AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-07, 22:28   Link #201
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
It would happen probably at episode 3 or 4 after the fight with Hattori; as for people screaming gary stu; ahhhh.....i dont know where they even got the idea...did someone spoil them or something cuz ep 1 doesnt even scream anything that relates gary stu.
Oh that scene. i forgot it happened and had to reread. I didn't imagine that the surge of psion was that deadly but maybe i was underestimating it.

kind of unfortunate we will lost a lot of people by enrollment though. The story has just begun!
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 22:29   Link #202
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
About that. A little off topic... but, how do you feel about them locking down the general Mahouka LN discussion thread?

Personally I feel like it's a great place for LN readers and fans to gather and just discuss without having to worry about spoiling people or constantly defending this series.
Well, obviously I regret the general thread's closure, though I accept that the Mods have their reasons. But I'm glad to see that more and more people are filtering back into this thread. I mean the difference between the (originial) LN thread and anime threads is that here you have people who are genuinely passionate about Mahouka, for various reasons; whether it's Lucarion's mini-essays about Tatsuya=Shiva or Lord help us all, pampz's constant Erika fanboyism. I'd rather discuss these things rather than be in the thread where you see LN readers spending half the time trying to defend the novel but getting their posts deleted, because spoilers.

I do think by the time Enrollment finishes though, the crowd will have thinned out quite a bit. But by then we (LNers) will probably be in the midst of discussing Vol 13, so I don't see myself needing to post outside this sub-forum that much when it comes to Mahouka.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 22:42   Link #203
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
Well, if they knew the guy in the beginning was Tatsuya, they would begin to have such feelings. The first scene was a mistake, imo.
Wow Ill be damn they were smart to figure out that was Tatsuya? But nuking a fleet doesnt make you strong....Uncle Sam nuke JP afterall....that doesnt make uncle Sam; gary stu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Isn't it an eroge? Why "watch", it is supposed to be "play".
Its both its transformation(henshin or was it hentai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Oh that scene. i forgot it happened and had to reread. I didn't imagine that the surge of psion was that deadly but maybe i was underestimating it.

kind of unfortunate we will lost a lot of people by enrollment though. The story has just begun!
Dont be sad by losing some peasants....its a small sacrifice later on they get to see a date scene and try to say they are OTP and would later shout Harem harem!

Then next others will come and ask hows Tatsuya relationship and who are his harem members and I would gladly teach them =)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 22:46   Link #204
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

So... what is the schedule for the next episode?
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 22:55   Link #205
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Well, obviously I regret the general thread's closure, though I accept that the Mods have their reasons. But I'm glad to see that more and more people are filtering back into this thread. I mean the difference between the (originial) LN thread and anime threads is that here you have people who are genuinely passionate about Mahouka, for various reasons; whether it's Lucarion's mini-essays about Tatsuya=Shiva or Lord help us all, pampz's constant Erika fanboyism. I'd rather discuss these things rather than be in the thread where you see LN readers spending half the time trying to defend the novel but getting their posts deleted, because spoilers.

I do think by the time Enrollment finishes though, the crowd will have thinned out quite a bit. But by then we (LNers) will probably be in the midst of discussing Vol 13, so I don't see myself needing to post outside this sub-forum that much when it comes to Mahouka.
Well said. Maybe once things quiet down a bit we can go back to our usual discussions...er minus the ship-talks. Hopefully we'll gain some new fans once the anime finishes too .
TonyC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 02:02   Link #206
Echizen777

I want a general thread too. Threads aren't only for asking questions or discussing about a single topic. The thread for anime only viewers is a mess, full of spoilers, spoiler baits, many viewers obviously know some future events, posting that Tatsuya is a Stu and is OP, discussing if it's incest, harem or not after just 1 episode.

At least on a general thread we can discuss about trivial things like that and we are almost all, if not all up to date, discussing about this on other threads would be off topic. Anime viewers can do things that we are not allowed to do.

And of course, this comment is off topic too, same as many other posts.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 04:03   Link #207
RDNexus

I haven't had the time yet to read the LN, as I've been dedicating my Non-Anime Viewing Time to writing my original Novel Series, but I've been reading both Rettousei & Yuutousei Mangas and I've been enjoying both.
I'm here because I have no problem with spoilers and I wanna know from LNers how's the adaption faring.
But I'm planning to read at least LN Chapters 00-02 (thanks for the intel) so as to check by myself how it did go
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 04:33   Link #208
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I want a general thread too. Threads aren't only for asking questions or discussing about a single topic. The thread for anime only viewers is a mess, full of spoilers, spoiler baits, many viewers obviously know some future events, posting that Tatsuya is a Stu and is OP, discussing if it's incest, harem or not after just 1 episode.
I actually give the mods credit for trying to keep the thread clean as possible. If you're checking other anime boards - which are now a totally murderous cesspool in a warzone - you'll appreciate that the anime thread is a pond of serenity and civility over here.

Can't be helped. Most-hyped show at the moment is a target that MUST be attacked by the haters club. And it's true that in the eyes of the oblivious and impatient, episode 1 is underwhelming. Makes for flamewars galoere.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 07:16   Link #209
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Well, i'm pissed.
Spoiler for big rant, you have been warned:

My thread is closed by mods for their sake, this ensures a retribution!!!

I don't like it either bietchie, but I do think we should care about what the anime viewers think. The anime is here to bring in new fans, fans who might have the power to buy stuff--the novels, the BluRays, the official merchandise--and so support the creators of our beloved series. But there are people who haven't even read the novels or finished the mangas who spread lies about this series; people who most likely just read something from some thread and parrots it around believing it to be fact. (I'll never forgive that poster who compared Mahouka to Atlas Shrugged, the bloody bastard...) These people are turning off potential fans from the series, and so I believe we should do something about it.

We can't eliminate haters, but I think we can do some damage control. So that less people would get turned off by the series and more people will be inclined to try it out. When we see someone say something we know to be wrong about the series: we need to act respectful, patient, and gently show them why they are wrong to think that way. We must hint of the awesome that is to come: we do not spoil, but there is always a way to phrase one's words to suit one's purposes. We need tell people about the awesome Mahouka has to offer while still being vague about it. We must encourage them to stick with this series, because we know the payoff will be worth it. The way I see it, the first 6 episodes are going to be a nightmare for us--the hate will begin to grow more subdued once the 9 Schools Arc ends, and will begin to die if we hit the end of Yokohama. Even I recognize that the Enrollment Arc is the slowest and probably the weakest arc in Mahouka. It is only with the light shed from the future arcs that I began to realize the genius of how it set up all the other arcs that came after it.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 07:57   Link #210
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
I don't like it either bietchie, but I do think we should care about what the anime viewers think. The anime is here to bring in new fans, fans who might have the power to buy stuff--the novels, the BluRays, the official merchandise--and so support the creators of our beloved series. But there are people who haven't even read the novels or finished the mangas who spread lies about this series; people who most likely just read something from some thread and parrots it around believing it to be fact. (I'll never forgive that poster who compared Mahouka to Atlas Shrugged, the bloody bastard...) These people are turning off potential fans from the series, and so I believe we should do something about it.

We can't eliminate haters, but I think we can do some damage control. So that less people would get turned off by the series and more people will be inclined to try it out. When we see someone say something we know to be wrong about the series: we need to act respectful, patient, and gently show them why they are wrong to think that way. We must hint of the awesome that is to come: we do not spoil, but there is always a way to phrase one's words to suit one's purposes. We need tell people about the awesome Mahouka has to offer while still being vague about it. We must encourage them to stick with this series, because we know the payoff will be worth it. The way I see it, the first 6 episodes are going to be a nightmare for us--the hate will begin to grow more subdued once the 9 Schools Arc ends, and will begin to die if we hit the end of Yokohama. Even I recognize that the Enrollment Arc is the slowest and probably the weakest arc in Mahouka. It is only with the light shed from the future arcs that I began to realize the genius of how it set up all the other arcs that came after it.
Depends. If you hold the view that Tatsuya is a Gary Stu MC from the start, the 9SC and Yokohama are just going to make it worse. But TBH, I'm more concerned about the Japanese, not the Western anime audience; because ultimately that's the audience Madhouse and the author is going to care about more, especially in terms of BD sales and the like.

Last edited by Verisimilitude; 2014-04-08 at 08:10.
Old 2014-04-08, 08:31   Link #211
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Depends. If you hold the view that Tatsuya is a Gary Stu MC from the start, the 9SC and Yokohama are just going to make it worse. But TBH, I'm more concerned about the Japanese, not the Western anime audience; because ultimately that's the audience Madhouse and the author is going to care about more, especially in terms of BD sales and the like.
Considering Tatsuya as a Stu(thing that you should not even consider if you know nothing at all about the LN) and hating the series is different.
They can hate him as much they want, we all have our favorite characters but saying that the series sucks, is about incest and stuff because of only one episode is really annoying. The series was the most awaited at Japan and the LN is one of the most popular I don't worry much about the sales.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 09:36   Link #212
millie10468

However, wouldn't it be better to not try and explain things with words like "Wait for it" or "It gets better"? That's only opening a can of worms for ourselves if those future episodes fail to deliver. I think we're all assuming the anime will turn out exactly how we envision and while that's not necessarily bad, what if we're wrong? Then all we'll have to say about it is that, the source material is better, which opens up another huge war about the LN. You see what I'm getting at?

I feel like we should just hod our tongues for a while. After the first arc, we should have winnowed down the crowd to only people who are genuinely interested or who can't explain their presence by claiming to be "just watching the first few episodes to see what the hype is about." At that point, it should be a lot easier to clear up misunderstandings.

Am I saying something that's too stupid? I really don't want things to degenerate into a huge war with fans trying desperately to defend the anime and LN. Like I said in a different post, all most people remember about a flame war is the die-hard defense of fans and not that there were offense shots fired in the first place.
Just my 2 cents

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 09:42   Link #213
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
However, wouldn't it be better to not try and explain things with words like "Wait for it" or "It gets better"? That's only opening a can of worms for ourselves if those future episodes fail to deliver. I think we're all assuming the anime will turn out exactly how we envision and while that's not necessarily bad, what if we're wrong? Then all we'll have to say about it is that, the source material is better, which opens up another huge war about the LN. You see what I'm getting at?

I feel like we should just hod our tongues for a while. After the first arc, we should have winnowed down the crowd to only people who are genuinely interested or who can't explain their presence by claiming to be "just watching the first few episodes to see what the hype is about." At that point, it should be a lot easier to clear up misunderstandings.

Am I saying something that's too stupid? I really don't want things to degenerate into a huge war with fans trying desperately to defend the anime and LN. Like I said in a different post, all most people remember about a flame war is the die-hard defense of fans and not that there were offense shots fired in the first place.
Just my 2 cents

....You're right.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 09:58   Link #214
RDNexus

Quote:

Just my 2 cents
I agree just as much. As fans and the like, most of the time, we're usually appointed as the ones who might have started but mostly as the ones who've fed those flaming wars.
I'm usually one who majorly simply lurks the topics in search of answers to questions of mine or to point out doubts or short comments that I always hope not cause any kind of conflicts. But that's just me...
As I've already mentioned, as soon as I take a short break from writing I'll take a good look at the LNs but I'll still be around to read your comparisons about how the adaption is faring and check your opinions on it
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 10:09   Link #215
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
....You're right.
Lucarion, you were pretty good at only answering relevant questions on the other thread, and ignoring would-be trolls. So I think if we're able to make distinctions between genuinely interested people versus haters, we should probably take your advice and politely make explanations as needed. I especially like reading your well-thought out responses (seriously, I miss the old thread so I can imagine how good they will sound to those who really want to know. Of course, this distinction will be better made after the trolls and haters have drowned in a cesspit of their own vile vitriol(whoa, I must have been more pissed so far than I thought _

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 10:12   Link #216
Rava

You really can't even hint if you want to participate in the Anime thread.

On the bright side, anyone claiming that Tatsuya is like Kirito without providing evidence from the episode is clearly using spoiler information not in the anime, and should probably be reported right away.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 10:28   Link #217
Verisimilitude

As I was saying in the Anime Thread, I'm actually liking Miyuki more and more since the anime started airing. I didn't dislike her or anything at first, but seeing her moments with Tatsuya being animated makes me go "awww" rather than the feelings of annoyance and hatred among many posters in that thread. Maybe it's a subconcious reaction to all the fracas going on over there?
Old 2014-04-08, 10:34   Link #218
pampz21
ShipCore

But wow...such hate in just one episode! Those guys pretty much lack patience and time to hate something from seeing 1 episode

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 10:53   Link #219
HypeDemolition

Quote:
But wow...such hate in just one episode! Those guys pretty much lack patience and time to hate something from seeing 1 episode
Probably because the series has so much hype behind it, people who had no previous knowledge of it for some reason were expecting the first episode to blow them away. Apparently a series that's hyped up isn't allowed to slowly introduce and build upon its story? It's supposed to immediately explain everything to you, while somehow developing characters, and having great action all in 23 or so minutes lol. Then when they comment on how it was a boring episode or looked to be like a generic harem start (which I don't think anyone can argue that it doesn't seem that way from the first episode) the overly defensive fans who for some reason felt the series popularity was in trouble jumped in aggressively trying to deny any bad accusations while throwing out spoilers or annoying hints instead of leaving it to the story, which made it look like they don't have much faith in the story itself lol.

I don't think a lot of people will truly drop the series so quick, and even if some do after a while when more of the story is out there and becomes more exciting they'll probably end up checking it out again and most will be surprised by what it turned out to be like. I seen someone use steins gate as an example and thought that was a pretty good one since I dropped steins gate myself after the first few episodes because I found it boring, after a while I kept hearing more about it and decided to give it another go and ended up enjoying it quite a bit. I think LN readers should just sit back and let the story correct the misconceptions itself unless someone asks them directly lol.
HypeDemolition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 11:39   Link #220
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I know it's real shocking how much hate generated from one episode but there is not much we can really do about people that seem to have expected a perfect episode where everything is clear. We also cant really do much about the people that seem to think they can predict how the series will be based on something from the first episode. As stated above we should really just wait for the people that decide to stick around and are showing an actual interest in the show.