Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-05-06, 10:28   Link #2081
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I don't know, but i thought the bold is not possible to happen?
Well some people had been saying it was possible back in the early days of the game but the devs patched it sometime around the Fall Event, possibly due to the need to lower general risk after the introduction of night battle maps and the horror story that was known as Fall Event.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 10:41   Link #2082
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Well, whaddya' know, I must have failed to kill the boss once, otherwise it's 7 kills for E-4 boss.

Kinugasa dropped for me twice in a row; RNG must really be generous today. Oh well, just once more and I'm done with E-4.

Now I can at least clear those composition quests. Sitting there for almost six months.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 10:49   Link #2083
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
Well, whaddya' know, I must have failed to kill the boss once, otherwise it's 7 kills for E-4 boss.

Kinugasa dropped for me twice in a row; RNG must really be generous today. Oh well, just once more and I'm done with E-4.

Now I can at least clear those composition quests. Sitting there for almost six months.
Oh that's normal.
The E4 boss gauge is slightly over 6 kills, aka you need at least 7 kills to clear it.
It is for those who just happened to fail to kill the boss once but did some damage to her so that their effort isn't completely in vain.
Old 2014-05-06, 10:59   Link #2084
RapidPotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Oh that's normal.
The E4 boss gauge is slightly over 6 kills, aka you need at least 7 kills to clear it.
It is for those who just happened to fail to kill the boss once but did some damage to her so that their effort isn't completely in vain.
Ah, that could be it. I remember killing boss every time I hit the boss node.

So it's more than six clean kills then. I'm going for the last one now having lost sparkles for three girls.

EDIT: There you have it. Shigure (my flagship) scored a OHKO on the boss and cleared it. Isuzu though, smacked a poor sub for 139 and got MVP. There's my personal aim completed. Went into boss node with barely anyone in damage. Pre-boss was cleared with a B-rank using line ahead.

Now all that's left for me is lucky crane farming.

EDIT 2: Can we repeat the phrase "fruitless run"? I've S-ranked boss a couple of times but have been eating through whatever steel I had left, and STILL not a decent drop in sight. I'm close to giving up my farming run despite still having the whole of tomorrow.
Old 2014-05-07, 07:26   Link #2085
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Finally got passed E-4 at HQ level 79, right before the level scaling kicks in. I got too fed up and just equip all of my ship with Damecon. Turn out they didn't even use it once, and there were 2 runs that none of my ship got minor damage state even. The irony is my highest DD is the one who got red most of the time. RNG is suck a fickle lady.

Now back to farm resource and level up my ship girls.
Old 2014-05-07, 08:59   Link #2086
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
EDIT 2: Can we repeat the phrase "fruitless run"? I've S-ranked boss a couple of times but have been eating through whatever steel I had left, and STILL not a decent drop in sight. I'm close to giving up my farming run despite still having the whole of tomorrow.
I dunno, during the Arpeggio event it took a while before some of the nicer drops (see several pages back -- I got both the Crane Sisters then, despite trying to actually get Mikuma and Kumano) started to appear. Just need persistence with this one.
Old 2014-05-07, 09:02   Link #2087
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Is there a specific recipe for the Kongou sisters? Or any of the other battleships? I've been farming for a week and all I ever get is Ise and Yamashiro.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 09:50   Link #2088
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Is there a specific recipe for the Kongou sisters? Or any of the other battleships? I've been farming for a week and all I ever get is Ise and Yamashiro.
Nope, you can get them from the general Battleship recipe, albeit they're something like a 20% chance to get. If you have World 2 unlocked however, they're fairly regular drops at boss nodes there too.
Old 2014-05-07, 10:26   Link #2089
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I must have some sort of Ungodly misfortune as yamashiro is all I ever got from 2-2 boss.
Old 2014-05-07, 12:59   Link #2090
RapidPotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I dunno, during the Arpeggio event it took a while before some of the nicer drops (see several pages back -- I got both the Crane Sisters then, despite trying to actually get Mikuma and Kumano) started to appear. Just need persistence with this one.
Sucks to be me then; on one of the sorties, I ate a steel bill of 1.4k (I had 2.5k) and the last sortie left everybody in red whilst failing to get S-rank.

My steel is around 500 now.
Old 2014-05-07, 14:27   Link #2091
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Sucks to be me then; on one of the sorties, I ate a steel bill of 1.4k (I had 2.5k) and the last sortie left everybody in red whilst failing to get S-rank.

My steel is around 500 now.
Just a bit of advice for your next event,

While I did say I only stockpile after they announce the event date, I started doing so slightly earlier than planned because I intend to farm the event maps for drops, Hatsukaze specifically, with the expectation of doing it at all cost. So half of my resources were intended for after clearing the event, because usually even though event maps have very generous drops, they are also costlier than average to farm.

So next time, if you intend to farm something during the event, it won't hurt to spend an extra week and stockpile some extra resources.

Again, however, don't over stockpile. Make sure your fleet is ready for the event before worrying about drops, but that's something you'll have to figure out yourself
Old 2014-05-07, 15:14   Link #2092
RapidPotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Just a bit of advice for your next event,

While I did say I only stockpile after they announce the event date, I started doing so slightly earlier than planned because I intend to farm the event maps for drops, Hatsukaze specifically, with the expectation of doing it at all cost. So half of my resources were intended for after clearing the event, because usually even though event maps have very generous drops, they are also costlier than average to farm.

So next time, if you intend to farm something during the event, it won't hurt to spend an extra week and stockpile some extra resources.

Again, however, don't over stockpile. Make sure your fleet is ready for the event before worrying about drops, but that's something you'll have to figure out yourself
I went into this event with fuel and ammo below regen cap, and steel and bauxite were about 2-3k above the cap. What I wasn't expecting though, was for RNG to go trolling on me and killing my steel quicker than I could recover. Perhaps to take into account, I did use up quite a bit of steel just to craft Sanshikis and an ultimately fruitless pursuit of that elusive 46cm cannon. I estimate losing about 11-12k doing just that.

Fuel and ammo weren't a problem considering I regularly run Expedition 21. In fact, I was overseas for more than a week (and I only returned a few days before the event started) so my resources did regenerate to a satisfying extent, but ultimately not enough for farming.

I haven't unlocked 36 or 37 so no luck regaining steel there. In fact, I was not even intending to do any sort of farming but when I saw carrier drops I knew I just had to take a chance or two since I have rubbish luck crafting them. I did drop one carrier on E-3 pre-boss node once though, but it was Kaga whom I already have, and is currently level 69.

I better do equipment preparations as soon as I have my resources righted, after the event ends.
Old 2014-05-07, 17:06   Link #2093
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Finally got one of the Kongou sisters. Kirishima.
Old 2014-05-07, 18:09   Link #2094
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Finally got one of the Kongou sisters. Kirishima.
You can get all the Kongous at 2-2 actually. However, since they seem to share the same drop pool as the Fusou and Ise class, you obviously won't get them as much.
Old 2014-05-07, 18:53   Link #2095
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Guys, question.

Should I actually consider making a push on E5 or should I just lick my wounds to get my ships to higher level. I managed to craft Yamato today, who would be useless for E5 except for contributing a 46cm... my Musashi is now L40 (total count of 46cm is now 7)

I got lucky from 2shot craft Yamato, so I am sitting at around 30k atm. Would that hold out if only the Kongous are in their 80s? Plane wise I do have 3 reppu and some shiden kai2, but CVs are all Lvl 60 ish. Possible lineup would be Taihou, Kaga, Akagi.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 18:57   Link #2096
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Making a makeshift fleet might be worse than actually doing it with your regular fleet.
That said, I've seen someone succeeding with merely Lvl32 Yamato, so if your other BB are really THAT low level, you can consider using Musashi and Yamato, provided you have modernized them properly. A friend of mine did it pretty well with Musashi lvl60 as well.

30K is enough, provided you are doing the 3BB3CV first, and ensuring you get the air superiority consistently, which require approximately 345 or more to be sure (324 is the exact number, which is at the boss node, so you need 20+ margin to be safe).
Old 2014-05-07, 19:02   Link #2097
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, I kai'd my Musashi only today... I've been busy trying to get a real BB force. None hit over 60, and I am finding my kongous a bit on the fragile side when I tested the water of E5 a few days back. You do get 150 cap with 2x 46cm on them, but still.

I do have 900 buckets, so getting them out of the bath's no issue. Augh, but still.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 19:08   Link #2098
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

If you have no Nagato class above lvl60, consider using 2 Kongou class and Musashi.
You need at least 1 slow BB to avoid that maelstrom after the first node.

Overall, it is perfectly possible, as long as you are willing to commit to the very end (as in, the totality of your resources + a chunk of time), since you might finish it within 10 runs, or 30 runs, depending of RNG.
Old 2014-05-07, 20:33   Link #2099
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Attempting to S rank E-5.
This time, with bigger guns: A newly recruited Yamato who I got from LSCing right after I cleared E-5, and 5 new shinny 46cm guns.
Because... for Science!

Spoiler:

Didn't do so well since nobody among my BBs except Yamato survived into night battle haha.

KitaGod managed to sink BSH though, so the CLT-cut-in strategy is working at least.

I must say this though... Just how much armor BSH's supposed to have?! xD
KitaGod's full torpedo cut in, which is probably the most powerful cut-in in game that I can think of, only dealt 285 damage to her!!!

Well, I got a little more resources left to burn. Let's see if I can pull it off by the end of the event
Old 2014-05-07, 21:02   Link #2100
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Senkan Seiki has 160 armor.

As reference, Regular Hime has 90 armor. Flagship Ta Class has 96, and Flagship Ru class has 99. Comparatively, Yamato Kai has 118.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls