AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2017-03-03, 10:45   Link #2061
Applehell

^Feel like Elsa kinda of fits that role already though. We haven't anyone as fast as her yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCockDown View Post
Lol one of them isn't alive cough
They're both alive though,

Spoiler for Joshua:

EDIT: Official v12 cover

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 14:19   Link #2062
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Especially if the Speedster can run fast enough that he can go back in time and undo whatever good Subaru has done. You would have to make the speedster pretty smart, though. Unlike Subaru who resets once he dies, if the speedster does something stupid and tries to go back in time he could end up getting killed if he doesn't plan it out.

Even better: the speedster's goal is the same as Subaru's: Ensuring Emilia becomes the king. So the speedster will work with him at some times and against him at others, but still be working to his own ends.

...yeah, you need only look at my avatar and see why I love this idea.
Why are we talking about speedsters in this series? I have read comics and you have no idea just how broken a speedster could be.
However I would like the eventual Archbishop of Pride to do he same thing
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 20:50   Link #2063
tuckersister

I still like the wraith idea. It give Subaru something to worry on the side other than Satella and the Witch of Envy. The wraith is a manifestation of Subaru's emotions from all the resets and something else. The thing would probably scare the hell out of him (FYI he's the only one who can see it). It appears and disappears after certain time. The wraith will continue to haunt Subaru more and more as he can keep using "Return by Death". Basically, Subaru is his own worst enemy. The wraith is kind of like a grim reaper.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 21:20   Link #2064
BlackCockDown
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
They're both alive though,
Nah I'm talking about the roster in general, the one between Ferris and Wilhelm, bah you know who

Last edited by BlackCockDown; 2017-03-03 at 22:04.
BlackCockDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 22:57   Link #2065
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Why are we talking about speedsters in this series?
- I'd like to think I know how broken a speedster can be in ANY reality. That's why many stories/shows put (sometimes weird) limits on their speedster characters--a speedster with absolutely no limitations is practically a god.

But that aside, we can probably just dump the speedster idea altogether and just have someone who can reverse time--eg not like Subaru's LiveDieRepeat but actively reverse time of their own volition. It'd be interestingly scary--Subaru resets after another event gets him killed, but for some reason things happen radically differently in this timeline even if he takes no action. He clues in that there is someone else out there who changes the way things go.

He later clues in that this has been happening since he came to this world, he just never noticed it until now.

The kicker is he doesn't even know who that person is or what he or she has in mind or their goals.

It'd be interesting to see how much paranoia this would play up.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 23:06   Link #2066
BladeMancer

Quote:
- I'd like to think I know how broken a speedster can be in ANY reality. That's why many stories/shows put (sometimes weird) limits on their speedster characters--a speedster with absolutely no limitations is practically a god.

But that aside, we can probably just dump the speedster idea altogether and just have someone who can reverse time--eg not like Subaru's LiveDieRepeat but actively reverse time of their own volition. It'd be interestingly scary--Subaru resets after another event gets him killed, but for some reason things happen radically differently in this timeline even if he takes no action. He clues in that there is someone else out there who changes the way things go.

He later clues in that this has been happening since he came to this world, he just never noticed it until now.

The kicker is he doesn't even know who that person is or what he or she has in mind or their goals.

It'd be interesting to see how much paranoia this would play up.
If everything he did was invalidated, there's no question Subaru would slaughter that fuck.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
Old 2017-03-03, 23:26   Link #2067
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
If everything he did was invalidated, there's no question Subaru would slaughter that fuck.
- He'll have to find him first. This has potential for a great story arc. One that doesn't involve a psychotic villain, but one that actually thinks ahead.

Put yourself in Subaru's shoes: You've done this dying and repeating thing for so long you've just about gotten the hang of everything...then you find out that someone has been messing with your timeline. You later find that this isn't a new thing, this guy has been messing up your timeline since the beginning. You don't know who it is, you don't know how he does it, but you KNOW.

There's no threats. There's no clues or letters or any sort of outward bragging from anyone that you think might be the culprit.

Someone out there knows about your ability and is doing their damndest to make sure you fail. Or succeed. You can't tell because the things that change are sometimes beneficial to you and at other times harmful to you. There's no rhyme or reason to it, no logical sense.

Or maybe that's the whole point. He's trying to drive you crazy.
Old 2017-03-04, 00:05   Link #2068
Applehell

Quote:
Nah I'm talking about the roster in general, the one between Ferris and Wilhelm, bah you know who
Ah, okay. I see who you're talking about.

Actually on slightly related note I hope see we Reinhard's mother at one point, especially with Astrea family dynamics/situation becoming more and more important to plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I still like the wraith idea. It give Subaru something to worry on the side other than Satella and the Witch of Envy. The wraith is a manifestation of Subaru's emotions from all the resets and something else. The thing would probably scare the hell out of him (FYI he's the only one who can see it). It appears and disappears after certain time. The wraith will continue to haunt Subaru more and more as he can keep using "Return by Death". Basically, Subaru is his own worst enemy. The wraith is kind of like a grim reaper.
You're forgetting he already has plenty to worry about other than her with the Witch Cult, Pandora, that assassin group that who Elsa and Meili belong to, keeping a certain heterochromia asshole in line and if I'm reading what Tappei implications towards Arc 7 correctly then there is the potential threat of the Vollachia Empire making a move in that arc. His plate is full bruh.

Quote:
- He'll have to find him first. This has potential for a great story arc. One that doesn't involve a psychotic villain, but one that actually thinks ahead.

Put yourself in Subaru's shoes: You've done this dying and repeating thing for so long you've just about gotten the hang of everything...then you find out that someone has been messing with your timeline. You later find that this isn't a new thing, this guy has been messing up your timeline since the beginning. You don't know who it is, you don't know how he does it, but you KNOW.

There's no threats. There's no clues or letters or any sort of outward bragging from anyone that you think might be the culprit.

Someone out there knows about your ability and is doing their damndest to make sure you fail. Or succeed. You can't tell because the things that change are sometimes beneficial to you and at other times harmful to you. There's no rhyme or reason to it, no logical sense.

Funny you should mention this since something that like does happen.

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-03-04 at 10:46.
Old 2017-03-04, 02:14   Link #2069
BlackCockDown
Disabled By Request

Quote:

Spoiler:

Last edited by BlackCockDown; 2017-03-04 at 02:25.
Old 2017-03-04, 13:53   Link #2070
Applehell

More Carmilia art, basically today is her official unveiling. All under tags due to size.

Images

From the official twitter:
https://twitter.com/Rezero_official
Old 2017-03-04, 17:33   Link #2071
tuckersister

She's actually cute.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 20:15   Link #2072
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Spoiler:
- ...yeah. not yet...
Old 2017-03-05, 08:16   Link #2073
Applehell

"Re:Zero" Gets New Prequel And "Konosuba" Crossover Short Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
She's actually cute.
Indeed and I can't wait to see Sekhmet's design! After her it will just Satella, Pandora and Hector left till all the Witches are done. The last two should show up in v13.

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-03-05 at 09:16.
Old 2017-03-05, 14:07   Link #2074
Roxanne
メンバー

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Dr.cat is Tappei Nagatsuki?
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 19:53   Link #2075
BladeMancer

He should be
Old 2017-03-06, 10:34   Link #2076
Applehell

It's Grey Cat actually...
Old 2017-03-07, 08:35   Link #2077
Applehell

Someone finally got a hold of these! As from general details about the sidestories inside it's got a lot of character and world-building information. A fair number of these are characters are on the wiki (with slightly different spelling of their names) so you can look most of them up if you want a image to go with name.

Spoiler for Short Stories Summaries 1/2:

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-03-07 at 13:21.
Old 2017-03-07, 13:53   Link #2078
Applehell

2nd half of the side stories summaries.

Spoiler for Short Stories Summaries 2/2:
Old 2017-03-09, 09:43   Link #2079
Applehell

The official twitter has just put the Truth of Zero's (adaptation of the Arc 3) vol.5 cover and the Great Rabbit's design... heh.

Images
cover

Old 2017-03-10, 05:40   Link #2080
BlackCockDown
Disabled By Request

Wait does Hetaro appear in Arc 5? I recall he was with the group that encountered Regulus and Ley.

btw new Vol 12 art

Tags
alternate world, not harem, reborn, thriller, time travel, webnovel