AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-02, 08:28   Link #201
Jaden

When I say it's fine not to adapt fate/extra faithfully, I mean that the details don't really matter. It's not a heavy and verbose story like SN or Zero where following the script was essential to correctly develop and portray the setting and characters. Game goes like this:

1.Servant fight
2.Grinding (in anime this will be replaced with fanservice)
3.Investigation and learning about characters
4.Repeat 1-3 until ending.

It's a very easy formula to insert whatever original content you can think of and artistically interpret the events. Because it's Shaft, I'm sure they will.

There can't be a case of "OMG I can't believe they omitted this dialogue!! The story is completely ruined now!" or "This isn't how that noble phantasm is supposed to work!", because the story was kind of "anything goes" to begin with.

Last edited by Jaden; 2016-04-02 at 08:40.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 12:03   Link #202
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
When I say it's fine not to adapt fate/extra faithfully, I mean that the details don't really matter. It's not a heavy and verbose story like SN or Zero where following the script was essential to correctly develop and portray the setting and characters. Game goes like this:

1.Servant fight
2.Grinding (in anime this will be replaced with fanservice)
3.Investigation and learning about characters
4.Repeat 1-3 until ending.

It's a very easy formula to insert whatever original content you can think of and artistically interpret the events. Because it's Shaft, I'm sure they will.

There can't be a case of "OMG I can't believe they omitted this dialogue!! The story is completely ruined now!" or "This isn't how that noble phantasm is supposed to work!", because the story was kind of "anything goes" to begin with.
this will happen no matter what they do its the sad fact of adaptions, but i do agree they they shouldn't go for a hundred percent adaptation of it they will definitely need to add and remove some things, like there is know real need to adapt all of the taiga requests and the could add something that shows that the extra versions of the characters do not equal their Fate stay night counter parts like
Spoiler for for extra:
Old 2016-04-02, 17:48   Link #203
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
When I say it's fine not to adapt fate/extra faithfully, I mean that the details don't really matter.

[...]

There can't be a case of "OMG I can't believe they omitted this dialogue!! The story is completely ruined now!"
You may be correct, as long as it doesnt affect the overall plot.

Quote:
or "This isn't how that noble phantasm is supposed to work!"
You're wrong here. Fate fandom is notoriously tied up in the mechanics of the setting. Any changes at all are going to rankle someone.
Old 2016-04-02, 21:19   Link #204
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Fair warning. The title of anime is "fate/extra last encore" not "fate/extra" or "fate/extra ccc". So expect lot of original content instead faithful adaptation .

Btw why the thread haven't been changed?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 22:07   Link #205
Tenzen12

Well, it's definitely true, that F/E needs massive retool. At least to get rid of "servant of the week" routine. That, that makes 90% of story.

Last encore will have probably completely new story.
Old 2016-04-02, 23:25   Link #206
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
You're wrong here. Fate fandom is notoriously tied up in the mechanics of the setting. Any changes at all are going to rankle someone.
Yeah I know, because I'm really into it myself. However, Fate/Extra has a parallel world setting precisely so that they could do wacky stuff without infringing on the lore of the original. If you wanna call it canon you can, but it feels much more like a spinoff. So even if you change a few things around it's not going to rustle as much jimmies as messing with, say, Fate/Stay Night. Not to the point where they should feel the need to be too faithful in the adaptation.
Old 2016-04-03, 13:12   Link #207
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Yeah I know, because I'm really into it myself. However, Fate/Extra has a parallel world setting precisely so that they could do wacky stuff without infringing on the lore of the original. If you wanna call it canon you can, but it feels much more like a spinoff. So even if you change a few things around it's not going to rustle as much jimmies as messing with, say, Fate/Stay Night. Not to the point where they should feel the need to be too faithful in the adaptation.
I'm sure there's someone out there as invested in the mechanics of Fate/Extra as people are in FSN.
Old 2016-04-08, 09:29   Link #208
nfsac

I wonder if Hakuno Kishinami will appear on this game?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 10:08   Link #209
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Looks like the anime will be a sequel to CCC. Nasu himself will handle the script.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 10:21   Link #210
nfsac

Cool. Sad Caster wont join in, Her antics and crazy ideas are just on pair with Red Saber
Old 2016-04-13, 10:25   Link #211
Twi

I bet they're saving that for the inevitable Caster route anime that will follow the Archer route UBW style, because you can never have enough GAR in your life.
Old 2016-04-13, 11:51   Link #212
nfsac

A 3 way with Red Saber and Caster would be the best
Old 2016-04-13, 13:07   Link #213
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Looks like the anime will be a sequel to CCC. Nasu himself will handle the script.
What, we're gonna get spoiled on CCC? Aw man
Old 2016-04-13, 13:15   Link #214
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Sequel to both games to be more clear. But it's automatically means sequel to CCC.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 13:40   Link #215
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
-_-

Why is it so hard to just do the original Extra games storyline?
This would be like starting first Saber anime with Avalon scene.
I cannot wait to see how will they explain events form first game and what ending they will choose in CCC. ( but we all know they will go for standard one even if majority will probably want to see Nero ending one ).

And Nasu writing the script? After saying that he will never wrote another Fate related story some time ago? I guess money change what people do after some time.

p.s. Where did you read this information? That Fate/Extra anime will be original story that will take place after both games?
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 13:44   Link #216
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

CCC happens in the middle of Extra so the former isn't exactly the sequel of the latter. It'll have to be after Extra if they're continuing the story. I reeeeaaallly need to finish the CCC route.

Servant Wishlist:
Available: Jeanne, Arturia, Marie, Nero, Atalanta, Elizabeth, Tamamo, Euryale, Scathach, Mordred, Karna, Medb, Enkidu
Not Yet Released: Semiramis, Achilles
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 13:45   Link #217
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
CCC happens in the middle of Extra so the former isn't exactly the sequel of the latter. It'll have to be after Extra if they're continuing the story. I reeeeaaallly need to finish the CCC route.
Yeah, me too... I'm just too lazy to look up the kanji for it. I wish I had scripts like in FGO.
Old 2016-04-13, 13:47   Link #218
Brother Coa
Banned

Isn' CCC after the ending of Extra?

Where player is

Spoiler for S:

This is highly impractical because they will literally force people to play original game to follow the storyline, never mind that CCC was never released in English...
Old 2016-04-13, 15:15   Link #219
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
-_-

Why is it so hard to just do the original Extra games storyline?
Reading the report written on Yaraon! it looks like it'll be the vanilla EXTRA with some variations:

Quote:
無印EXTRAのアニメ化ではあるが、詳しくはまだ言えない
CCC is mentioned only when discussing EXTELLA, from what I read.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 15:27   Link #220
Brother Coa
Banned

Holy Terra yes, the most logical thing in the end.

Vanila Extra with small variations? Sounds a lot like DEEN's FSN. xD

And Nasu was probably called to actually write a continuing story because they probably don't want to present it as monster hunting dungeon RPG.