting American soldiers, China can simply take over North Korean leadership and install a puppet leader. Then America will stop attacking and North Korea would be "defended".
Old 2017-08-11, 15:25   Link #205
The Green One

Everyone wants to make everyone else make the first move so they can be "justified" in the action they take in response.
Old 2017-08-11, 15:52   Link #206
Valky
Radioactive

If Trump want to bring China into it, he should've start by pronounce it properly first. Well, at least they made it clear they won't support Kim if he attack first. That'll be huge factor for him to consider.

Anyway, chicken race huh, seems fun. Duel between two fat man with funny hair seems far more appropriate rather than involving the whole world on their stupid propaganda though. I guess it could be Jousting too if they could not stand running around.
Old 2017-08-11, 18:34   Link #207
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
"Defend" can mean many things. For example, instead of actually fighting American soldiers, China can simply take over North Korean leadership and install a puppet leader. Then America will stop attacking and North Korea would be "defended".
I cannot stop thinking that toppling the regime would have been done ages ago if the Chinese have the required armed forces to do it swiftly. But for that, their army needs a perfect mix of hardware, manpower, logistics, and discipline. For me, the failure of the Chinese soldiers involved in the failed peacekeeping mission in South Sudan exposed a big crack at the most elementary unit: a lack of discipline and a lack of professionalism.

It's a real shame because it would have been easier to cut North Korea in half through a deal between the US and China if the latter had a solid army. Perhaps, North Korea would do nothing like what they did if that was the case as well.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-11, 20:49   Link #208
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
I cannot stop thinking that toppling the regime would have been done ages ago if the Chinese have the required armed forces to do it swiftly.
Well, assuming NK and Trump ended up in a real war, NK government would be much weaker than they are now because of the distraction and thus be an easier target for China to overthrow.
Old 2017-08-11, 21:04   Link #209
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
I cannot stop thinking that toppling the regime would have been done ages ago if the Chinese have the required armed forces to do it swiftly. But for that, their army needs a perfect mix of hardware, manpower, logistics, and discipline. For me, the failure of the Chinese soldiers involved in the failed peacekeeping mission in South Sudan exposed a big crack at the most elementary unit: a lack of discipline and a lack of professionalism.

It's a real shame because it would have been easier to cut North Korea in half through a deal between the US and China if the latter had a solid army. Perhaps, North Korea would do nothing like what they did if that was the case as well.
And why in the world would China do that back then?
Old 2017-08-11, 21:24   Link #210
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
And why in the world would China do that back then?
For the same reason the US decided to overthrow Manuel Noriega, who was their man. When an ally becomes such a liability who causes problems, it's time to remove the source of those problems.

If the question is about why cut North Korea in half, it's simple. There would still be a buffer land between South Korea and China, but that "country" would be too small to be a source for further problems.

In any case, the fact remains that we are where we are mainly because China has problems with its armed forces. Otherwise, the DPRK would be afraid.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2017-08-11 at 22:28.
Old 2017-08-11, 21:41   Link #211
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
For the same reason the US decided to overthrow Manuel Noriega, who was their man. When an ally becomes such a liability who causes problems, it's time to remove the source of those problems.

If the question is about why cut North Korea in half, it's simple. There would still be a buffer land between South Korea and China, but that "country" would be too small to be a source for further problems.
I see. But that's not really feasible though.

You clearly forgot Soviet was NK ally. Would China invade NK with Soviet on their border? Add that with the cold war, I seriously doubt China and U.S. could team up to invade NK since If anything, US was allergic with anything communist.
Old 2017-08-11, 22:42   Link #212
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
I see. But that's not really feasible though.

You clearly forgot Soviet was NK ally. Would China invade NK with Soviet on their border? Add that with the cold war, I seriously doubt China and U.S. could team up to invade NK since If anything, US was allergic with anything communist.
I'm not talking about that far back though; I talk about in recent years. Russia looks disinterested with the Far East unlike in Syria and Eastern Europe. From the moment when Chinese people started seeing North Korea as a liability, the ruling administration(s) in China could have tightened its grip upon its neighbour or simply toppling the regime. The big problem is that the PLA simply... sucks if any of the 2 options is presented to them. Otherwise, North Korea would have been afraid of what would happen if they piss off Beijing.

Splitting a country in two between ideological rivals would not be new though. In fact, that was the course of events in Poland back in 1939; people forget that too often when studying WW2.
Old 2017-08-11, 23:35   Link #213
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That is sort of how we got a North and South Korea in the first place. What next a North and Northeast Korea to go with South Korea?
Old 2017-08-12, 05:12   Link #214
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That is sort of how we got a North and South Korea in the first place. What next a North and Northeast Korea to go with South Korea?
It happened with Sudan. Hell, it happened with India after the British left.

The general belief is that China might decide to spilt a chunk of North Korea off as a new buffer zone, that is too small to raise an army and needed China's aid to literally not die.
Old 2017-08-12, 05:57   Link #215
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wonder if they'll wait for the solar eclipse to claim madness?
Old 2017-08-12, 19:14   Link #216
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
I'm not talking about that far back though; I talk about in recent years. Russia looks disinterested with the Far East unlike in Syria and Eastern Europe. From the moment when Chinese people started seeing North Korea as a liability, the ruling administration(s) in China could have tightened its grip upon its neighbour or simply toppling the regime. The big problem is that the PLA simply... sucks if any of the 2 options is presented to them. Otherwise, North Korea would have been afraid of what would happen if they piss off Beijing.

Splitting a country in two between ideological rivals would not be new though. In fact, that was the course of events in Poland back in 1939; people forget that too often when studying WW2.
Well, you said ages ago, so it can't be helped for me to assume that way back.

If you're talking about recent years .. you meant after they succeed in weaponized the nuke? Yeah .. not sure about that. Despite China and US could just blow up all of NK's nuclear facilities first, it'll probably cause a high radiation exposure incidents there and kill a lot of people depending on the location. That'll be one hell of diplomacy shit hole backlash from the international community. There's also problems like refugee, aid for NK, possibility of civil resistance or even act of terror by the former NK people, and other problems. All of that shit that China will have to deal with after the war because they share border in order to stabilize the region. I seriously doubt China want refugee.

I also doubt China will move to invade NK without Russian's approval. Russia not interested in their own backyard affair would be seriously weird.

Then again, we also don't really know what happens in the back negotiation between China and NK, whether NK already cross the line or not.
Old 2017-08-28, 18:26   Link #217
shadow1296

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/28/japa...port-says.html

the situation has just gotten worse
Old 2017-08-28, 18:29   Link #218
The Green One

Ah you beat me to it, was just about to post about that.

Wonder how long it'll be before something goes wrong with one of these shots and a missile lands somewhere populated and then we all don't have a choice but to respond rather than shake fingers at North Korea and tell them they're bad.
Old 2017-08-28, 22:44   Link #219
AnimeFan188

North Korea talks tough as South says nuclear
test may be coming:

"North Korea kept up its bellicose rhetoric against the United States on Monday as South
Korean officials said Pyongyang may be preparing its sixth nuclear weapon test.

Seoul's National Intelligence Service (NIS) told South Korean lawmakers at a closed door
parliamentary session that it has detected signs of North Korea preparing for another
nuclear test at its Punggye-ri underground test site."

See:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/28/asia/n...est/index.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 01:09   Link #220
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/28/japa...port-says.html

the situation has just gotten worse
How did the JSDF allow that to happen? Isn't that their job to shoot down anything that flies over the country unauthorized?