AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-24, 10:41   Link #2041
Miraluka
Banned

Unexpected characters?
From the science side so far Level 5s like Accelerator, Shokuhou, Gunha and even Mugino could put smile on my face. Oh, Fukiyose, afterall she was the main charm of the daihaseisai. Mizusu... not that much.

From the magic side, well, so far, Index making her debut on the manga and.... I'm out of ideas here because I know enough about the magic side characters due to the novels and because they have Zero connections with Mikoto on that festival.
Old 2011-07-24, 11:21   Link #2042
tsunade666

xochiel (not sure on the spelling of this aztec girl)

She could show up.
Old 2011-07-24, 12:02   Link #2043
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Xochitl :P well I guess I am more used to aztec names.
Old 2011-07-24, 12:38   Link #2044
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Unexpected characters?
From the science side so far Level 5s like Accelerator, Shokuhou, Gunha and even Mugino could put smile on my face. Oh, Fukiyose, afterall she was the main charm of the daihaseisai. Mizusu... not that much.

From the magic side, well, so far, Index making her debut on the manga and.... I'm out of ideas here because I know enough about the magic side characters due to the novels and because they have Zero connections with Mikoto on that festival.
Betting on Gunha, maybe Kakine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
>With the revelation of the espers who will be taking part in the matches, everyone's almost too fired up!
Accelerator was not participating, he was taking care of last order.
Mugino just got her ass kicked by Mikoto, it would be awkward if she apeared and got her ass kicked again.
Shokuhou is in the same school as Mikoto, they will maximaly cooperate, but i won't bet on it, because she does not like showing up at all. Note: she erases memories of people that saw her, but she would be on all cameras there.
Tsuchimikado, Aogami, Touma and his other classmates are in the high school section, nothing to do with midle schools.
Plus most of Index cast wasn't even showed up in railgun, so this cuts out nearly entire Index cast.
Index was with Komoe, taking care of Touma's school, so they are also a NO.

So far I see it on:
Gunha (looked 14-15 to me), Saten, Akemi, Mako, Muu, Banri, Erii, (Miho is in midleschool?) -> participating,
Konori + the antiskill girls -> doing their work,
skillout + Ritoku + Shiage -> trying to stop and discredit the daihasei (you saw the fight with touma school, right? how they were beaten up and you can guess what esper levels gets the most beatings from these matches.)
kakine -> not in the fridge yet, but too old to participate, so just causing problems.
Kiyama -> distributing new school-only level upper as a boost for matches
big spider -> forced to help out with the daihasei

But what I want to see most is, if Gunha would really apear, then Saten would try to make Uiharu fall in love with him (or vice versa).
(Note: in railgun manga Saten is pressing Uiharu to find a boyfriend )

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-07-24 at 13:25.
Old 2011-07-24, 13:15   Link #2045
Shadow5YA

There's still Misaki the Queen. Isn't she in Tokiwadai too?
Old 2011-07-24, 13:24   Link #2046
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There's still Misaki the Queen. Isn't she in Tokiwadai too?
Her full name is - Shokuhou Misaki (I and Wilfriback both mentioned her)
And yes, she is in Tokiwadai (refference - railgun chapters 40,41)
Old 2011-07-24, 13:45   Link #2047
Avegaille

Huh, a lot of people are raging over the English Railgun manga... I guess I'll have to wait for a reprint or something... Silly bookstore here doesn't have any contacts with the Railgun's publisher, so I might wait for more years or just order it online...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post

So far I see it on:
Gunha (looked 14-15 to me), Saten, Akemi, Mako, Muu, Banri, Erii, (Miho is in midleschool?) -> participating,
Konori + the antiskill girls -> doing their work,
skillout + Ritoku + Shiage -> trying to stop and discredit the daihasei (you saw the fight with touma school, right? how they were beaten up and you can guess what esper levels gets the most beatings from these matches.)
kakine -> not in the fridge yet, but too old to participate, so just causing problems.
Kiyama -> distributing new school-only level upper as a boost for matches
big spider -> forced to help out with the daihasei
I wouldn't mind seeing these people for the upcoming chapters, if ever.
Old 2011-07-24, 14:11   Link #2048
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
Huh, a lot of people are raging over the English Railgun manga... I guess I'll have to wait for a reprint or something... Silly bookstore here doesn't have any contacts with the Railgun's publisher, so I might wait for more years or just order it online...
What are people raging about?
The lack of copies in bookstores caused me to order my copy online.

I can't believe the railgun manga is already at the festival arc.
Old 2011-07-24, 16:17   Link #2049
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If you want to talk about unexpected characters, the ones that would really blow your minds are the two female characters from Kamijou class that have always been shown around but never been given names
Old 2011-07-24, 21:29   Link #2050
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
What are people raging about?
The lack of copies in bookstores caused me to order my copy online.

I can't believe the railgun manga is already at the festival arc.
Just some minor mistakes. The translator called "The Ace of Tokiwadai" "The Star of Tokiwadai", unaware that the former was said in English. Adam Arnold of Seven Seas, the company that licensed the manga has said they will correct that mistake in the 2nd reprinting.

Another was saying Touma's catchphrase as "I have no luck." instead of the fan's translation "Such Misfortune."

Here's more info about it.
Old 2011-07-24, 22:08   Link #2051
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Just some minor mistakes. The translator called "The Ace of Tokiwadai" "The Star of Tokiwadai", unaware that the former was said in English. Adam Arnold of Seven Seas, the company that licensed the manga has said they will correct that mistake in the 2nd reprinting.
Yeah that should be changed.
Quote:
Another was saying Touma's catchphrase as "I have no luck." instead of the fan's translation "Such Misfortune."
This is really nothing to worry about.

Another thing that the people baby about is Psychics instead of Espers.
Old 2011-07-24, 22:16   Link #2052
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

On one hand they're just minor issues on semantics that doesn't really affect the story. On the other hand, if they're so small why are they making those mistakes in the first place?

Actually, is 'mistake' even the right word to use? They're not exactly wrong...
Old 2011-07-24, 22:30   Link #2053
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

They are not mistakes. They are "Americanized"

Star is the only thing since people say Kamachi might have a card thing going.

Queen of Tokiwadai
Ace of Tokidai

It's nothing solid but it might be what he's going for and might as well get it out of the way. Also, even the anime says "Acu"
Old 2011-07-24, 23:38   Link #2054
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
by js06 about the Railgun manga
Well unexpected characters...

Gunha might be a candidate, though isn't it kinda predictable he'd be involved in such a gutsful event?

Kakine? Eh... Since Railgun manga is Mikoto's POV most of the time, that'd be unlikely - however, Tokiwadai and Nagatenjouki Academy faced off and Tokiwadai lost, right? So not all is lost if that's Kakine's SCHOOL.

What about Girl in a Dress? She is Misaki's sister after all (MAKE-IT-SO!)

Nayuta-chan perhaps? That'd be unpredictable.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-07-25, 03:25   Link #2055
zaeraal

Some spoilers are out from chapter 43:

Who is that crazy psycho with scissors?

EDIT one additional image:
Old 2011-07-25, 03:29   Link #2056
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Some spoilers are out from chapter 43:

Who is that crazy psycho with scissors?
That is... Quite something I honestly don't know what to make of this... The faction of Queen attacking Mikoto?

The hair style looks almost like Mugino, but I can't be sure, it's too common...
Old 2011-07-25, 03:35   Link #2057
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

...So where are the unexpected character(s)?

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-07-25, 08:06   Link #2058
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

Here's more info about it.
Thanks for the answer. The use of star instead of ace did bother me slightly, but I had no problems with "I have no luck" as Touma's catchphrase, since there are many ways to interpret it.
I was just really happy to have a piece of the To Aru universe released in my region.
Old 2011-07-25, 08:13   Link #2059
tsunade666

The hairstyle of the crazy girl with scissors is common but her dress is not. that dress reminds me of Sherry Cromwell. But the fallen girl looks like a Tokiwadai student. .. .. I don't know what's happening in the railgun manga at all. They skip the whole experiment and also the remnant arc and onto the near daihaseisai arc. They introduce the queen which is fine by me but.... well it just seems like their isn't a main focus of the story anymore. Like in the last chapter where it's about Saten and Uiharu. I like that chapter but it feels like a filler. Then this one. I didn't think (though it's not yet confirmed) a faction from the queen will really attack Mikoto. Maybe just some random other espers? but that doesn't fit in the story.

I really wonder what are they planning.
Old 2011-07-25, 16:23   Link #2060
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The hairstyle of the crazy girl with scissors is common but her dress is not. that dress reminds me of Sherry Cromwell. But the fallen girl looks like a Tokiwadai student. .. .. I don't know what's happening in the railgun manga at all. They skip the whole experiment and also the remnant arc and onto the near daihaseisai arc. They introduce the queen which is fine by me but.... well it just seems like their isn't a main focus of the story anymore. Like in the last chapter where it's about Saten and Uiharu. I like that chapter but it feels like a filler. Then this one. I didn't think (though it's not yet confirmed) a faction from the queen will really attack Mikoto. Maybe just some random other espers? but that doesn't fit in the story.

I really wonder what are they planning.
The new arc hasn't started yet, js06 translated the Uiharu and Saten pic that was posted a few posts ago.

Text: Please wait just a little longer (sweat drop)
Uiharu: with about the odds of this manga actually heading into the new arc next month...
Saten: A-are the odds of that good?
Saten: Or bad?
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen