Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-19, 08:47   Link #2081
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
3. Ishgard sells i115 common gear. It looks like quest and shop gear will start at 115 and go on up.
Doing the mission right now and I just came across a quest that gives ilvl 115 level gear. See? I called that!

There most likely will be the same for the ilvl 133 equip on so forth. What I didn't expect is that they would be HQ too, unlike all previous equipment rewards from quests.

Jobs quests seem to be divided in steps of 2, unlike the previous steps of 5 levels. I suppose that each level is supposed to take as much long as previous 5 levels or 10.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 09:48   Link #2082
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Also so far only the temple leve guy in Ishgard gives out leves. The settlements in each map don't have leve NPCs.

Also here's a tutorial for the Aether Attunement because the game doesn't exactly explain how to attune.

Basically in order to fly in a map area, you need to attune to all currents in the area. The currents are divided into 2 types, ones you find on the map (green) and ones you get from quests (red). The green ones you can get any time when you get your compass. The red ones are sidequests and subject to level requirements. In a way, you can't fly in an area until you meet the minimum level needed to access all the aether current quests. You better be ready as the zones are fucking huge...

And you don't get further skills from levelling, you get them from your class quests, so it's best to do them. Likewise the stat gains per level beyond lvl50 is kinda huge. On my PLD gaines almost 400HP per evel from 50-52.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2015-06-19 at 10:42.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 00:30   Link #2083
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Got a new graphics card that is 100% assured to give me great FPS with FFXIV. So I instantly pre-ordered Heavensward and got my subscription in. Now it's time for me to catch up!
Old 2015-06-20, 01:01   Link #2084
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So far It seems that Jan-Poo's right. Lvl52 gives i125 and I've seen lvl54s with i135s. From that progression we'll likely see 160 as the base ilvl of gear for fresh lvl60 players, and work up from there.

Other than that I'm loving the way Squeenix took the storytelling so far. So much lore and history in between in this Dragonsung war. Not to mention the huge environments are just majestic to behold.

Also DX11 is configured via the Config in the launcher. When you set in on, you can change the graphics options in the in-game menus. That said damn the characters look nice with all that tesselation stuff.
Old 2015-06-20, 01:17   Link #2085
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So far It seems that Jan-Poo's right. Lvl52 gives i125 and I've seen lvl54s with i135s. From that progression we'll likely see 160 as the base ilvl of gear for fresh lvl60 players, and work up from there.
I was close, there are ilvl 150 lvl 60 equipments. Some guy datamined everything and put it on the BG wiki so there are no longer any secrets.

for those who want to know more...

Spoiler for end game equipment:

Old 2015-06-20, 01:52   Link #2086
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Any info on weapons pre-Ravana EX? I'm sitting at lvl54 and I'm still using i130 weapons.
Old 2015-06-20, 09:02   Link #2087
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

there are several craftable inbetween weapons and some green ones which are probably dungeon drops.

You should be able to find titanium weapons already in AH, those are lvl 54 and ilvl 133

From the crafting side. I've started by making rainbow threads, the jump from lvl 50 to lvl 51 (with same equip) is enormous. at level 50 careful synthesis only gave me 66 progress, at level 51 it's already 151, it more than doubled. I can only surmise that all the old 3 star and 4 star crafts will become jokes.

Old 2015-06-21, 03:10   Link #2088
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just hit lvl56. So far people have been very cooperative and helpful since everyone's working their way up. You can easily see 30+ people ganging up on a poor Fate Boss. There's always people posting AC locations on chat.

I'm completely loving the fact that field enemies up here in the north are actually HARD. In regular Vanilla Eorzea I could fight 3 field enemies on my PLD and come out with half a health bar. In HW I had to actually use CDs to get through a single enemy, god help me if a 2nd one decides to join in the fun, and run like hell if a 3rd decides to get in on the action. Fighting in HW actually feels like a challenge rather than a chore when regular field enemies. I actually look forward to kill quests because you know they demand attention.

The only thing I'm hating are some of the search quests, especially...

Spoiler for spoilers!:

And the story... welp as I mentioned before fantastic job by Squeenix so far, especially the story around lvl54-55 is some of the best I've seen them do for this game.

The most hilarious part in all of this is the fact that DPS DF queue times are almost non-existent on high population times. Probably because half the population is working on DK. I've also heard of people using the Undersized Party feature to faceroll low level dungeons for shits and giggles. One i130 WAR claims to have soloed AV.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2015-06-21 at 04:44.
Old 2015-06-23, 02:48   Link #2089
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I've been taking it a bit slowly plus Balmung has been a bit congested at time and Aether data center been a tad unstable, so thus far I am only lvl 54.

But the graphics, the story, and last but not the least the MUSIC, SE really nailed of it, so I am loving the expansions so far.

And I really like the system SE came up with to earn flying it makes you explore and see the zone before you can fly in it, much better than just hit X level or get X gil to fly.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 04:36   Link #2090
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Finally caught up in the story to do some HW questing. After constant questing, I get to finally enjoy the content right on release

But still, this story is pretty engaging.

Last edited by Hooves; 2015-06-23 at 05:05.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 21:46   Link #2091
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Wow... the quest just a few before the 54 dungeon I am still in shock over the revelations given to us... I don't even want to put this behind spoiler tags it's too soon and too big to give full info out.

This also had some interesting explanations of other past things...
Spoiler for OLD & NEW stuff be warned:
MAL
Old 2015-06-23, 22:35   Link #2092
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just hit lvl59. At this point it looks like the story is headed into one gigantic clusteruck to end 3.0.
Old 2015-06-24, 07:40   Link #2093
Dark Wing

I've been leveling Dark Knight for the past few days best story line I've played so far.
Old 2015-06-24, 08:44   Link #2094
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

This Theme song wrecks all other Boss Fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I've been leveling Dark Knight for the past few days best story line I've played so far.
Totally! best one by far! Mainly because of the feeling of

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2015-06-24, 18:29   Link #2095
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
This Theme song wrecks all other Boss Fights.

It's good but not even best boss theme in expansion for me

Bismark's theme(s) are too good.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
MAL
Old 2015-06-25, 06:04   Link #2096
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Bismark is my new favorite Trial. It's deceptively hard when you don't know how, but relatively easy when everyone knows what to do. I hope to see that again on HM and EX.

Also...

Spoiler for The Vault:
Old 2015-06-26, 01:58   Link #2097
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

about the DRK's last job quest story... that cutscene after that fight yo... holy shit :O

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 07:02   Link #2098
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just finished the main story. That is a fan-fucking-tastic way to end 3.0 and introduce both the continuing threat and the arrival of Alexander.

And I thought Bismarck was an awesome fight, but I hadn't encountered the final trial fight. Great music with an awesome throwback to Final Fantasy 7.

Here's to the Law grind for Alexander and the next patch.
Old 2015-06-26, 07:08   Link #2099
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
about the DRK's last job quest story... that cutscene after that fight yo... holy shit :O
I know right? XD it felt very Personay.
Old 2015-06-26, 20:16   Link #2100
Alchemist007
*Author

Only done the hard modes so far, but I like both of the primal fights.

Tags
mmorpg