maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

No translations for this?
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 13:05   Link #2062
charles88

I stumple this picture
http://imgur.com/fXe4puE
It seems that Itami and Yuka married and having first child or not? Pleasem explain.
charles88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 13:45   Link #2063
francescoG1

A question

Spoiler for armored Trolls:
francescoG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 13:50   Link #2064
Breimn

On 4chan there have been long discussions about these things. Look on archive.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 14:12   Link #2065
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles88 View Post
I stumple this picture
http://imgur.com/fXe4puE
It seems that Itami and Yuka married and having first child or not? Pleasem explain.
No, that's not their daughter, although not entirely unrelated.
Spoiler:
Old 2015-07-12, 14:46   Link #2066
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Spoiler:
Wait what.

What the hell was all that drama for then.
Old 2015-07-12, 14:47   Link #2067
francescoG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
On 4chan there have been long discussions about these things. Look on archive.
4chan? for me to find them something is impossible
francescoG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 15:27   Link #2068
bakato

Quote:
Spoiler:
Please tell me he had a good reason or Tuka threw a rock at his face.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 16:22   Link #2069
endarion88

Quote:
Spoiler:
dafaq??? baiscaly half of vol 2 was for nothing? and how the hell did he survive?
Old 2015-07-12, 16:38   Link #2070
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Wait what.

What the hell was all that drama for then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Please tell me he had a good reason or Tuka threw a rock at his face.
Spoiler:

I do have to say though, he does school Itami on how to manage a harem.
The stud elf instantly recognizes Itami is, like himself, the chick magnet type.
He tries to school Itami on how to love multiple women at the same time.
Old 2015-07-12, 19:09   Link #2071
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Quote:
The stud elf instantly recognizes Itami is, like himself, the chick magnet type.
itami find a mentor for building a harem and managing them....
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 19:55   Link #2072
SakurazukaJames

After reading the translated manga chapters I have to say the fantasy aspect of series is really enjoyable, but the military and political aspect to really bad in my opinion. I also don't really the combat because I thought that the fantasy world and the JSDF would be more equally matched, but that was a wash. The way everyone who isn't a member of the JSDF is treated bothers me as well, the bad guys in the empire are arrogant idiots whose job is to basically make the JSDF look good by being stupid. The Prince Zorzal thing annoyed me as well because I don't really enjoy designated idiots who are only there so you can hate them. The part I have to say made me angry was the rape of Noriko, the Japanese girl because in my opinion it felt like it was just there to make the empire look even more evil and stupid like "These savages touched our women, it's time for divine retribution." I thought that was just in really bad taste.

I apologize for the rant and I'm not condemning anyone who enjoys this series, I like it to but my own personal issues with series kid of gets in the way of my enjoyment.
SakurazukaJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 20:03   Link #2073
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakurazukaJames View Post
After reading the translated manga chapters I have to say the fantasy aspect of series is really enjoyable, but the military and political aspect to really bad in my opinion. I also don't really the combat because I thought that the fantasy world and the JSDF would be more equally matched, but that was a wash. The way everyone who isn't a member of the JSDF is treated bothers me as well, the bad guys in the empire are arrogant idiots whose job is to basically make the JSDF look good by being stupid. The Prince Zorzal thing annoyed me as well because I don't really enjoy designated idiots who are only there so you can hate them. The part I have to say made me angry was the rape of Noriko, the Japanese girl because in my opinion it felt like it was just there to make the empire look even more evil and stupid like "These savages touched our women, it's time for divine retribution." I thought that was just in really bad taste.

I apologize for the rant and I'm not condemning anyone who enjoys this series, I like it to but my own personal issues with series kid of gets in the way of my enjoyment.
Pillaging, enslaving, and raping of slaves was a common practice among freeborn Romans though.

http://www.heritagedaily.com/2013/08...cantinia/97996
Quote:
A Roman Citizen was allowed to exploit his own slaves for sex, no matter the age or circumstances of birth. A freeborn Roman could even rape, torture and abuse their property without charge or prosecution. A slave had no civil protection or authority pertaining to their body; in essence the body of a slave was to be used to appease the sexual appetites of their Dominus.
While Rome was certainly one of the most advanced, beautiful civilization in human history, compared to any 21st century 1st world modern nation, they would absolutely be considered barbaric and ruthless in nature.
Old 2015-07-12, 20:10   Link #2074
bakato

Quote:
Spoiler:

Okay. I'm about to go ballistic on this sh*t so I'm just gonna ask one thing. Did he regain his memories before or after Tuka got over her trauma?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 20:12   Link #2075
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Okay. I'm about to go ballistic on this sh*t so I'm just gonna ask one thing. Did he regain his memories before or after Tuka got over her trauma?
Can't really say, he certainly gained his memory back in the recent years, but the Gaiden is taking place after the first season and it's been several years since Tuka's trauma thing (around the time the Dragon was slain).
Old 2015-07-12, 20:26   Link #2076
SakurazukaJames

Quote:
Pillaging, enslaving, and raping of slaves was a common practice among freeborn Romans though.

http://www.heritagedaily.com/2013/08...cantinia/97996

While Rome was certainly one of the most advanced, beautiful civilization in human history, compared to any 21st century 1st world modern nation, they would absolutely be considered barbaric and ruthless in nature.
Don't get me wrong, I understand the difference in culture and values, but it felt like it was just there to justify beating up the prince and again I don't like villains whose main purpose is to just be Arrogant and stupid.
Thanks for the link by the way, it was really to learn something new.
SakurazukaJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 21:20   Link #2077
Izumo
Banned

I have a question, reading some stuff on 2ch (can barely read japanese but translator machine helps a bit) people were talking about the huge difference between the story on the original Novel and the LN-manga counterpart. I know from BT that is true but my question is how much is the change, a huge one or just a slight change?
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 21:36   Link #2078
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Latest chapter has been translated.

In this chapter, the JSDF are returning POWs from the Ginza incident, meanwhile, a group of fantasy world characters are learning to drive, complete with Rory failing her drivers test rather epically!

Also, Zorzal seems to be treating Tyuule marginally better- at least he's giving her proper clothing- probably something he only did out of fear of the wrath of Shino and the rest of the JSDF. That said, Tyuule is still keeping going with her plans to cause the JSDF to slaughter the Empire.

Regardless of whether Tyuule succeeds in getting the JSDF to wipe out the entire Empire, I sense a death flag for Zorzal coming up....
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 21:42   Link #2079
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
I have a question, reading some stuff on 2ch (can barely read japanese but translator machine helps a bit) people were talking about the huge difference between the story on the original Novel and the LN-manga counterpart. I know from BT that is true but my question is how much is the change, a huge one or just a slight change?
There's no change from novel to LN. There was a huge change from web novel to published novel.
What's the thread number and post numbers, and which of the thread are you talking about. Anime board, or the two in the LN board?

Anime boards move fast, so I'll need you to point me to the posts in question.
Old 2015-07-12, 22:36   Link #2080
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
There's no change from novel to LN. There was a huge change from web novel to published novel.
What's the thread number and post numbers, and which of the thread are you talking about. Anime board, or the two in the LN board?

Anime boards move fast, so I'll need you to point me to the posts in question.
Hmmm that thread existed more than 1 day ago, don't know if 2ch have archive (I guess it does) because the link is no longer working on that page. Same goes on the shithole of 4ch where people is saying there is a big difference, but thanks to you I know that info is true.

By the way can I ask you about the end of the original story, if you can by PM please.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction