AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-18, 12:31   Link #201
zwartan

anyone know if the person who translated first 2 vols wil continue?
zwartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 13:21   Link #202
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Thank you for your insight!! So it's more than interest.
But what was wrong with Ais and why did she need healing?? Was her black flame her motivation to just get stronger? Was she harassed by lots of men?
Spiritual healing; yes, it is more than just interest, as seeing Bell calms her after the events of Oratoria 2 (explained few pages back). While I do disagree agree with iheartz on if Ais treats him like a little brother etc. (as I do believe her interest goes beyond platonic or sympathetic affection), I very much agree with iheartz that her interest might not be romantic yet (the feelings do not seem to be romantic from Bell's perspective, but we won't know for sure until we read the story from Ais' perspective).

Men don't dare to harass Ais, as not many are stronger than her.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 13:23   Link #203
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwartan View Post
anyone know if the person who translated first 2 vols wil continue?
Yes, they will. But they're dividing their attention between this LN and Hagure Yuusha. The schedule on their site says that they'll continue translating V3 from the 20th onward. So, just wait 2 more days or so.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 00:30   Link #204
noobarta

Quick clarification-So did all of the Loki Familia participate in killing Goliath? I think I saw bits and pieces where Finn asked for a shield(to protect Bell from a blow) of the amazoness supporter despite her saying it may break him.

Also, if the green haired one is Ryuu, then who's this? Is it another person, or Ryuu with her original hair color?

According to the translation Riveria has emerald hair hence why I thought it was her :L
Spoiler for Riveria description:

Spoiler for Hot elf:
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 08:30   Link #205
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
Quick clarification-So did all of the Loki Familia participate in killing Goliath? I think I saw bits and pieces where Finn asked for a shield(to protect Bell from a blow) of the amazoness supporter despite her saying it may break him.

Also, if the green haired one is Ryuu, then who's this? Is it another person, or Ryuu with her original hair color?

According to the translation Riveria has emerald hair hence why I thought it was her :L
Spoiler for Riveria description:

Spoiler for Hot elf:
I wish she was stacked a bit more but that's fine as it is.

also, to get Bell to piss off every guy there, he should be:

with a hot elf - "man we're so jelly of that kid"
with Hestia - "bro is that even legal? having that girl as his own?"
with Freyja - this would be the first time I'm gonna see a bakatest FFF inquisition happening in here.
Old 2014-07-22, 10:49   Link #206
John117xCortana

Who is that hot elf?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 12:31   Link #207
Miraluka
Banned

Sora from No game no Life would...:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora
I have simply tried this great sin through my brain, and based on my prejudiced decision alone, your veredict is fully and absolutely guilty, and you are henceforth sentenced to death!
By the laws of the galaxy, I will now obliterate you into the dust of the universe, gaaaahhhhh!!!”

Last edited by Flower; 2014-12-28 at 03:18.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 20:04   Link #208
kazzuya

So a partial translation of chapter 2 of volume 3 has been posted
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 05:15   Link #209
Velsy

I just read 14 chapters of the manga and have to say this is somewhat interesting, I am considering if should check the light novel.

But I have to say my biggest gripe which I hate the most, is the "main" character is chasing/obsessing over romance. I like romance where they have a "fated meeting" as if fate intertwines and crosses their paths together and everything begin from there... But from what is happening in the manga, hes just so obsessed with loving her not because she saved him, but because shes beautiful ? He doesnt even know ANYTHING about her. Yet he thinks he can love her and be by her side if he gets strong. Ok sure, its a natural reaction to like something thats beautiful. But if thats the case, then geez, grab a number and get in line with the other 100 or so guys already obsessing with the same thing. Theres nothing special and interesting to that.

And with the way thats set up, he doesnt even given any of the other girls a chance from the get go. Say for Hestia who appears to greatly care for him, Eina who has shown the most signs to liking him ? Or the new girl he met Ceal (I seriously am hoping shes something special, say like an exceptional Assassin with a dark history or carring a burdened sin or something like that. She did say that Mia Mama hires people even with a history) As for her reason getting close to Bell, I am really hoping its something like Freya, see saw through his potential talent. but since hes so obessing, these girl wont even get a look :/ That ticks me off too :/

So as you can see, I like stories of romance that have a bit of fate and momentum, its more romantic and interesting that way. Not someone who just obsesses for a pretty face (I already mentioned he doesn't even know anything about her right?). So thats my biggest gripe with it, and it may just be my personal preference.

Now that I got that out of the way, is it worth reading the light novel? How far has it been translated, is it on Bakatsuki? Is there a mystery to Ceal? (yes or no is a good answer so I wont be spoiled ). Just seems this story could be interesting apart from the gripe, but the manga looks like it will be a sloooow release.

Ah and I also liked the fact he was a coward, I even laughed when I saw its opening pages how he soiled himself. I did somewhat agree to half what the dogman was saying too. Tomato boy.. lol

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 05:41   Link #210
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I just read 14 chapters of the manga and have to say this is somewhat interesting, I am considering if should check the light novel.

But I have to say my biggest gripe which I hate the most, is the "main" character is chasing/obsessing over romance. I like romance where they have a "fated meeting" as if fate intertwines and crosses their paths together and everything begin from there... But from what is happening in the manga, hes just so obsessed with loving her not because she saved him, but because shes beautiful ? He doesnt even know ANYTHING about her. Yet he thinks he can love her and be by her side if he gets strong. Ok sure, its a natural reaction to like something thats beautiful. But if thats the case, then geez, grab a number and get in line with the other 100 or so guys already obsessing with the same thing. Theres nothing special and interesting to that.

And with the way thats set up, he doesnt even given any of the other girls a chance from the get go. Say for Hestia who appears to greatly care for him, Eina who has shown the most signs to liking him ? Or the new girl he met Ceal (I seriously am hoping shes something special, say like an exceptional Assassin with a dark history or carring a burdened sin or something like that. She did say that Mia Mama hires people even with a history) As for her reason getting close to Bell, I am really hoping its something like Freya, see saw through his potential talent. but since hes so obessing, these girl wont even get a look :/ That ticks me off too :/

So as you can see, I like stories of romance that have a bit of fate and momentum, its more romantic and interesting that way. Not someone who just obsesses for a pretty face (I already mentioned he doesn't even know anything about her right?). So thats my biggest gripe with it, and it may just be my personal preference.

Now that I got that out of the way, is it worth reading the light novel? How far has it been translated, is it on Bakatsuki? Is there a mystery to Ceal? (yes or no is a good answer so I wont be spoiled ). Just seems this story could be interesting apart from the gripe, but the manga looks like it will be a sloooow release.

Ah and I also liked the fact he was a coward, I even laughed when I saw its opening pages how he soiled himself. I did somewhat agree to half what the dogman was saying too. Tomato boy.. lol
Check the light novel for more detail dude, the whole fated meeting was more of an excuse than actual love, maybe a crush at least. Beside most people base their love first on appearance, what makes you think he just simply fall for her beauty instead actually falling for her because you save him ? No where in the manga stated that he only care about her looks ? BTW, remember how many girl who falls for the MC in typical harem simply either because of he saves them or love at first sight or simply for no reason despite never actually meets him or knows him? Why can't this MC do the same ?

Last edited by Trung-t-rung; 2014-07-29 at 23:06.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 18:45   Link #211
kakarotlssj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Check the light novel for more detail dude, the whole fated meeting was more of an excuse than actual love, maybe a crush at least. Beside most people base their love first on appearance, what makes you think he just simply fall for her beauty instead actually falling for her because you save him ? No where in the manga stated that he only care about her looks ? BTW, remember how many girl who falls for the MC in typical harem simply either because of he saves them or love at first sight or simply for no reason despite never actually meets him or knows him? Why can't this MC do the same ?
You can read the light novel here:
You should remove the link to the series, as its licensed now.
kakarotlssj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 17:48   Link #212
Velsy

Oh lucky I saved that pretty quickly.

But yeah I get what you mean... Like the 2nd part to Tyoko ESP, the new girl gets her skirt caught in the train door. Some guy then release it and then shes all over him.. I was like "wah really ?" Thats all it took. Stuff like that kinda seems lame.

But there was one thing apparent, the fact that hes leveling like crazy now, just goes to show he really wasnt trying before hand. But I really cant blame him much, seems like he was just going cruise control maybe. Until he soiled himself and realized how pathetic he looked. I'd very much pefer if he set her his target in what we wants to achieve or surpass without the ulterior love motive behind it.

But I guess I shouldnt keep my hopes down. Some story's with people chasing someone do end up with them finding another fated twist along the way. Hmm well as long as he doesnt turn into a brown noser, This story seems entertaining still.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2014-07-31, 20:24   Link #213
Brin A'sair

Quote:
Oh lucky I saved that pretty quickly.
Not that it cannot be found via google if you know that it exists to search for in the first place.

Quote:
But there was one thing apparent, the fact that hes leveling like crazy now, just goes to show he really wasn't trying before hand. But I really cant blame him much, seems like he was just going cruise control maybe. Until he soiled himself and realized how pathetic he looked. I'd very much prefer if he set her his target in what we wants to achieve or surpass without the ulterior love motive behind it.

But I guess I shouldn't keep my hopes down. Some story's with people chasing someone do end up with them finding another fated twist along the way. Hmm well as long as he doesn't turn into a brown noser, This story seems entertaining still.
I don't wish to offend, but did you perhaps only skim the first chapter? He is "leveling like crazy now" because of his rare skill <Single-Minded Pursuit> that he gained upon / after first meeting Aisu. More than once in the novels it has pointed out that (even for Aisu) it is *normal* to only gain a few points toward any given ability after a day in the dungeon. But due to his rare skill this is enhanced to the point that he is regularly receiving double digits in each ability. So long as he continues to focus intensely upon becoming stronger this skill guarantees he will continue to grow his abilities at an accelerated rate.

Last edited by Brin A'sair; 2014-07-31 at 20:47.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 21:35   Link #214
Velsy

Yeah, that sounds reasonable, tho I am sorta expecting him to have more than that revealed later the future (Has to be more hidden rare skills to him). I mean there has to be something huge behind him if all of a sudden Freya see something in him worth chasing and making him hers. I dont know much about Freya, but a god of that level wouldn't just chase anyone ? right? I actually hope thats only the tip of the iceberg towards him.

Btw, I've only read the 14 chapters of the manga, but now I am interested in the light novel. Its on my light novels to read list now.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2014-07-31, 22:56   Link #215
Brin A'sair

Quote:
Yeah, that sounds reasonable, tho I am sorta expecting him to have more than that revealed later the future (Has to be more hidden rare skills to him). I mean there has to be something huge behind him if all of a sudden Freya see something in him worth chasing and making him hers. I dont know much about Freya, but a god of that level wouldn't just chase anyone ? right? I actually hope thats only the tip of the iceberg towards him.

Btw, I've only read the 14 chapters of the manga, but now I am interested in the light novel. Its on my light novels to read list now.
The light novels are an enjoyable read. As for "more hidden / rare skills", so far none have been mentioned. Regarding Freya's interest in him:
Spoiler for possibly minor spoiler if you have not read the LNs:
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 13:24   Link #216
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin A'sair View Post
The light novels are an enjoyable read. As for "more hidden / rare skills", so far none have been mentioned. Regarding Freya's interest in him:
Spoiler for possibly minor spoiler if you have not read the LNs:
It's because that's an innate ability.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 13:35   Link #217
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
It's because that's an innate ability.
I believe that was because his Grandpa's influence.

Freya vision is actually not divine, it is something she had naturally so it is not sealed in lower world
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 13:41   Link #218
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
I believe that was because his Grandpa's influence.

Freya vision is actually not divine, it is something she had naturally so it is not sealed in lower world
I was referring to Freya's vision. It was stated in the novel.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 19:02   Link #219
Miraluka
Banned

The hot elf is Ryuu who works with Seal, not Ais' friend.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 19:30   Link #220
kazzuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
The hot elf is Ryuu who works with Seal, not Ais' friend.
Ai's friend has long hair. while the half elf with glasses is Eina.
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance