AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2020-02-11, 23:02   Link #2021
Roberto1

miharu was the first one to fall for Haruto and Flora was the first to fall for Rio, i think that flora and christina are a bundle, if one manage to get in the other one too, Satsuki is miharu's best friend, and miharu is so sweet that she might ask Rio to take her too, i wonder if liselote maids comes as plus too, aria is my favorite, it's kinda weird she is not even a bit interested in Rio
Old 2020-02-12, 06:21   Link #2022
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
@jagt i agree with you and i rate them more highly than those 4, but at the same time you cant really use real world logic like amount of time, because I still think at least 2 if not all four of those are in as well if he goes harem just due to their significance , ie they are in due plot shield not because in a real life situation they would be in

Flora is in because she arguably could be the first person that liked rio, and she set his whole journey as rio in motion (once again I remind you that yes in real life this wouldnt be enough , but from a literary perspective this gives her plot shield as an "important" character)

Liselotte is in because she arguably liked him before as Rikka, and kind of shares the same fate with him and Latifia, and she has oddly been tied with him since running into him as a clerk when he escaped Beltram

Crisitina was the focus of a whole volume, and the author went out of their way to show, she always had guilt, and you could argue she might have liked or at least admired rio close to as long as flora, although her pride held her back, and unlike like Flora she is less timid and more assertive

Satsuki has kind of been shown to like him, and get along well with him, plus Miharu technically wasnt a summoned hero, so she fills the harem position of hero heronine, since all other shown heroes have been male

Charlotte I personally have in there as well, granted towards the bottom, but she is actively playing the ring leader to the harem plan, seems to care more about connections than feelings so would have no issue being with rio even if she didnt like him, and she fills position of Galarc royalty and as the author has shown with the heroes like Hiroaki, tying them to royalty is critical, and they are kind of trying to shape Rio this way as well (ie people around him)

I also still think depending on the how much longer the author plans to go with the series, we could get others, for two reasons :

- at some point you have so many heroines another one wont make a difference, he is potentially already looking at double digits, so I find it nonsensical to argue at this point one more will tilt the scale into some unfeasible realm

- typically when the author goes with a harem of a size 7-8 plus, they fall into the category of I need one of every flavor (look at stuff like DxD, Strike the Blood, etc), so I still think he needs a character from several of the other regions to complete the set

those are just my opinions more so Isekai literary standpoint rather than the flow of this story per se, but I wont be shocked - Im honestly currently thinking Ester, Komomo or a princess of the opposing kingdom that caused Rio's mom to flee, and I think one other one
I think you misunderstood something, I don't think that those four don't have enough reasons for being harem candidates. My post was just an explanation of the reason why is logical that Rio doesn't care about the four yet as much as he cares about Sara, Ouphia and Alma, an explanation of why his bond with them is stronger that with the other four. I never said anything about the plot not allowing them to be in the harem. You can't use real life logic in any novel, be it this or any other else, but in this series the ones who have a stronger bond with Rio are clearly the ones who have spent more time with him, because in this series concretely the author uses the quantity of time and of experiences together of Rio and the heroines to be the things that says if their relationships are deeper or stronger, in this sense Rio was a given mindset a little more realistic tha other MCs, I personaly think how Rio doesn't simply realize that suddenly he loves whatever girl or how whatever girl won't suddenly decide to spent her days appealing to Rio in whatever way is a good point of this series. DXD is DXD, STB is STB and SG is SG, completely different MCs, girls, worlds, genres, goals, stories, universes, ways of doing things, ideas and circustances, and it's find that way, Rio is Rio and the others are the others there isn't any obligation of them doing whatever thing just because another MC already did it.
Old 2020-02-12, 09:00   Link #2023
Denker

And most importantly, the female author is writing a shoujo disguised as a isekai harem.
It could be very well only Miharu at the end, if any. But the author clearly invested a lot in Celia, so thats the cliff to hang on from if you expect an harem out of this. Literally all the other girls could end up as just friends.
Denker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-12, 20:10   Link #2024
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
I think you misunderstood something, I don't think that those four don't have enough reasons for being harem candidates. My post was just an explanation of the reason why is logical that Rio doesn't care about the four yet as much as he cares about Sara, Ouphia and Alma, an explanation of why his bond with them is stronger that with the other four. I never said anything about the plot not allowing them to be in the harem. You can't use real life logic in any novel, be it this or any other else, but in this series the ones who have a stronger bond with Rio are clearly the ones who have spent more time with him, because in this series concretely the author uses the quantity of time and of experiences together of Rio and the heroines to be the things that says if their relationships are deeper or stronger, in this sense Rio was a given mindset a little more realistic tha other MCs, I personaly think how Rio doesn't simply realize that suddenly he loves whatever girl or how whatever girl won't suddenly decide to spent her days appealing to Rio in whatever way is a good point of this series. DXD is DXD, STB is STB and SG is SG, completely different MCs, girls, worlds, genres, goals, stories, universes, ways of doing things, ideas and circustances, and it's find that way, Rio is Rio and the others are the others there isn't any obligation of them doing whatever thing just because another MC already did it.
I wasnt disagreeing with you. I understand from an in story perspective why Rio feels the way he does about who he does. Im just saying he is essentially a puppet of a writer, if you want to be philosophical you could akin a writer to a god of their own story, and his feeling ultimately matter for not. Tropes, writers own feelings, reader reaction ultimately dictate who rio ends up with, not who he has feelings for. How good the writer is helps tie feelings and the reality of a situation, and make pairings feel developed; but ive seen more than enough , not just harem, but even romances, where the final pairing comes out of nowhere with literally no chemistry or development.

Also I just used DxD and STB, as a template for how harems that go harem route , and actually just harems in general try to get one of every kind in the harem, whether yandere, tsundere, kuudere, loli, trap, childhood friend, high school idol, vampire, elf, god , dragon etc.

I think based on the original WN where Haruto was made the main personality , I could see Miharu only, but with the shift to Rio in LN, and his desire to separate himself from that personality I cant see this one go Miharu only.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-13, 13:22   Link #2025
silenceblade

I also feel that the author is forcing too many relationship between Rio. With his relationship with the Bertram kingdom, I doubt he would want anything to do with them. It would make more sense to focus on relationship outside Rio.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-14, 12:46   Link #2026
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

I would like Rio to develop his own country to govern. No to him being a king of Beltram or Galark or Yagumo. Go found a new country and take his waifus with him.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-14, 13:59   Link #2027
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I would like Rio to develop his own country to govern. No to him being a king of Beltram or Galark or Yagumo. Go found a new country and take his waifus with him.
It's a little hard to imagine Rio going through Touya's way, in the end Touya's country worked because in his world a lot of kings, nobles and Gods were set to be good-willed and lent a hand in several ways, he had a lot of supernatural help at the time of rising his country from zero.

The chance of Rio getting some land from François for his achievements isn't zero, but when the talk about rewards gets that big Rio's consent is necessary and I can't imagine Rio letting himself having such an annoying burden pushed to him, he may be perfectly able of whatever quantity of land management with just his smartness, if you add Christina's and Liselotte's help managing a country doesn't seem impossible for Rio, but different from Touya's world Rio's world is a kind of place where more of every kind of obstacle is waiting its chance for getting in Rio's way and Rio knows that.
Old 2020-02-14, 18:15   Link #2028
Pierre

Id figure he could officially govern the wilderness, giving the beast folk protection from the human countries officially, and if he marries Sara Alma Latifa and Orphia, those are the daughters of all the de facto rulers, not to mention he has Aisha.

But I think its more likely he would create his own empire, but it would consist of already existing lands. Proxia will probably fall, Beltran doesnt have a stable ruler either, and he could easily swallow a few of those other smaller kingdoms.

Would basically be the same as Tigre in Vanadis, although I never saw that one to the conclusion.

He could also go Arifutea route, and take his harem with him back to the modern world.
Old 2020-02-14, 18:59   Link #2029
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
It's a little hard to imagine Rio going through Touya's way, in the end Touya's country worked because in his world a lot of kings, nobles and Gods were set to be good-willed and lent a hand in several ways, he had a lot of supernatural help at the time of rising his country from zero.

The chance of Rio getting some land from François for his achievements isn't zero, but when the talk about rewards gets that big Rio's consent is necessary and I can't imagine Rio letting himself having such an annoying burden pushed to him, he may be perfectly able of whatever quantity of land management with just his smartness, if you add Christina's and Liselotte's help managing a country doesn't seem impossible for Rio, but different from Touya's world Rio's world is a kind of place where more of every kind of obstacle is waiting its chance for getting in Rio's way and Rio knows that.
True. Some of these obstacles would include leeches or saboteurs.
Gustav Huguenot in both the WN and LN is trying to tie Haruto down by getting him enticed with the noble girls. Granted, I highly doubt it would work since the girls leading that charge were also the ones who either bullied him or framed him for regicide, but it shows the lengths they are willing to go to drag him into their conflicts so they can use him.
While the smarter ones will try to ride the coattails of his success. I have no doubt the others will try to sabotage him for advancing to fast and too far. Just from the interactions I have seen, I could see Francois' son Michel as one of these types and it is likely anyone opposed to the Cretia, Kreia, Huguenot and Rodan factions will do something just to hurt those families even if it is not in their best interest in the long term.
And certainly none of them will offer to help Haruto. Huguenot and such may play at helping but they actually want him to do work for them, not the other way around. I think if Haruto was unlucky enough to get such a title, it wouldn't be too different from the situation in Wortenia Senki, he would just have more allies with moral authority (but little actual power to help him).
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-14, 21:55   Link #2030
Pierre

^I think some of those would change their tune if they knew he was born royalty. Michel's big issue was a commoner moving to nobility, not Rio himself. So I wager he'd have a different opinion if he knew he was a royal from the beginning.

Also if he could get Charlotte, Liselotte, Flora and Cristinia , their opinion wouldn't matter much, he'd have the backing of the most powerful Company, one that even the current king of Galarc and Hugenont try to court, ie Amande Co has almost if not more power than any individual kingdom ala a powerful church. Flora and Crsitinia are also the rightful heirs of Beltram, so he'd have the right to the claim.

Throw in Satsuki and he has one of the heroes on his sides, and he has already defeated 3 of the others, and defeated the enemy who beat the fifth. Not to mention he is the probably the 7th hero.

Throw in potential backing from Yagumo and the Spirit folk, he would have enough might and backing at that point.

Lets be real, no matter what he does he will have enemies that wont change, I feel by the end of the story he will cull the worst of the worst, leaving people like Michel who aren't really a threat, and I anticipate some kind of confrontation with the original six gods, after he defeats them, id wager if its public no one will want to mess with him, and at most he will have to deal with politics.

Lets be real, Nidou Proxia, throws fear into those surrounding him, none of the kingdoms want to openly antagonize him, and fear he will attack them, not to mention he basically came from nothing like Rio did. Rio will have to probably put him down as well, so if in that setting Ndiou can create a feared empire, I dont see Rio having issues.

Rio isnt living a slow life in this world, and he is already too known to everyone at this point, he either ends up dead, a king or something similar , or returning to Earth.
Old 2020-02-14, 22:43   Link #2031
silenceblade

The MC is named after Ryuu, an ancient king of Yagumo, it wouldn't be surprising that he would become a king. In the WN, he has shown a great dislike of the noble system and humans in general. It is hard to say what path he will take in the LN since the author strengthen his relationship with the nobles.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 01:40   Link #2032
Roberto1

Ryuu was not just king but a hero too, michael is just a stupid bastard, he thinks he is special just because his family is important

lineage and family name are powerless against strength, michael just angry cause Satsuki prefer Rio, i am not worry about him, i am worry about hiroaki and takatrash, those 2 don't seem to understand, i hope they.get killed
Old 2020-02-15, 04:17   Link #2033
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
Ryuu was not just king but a hero too, michael is just a stupid bastard, he thinks he is special just because his family is important

lineage and family name are powerless against strength, michael just angry cause Satsuki prefer Rio, i am not worry about him, i am worry about hiroaki and takatrash, those 2 don't seem to understand, i hope they.get killed
Agreed, Michel is not a threat. I just used him as an example of entrenched nobles opposed to him. The heroes are a bigger martial threat since they can awaken.

Despite the backgrounds, he is different from Nidor and probably wouldn’t resort to the same tactics.
Old 2020-02-15, 21:21   Link #2034
Denker

From the way he was presented, I think not even the author ever considered him a future threat or anything. Maybe he would appear to throw some shade at Rio, but thats it.
I don't see him doing anything or joining any group to seriously go against Rio.
Simply because his father has the final say to that, and he didn't seem the type to go against him.
I am far more interested in Huguenot's next move.
Old 2020-02-16, 00:05   Link #2035
Pierre

My view is this any political system be it democracy or monarchy can be good depending on the person. If Rio is just, and surrounds himself with good people he can build a good kingdom.

I think even if he doesnt want to be King, at this point he is too known, to live a normal life.
Old 2020-02-16, 01:25   Link #2036
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
My view is this any political system be it democracy or monarchy can be good depending on the person. If Rio is just, and surrounds himself with good people he can build a good kingdom.

I think even if he doesnt want to be King, at this point he is too known, to live a normal life.
True, he is a good individual and he's too famous in STRAHL to live a peaceful life.

Counterpoints: The long term problem with monarchies is that it just takes a bad apple to ruin it for the kingdom.
And he doesn't have to live in Strahl (heck, he could fake his identity in Strahl as long as he left Beltram and Galwark).
Old 2020-02-19, 20:23   Link #2037
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbold View Post
True, he is a good individual and he's too famous in STRAHL to live a peaceful life.

Counterpoints: The long term problem with monarchies is that it just takes a bad apple to ruin it for the kingdom.
And he doesn't have to live in Strahl (heck, he could fake his identity in Strahl as long as he left Beltram and Galwark).
True but the counter to that counter is any political system can fail. Even the greeks who developed Democracy knew it had flaws. Communism works in theory, but ultimately ends up degenerating into a oligarchy or dictatorship. Any political system is only as good as its people.

Rio is arguably known in Strahl, but also in the Wilderness, and even in Yagumo that can of worms could get open quick. Also given that Reis probably works for non mortal beings, this will at some point become a world wide conflict. Not to mention its known publicly Rio beat at least one of the heroes, Taka something, considering the heroes are more a of a worldwide phenom I wouldnt be shocked if Rio is actually more known know then what has been shown.

And yes he could hide, but his fear is people coming after him and those he loves which will happen whether he is king or in hiding. You either fight your fear or let it destroy you.
Old 2020-02-20, 01:04   Link #2038
Roberto1

i Wonder when is hiroaki gonna get what he deserves, his fight with Rio was not satisfying enough, he needs more humiliation way more.

My friend thinks there is going to be a second fight in next vol, since hiroaki is real angry cause flora likes Rio
Old 2020-02-20, 02:41   Link #2039
Denker

Not just Flora even, he has "a flower in each hand"
I would bet its next Vol, and since we are at it, we may be lucky and see Huguenot trying to use him to not get killed.
Actually, it would be hilarious if its Latifa who stomps him first.

About Rio as a kin, its easy to forget, but he is a Saint for the spirit village because of Ai-chan.
I just want him to go all out and say "Want my help? Give me my people. Every "demi-human" is to be released from slavery and given compensation" compensation being simply being sent to him.
I want Miharu to make him more ambitious, because when thinking about it, 90% of his personality was self-made to take care of her.
So if something were to happen to her, maybe he would go full "I need as much public recognition and political power as possible" hence making his own country.
Old 2020-02-20, 18:59   Link #2040
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
i Wonder when is hiroaki gonna get what he deserves, his fight with Rio was not satisfying enough, he needs more humiliation way more.

My friend thinks there is going to be a second fight in next vol, since hiroaki is real angry cause flora likes Rio

Dude you know what would push him to the brink, if even Charlottes sister comes out and says, shed rather be with Rio, and then Rona says, yeah I kind of prefer him as well. Thats what seems to hit him the hardest then a beating.

It wasnt Rio's beat down of him, but Lieselotte and Flora going for Rio that really made him salty.

Or if it comes out that Aisha is or serves the 7th God and Rio is basically a hero, if not the hero, that would take away Hiroaki's only thing he can "hold" above Rio's head, not that Rio cares.

Also Id kind of like to Rio be Ryou reincarnated, that would be a take that at Yagumo, you kicked him out once, and then repeated your mistake.

Alas Rio is not edgelord enough ala Watchmen do abandon anyone.

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai