Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-05-15, 07:58   Link #201
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasuMasu View Post
Maybe they have and that's why they're trying again. Who knows.
After three shitty movies, of which one wasn't even released, I seriously doubt it.

Thankfully it's just one writer babbling and not the studio being completely idiotic.
Old 2016-05-15, 08:07   Link #202
HasuMasu
*Artist

I'm seriously excited at the possibility of a good or at least decent Fantastic Four movie.
Old 2016-05-15, 08:21   Link #203
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, now that Marvel has managed to snatch yet another Human Torch to be given a new (better?) role in the MCU, maybe we can just ignore Simon Kinberg's statement that they'll make more F4 movie with the current cast (not that they would reprise their roles, unless Fox offer something they can't refuse or blackmail them). .....Or Fox can remain stubborn and reboot F4 again with a whole new cast.

All in all, it seems playing Human Torch is a really good audition for a role in MCU
Old 2016-05-15, 14:04   Link #204
Dextro
He Without a Title

Agent Carter Canceled By ABC

It looks like this is it. Doesn't really surprise me after the lackluster second season but I was at least hoping for a third one where they managed to just about rush all the hanging plot points.

Oh well, the show has always disapointed by moving completely away from what everyone wanted (the establishment of SHIELD out of the SSR) and into pointless romance.
Old 2016-05-17, 22:48   Link #205
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Chloe Bennet Asks Why The Marvel Movies Won’t Acknowledge The TV Shows – At Wizard World Des Moines Comic Con
Old 2016-05-18, 08:01   Link #206
GDB

Because SHIELD is finished weeks ahead of airing (and the Netflix shows are so isolated that it'd be more stupid if the actions were widely known), while the movies are finished being scripted months/years before release. Is she really that stupid?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-18, 08:21   Link #207
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Cap being informed about Coulson's survival is long overdue though (and other small things the movies can do to acknowledge the TV series like, you know, mentioning them in passing or something). All in all, the TV division & Movie division need better cooperation if Marvel still want to retain their "It's all connected" slogan. It doesn't help that there's a strongly-implied internal feud between Feige & Perlmutter.
Old 2016-05-18, 08:31   Link #208
GDB

Blame the SHIELD writers then. They're the ones who had Coulson constantly telling anyone who might inform the Avengers to NOT inform them.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-18, 08:44   Link #209
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Blame the SHIELD writers then. They're the ones who had Coulson constantly telling anyone who might inform the Avengers to NOT inform them.
I think it goes both ways. The writers did that coz the Movie division has shown no sign of cooperating with the TV division when it comes to meshing/interconnecting their plots. So far, it's the TV writers who's doing the hardwork of researching the movie continuity and integrate it to their shows while the Movie division can just ignore whatever happened in the TV (so far).
Old 2016-05-21, 02:03   Link #210
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Michael Keaton Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ as The Vulture

Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson and Karl Urban confirmed for Thor: Ragnarok
Old 2016-05-22, 14:02   Link #211
BPD Renegade

Oh hell, I didn't realize Hela was going to be in this. Wonder if they're going to twist things around and pretend she's not the ruler of Hel, since they've been so adverse to acknowledging that Thor and Loki, etc. are gods. Also curious if the end result will bring this closer to the comics.
Spoiler for comics:
Looking at that concept art with Hela and the army, it could end up turning into another generic heroes vs. villain+army. The last two Thor movies have been pretty subpar, so not a lot of expectations going into this, despite hearing that it's going to be relevant to the MCU this time. I'll settle for being pleasantly surprised if it ends up actually being good.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 19:35   Link #212
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Batman -> Birdman -> Vulture

de-evolution of winged costumed freaks!
Old 2016-05-24, 23:29   Link #213
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Batman -> Birdman -> Vulture

de-evolution of winged costumed freaks!
I'm certainly for them going with the Vulture. The old villain vs young hero is an obvious point, but it could work pretty well. I just hope he turns out to be a really strong villain since I really want this reboot to work out.

Wonder if they will have Toomes be the original inventor of the Falcon suit? And this Vulture Suit being his efforts to take that design as far as he can.

I'm just curious where the story goes here.
Old 2016-05-25, 03:51   Link #214
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

We also are going to have Michael Keaton and RDJ in the same set, as RDJ will be in the Spider-man film.
...And they made fun of RDJ in the Birdman film, slammed him as a less talented actor in a tin suit.

I really hope they make some kind of in-joke about this in the movie.
Old 2016-05-25, 05:46   Link #215
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Aunt may getting younger each movie.. From 90 years old looking Grandma that about to dying soons > 50 years old looking grandma... Now, aunt may is unusually attractive Hot young MILF.... Hope l won't see 28 years old aunt may or loli aunt may in the future....
Old 2016-05-25, 11:15   Link #216
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

"Old ladies" look younger and younger all the time now. Someone who would realistically be an aunt (meaning sister to Peter's mother or father) probably wouldn't be much more than 30 years older than he is these days.

But back in the 1960s, when Spiderman first appeared, people of the pervious generation had had very rough lives and aged massively because of it. The "Little Old Lady" use to be in her 50s or 60s. Today, I've seem women in their 80s that are only starting to noticeably turn grey. My grandmother didn't really get noticeably grey until she was in her early 90s.
Old 2016-05-25, 14:17   Link #217
monster

Hair dyeing and plastic surgery may also help.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-25, 21:47   Link #218
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
"Old ladies" look younger and younger all the time now. Someone who would realistically be an aunt (meaning sister to Peter's mother or father) probably wouldn't be much more than 30 years older than he is these days.

But back in the 1960s, when Spiderman first appeared, people of the pervious generation had had very rough lives and aged massively because of it. The "Little Old Lady" use to be in her 50s or 60s. Today, I've seem women in their 80s that are only starting to noticeably turn grey. My grandmother didn't really get noticeably grey until she was in her early 90s.
Interesting point. My first reaction in the theater when I saw Marisa Tomei (who's currently 51) as Aunt May was "WTF?", mostly thanks to the comics and past depictions in films. Then I remembered that Peter is not even 20 in this new version of Spider-Man.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 19:09   Link #219
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

Tend to agree. Aunt May looking super old just feels normal since you have seen her like that all over the place (movies, tv, comics, etc.) But when you stop to think....older people don't look that much older these days. Someone who would be his Aunt and likely in her 50s or so...wouldn't look like she's 95.

Maybe back when Spidey was first introduced, but people do age much more gracefully these days.

In the end, she does look like she could be the Aunt of a teenager. It fits nicely.
Old 2016-05-26, 23:50   Link #220
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Since there's no comics thread afaik, has anybody seen the latest development for Cap? Hint, is ridiculously retarded

Tags
marvel cinematic universe