Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-12-08, 01:16   Link #201
magnuskn

Spoiler for General thoughts:
Old 2022-12-08, 14:47   Link #202
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I would love to see the journey go from 'Teacher props up Fran towards victory' to 'Fran wields Teacher and wins', but I doubt this will ever get another season. I guess its time to go find out if theres a TL for the novels.
Old 2022-12-14, 14:16   Link #203
magnuskn

Spoiler for Final thoughts:
Old 2022-12-14, 14:56   Link #204
Huh...?

Season 2 in Production.
https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status...68532069400581

Official Confirmation probably Next Week after Episode 12 airs on Japanese TV.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-14, 15:28   Link #205
Rasty

I love that this got another season. It was my favorite show of the season, so looking forward to its continuation. Overall pretty good, though I would say the soundtrack was the best part followed by the scene directing that made it seem like the show got a much bigger budget than it likely had. Though I would say the overall "hype" factor went a bit down in the last few episodes. Score 8.5/10 for me.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-14, 15:37   Link #206
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Im glad we are getting another season
Old 2022-12-14, 19:01   Link #207
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

That was a fun series but I kinda hope the global release schedule is in sync for S2.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-14, 19:27   Link #208
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
YES!

S1 ended exactly where I thought it would (not that it wasn’t obvious to those who read at least the manga), so I’m pretty sure I know where S2 will end. And let’s just say that by the end of S2, those who wanted to see “Fran wields Teach and wins” as voiced a few posts above won’t be disappointed.
Old 2022-12-15, 01:23   Link #209
magnuskn

Oh, already confirmed? Well, then, I'm happy about that.

I hope the broadcast schedule isn't as stupid for S2, so that we can properly discuss episodes here without the spoiler tags.
Old 2022-12-15, 02:52   Link #210
Friday
Im shy too...

looking forward to next season
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-15, 13:38   Link #211
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Very fun end to the season, and definitely looking forward to S2. It was pretty obvious the moment Amanda mentioned having cared for a pair of kittens where that was leading, but still kind of touching. Makes me wonder though
Spoiler:
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-15, 15:42   Link #212
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Very fun end to the season, and definitely looking forward to S2. It was pretty obvious the moment Amanda mentioned having cared for a pair of kittens where that was leading, but still kind of touching. Makes me wonder though
Spoiler:
There is no reason for Fran to call Amanda that.
Spoiler:

Old 2022-12-15, 16:33   Link #213
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
There is no reason for Fran to call Amanda that.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2022-12-15, 16:57   Link #214
Magewolf

If the Dinosaurs(old TV show) was still relevant Fran would have been a great subject for the "Not the Mama!" meme.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-16, 00:18   Link #215
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Memes never really die. They just lie dormant, waiting for the right person to bring them back again. If someone makes a Not the Mama meme of Fran, I won't have any complaints.
Old 2022-12-16, 02:30   Link #216
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I didn't quite call the connection between Amanda and Fran's parents. Although it definitely was clear about as soon as they showed a few scenes. While not genetically, I'll choose to consider Amanda as Fran's Grandma. Which kind of works with her both spoiling the girl as much as she could and doing everything she could to support her.

Tough spot for Amanda. She just wanted those kids to be safe and happy. But they ended up chasing their goals to evolve anyways and lost their lives. Although I feel like this is another case of reckless anime parents. If they could have left Fran with Amanda while going off to chase their dreams they really should have. Seriously this is really making me compare Fran to another anime character I really liked. Taking a child into dangerous situations, getting killed, and their kid enslaved. That's a trend I really didn't expect to see repeated too often.

But honestly I wish Fran's parents had picked one extreme or the other. Either pause their journey to raise their kid as safely as possible or leave her in someone's care while trying to power up and evolve. They tried to have everything and were a magic sword away from the worst possible result.

Fran's new gear ended up pretty stylish. Mostly worth the wait and thankfully with S2 we can enjoy it more in that season. Kind of funny though that in an outfit designed to maximize movement she has a cape flapping behind her . I guess they wanted to keep her design a bit more restrained. Considering how little there seems to be to that top and with the shorts. Plus it does look good so I respect that choice.

While I don't think the show quite kept up to the level of enjoyment it had in those first few episodes, I think it was overall pretty good. Glad it will be getting another season as well. If nothing else more of Fran being cute and growing ridiculously powerful should make for another fun season. I think the dynamic between Fran and the sword made for a solid show and I'd definitely say 7.5/10 or so.
Old 2022-12-17, 07:28   Link #217
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Although I feel like this is another case of reckless anime parents. If they could have left Fran with Amanda while going off to chase their dreams they really should have. Seriously this is really making me compare Fran to another anime character I really liked. Taking a child into dangerous situations, getting killed, and their kid enslaved. That's a trend I really didn't expect to see repeated too often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
But honestly I wish Fran's parents had picked one extreme or the other. Either pause their journey to raise their kid as safely as possible or leave her in someone's care while trying to power up and evolve. They tried to have everything and were a magic sword away from the worst possible result.
In the case of this story, based on how Fran reacts to Blue Cats, my guess is that Fran's parents didn't die while they were adventuring, but rather were hunted down and killed by a group of Blue Cats and then Fran was kidnapped and sold as a slave.

As for in which situation the Blue Cats attacked them, it's unclear.
Maybe they were attacked while on adventure, or they were attacked while they were at a safe place while taking care of Fran while on a break/pause from their adventuring work.
And leaving a young Black Cat child with anyone weaker wouldn't have worked, as the Blue Cats would have found some way to kidnap her eventually (once they knew about her).

As for the question of leaving Fran behind with Amanda.
I don't think that would have worked.
Because, when Fran parents left Amanda's Orphanage, she wasn't probably a high Ranked Adventurer. But as she became a high Ranked Adventurer, she was sort of locked to work for the City and leave on long dangerous missions. While there are probably some people looking after her Orphanage now, but that's not the right place to leave a newborn child at, especially when their parents are alive and still want to take care of the child.

Old 2022-12-23, 12:00   Link #218
Alchemist007
*Author

Entertaining enough, hope the next season brings a bit more character growth.

7/10
Old 2022-12-26, 01:28   Link #219
alex_drian

Please support Fran journey by buying merchandise if you have the opportunity so we can get more seasons. We really REALLY want an hypotetical S3. Believe me.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-26, 17:38   Link #220
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Please support Fran journey by buying merchandise if you have the opportunity so we can get more seasons. We really REALLY want an hypotetical S3. Believe me.
So we can see LN6 animated? Hell yeah!
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote