AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-09-01, 15:27   Link #201
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I want to see the keeper of magical library in full battle!!!

Her fight with Styl is so short. SPELL SPAM SPELL SPAM SPELL SPAM!!!!

That's why i kinda like to ascend when he make Index spell spam.

I want to see Index go Marisa or Nanoha. You can say its one of my dreams
It's nice to see that you liked that part of my story.

I, too, want to see Index pulling off giant laser beams of destruction. Particularly like what Ramiel did in Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0.

Tell me with a straight face that you don't want to see Index firing a laser that could turn a mountain to slag.
Old 2013-09-01, 15:44   Link #202
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
It's nice to see that you liked that part of my story.

I, too, want to see Index pulling off giant laser beams of destruction. Particularly like what Ramiel did in Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0.

Tell me with a straight face that you don't want to see Index firing a laser that could turn a mountain to slag.
melted ore? cinders or left behind ore that result from extreme heat.

Two word for Index: SPELL SPAM

beam is nice but I can see her using illusions to torture, summoning eldritch abomination, to beam that turn opponent to cinders. The dragon breath range is a good example. It shoot down a freaking satellite. She can also rip space/time for defense. Look at St. George’s Sanctuary its both defense and offense. Creating cracks in space for dragon's breath. It also serve as defense because Index is behind a different space/realm.
Old 2013-09-01, 15:48   Link #203
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
melted ore? cinders or left behind ore that result from extreme heat.

Two word for Index: SPELL SPAM

beam is nice but I can see her using illusions to torture, summoning eldritch abomination, to beam that turn opponent to cinders. The dragon breath range is a good example. It shoot down a freaking satellite. She can also rip space/time for defense. Look at St. George’s Sanctuary its both defense and offense. Creating cracks in space for dragon's breath. It also serve as defense because Index is behind a different space/realm.
Considering what grimoires she has in her head, it's pretty obvious that there's more to the crazy stuff she can do than just a beam spam. As much as I would love a Starlight Breaker-esque attack repeating over and over, I really want to see what else she can do besides Beam Spamming and whatever she did during WWIII.
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 15:50   Link #204
omega253

I just got an image in my head of Index summoning a Jaeger from Pacific Rim. Is that good or bad?
Old 2013-09-01, 15:56   Link #205
tsunade666

Index has necronomicon. I can imagine Index summon space monster abomination that will wreck the minds of lesser beings.
Old 2013-09-01, 15:59   Link #206
omega253

We don't know whether it is the original genuine article or just several of the false copies that were incorrectly replicated.

Didn't Index say that it was unreliable in Volume 1 when she gave the small exposition on grimoires?
Old 2013-09-01, 16:04   Link #207
tsunade666

^yes, she did. But the methods are there and there are other grimoires to fill in the blanks or create a whole new terror. its a 103000 grimoires. Who says there isn't anything there that can't do the worst. The grimoires included in Index has even divine spell like divine punishment but just like divine punishment. It hasn't has the full details on it. Some spells are well guarded and they probably just allow her a glimpse of it.

Index is truly a wasted material in Tamni which is why I kinda like the idea in "In Memoriam" that index can cast spell but he limits it with her mana use. Plus I also like Index in civilian clothes
Old 2013-09-01, 16:12   Link #208
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

If Index somehow managed to crack the code of the Book of the Law...

Hell on Earth.

Also, to the person who said 'fridge logic', well, you got it wrong. Don't you see how, despite being a Majin, Othinus still stick to the Idol Theory? How she used a dwarf to forge her weapon, like how Norse gods did? 9 is also a sacred number in Norse Mythology, remember Odin hung himself on one of Yggdrasil's branch for 9 days and 9 nights to gain wisdom, and he learned the 18 (9x9) runes of power. If she truly wants her full power, Othinus is obligated to stick to Idol Theory until the very end.

And, of course, people always conveniently forget her 50/50 restriction when they ask "Why doesn't she just do that?".

Also, what about GREMLIN's army of Artificial Valkyries and Eijenhars? Pretty sure they can use it to stall time for Othinus to be synched...
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 16:20   Link #209
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron-Zara View Post

Didn't expect Ollerus to be "Killed?"
His fate can be called worse than death.

Quote:
wow.... nice spoiler.

Kakine is really hax but why was he trashed by rensa >_> the fight between beetle kakine, touma and rensa while awesome has left many doubts on the power of kakine but now.... trashing Ollerus. Kakine is really broken.
Kakine can go all out without having his superpowered evil side breaking free. What fought against Ollerus was evil Kakine.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 16:23   Link #210
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
If Index somehow managed to crack the code of the Book of the Law...

Hell on Earth.

Also, to the person who said 'fridge logic', well, you got it wrong. Don't you see how, despite being a Majin, Othinus still stick to the Idol Theory? How she used a dwarf to forge her weapon, like how Norse gods did? 9 is also a sacred number in Norse Mythology, remember Odin hung himself on one of Yggdrasil's branch for 9 days and 9 nights to gain wisdom, and he learned the 18 (9x9) runes of power. If she truly wants her full power, Othinus is obligated to stick to Idol Theory until the very end.

And, of course, people always conveniently forget her 50/50 restriction when they ask "Why doesn't she just do that?".

Also, what about GREMLIN's army of Artificial Valkyries and Eijenhars? Pretty sure they can use it to stall time for Othinus to be synched...
So a Majin is still constrained by the Idol Theory? Huh.....

And yeah, the thought of Index using the Book of Law can be rather terrifying.
Old 2013-09-01, 16:34   Link #211
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13;48151&gt View Post
Considering what grimoires she has in her head, it's pretty obvious that there's more to the crazy stuff she can do than just a beam spam. As much as I would love a Starlight Breaker-esque attack repeating over and over, I really want to see what else she can do besides Beam Spamming and whatever she did during WWIII.
And she just happens to have the ability to recreate legendary weapons.

> According to Birdway, there is still a way to oppose a true magic god, but she won’t say what it is.

Answer: Another Magic God.

Spoiler for .:

So who in the series so far has the qualities to become one or its equivalent?
Old 2013-09-01, 16:37   Link #212
mark1246

Quote:

And why are people concerning Mikoto? people should be concerning on Ollerus!!!
People are concern about Mikoto THEN OLLERUS or Othinus THE MAIN PROBLEM, is because WE are mature Adults & teenagers and intelligent people that we can see how this is gonna end: GOOD ALWAYS WIN..WHY BECAUSE EVIL IS STUPID (Can't wait for someone to get that reference )

But all joke aside, Kamachi still has 10...no 15-20 volume left BEFORE he can offically finish Index, So i CANT seeing Touma die (for Ollerus, we can't tell) and people like slice of like moments with touma X Misaka like vol 12, shame we dont have more of those. And for when the series might end, it might be either People will start to lose interest or the author want to start making a new series /which I hope it not the reason why, because people WILL want him to do more of this series.....Wow now i know how Kojima feel about being trap in Metal Gear.

PLUS WE STILL HAVE that Popular Thread right now About Touma & Misaki Past (which for the life of me, should be cover in the Railgun Manga, though i wish it was cover in the LN because it can be flesh out in detail then 20-40pg a month in manga form) Which Kamachi still has to cover, & Touma Finally....Yes people, i want some girl ....well not any girl.....hope it Misaka......but Any girl to finally confess to Touma and kiss him ( i'm the romance kind of guy)

Any thoughts of this? and can't wait for vol 9 in Jan or March of 2014
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 16:39   Link #213
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Answer: Another Magic God.
This gives me the idea that they will send Index to fight her
Old 2013-09-01, 16:39   Link #214
omega253

Index is a potential Majin candidate if Kamachi finally decides to have her use those screwy books in her food-obsessed noggin.
Old 2013-09-01, 16:43   Link #215
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
PLUS WE STILL HAVE that Popular Thread right now About Touma & Misaki Past (which for the life of me, should be cover in the Railgun Manga, though i wish it was cover in the LN because it can be flesh out in detail then 20-40pg a month in manga form) Which Kamachi still has to cover, & Touma Finally....Yes people, i want some girl ....well not any girl.....hope it Misaka......but Any girl to finally confess to Touma and kiss him ( i'm the romance kind of guy)
I don't know about you guys but why are you guys so hung up in romance anyway?

I know I cheer for Misaki but I don't think Kamachi will take to romance route. Its just isn't in his style. Look at his other works. Heck, look at A simple monitoring

I want another heavy object. Is there news for heavy object? I miss those stupid duo doing mission impossible.
Old 2013-09-01, 16:49   Link #216
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

This series isn't about romance. The plot is priority till the end. Keep that stuff at comedic level and minimal.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 16:55   Link #217
Miraluka
Banned

Some people are that weird. The world is ending in 9 days!... however... hurr durr Kamikoto hurr durr.

Seriously?

EDIT:

Spoiler for Spoilers: Fiamma's whereabouts:

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-09-01 at 17:08.
Old 2013-09-01, 17:10   Link #218
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Some people are that weird. The world is ending in 9 days!... however... hurr durr Kamikoto hurr durr.

Seriously?

EDIT:

Spoiler for Spoilers: Fiamma's whereabouts:
Oh my god, lol.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 17:16   Link #219
Flere821
Lurker

Nice to see more spoilers

And every time people mention Mikoto and romance, I'm reminded of A Certain Collab:
Quote:
"I have only 12 volumes, but it has developed to this stage. While you have 22 volumes, 2 gaiden books, 7 New Testament volumes, 1 additional side story book, 3 anime seasons, 8 new gaiden volumes. Yet, where are you now?"
Her entire face reddened, Mikoto trembled and gathered her courage to reply:
"We had first contact in volume 1 of the Railgun series!"
"Liar. You only tried to shock him."
"We had an overseas trip! Hawaii!"
"That was just a terrorist attack, wasn't it?"
"!!!!!"
"You didn't even manage to give him the ring, did you?"
"!!!!!!!!!"
"Still want to continue?"
"......"
Mikoto as a serious love interest is pretty much gone, both for meta-reasons such as this SS and for in-story reasons; seriously, I think Levinia might have a better chance of ending up with Touma than Mikoto with how they're interacting
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 17:20   Link #220
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Oh my god, lol.
Or this after WWIII: Fiamma of the Dog House.

Its been 2 years since vol.21, wow.
Spoiler for space:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Nice to see more spoilers

And every time people mention Mikoto and romance, I'm reminded of A Certain Collab:

Mikoto as a serious love interest is pretty much gone, both for meta-reasons such as this SS and for in-story reasons; seriously, I think Levinia might have a better chance of ending up with Touma than Mikoto with how they're interacting
The first phase of acceptance is denial(?)

Tags
complete magic god, end of the world, magic god, off-screen fights, othinus