Notices

Old 2014-08-25, 10:52   Link #2081
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
Listen to this:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That was arranged by Hideyuki Fukasawa. That makes me hopeful, that the OST of the anime will be good.
This...the LE part was beautiful I could listen to this for a while...very hopeful indeed.
Old 2014-08-25, 11:08   Link #2082
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

He did the Mahoyo OST as well.
Old 2014-08-25, 11:30   Link #2083
Lorhand

Yeah, I mentioned that in the news thread, too. I just wanted to post this particular track he made because it's about FSN.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 12:26   Link #2084
mirakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
He did the Mahoyo OST as well.
Really? Any way, I just finished watching the Realta HF opening and daiyum I can't wait to see it animated. Reading and sound effects cannot come close to animation. I may hate the love and Shirou but that doesnt mean I can't enjoy the action XP I really can't wait.
Old 2014-08-25, 20:35   Link #2085
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
It would be nice to know how Archer made up his Aria in the new anime :3 It could be one of the original scenes.
Well it's not exactly a simple thing to show plot wise. It took him 10 years to have all the preparations to even do UBW and another 10 years to master it. So it'd either do a long flashback showing snippets of his life arriving at it or it just shows the end point ithout any contexts.

I'm interested in seeing how they handle Shirou's version of Archer's smile at the end of UBW that he made at the ending his conversation with Tohsaka in my distortion. It's actually major foreshadowing and linking between the purpose of the smile Archer makes at the end but the VN never actually shows it.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 19:35   Link #2086
mirakura

Oh, I found that Nasu quote, some one posted the interview but I have no idea where they got it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasu
I feel like I could have written it a lot better now, but that was the best I could do at the time.
Old 2014-08-27, 02:06   Link #2087
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

But didn't he also said something about taking the Fate romance with him to the grave?

Found it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasu
I intended to take that to the grave with me, but I guess this 10-year anniversary is a good place to talk about it. Just like Urobuchi-san said, it's difficult to call the relationship between Shirou and Saber a relationship between a man and a woman.
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 02:36   Link #2088
Brother Coa
Banned

That's because he originally wrote it for eroge ( and thus put all that sexist stuff ), if it was by his own words it would be a lot different. Like normal relationship ( the one we had in the manga ), not forced one.

If they remake Fate one day they will probably use his new idea of their relationship.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 04:11   Link #2089
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
That's because he originally wrote it for eroge ( and thus put all that sexist stuff ), if it was by his own words it would be a lot different. Like normal relationship ( the one we had in the manga ), not forced one.

If they remake Fate one day they will probably use his new idea of their relationship.
No he wrote it that way (poorly and a bit sexist) because Saber was originally a dude and he believed he was still writing the character that way despite now being female, so when he was writing the relationship with Shirou he thought it wouldn't work so he kept reminding the reader that yes she's a girl through Shirou.

Here's the whole section

Quote:
Uro: Honestly, Saber doesn't look much like a heroine to me. I can still see traces of the male version of Saber that appeared in the early version of Fate (*7). Because of that mental image, Saber's relationship with Shirou doesn't seem like a realistic relationship between a male and a female, but a complicated relationship with a boy who became a girl.

Nasu: Typical Urobuchi... I really can't pull the wool over your eyes... I intended to take that to the grave with me, but I guess this 10-year anniversary is a good place to talk about it. Just like Urobuchi-san said, it's difficult to call the relationship between Shirou and Saber a relationship between a man and a woman. Saber has fought for a long time as the ruler of Britain, but then turned into a girl all of a sudden and fell in love with Shirou. It's pretty ridiculous when you think about it. But I really wanted to push it towards that sort of boy-meets-girl story. So as a last resort, I had Shirou continually say things to her like "But you're a girl," and "Girls aren't supposed to fight," in order to remind the users that "she is really a girl." It's like the author's actually the one trying to convince Saber that she's a girl... I feel like I could have written it a lot better now, but that was the best I could do at the time.

Uro: It isn't a relationship fueled by instinct like the relationship between a man and a woman, but a romance of logic between two people who need each other from the heart. I think the Saber route could have been told as a story through the ancient Greek views on love. That's what makes Saber's story so refreshing, and why she's become such a popular character. On the other hand, I think the true heroine of Fate/stay night is Rin. In the Rin route, an equal relationship with a woman who's become stronger than men is depicted. Rin and Shirou mend each other's weaknesses with their own unique strengths, and I think it makes for a very nice relationship.

Nasu: It's true that Rin is different from Saber. Rin is written as a completely different gender. She also has a sort of pride in the fact that she's a beautiful girl. With a girl like that by his side, even an unsociable person like Shirou loses his presence of mind.

Uro: There's yet another different type of love depicted in the Sakura route. It really expresses the dark sides that all women have, but how men can accept that and love women regardless. Something akin to the "dignity of men" comes across.

Nasu: "Romance" is something where a couple blindly pursue each other's ideals. "Love," on the other hand, is something where two people accept each other, including the painful reality that comes with it. There are no ideals to be found there. It's just about coming to terms with reality. They don't even have time to dream... but you can't just keep pushing harsh realities over the hopes and dreams of young people. Let's talk about something more fun!
Uro has the right idea and it's why I always preferred Rin's relationship because she's the one the honestly suits Shirou the best. They fit and complement each others weaknesses unlike Saber and Sakura.
Old 2014-08-27, 04:14   Link #2090
Lorhand

You guys should just post the whole interview section instead of snippets. The sexist stuff was because Nasu was not convinced people would see Saber as a woman and because he wanted to make a boy-meets-girl scenario, after he changed King Arthur's gender. It has nothing to do with FSN being an eroge, he just couldn't write it better.

I removed the quote because Tenchi Hou Take sniped me, dammit, haha.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 05:25   Link #2091
Brother Coa
Banned

To me the most important part is this: ' I feel like I could have written it a lot better now, but that was the best I could do at the time.'

Meaning that he will write it anew in the future works.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 07:17   Link #2092
chaos_alfa

Quote:
To me the most important part is this: ' I feel like I could have written it a lot better now, but that was the best I could do at the time.'

I don't think that is the correct interpretation. I would rather say Nasu was just comparing his current skill level with the level he had when he originally wrote Fate. There is no intention of him wanting to rewrite it somewhere in the future, Just because you can do something doesn't mean you will do it.

This doesn't mean it will never happen, but I don't see there the intention you claim there is.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 07:19   Link #2093
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:

No. It just means that he thinks his writing skills have improved. This statement does not mention the intention to write it again.

EDIT: ninjaed
Old 2014-08-27, 07:48   Link #2094
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:

He already has or are you unaware Realta Nua changed the story quite radically.
Old 2014-08-27, 08:07   Link #2095
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
He already has or are you unaware Realta Nua changed the story quite radically.
Well not radically, though at least most "Girls should not fight" are gone.
Old 2014-08-27, 08:48   Link #2096
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Well not radically, though at least most "Girls should not fight" are gone.
almost all reference to sex is completely removed and alter to something else (aside frm Caster). That's pretty significant (e.g Shinji is no longer a rapist etc). They're not exactly small changes.
Old 2014-08-27, 08:50   Link #2097
GDB

But if that's the only change, then it means Nasu either didn't get to rewrite it, or his writing skills didn't improve as much as he likes to think.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 09:15   Link #2098
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
almost all reference to sex is completely removed and alter to something else (aside frm Caster). That's pretty significant (e.g Shinji is no longer a rapist etc). They're not exactly small changes.
Some of those changes (I:E Shinji) were just added to appease censors (it is pretty obvious that Shinji is raping Sakura even in Realta Nua, though they never come out and say it. Shinji's and Sakura's final confrontation still reads pretty obviously as an attempted rape scene for example) and other stuff were rewritten (a lot of redundant sentences were cut for example). I wouldn't call Realta Nua a rewrite though since it simply edits and reworks stuff.
Old 2014-08-27, 09:21   Link #2099
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Some of those changes (I:E Shinji) were just added to appease censors (it is pretty obvious that Shinji is raping Sakura even in Realta Nua, though they never come out and say it. Shinji's and Sakura's final confrontation still reads pretty obviously as an attempted rape scene for example) and other stuff were rewritten (a lot of redundant sentences were cut for example). I wouldn't call Realta Nua a rewrite though since it simply edits and reworks stuff.
A large section of the plot was changed. The entire story wasn't completely altered but yes a large section of the story was altered. All you have to do is read through HF to see that.

Hell Nasu even stated he was going stop altering F/SN
Old 2014-08-27, 09:30   Link #2100
cyberdemon

Quote:
That's a much more drastic change in HF than the other routes since sex plays a bigger roles in it.

Quote:
No he wrote it that way (poorly and a bit sexist) because Saber was originally a dude and he believed he was still writing the character that way despite now being female, so when he was writing the relationship with Shirou he thought it wouldn't work so he kept reminding the reader that yes she's a girl through Shirou.

Here's the whole section

Uro has the right idea and it's why I always preferred Rin's relationship because she's the one the honestly suits Shirou the best. They fit and complement each others weaknesses unlike Saber and Sakura.
I can understand Shirou and Rin having the most stable romance since the complement each other. It is considered the most ideal romance of the 3 but I like what was said about Love being accepting everything, even the painful realities of the other person which suits the ShirouxSakura relationship. ShirouxSaber was always more about similar ideals and support to me. I agree that it was difficult to really see them as a romance between a man and a woman.

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable