AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-06, 01:13   Link #201
BlueDanube

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Yes it does, it has limited range
Tatsuya's new Gram Demolitiion " Far Strike " has long range.
BlueDanube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 02:01   Link #202
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDanube View Post
Tatsuya's new Gram Demolitiion " Far Strike " has long range.
please quote source, i don't remember reading this
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 02:03   Link #203
Kokus

there is actually another weakness to GD and even FS has the same flaw , they both need high amounts of psion's. and yes before you say it tat's has a high psion count but they(FS/GD) waste
a lot of it nonetheless.
in a battle aganst someone with a high psion count or a large group of persons ( an army) somthing like wasting resources (psion's) is a no go .
Kokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 02:36   Link #204
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokus View Post
there is actually another weakness to GD and even FS has the same flaw , they both need high amounts of psion's. and yes before you say it tat's has a high psion count but they(FS/GD) waste
a lot of it nonetheless.
in a battle aganst someone with a high psion count or a large group of persons ( an army) somthing like wasting resources (psion's) is a no go .
I hope that the whole objective of tats and tomitsukas fight is to him develop a magic that solves that problem.
Athough it was a stupid fight, if tomitsukas psion cloud situation ends up being used for tats developing non sistematic magic that makes groups of psions expand and disagroup i think it was a rather necessary fight. If you remember the fight tats was actually trying to expand the psion cloud and then in this vol, according to the spoilers there was a sollution for tomitsuka's zero range called something blast. As it was probably tats that developed it for him it would be normal for him to be able to at least blast activation sequences and maybe magic sequences (blast meaning to make the psion sequence expand and desagregate).
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 03:21   Link #205
Kokus

@diocar
you are right about the fact that the psion armor would be a good defensive option for tat's but it still loses in comperisson to GDispersion .
the psion armor (or contact type GD) is uneffective against magics wich target objects/surroundings and thus indirectly effect tat's as seen in the fight against tomitsuka .
well as long as he has to hide his gramm dispersion it would be a fairly good technique for tatsuya nonetheless.(might be nice if he could do it for school battles or the like, but it is rater unlikely that he will learn/use it.)
Old 2014-05-06, 04:45   Link #206
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
@diocar
you are right about the fact that the psion armor would be a good defensive option for tat's but it still loses in comperisson to GDispersion .
the psion armor (or contact type GD) is uneffective against magics wich target objects/surroundings and thus indirectly effect tat's as seen in the fight against tomitsuka .
well as long as he has to hide his gramm dispersion it would be a fairly good technique for tatsuya nonetheless.(might be nice if he could do it for school battles or the like, but it is rater unlikely that he will learn/use it.)
Do you think it would work against Fumiya's Mental Interference Magic? If it does that would make Tomitsuka quite the trump card for Monolith Code... With some help from Tatsuya he would be Hax as a defender I think... 1st high isn't out of the game yet... If they even feature 9SC for 3rd year, though I sincerely doubt things will be that peaceful then..
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 05:01   Link #207
Echizen777

FS is a psion bullet so it's long range, he targeted USNA soldiers like that. FS doesn't cancel magic like the Gram spells he never did something like that. Tatsuya and his father have probably the highest Psion count in the world but since Tomi can use GD continuously it must be high as well. Idk why you think he found a magic to beat his armor though. GD is the ultimate counter magic, he just needs to continuously break it, it's not as if Tomitsuka was invincible. Tatsuya himself is BS so create a new magic that he will be able to use efficiently to beat GD is impossible. GD isn't a magic which can be beaten like that.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 06:07   Link #208
Kokus

first thing about FS (straight out of the mahouka wiki)

Far Strike is a form of Gram Demolition developed by Tatsuya, but it works on the Information Dimension rather than the physical realm. It is a compressed psion bullet that targets not only Activation Sequences but the spell caster as well. It was designed specifically to target the Parasites from the Visitor Arc.

second thing
@kazakiri
that heavily depends on the question "where is the soul ?"
inside the body ? in the information dimension ?

the other question is got it stated somewere which magic fumiya used ?
poisonous bee or some kind of different magic ? as far as i remember isn't p-bee suposed to amplify the pain the opponent feels?(wouldn't something like that be to risky(we already know it can kill)/ against certain moral code's (for example the one why ichihara isn't ichihana animore..)

