AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

Old 2022-05-19, 23:26   Link #201
Frontier

Can someone explain to me the difference between a Cardinal and a Vassal Hero?
Old 2022-05-20, 03:23   Link #202
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Is there even a Japanese equivalent term for "legal loli"?
Just the English word legal iirc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The vassal weapons are subservient to the cardinal weapons.

Cardinal weapons are stronger, can only be granted to chosen heroes summoned from various versions of Japan, and cannot invade other worlds.

Vassal weapons are weaker, can be granted to either summoned heroes or heroes selected from the world itself, and can invade other worlds.

Cardinal weapons also have various other aspects to them, such as them essentially being the world's keystones.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-20, 16:08   Link #203
cyberdemon

Quote:
Vassal weapons are lesser versions of the cardinal weapons. Cardinal weapons are chained to a world while vassal weapons can cross into other worlds is all that can be explained here. It’s hard to explain here because the light novels only explained them properly in the most recent volumes. Meaning theres lots of spoilers. You’re better off asking that in the web novel section.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2022-05-20 at 16:24.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-20, 18:34   Link #204
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I want to say it's just "legal loli" in katakana, but I don't recall. I know it's used in Steins;Gate 0 in regards to Hiyajo.
Okabe calls her "goho loli" (合法ロリ) in S;G Zero which I guess works but I haven't heard that often.
Spoiler for Steins;Gate 1:34:
Somehow considering Shield Pedo's party (loli collection) as a whole - in this case lolibaba seems more apropos.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-20, 20:39   Link #205
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Vassal weapons are lesser versions of the cardinal weapons. Cardinal weapons are chained to a world while vassal weapons can cross into other worlds is all that can be explained here. It’s hard to explain here because the light novels only explained them properly in the most recent volumes. Meaning theres lots of spoilers. You’re better off asking that in the web novel section.
And those Seven Star Heroes...who actually never showed up to help fight the Spirit Tortoise so I'm still not sure what they're even about .
Old 2022-05-20, 20:45   Link #206
cyberdemon

Quote:
And those Seven Star Heroes...who actually never showed up to help fight the Spirit Tortoise so I'm still not sure what they're even about .
We’ll need a season 4 to understand that
Old 2022-05-21, 16:41   Link #207
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

after this arc, im not sure I want a 3rd season, let alone a 4th
Old 2022-05-22, 02:13   Link #208
magnuskn

The third season already was confirmed with the second season, although probably both will be only one cour.

Also, while the spirit turtle arc was pretty "meh" overall (except Kyo, who is a pretty over the top good in his villain-ess... kinda what you'd expect from a demented evil Shiroe), the start we have now for the new arc was actually quite good.
Old 2022-05-22, 09:18   Link #209
Frontier

This definitely feels like it's shaping up to be a stronger arc than the Spirit Tortoise. I already care more about Kizuna than I did Ost .
Old 2022-05-22, 16:00   Link #210
cyberdemon

The spirit tortoise arc was just build up for this but they essentially cut out over half of volume 6’s content.
Old 2022-05-25, 08:29   Link #211
Frontier

If there's one thing Raphtalia can appreciate about being a loli again, it's getting princess carried, doted on, and in general being super adorable .

It must be nice for Naofumi to have a fellow Japanese person he can actually talk to and get along with, and whom understands his references to their homeland and fantasy conventions (I forgot elves aren't a thing in this universe). Which is all the more relevant when we're they're at is like feudal Japan .

We finally learn what races Therese and Glass are, races that only exist in that world, and why Glass is so powerful since she's a Spirit person. I guess she's kind of like a Japanese Yokai, except more alive ?

Naofumi back to doing what he does best, being a salesman and making money through supply and demand, although this was probably Naofumi at his most hammy. And basically engineering Rishia's klutziness to help sell their product. Poor girl .

I guess it makes sense that since Naofumi even being in there isn't part of the game or a "bug" so two people from other games using items on each other would have vastly different effects .

Well, new location means new clothes, and the group (other than Kizuna) wear their new Japanese-style outfits quite well .

Raphtalia asking who looked the best in their new outfits and, of course, Naofumi just talks about the stats .

Well, no surprise that they're attempts to get a Dragon Hourglass to warp them to where Kizuna was summoned would turn into a trap, but luckily now that Raphtalia has a sword that actually fits her new size she can actually fight again .

This Kazuki guy seems as arrogant and cocky as Kyo, but that makes him perfect for Naofumi's sass. Of course the sass stops when it turns out Kyo had orchestrated all of this to have Raphtalia all to himself since she's not able to warp with them, leaving her alone against Kazuki and a bunch of guards with the prospect of Kyo experimenting on and abusing her. I know Raphtalia will fight to her last breath, but the prospects don't look good for her .
Old 2022-05-25, 08:31   Link #212
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
The spirit tortoise arc was just build up for this but they essentially cut out over half of volume 6’s content.
Spirit tortoise arc kinda sucked to begin with so it was no major loss.

I think I like the overall changes in Glass' world arc so far. Maximizing loli Raphtalia is the most important thing.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-25, 12:51   Link #213
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

How is Raphtalia mowing down all these guards at these low levels? Why is Kyo suddenly a god who sees and hears everything? And can mess with a hero's teleportation magic remotely? Since when can Erste Shield and Meteor Shield be used offensively?

And in exchange for these glaring plot holes, what do we get? A few scenes of Lolitalia being cute? What did any of this bs even add?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-25, 15:12   Link #214
Aogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
How is Raphtalia mowing down all these guards at these low levels?
Maybe they weren't very high leveled either? (Raphtalia was shown to be level 21) And it's not like we've ever seen any competent guard in the series either.

Quote:
Since when can Erste Shield and Meteor Shield be used offensively?
He was using them as basically moveable walls which I'm pretty sure has been done a number of times before.

Quote:
Why is Kyo suddenly a god who sees and hears everything? And can mess with a hero's teleportation magic remotely?
All that seems pretty tame compared to everything that he was doing in the spirit tortoise arc lol.

Quote:
And in exchange for these glaring plot holes, what do we get? A few scenes of Lolitalia being cute? What did any of this bs even add?
You just said it, the few scenes with smol Raphtalia and going by both this forum and other places the overwhelming majority seem to be in favor of that.

As long Raphtalia ultimately meets up with L'arc and the others it really doesn't matter what differences were made as you didn't even have 5 minutes worth of screen time with them in the source material for it to even matter at all.
Aogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-25, 15:18   Link #215
Lex79

Uhm, can't say I'm too enthusiast to the idea that we might have the rest of this season with neither Filo nor Raphtalia.
Old 2022-05-25, 15:36   Link #216
Frontier

I assume Raphtalia was able to handle those guards because she finally had a weapon that fit her new stature and even with her level reset she still has the combat training and experience she had in her adult form.
Old 2022-05-25, 17:36   Link #217
cyberdemon

Quote:
I assume Raphtalia was able to handle those guards because she finally had a weapon that fit her new stature and even with her level reset she still has the combat training and experience she had in her adult form.
Raphtalias stats don’t match her level due to enhancements through Naofumis slave shield.
Old 2022-05-25, 18:39   Link #218
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Raphtalia was way too cute in this episode.

The country they're in looking so much like feudal Japan probably means it was built by a former hero. Similarities are too big to be coincidental.
Old 2022-05-25, 19:21   Link #219
grecefar

why kyo kept raphtalia instead of rishia?, his beef is with her right?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-25, 19:49   Link #220
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Maybe this's their way to bring things back to the LN's path, at least in part? He's not supposed to have been with her yet, so this way he'll once more be separated from her and desperately looking for both of his "daughters".
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy