AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-09-26, 10:30   Link #2081
Ultragunner

And I will miss her....a whole lot

Spoiler for :
Old 2014-09-26, 11:03   Link #2082
Valky
Radioactive

Well, I'm lowering my expectation for the finale.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 11:19   Link #2083
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/934/934238/

Last episode PV pics. I'm going to miss this show
Not sure if you are sarcastic or not . Waiting to see Lina during the credit sequence.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 12:37   Link #2084
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Not sure if you are sarcastic or not . Waiting to see Lina during the credit sequence.
You caught me I'm really not

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 12:38   Link #2085
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Well from those pics it seems like most of them saw the "big finish"
Old 2014-09-26, 14:40   Link #2086
tigerdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Well from those pics it seems like most of them saw the "big finish"
I also looks like the scene where Miyuki explains Regrowth while in the helicopter will be there. I was hoping they'd put that in.
tigerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 14:52   Link #2087
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Wait, if lina is in credit that would mean season 2 is confirmed.

and that would mean.... more butchering
I don't know how much more i can take of this :/
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 17:08   Link #2088
AceTrigger

Season 2 are usually better than S1 (most of the time) cuz the studio learned their mistakes (hopefully..)

What do you guys think about an original movie?

I have this cool story about the Zero number clan trying to eliminate the Ten Master Clan as the plot of the movie
AceTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 17:54   Link #2089
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Wait, if lina is in credit that would mean season 2 is confirmed.

and that would mean.... more butchering
I don't know how much more i can take of this :/
A season 2 is inevitable at this point, the LN is popular and the sales ar good, she already appeared in that new game, I just want to see Lina .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTrigger View Post
Season 2 are usually better than S1 (most of the time) cuz the studio learned their mistakes (hopefully..)

What do you guys think about an original movie?

I have this cool story about the Zero number clan trying to eliminate the Ten Master Clan as the plot of the movie
A Reminiscence movie would be good.
Old 2014-09-27, 10:35   Link #2090
Ultragunner

Mahesvara!!!!!

Godamn, his allies were acting just like undead "zombies"
Old 2014-09-27, 11:10   Link #2091
millie10468

Don't quite know how I feel about the ending. The part where people realized Mahesvara was back was woefully underwhelming. This MB wasn't nearly as awesome as it could have been. But that's just nitpicking. At least we have more LNs to look forward to.

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 12:11   Link #2092
SoulEat3r

*face palm*
I feel really s2pid for watching this... Alot of things got cut out; the credits got stupid and stupid;
Mayumi starrng at her PC; Tatsuya's friends staring at his table and Honoka staring at the freaking sky; Miyuki and Tatsuya staring at each other; Maya staring at the cup and through the sky; Tatsuya staring at the freaking close-up.

Whats cha staring at?

BTW thinking about Mizuki's eyes is pretty OP and Legit; even Ghost Walker cant escape her sight.

EDIT:

Dang I got a lot of complain;?
Why the hell does Mari have to dress-up for?
LOL at Everyone got shock to Regrowth existance; Erika has been checking Miyuki out the whole time; I think shes a lesbian for Miyuki.
Lu got wreckt again....PLS thats a top 10 CQC Magician Hahahaha *monotone laugh*

I wasnt expecting much but wow; way to crash everything up. Good Work MADHOuse!

Last edited by SoulEat3r; 2014-09-27 at 12:22.
SoulEat3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 13:11   Link #2093
rladls2121

I felt nothing of it, when Tatsuya activated the first and the second Material Burst to destroy the enimies.

But where Tatsuya activated the Material Burst and locked on second location though, is getting lot of attentions from many people.
The map clearly shows the specific location where is pretty much cooked.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 13:15   Link #2094
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

OK, now that the finale's here, let me just share some of my thoughts.

1) The anime didn't play as I wanted it to, and I can't say I'm a big fan of it, but I'm just glad to see the characters I love move and speak. The casting was perfect and well, Madhouse does know how to animate. So good job.

2) It's doing well in Japan. Tatsuya and Miyuki even make it into the top of certain character polls. So I guess that means we get a season 2. Yay or not, at least this means more money for Satou-sensei.

However...

3) Throughout this whole 26 episode run I've had to cross paths with some really unpleasant characters in the anime community. And sometimes the unpleasantness went beyond one's enjoyment or distaste for the show or the series. It was really disillusioning...

4) Hype is poisonous to me now. After getting all excited for the Mahouka anime and being super optimistic, now I can't seem to bring myself to look forward to any new anime in the future. Especially light novel adaptations. Some may not have had problems with the show--I say good for them, I'm always happy to see other people happy, but point is--I did. Because though I know Madhouse gave it their best shot, I still believe they could have done better with this title.

5) I'm the type of guy who concentrates on the negatives...and the fact that some people will probably never stop giving us shit frustrates me. Still, the best we can possibly do is not to let them bother us. If they can't see what we enjoyed about the series, then sucks to be them. Their loss; not ours.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 13:18   Link #2095
Echizen777

Disappointed...I wanted to see Lina. The fights and Material Burst were good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulEat3r View Post

Dang I got a lot of complain;?
Why the hell does Mari have to dress-up for?
LOL at Everyone got shock to Regrowth existance; Erika has been checking Miyuki out the whole time; I think shes a lesbian for Miyuki.
Lu got wreckt again....PLS thats a top 10 CQC Magician Hahahaha *monotone laugh*
All of this actually happened in the LN, Mari wore a combat armor for protection and Lu was KOed by Mayumi's Dry Meteor. Since Miyuki was the one explaining I find it normal for Erika to observe her.
Old 2014-09-27, 13:24   Link #2096
Pegasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
OK, now that the finale's here, let me just share some of my thoughts.

1) The anime didn't play as I wanted it to, and I can't say I'm a big fan of it, but I'm just glad to see the characters I love move and speak. The casting was perfect and well, Madhouse does know how to animate. So good job.

2) It's doing well in Japan. Tatsuya and Miyuki even make it into the top of certain character polls. So I guess that means we get a season 2. Yay or not, at least this means more money for Satou-sensei.

However...

3) Throughout this whole 26 episode run I've had to cross paths with some really unpleasant characters in the anime community. And sometimes the unpleasantness went beyond one's enjoyment or distaste for the show or the series. It was really disillusioning...

4) Hype is poisonous to me now. After getting all excited for the Mahouka anime and being super optimistic, now I can't seem to bring myself to look forward to any new anime in the future. Especially light novel adaptations. Some may not have had problems with the show--I say good for them, I'm always happy to see other people happy, but point is--I did. Because though I know Madhouse gave it their best shot, I still believe they could have done better with this title.

5) I'm the type of guy who concentrates on the negatives...and the fact that some people will probably never stop giving us shit frustrates me. Still, the best we can possibly do is not to let them bother us. If they can't see what we enjoyed about the series, then sucks to be them. Their loss; not ours.
Well, I didn't look forward to the anime, but I wanted it to do well so a season 2 comes out. Hoping for a Lina animation haha.
Pegasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 13:34   Link #2097
evalot1997

At least we can be relieved that the anime is way, way, way better than some certain anime called *cough* S....A...(you know where I'm going with this) *cough*.
evalot1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 13:39   Link #2098
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post

I'm guessing you never saw the crap Sword Art Online got for Kirito. This isn't something you should concern yourself with too much. Some people like to bash shows instead of just not watching it. I didn't particularly care much for the anime either, but it is to be expected if they wanted to shoehorn so much into 25 episodes. Besides, as readers of the original source it is rare to find series or movies that are adapted well. You just hope that the adapted medium doesn't massacre the original source.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 13:45   Link #2099
Chris38

Well, after watching the latest episode ... the anime certainly had some bad points, like ... for example having Tatsuya's close friends witness Material burst, which from what I remember ... hasn't occurred in the LN, since they would obviously be some hints about that ... since Strategic class magic is pretty rare...

Another weaker point, is the character's characterization, which obviously is weaker compared to the original light novel.

Despite those ... and some other weak points of the anime ... I enjoyed watching it, since seeing some of the moments and characters from the LN be animated wasn't a waste of time ... at least to me.

So, I hope that another season of the anime is actually going to be made ... since there are definitely some scenes from the future LN volumes that I would like to see animated ... but I will probably don't have any huge expectations about the next season's ... quality...

Last edited by Chris38; 2014-09-27 at 14:01.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 13:58   Link #2100
Pegasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, after watching the latest episode ... the anime certainly had some bad points, like ... for example having Tatsuya's close friends witness Material burst, which from what I remember ... hasn't occurred in the LN, since they would obviously be some hints about that ... since Strategic class magic is pretty rare...

Another weaker point, is the character's characterization, which obviously is weaker compared to the original light novel.

Despite those ... and some other weak points of the anime ... I enjoyed watching it, since seeing some of the moments and characters from the LN be animated want a waste of time ... at least to me.

So, I hope that another season of the anime is actually going to be made ... since there are definitely some scenes from the future LN volumes that I would like to see animated ... but I will probably don't have any huge expectations about the next season's ... quality...
I think most of the weak points in the anime (lack of characterization, lack of explanations for magic/plot points) could have been resolved by doubling the number of episodes in the anime, but given budget constraints, that probably never was going to happen.
Pegasai is offline   Reply With Quote