AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-08-02, 11:31   Link #201
Izumo
Banned

So the next week we can have more info about vol 17 right? I can't wait to know who is the guy in the cover.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 12:22   Link #202
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
If you are still waiting for vol.17's sample pages, I found interesting information from 4chan's mahouka thread.

Anon from 4chan post this information.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Vol.13 published on April 10th, 2014, and the sample pages were updated around noon on April 6th.
- Vol.14 published on September 10th, 2014, and the sample pages were updated during the late afternoon on September 5th.
- Vol.15 published on January 10th, 2014, and the sample pages were updated during the late afternoon on January 7th.
- Vol.16 published on May 9th, 2014, and the sample pages were updated on May 1st.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Normally, it gets updated 4 or 5 days before the date of release.
So, if we are lucky, it may get released on today or Monday.
They are taking forever. It gets released the 8th, it's the 3rd in Japan, which means they could wait till the 5th according to what you posted, it should be 2015 for some volumes BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
So the next week we can have more info about vol 17 right? I can't wait to know who is the guy in the cover.
Tatsuya?
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 23:23   Link #203
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Tatsuya?
Nah, probably someone related to Mayumi.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 02:37   Link #204
Abysmalheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
Nah, probably someone related to Mayumi.
Probably her brother or minrou.
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 02:40   Link #205
Blakegriffin89

I believe it's either Tatsuya, or more likely someone we haven't seen yet. I can't think of a reason why Mayumi and Mari are even on the cover in the first place. Since this volume is supposed to be about Tatsuya and Miyuki's engagement and relation to the Yotsuba. Also, the 10MC meeting, selection and other stuff. In the preview to vol.17 it also talked about "that wise man" and some kind of an attack on the 10MC meeting. So, all in all, I can kind of understand how Mayumi could be on the cover considering her feelings for Tatsuya. Although, I can't really see any reason for Mari to be on the cover. Does anybody have any ideas or opinions about who and why these characters where chosen for the cover of this volume?? I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks about it.

-Blake-
Blakegriffin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 04:34   Link #206
Aika Natsume

It could be the brother of Mayumi who is the heir of the saegusa... )
Still i can understand why Mayumi and that unknown guy there but Mari? I still cant fit her to the ten master clans arc. Maybe she will be engage to that person behind them, u know for TMC purposes.
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 08:11   Link #207
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post
It could be the brother of Mayumi who is the heir of the saegusa... )
Still i can understand why Mayumi and that unknown guy there but Mari? I still cant fit her to the ten master clans arc. Maybe she will be engage to that person behind them, u know for TMC purposes.
Not that hard to understand. Katsuto advised Tatsuya to join the TMC based on his one performance against Masaki. Mari spent 3 years keeping up with Mayumi and Katsuto. That kind of Talent is going to get noticed. I think one of the major problems people are having is the novels have really never set a baseline for an 'average' magician. Mari should definitely be strong enough for the TMC to take notice of her.

Of course, the simpler explanation is that she is Mayumi's best friend.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 11:18   Link #208
Gekari
My Japanese level: slug

I hope Satou isn't on "let's betroth everybody" vibe. Would be very disappoint if he chooses the path "Mayumi is engaged to another man but she loves Tatsuya, who is also betrothed. So both will have to break their vowels and run away together in secrecy."

I'd rather have her winning him by pure persistence.

Though I think is almost certain this will not go as we expect and, hopefully, we'll obtain more information about the 10MC, other families abilities and so on.

Mahouka was never focused in romance.
Gekari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 13:20   Link #209
Aika Natsume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
Not that hard to understand. Katsuto advised Tatsuya to join the TMC based on his one performance against Masaki. Mari spent 3 years keeping up with Mayumi and Katsuto. That kind of Talent is going to get noticed. I think one of the major problems people are having is the novels have really never set a baseline for an 'average' magician. Mari should definitely be strong enough for the TMC to take notice of her.

Of course, the simpler explanation is that she is Mayumi's best friend.
Katsuto only invited Tatsuya because Masaki who is a member of TMC and heir to the Ichijou clan was beaten by Tatsuya. Miyuki who showed extreme power on the 9sc and Tatsuya whom he aided during the 1st arc was not invited by him to be on the TMC.
Mari might play a big role in this upcoming colume.
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 13:58   Link #210
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniih Detsu View Post
I hope Satou isn't on "let's betroth everybody" vibe. Would be very disappoint if he chooses the path "Mayumi is engaged to another man but she loves Tatsuya, who is also betrothed. So both will have to break their vowels and run away together in secrecy."

Though I think is almost certain this will not go as we expect and, hopefully, we'll obtain more information about the 10MC, other families abilities and so on.

I don't think this engagement with Miyuki which is most based on lies is going to end as a happily ever after that Miyuki thinks it will. I just get the feeling that either Miyuki or Tatsuya will be dead by the end of the series.
Old 2015-08-03, 14:45   Link #211
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I don't think this engagement with Miyuki which is most based on lies is going to end as a happily ever after that Miyuki thinks it will. I just get the feeling that either Miyuki or Tatsuya will be dead by the end of the series.
Plausible but very unlikely. 17 Volumes in the LN and we haven't had an MC die yet in the series. Although I agree that it probably won't end with a happily ending as Miyuki seem to expect.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 15:07   Link #212
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Plausible but very unlikely. 17 Volumes in the LN and we haven't had an MC die yet in the series. Although I agree that it probably won't end with a happily ending as Miyuki seem to expect.
That is only because of Tatsuya's godlike healing. However if he isn't around or someone is killed instantly then there is nothing he can do. He can restore a body but he can't bring back it's soul once it is gone. Or even if Tatsuya use his magic too much he won't be able to heal himself properly and could die like Sakurai Honami.
Old 2015-08-03, 17:32   Link #213
Gekari

Quote:
I don't intend to start another round of ship war (it's meaningless after all).

I'm not against TatsuyaXMiyuki, but I'm also inclined to like TatsuyaXMayumi.

The only lie about their marriage is that Tatsuya is Maya's son, for now. Maya's character is very similar to some concepts of the sanskrit māyā, she enchants and at the same time deceives, so we'll have to wait to know if she is just embodying the virtuous trait of māyā or the treacherous side of māyā.

Even if Miyuki and Tatsuya married, I think they would stay the way they are now. Tatsuya didn't say 'no' to Maya, what he would do for sure if he assumed it to be absurd. Being married with Miyuki didn't mean he would have to actually f***k her, this could be just in the paper. As her husband he can protect her despite anyone's opinion and is able to guarantee she isn't with a jerk. I had the impression, when he told her about his conversation with their aunt, that it was just to make clear that he was not hiding anything and that he didn't refuse it because he didn't know what to think. If Miyuki did not confess her feelings that moment, definitely, Tatsuya would ask her if they should or not refuse. Her confession just made things weirder.

Summarizing, Tatsuya seems not know what to do in this kind of situation, for he lacks experience. He saying he would try hard doesn't means he knows what is 'try hard'. Tatsuya never had a girlfriend nor had a crush, then if he judges he is not able to love her the way Miyuki expects, I think he'll not feed her dreams, but if they will marry or not is uncertain. He doesn't know she despises the very idea of having other man touching her, Tatsuya would either not marry her or marry her and divorce , in this case.

Mayumi is, IMO, not dead yet. She may be the female influence and interaction that is missing for him to know that he cannot love Miyuki as a woman or that he can love Miyuki as a woman.

Maybe I'm completely wrong.

I hope we get some hints on this volume.

(Sorry for the long post).... (and poor english)
Old 2015-08-03, 17:46   Link #214
Iramohs

Quote:
Summarizing, Tatsuya seems not know what to do in this kind of situation, for he lacks experience. He saying he would try hard doesn't means he knows what is 'try hard'. Tatsuya never had a girlfriend nor had a crush, then if he judges he is not able to love her the way Miyuki expects, I think he'll not feed her dreams, but if they will marry or not is uncertain. He doesn't know she despises the very idea of having other man touching her, Tatsuya would either not marry her or marry her and divorce , in this case.
He knows what to do. He's gonna marry Miyuki because Miyuki loves him AS A MAN. Once she confessed and he realized what she had been struggling with this whole time there was no way out. His number 1a and 1b priorities are Miyuki's safety and happiness. Miyuki will be happiest married to Tatsuya.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 17:47   Link #215
cyberdemon

Quote:
I don't intend to start another round of ship war (it's meaningless after all).

I'm not against TatsuyaXMiyuki, but I'm also inclined to like TatsuyaXMayumi.

The only lie about their marriage is that Tatsuya is Maya's son, for now. Maya's character is very similar to some concepts of the sanskrit māyā, she enchants and at the same time deceives, so we'll have to wait to know if she is just embodying the virtuous trait of māyā or the treacherous side of māyā.

Even if Miyuki and Tatsuya married, I think they would stay the way they are now. Tatsuya didn't say 'no' to Maya, what he would do for sure if he assumed it to be absurd. Being married with Miyuki didn't mean he would have to actually f***k her, this could be just in the paper. As her husband he can protect her despite anyone's opinion and is able to guarantee she isn't with a jerk. I had the impression, when he told her about his conversation with their aunt, that it was just to make clear that he was not hiding anything and that he didn't refuse it because he didn't know what to think. If Miyuki did not confess her feelings that moment, definitely, Tatsuya would ask her if they should or not refuse. Her confession just made things weirder.

Mayumi is, IMO, not dead yet. She may be the female influence and interaction that is missing for him to know that he cannot love Miyuki as a woman or that he can love Miyuki as a woman.

Maybe I'm completely wrong.

I hope we get some hints on this volume.

(Sorry for the long post).... (and poor english)
wasn't really going for shipping war. The engagement I see as something bound to end it failure. Yet at the same time Tatsuya's emotional capacity will make him unable to form any kind of loving relationship.
Old 2015-08-03, 18:52   Link #216
Hokoga

Quote:
Spoiler for :
How did you go into a shipping rant after reading cyberdemon's comment that had nothing to do with shipping?
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 19:14   Link #217
Gekari

Quote:
wasn't really going for shipping war. The engagement I see as something bound to end it failure. Yet at the same time Tatsuya's emotional capacity will make him unable to form any kind of loving relationship.
... shipping war...( I felt I wrote it wrong... ^^ Thanks. My accuracy will improve with time, I hope.)

About my post: I said I didn't want to start a shipping war, not for your comment, but because I know there are some people who enjoy it.

I don't like when people start to argue because some like 'this ship' and other 'that ship'. Mahouka has much more to offer than shipping and paring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
How did you go into a shipping rant after reading cyberdemon's comment that had nothing to do with shipping?
... cyberdemon wasn't. You're right. My comment was based on the guessing about their marriage, so I quoted it. Sorry for the confusion.

Now, about Mayumi. I think her expression is related to all tension surrounding the suicide bomber. Mari...? Well maybe someone she knows will die.

Come on, all this ruckus and no important or support character will die?

Ayako is considered an civilian?
Old 2015-08-03, 19:43   Link #218
BalorView

Quote:

Beside that, Mayumi is on the cover of volume 17, it will be very interesting
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 21:31   Link #219
Kadia

^Before talking about the possibility of marriage b/n Mayumi and Tat, i would love to see Mayumi having a courage to stand against her father first. At least, make it that she hasn't been kept in the dark and do not aware what her father did behind her back.

I just want to see her character being developed a bit further. If u guys remeber the scene in v15 where Mayumi asked Tat to investigate Nagura death and presented herself how pround she was being a Saegusa, i doubt she would be sane after knowing the truth about her father's deed.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 22:34   Link #220
NeutralZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
^Before talking about the possibility of marriage b/n Mayumi and Tat, i would love to see Mayumi having a courage to stand against her father first. At least, make it that she hasn't been kept in the dark and do not aware what her father did behind her back.

I just want to see her character being developed a bit further. If u guys remeber the scene in v15 where Mayumi asked Tat to investigate Nagura death and presented herself how pround she was being a Saegusa, i doubt she would be sane after knowing the truth about her father's deed.
She can still retain her sanity after that
Yes, she is a proud Saegusa but she is not ignorant to the dark side politics of magicians
though she may distance her self from her father and even her family is she did find out the transgression her father made
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
political intrigue