(ps sorry about the whole bunch of qustion in there ^^°)
Old 2014-05-06, 06:08   Link #209
Diocar

I never said that tats should use the psion armor lol. I said that he could develop a technique for expanding a group of psions, because as seen in tomitsuka's fight he can t decompose psions If they aren t organized in some way. Besides, during the fight his objective was to expand tomi's psion cloud, so after some time training he could have achieved it.
And btw, tomitsuka's psion cloud should protect him from any direct magical attack on his body, including Fumiya's Mental Interference magic as long as the pressure/concentration of psions in his armor is enough to counter the magic sequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
FS is a psion bullet so it's long range, he targeted USNA soldiers like that. FS doesn't cancel magic like the Gram spells he never did something like that. Tatsuya and his father have probably the highest Psion count in the world but since Tomi can use GD continuously it must be high as well. Idk why you think he found a magic to beat his armor though. GD is the ultimate counter magic, he just needs to continuously break it, it's not as if Tomitsuka was invincible. Tatsuya himself is BS so create a new magic that he will be able to use efficiently to beat GD is impossible. GD isn't a magic which can be beaten like that.
Haven t we talked about FS and GD? Anyways they are both psion bullets the only diference is that FS hits the targets through the information dimension and GD not. And FS has been used against activation sequences, i am just not sure If it has been used against magic sequences, but i can t think of a reason why it shouldn t work. Can you?
Another thing, i was talking about tats using oscilatory non sistematic magic like he used in the fight. The only diference is that now the magic would actually have a significant effect instead of expanding the psion cloud only a little. And If you read the fight with tomitsuka, the fact that the armor actually expands is proof it is possible to at least blast tomi's GD by expanding his armor.
Old 2014-05-06, 06:38   Link #210
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
the other question is got it stated somewere which magic fumiya used ?
poisoned bee or some kind of different magic ? as far as i remember isn't p-bee suposed to amplify the pain the opponent feels?(wouldn't something like that be to risky(we already know it can kill)/ against certain moral code's (for example the one why ichihara isn't ichihana animore..)

(ps sorry about the whole bunch of qustion in there ^^°)
Actually Poisoned Bees is described as 'Sensory Interference Magic' instead of 'Mental Interference Magic', whether it's a translation error or not who knows really..

Spoiler for Suzune's Magic:

If we are to interpret that as 'Sensory Interference' being different from 'Mental Interference' it becomes even more complicated.

Also I doubt Fumiya would actually use 'Poisoned Bees' in the 9SC. It's either a scaled down version or something quite different.

Spoiler for Grim Reaper:

Spoiler for Poisoned Bees:
Old 2014-05-06, 07:39   Link #211
Echizen777

Yes, he used it on activation sequences, everybody can do this to stop an attack. FS is an invisible psion bullet even thiugh it's another form of GD the effects are too different. I am not sure GD armor can block Mental magic, they work with Pushion I think.
Old 2014-05-06, 08:27   Link #212
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
Yes, he used it on activation sequences, everybody can do this to stop an attack. FS is an invisible psion bullet even thiugh it's another form of GD the effects are too different. I am not sure GD armor can block Mental magic, they work with Pushion I think.
Spoiler for Volume 1 Psions and Pushions:

Spoiler for Volume 9 Pushions and Brain:

Spoiler for Parasites Magic:

These are the easily understood definitions of Pushions I can find in all 12 volumes

As again the spoilers may be confusing, but then Parasites can't live without Pushions. That's the reason they need a Human Host. If Pushions are related to emotion as was stated in volume 1 it would explain Pixie's link to Honoka, and the reason for the colors of 'Spirits' in SB magic.

Spoiler for Parasites:

While the target maybe a 'Pushion Information Body' it doesn't change the fact that magic uses psions.

Spoiler for Psions and Parasites:

Even though magic was released by the Pushions (The thinking core) it still had to use Psions (Thought and Intention)
Old 2014-05-06, 08:52   Link #213
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Far strike

Spoiler for quote from volume 11 chapter 13:

so no it has same effect as normal GD and much more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakiri View Post
Actually Poisoned Bees is described as 'Sensory Interference Magic' instead of 'Mental Interference Magic', whether it's a translation error or not who knows really..

Spoiler for Suzune's Magic:

If we are to interpret that as 'Sensory Interference' being different from 'Mental Interference' it becomes even more complicated.

Also I doubt Fumiya would actually use 'Poisoned Bees' in the 9SC. It's either a scaled down version or something quite different.

Spoiler for Grim Reaper:

Spoiler for Poisoned Bees:
Basically tatsuya is quite resistant to kuroba magic since his pain threshold is probably insane because of his regrowth magic

Quote:
a lot of it nonetheless.
GD is just one of his counter magics, he uses it for his cover most of the time. Don't get me wrong GD is very powerful and would be more useful in single combat especially the far strike variantbut when dealing with numbers, he has gram dispersion which is far more effective then GD and can target a lot more sequences at the same time and its cost in psions is negligible compared to his psion count.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 09:19   Link #214
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
Far strike

Spoiler for quote from volume 11 chapter 13:

so no it has same effect as normal GD and much more.

Basically tatsuya is quite resistant to kuroba magic since his pain threshold is probably insane because of his regrowth magic

GD is just one of his counter magics, he uses it for his cover most of the time. Don't get me wrong GD is very powerful and would be more useful in single combat especially the far strike variantbut when dealing with numbers, he has gram dispersion which is far more effective then GD and can target a lot more sequences at the same time and its cost in psions is negligible compared to his psion count.
Far strike didn't actually counter Tomitsukas GD armor though. Tomitsuka cast that puppet spell to improve his physical abilities, and the puppet spell was vulnerable to Far Strike, when Tatsuya used Far strike to blow that away, it knocked Tomitsuka out.

Far Strike didn't pierce the GD armor so much as it bypassed it, and it was only used because the puppet spell resembled the Parasites possesion.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 09:23   Link #215
hakazee

Quote:
However Mental Magic is also an Outer-Systematic and can be dispelled by Counter Magic.
For example Mitsugu's Poison bee, novel stated that it can be dispelled by counter magicm
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 09:39   Link #216
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Far Strike didn't pierce the GD armor so much as it bypassed it, and it was only used because the puppet spell resembled the Parasites possesion.
Rather, I think the reason he chose 'Far Strike' had less to do with Self Marrionette
and more to do with the fact that;

Spoiler for Pushion Core:

Contact-type Gram Demolition is similar to how a parasite is a pushion core surrounded by psions.
Old 2014-05-06, 09:48   Link #217
Diocar

Quote:
Far strike didn't actually counter Tomitsukas GD armor though. Tomitsuka cast that puppet spell to improve his physical abilities, and the puppet spell was vulnerable to Far Strike, when Tatsuya used Far strike to blow that away, it knocked Tomitsuka out.

Tomitsuka's armor isn t a spell so it can be countered. It is a huge concentration of psions that surround tomitsuka. The most he can do about it is to scatter the psions (he tried this in the fight) or forcefully break through the psion armor with really strong magic.
FS didn t bypass the armor because at the moment it didn t exist lol. After tomitsuka activated Self marionet the psions on his armor became organized and tats used gram dispersion to decompose the armor and aplied FS directly on tomitsuka.
However this fight is a bad example and there are a lot of confusing things that happen there, i seriously don t like it lol.
Old 2014-05-06, 09:50   Link #218
Echizen777

So Mental Interference magic doesn't consume Pushions, I see. But I wonder why Miyuki was so tired in vol 11 then? The PIB was big but she used Cocytus on 16 persons without problems or maybe her precedent attacks had consumed too much of her Psion Count?

For GD it's just as anonfr said, due to how it works SM would be vulnerable to FS. Contrary to GD, FS have effects on the human body sometimes. And no matter how high Tatsuya's PC is, there is no way he can form a bullet with as much psion pressure as the GD canon ball.
Old 2014-05-06, 09:51   Link #219
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakiri View Post
Rather, I think the reason he chose 'Far Strike' had less to do with Self Marrionette
and more to do with the fact that;

Spoiler for Pushion Core:

Contact-type Gram Demolition is similar to how a parasite is a pushion core surrounded by psions.
You're right, but that's not exactly my point either. "Since this armor has no "design", Tatsuya's Gram Dispersion was unable to affect it untill after Tomitsuka forced his Psions into an ordered structure."

When casting self marionette "The psions that surrounded the body are neat and orderly, recreating an untouchable Eidos that only suffered Self Marionette to pass."

Self Marionette allowed for attacks that initially wouldn't be effective.

Also, in the actual fight Tatsuya didn't use Far Strike to undo Tomitsuka's GD, he used far strike to attack self marionette directly, knocking Tomitsuka out by the whip lash.

So my point is, I think the evidence is too inconclusive to decide whether or not Far Strike can beat Gram Demolition, since that isn't what actually happened.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 09:53   Link #220
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:

i know that. Gd is a counter magic that's just a condense mass of psions that explode on impact to blow away the activation or magic sequence.

Off course it didn`t work on tomitsuka contact type GD because GD is not a spell it has no activation or magic sequence so there's nothing to blow away.

And he used far strike then because tomitsuka armor was gone,because he used that self marionette magic the formless armor he had before took a form that had a design and he used Gram Dispersal on that to blow it away then used Far Stike to knock him out.
Spoiler for volume 12 chapter 16:
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote