AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-12-27, 17:17   Link #201
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiken View Post
New Theory: (Hopes and Dreams)

The Omega world is actually the dreamworld. When people are dreaming, their perceptions are not aligned with what is actually happening around them.

Laura Stuart is one of the three fates who control the threads affecting destiny. Her using a chess board somehow hints that she is probably, most likely influencing the world at large.

And one last thing, the High Priest mentioned that fate doesn't affect the Imagine Breaker or its wielder. So why did a piece of the IB suddenly break away from the whole and become a part of Kakeru? Was it because what Othinus did to him make Touma as an individual somehow less perfect, or rather, a crack in his plot armor making him vulnerable for just a slight moment in time for fate to flow through the crack to his constitution?

Did Laura have a hand in creating World Rejector?

I don't know. But thats the best I've got. I'm probably wrong though.
Your ideas honestly all sound plausible and I've had a few of those myself so I don't know what to tell you. The only possibly sketch thing is the phases stuff since we still don't have enough details to confirm how that works. It's still a bit abstract.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-29, 19:41   Link #202
DragonXX

The real life Crowley had two children which Rose the one who death that left him sad was his child Nuit Ma Ahathoor Hecate Sappho Jezebel Lilith Crowley who die at 2 or Anne Leah Crowley who dead in 1920 the year she was born, but why have Lola Zaza Crowley his another child from his first wife not bet bring up yet in Index because she live a long life of 83 years old and die in 1990.

The real life Crowley had 5 children 4 girls and one guy the real life Crowley had more then one wife, this could mean that Laura could of bet one of Crowley Wife or one of his daughter Lola Zaza Crowley or Astarte Lulu Panthea Crowley because one of Crowley daughter Astarte Lulu Panthea Crowley was still alive when Index was first made in 2004 or Laura could be Crowley mother the person who Crowley hated most and his mother did not seen to like her son.

Last edited by DragonXX; 2015-12-29 at 20:14.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-01, 00:04   Link #203
Cthaeh

I've had a theory regarding Aleister's plans for a while, and I finally got around to posting it (I feel like there should be a general speculation thread...).

My theory is that Aleister is seeking to change or destroy heaven, or at least its relation with the human pure world. By heaven, I'm coloring it with a somewhat Christian interpretation, but at the least I would say the series has defined it as the source of Telesma and the 'home' of the angels.

My developing that theory is based on some lines (in spoiler towards the bottom) that tell us there is a mechanism for reverse Idol Theory, and that it's Aleister's specialty, plus the definition of AC as an artificial heaven. So I thought that Aleister is applying his specialty to develop AC as a means to interfere with heaven.

For this to work with reverse Idol Theory, AC should be similar to heaven. I view this related to why there are obvious parallels between Accelerator's awakened state (? I forget what common fan term is) and angels (v4 and WWIII)/Aiwass, with black or white wings in terms of appearance plus the same speech pattern. The level 5's are being developed in a direction that brings them closer to angels to act as proxies (it's a bit of a weakpoint here that I have to wave my hands and say Kazakiri is also a proxy, even though she is more literally an artificial angel). This could also give meaning to AC's stated goal of creating a level 6, which has been referred to as approaching heaven/god; "System"/Level 6 could act as a proxy for god in Aleister's artificial heaven.

Also, Aleister has said his plan is similar to what Fiamma was trying to do. It's been a while since I read those parts in full, but Fiamma was trying to fix the alignments of the elements (which I interpret as the relation between heaven and earth), so in my view, my broad theory fits within that hint.

Spoiler for quotes from various volumes:

I'm not claiming it's a perfectly complete theory, but it's fun to speculate based off seemingly small bits of information (Aleister's specialty), as I think Kamachi has done that with some other directions he's gone in. And I think it's viable as a possible piece of the endgame.
Cthaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-09, 20:41   Link #204
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

This is just a random speculation... but do you guys think that Kakeru could now successfully his right hand's power to "end Ladylee's suffering...?" That's sort of an interesting idea TBH not that it'd ever be relevant... Kakeru could be the existence in the world that allows immortal people to disappear (that can erase and undo the decision to be immortal... and therefore ever undying...)

If what I'm saying actually ends up being relevant, wouldn't it be funny if it's revealed that Himegami is important because she's the only person that we know of that also has a power that can destroy immortal beings (vampires)...? I'm not sure that the plot is going to go that way, but if Kamisato ends up as a bro, then I expect him to have some positive use for his power on the world. Kamijou preserves the world, but Kamisato can help erase those unnatural things that can't be taken back even though the people really want to disappear or undo what has happened to them i.e. like with Frau's condition and Ladylee's... though it'd also be interesting if he could instead just exile the magic or other supernatural transformations affecting them instead of having to exile them...

Another interesting idea that I had is whether the previous lines of the will of the Misaka network in earlier NT volumes are foreshadowing stuff about the condition of the people that have been exiled by Kamisato's ideal exile... Will-san previously mentioned how some of the sisters were dead, while the other ones were alive, so the network as a whole was weird with a state that was neither dead nor alive that had gone past death... so I'm wondering if it's just contained within some weird phase of the world... that is similar to the types of phases or pockets of the world where Kamisato stores the people that he exiles... Though this last idea is really just a big pile of speculation...

Edit:

I'm adding another piece of speculation that's more important than the other ones.

In NT 12, when Touma was worrying about Aihana Etsu he said some weird things to Hamazura... and to himself in this internal monologue:

"(I won’t let you end up like that.)

He snuck within a few meters of the surrounding St. Germains and thought quietly.

He had a reason to make this approach despite the risk to himself.

(A desire for revenge is best removed before it has a chance to settle in. It’s most frightening when it surpasses emotions and becomes normal. After it shifts to a quieter burn, they can never relax without that desire.)"

and...

"“Even if it’s a farce and completely misplaced, Aihana Etsu is being motivated by revenge. If we fulfill that desire, he’ll stop, so there’s no reason to overthink this. He just has to hit me until he’s satisfied. With, um…oh, right. With Mitsuari Ayu it was the same…I think.”

“But then what about you!?”

“I’m not just gonna sit there and let him kill me. It’s not like I want to die. So don’t worry. I’m fairly confident in my ability to take a punch.”

Kamijou smiled thinly.

“But that’s another reason why we need to take away his shield at the very beginning. …And my not wanting to die and the mix of feelings filling Aihana are two different issues. I doubt he’ll stop just because I tell him I don’t want to die. I don’t know how the incident in Denmark looked to him or anything, but I need to pay him back for the false hope I gave him.”

Those were frightening words.

That thought process was somehow different from the hero Hamazura had thought he was a moment before.

Hamazura recalled the fairy tale of The Happy Prince he had heard as a child. A statue of a prince was decorated in gold and jewels and, with the help of a passing bird, it had shared the pieces of its body with the poor people of the city. Kamijou Touma claimed to be selfishly doing whatever it was he wanted, but his logic had a tendency to treat only himself as a pawn to be used.

How many veils would one have to remove before finding the true selfishness below?

Or in some twisted way, was this Kamijou Touma’s version of selfishness?

“Listen. Once Aihana Etsu fulfills his desire for revenge, he won’t have any reason to fight. And once St. Germain’s plan falls apart, he’ll attack from every side. …I’ll be relying on your Power Lifter. Make sure you at least get Aihana out of there.”"

Both of these quotes are sketchy. The second quote talks about Touma's selfishness... more interestingly... Touma seems to understand the feelings that accompany revenge a little too much... it can't be because of the incident with Index and Fiamma since he always seems to forgive people... I wonder if there's a story from his childhood that he doesn't consciously remember, but that still affects him...? Otherwise, I don't understand how he has such a profound understanding of feelings of revenge. The first thing he said makes sense because he has faced so many people like that... the other things he said about the cold burn of the feeling becoming normal sounds like something that he wouldn't have come across in a book... and something that he could have only felt before at some point in time... but when...?

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )

Last edited by dniv; 2016-02-09 at 21:56.
Old 2016-02-10, 14:28   Link #205
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
The real life Crowley had two children which Rose the one who death that left him sad was his child Nuit Ma Ahathoor Hecate Sappho Jezebel Lilith Crowley who die at 2 or Anne Leah Crowley who dead in 1920 the year she was born, but why have Lola Zaza Crowley his another child from his first wife not bet bring up yet in Index because she live a long life of 83 years old and die in 1990.

The real life Crowley had 5 children 4 girls and one guy the real life Crowley had more then one wife, this could mean that Laura could of bet one of Crowley Wife or one of his daughter Lola Zaza Crowley or Astarte Lulu Panthea Crowley because one of Crowley daughter Astarte Lulu Panthea Crowley was still alive when Index was first made in 2004 or Laura could be Crowley mother the person who Crowley hated most and his mother did not seen to like her son.
I'm surprised that somebody besides me has bothered to actually read this stuff. But one interesting thing I've noticed in this series is the significance of the number 7, the total number of level 5 espers, and that there are 7 Kihara originals who may or may not end up being natural Gem Stone espers.

The number 7, which also references the number of days it took, again in biblical terms for all existence to be made. (The world was made in 7 days and 7 nights, so basically 7 days in a 24hr per day timeframe.)

7 Espers, 7 Kihara originals, 7 Days to reference the number of days it took for the world to be created or conjured from the primordial voids of nothingness.

Aleister's magic name from back when he was a part of The Golden Dawn has was offically Liber 777. But when he fought the magic gods, it was 666 in reference to the beast of revelation, who signifies the end of days drawing near.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-10, 20:22   Link #206
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiken View Post
I'm surprised that somebody besides me has bothered to actually read this stuff. But one interesting thing I've noticed in this series is the significance of the number 7, the total number of level 5 espers, and that there are 7 Kihara originals who may or may not end up being natural Gem Stone espers.

The number 7, which also references the number of days it took, again in biblical terms for all existence to be made. (The world was made in 7 days and 7 nights, so basically 7 days in a 24hr per day timeframe.)

7 Espers, 7 Kihara originals, 7 Days to reference the number of days it took for the world to be created or conjured from the primordial voids of nothingness.

Aleister's magic name from back when he was a part of The Golden Dawn has was offically Liber 777. But when he fought the magic gods, it was 666 in reference to the beast of revelation, who signifies the end of days drawing near.
Maybe Kamachi likes the number 7?

More seriously though, I'm not sure, but you bring up an interesting point. As far as the level fives go, it's hard to tell. They tried to make Takitsubou an eighth level 5, but it's hard to tell how many people actually want that to happen. Another statement that I'm pretty sure was made during Battle Royale by Kakine or the Lady in the Dress was that even if a level 5 gets offed, Aleister can just go off and create a new one... This makes me wonder if he wants exactly seven of them, which would support your theory.

Though these things remain rather unclear. The Kiharas matching the number of level five is also interesting, but probably just a coincidence... Though I find it interesting that they only want certain types of powers for level fives. They don't mind which powers they are as long as they accomplish the right sort of things over all...

Old 2016-02-10, 20:51   Link #207
Takeshi senpai

I'm pretty sure 7 is a pretty popular number in Japan. There are 7 dragon balls, Yamada and the 7 witches, Katekyo Hitman Reborn has 7 vongala rings, Naruto is in team 7 and the Shichibukai of One Piece. There are probably many works with 7 in Japan.
Takeshi senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-13, 15:12   Link #208
bakato

That's no surprise. The number 7 has always held supernatural meaning.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-13, 23:38   Link #209
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

Well, there is also a hidden meaning behind the number that ties in with the world tree. Symbolically, the seed of life consists of various shapes within a circle entangling an seventh circle at its center. And the center is meant to represent god in his resting phase.

Last edited by Tiken; 2016-02-22 at 18:54.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote