AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-01-15, 07:37   Link #2021
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
And what makes you think Akeno the unwanted child of the Himejima can, she probably wasn't even taught by them before being chased out.
No, her mom taught her purification of ghosts/evil spirits
We don't really know the extent of her knowledge of Himejima clan's powers for now
Quote:
The chances of Kurenai was trained by Suzaku from SLASHDOG, seems more probable cause she's the only one that doesn't have the issue with Akeno and Tobio.
Honestly don't know shit about SLASHDOG, so no comments on this one

But with this we can't completely rule out the possibility of Akeno training Kurenai
Old 2016-01-15, 07:45   Link #2022
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
No, her mom taught her purification of ghosts/evil spirits
We don't really know the extent of her knowledge of Himejima clan's powers for now

Honestly don't know shit about SLASHDOG, so no comments on this one

But with this we can't completely rule out the possibility of Akeno training Kurenai
Himejima clan specializes in flames specifically the Suzaku, a type fire bird, if Akeno had the ability to use it, Azazel would've let her trained with that much earlier, it means that Akeno doesn't have the ability to use the Himejima's ability like her son.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-15, 07:58   Link #2023
Hakai

Quote:
Himejima clan specializes in flames specifically the Suzaku, a type fire bird, if Akeno had the ability to use it, Azazel would've let her trained with that much earlier, it means that Akeno doesn't have the ability to use the Himejima's ability like her son.
That's a bold assumption

Azazel already said that if someone unskilled used that bird the whole forest would burn down immediately

At that time she didn't have to train that much for holy lightning, just accept her fallen angel blood

If Kurenai who inherited the Himejima blood from his mother can there is no reason to believe Akeno does not have the potential as well

Of course we can't be absolutely sure she could but we can't just rule out the possibility just because Azazel never said so
She isn't even done mastering her fallen angel powers in the main story
Old 2016-01-15, 08:13   Link #2024
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
@Cake-Carrot: uhm what if Himejima Bloodline skip a generation "Akeno" perhaps Fallen Angel gene is stronger, only the recessive gene "Himejima Bloodline" was passed to their children by luck. ^^

seriously plz read Slash/Dog coz there is bit relevance in the main HS DxD storyline I think. ^^?
Old 2016-01-15, 08:29   Link #2025
B214

Quote:
That's a bold assumption

Azazel already said that if someone unskilled used that bird the whole forest would burn down immediately

At that time she didn't have to train that much for holy lightning, just accept her fallen angel blood

If Kurenai who inherited the Himejima blood from his mother can there is no reason to believe Akeno does not have the potential as well

Of course we can't be absolutely sure she could but we can't just rule out the possibility just because Azazel never said so
She isn't even done mastering her fallen angel powers in the main story
Except Akeno herself noted that she only has her lightning and purification skill.
Quote:
……My merit is the ability to control lightning that was passed down from my father and the power to purify spirits that I learned from my mother.
She doesn't have the true ability of the Himejima.
Old 2016-01-15, 08:45   Link #2026
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
I'm with Chich. With Ise being shown as too busy (will ignore bad father part) the gang should have some type of knowledge of it all so they can make things better in the future. If they can't make even minor changes to the future it's rather pointless to show it to us now. Better to see the future of things at the end of the series.
The point is us learning what happens to the characters after the events of the series, the author is showing us the characters future.

The main volumes will never get this far timeline wise so the author is having the kids come back in time so we the audience can learn about the characters future.

The character's memories being erased would prevent inconsistencies in the main series, as this knowledge would cause no end of plot holes and inconsistencies in the books that have already been written.

This series was based off of Boruto which was about what happened afterwards, not some story about altering the future. The author already had Gapser tell us that Ise has good reasons to not be around as much. And Ix is starting to change his attitude about Ise as he learns more about him. Its a story about the kids learning about their father not about the father learning about the kids.

Edit: Also for a change the future story, the future would have to be far worse than it is. Generally in change the future stories, the future is in a apocalyptic state not just because one of Ise's kids throws a tantrum and they claim he isn't around enough, particularly when a adult says he has good reasons.

Quote:
Being embarrassed of them doesn't have to mean she's not close to her parents
Rias does not have enough interactions with her own parents or Ise's parents for us to conclude she's closer to Mr & Mrs Hyoudou

The only times his Sacred Gear powered up due to pure emotions other than tits is because of his parents
No reason for us to believe he's getting distant from them since most of their interactions are off-screen anyway

And again, Zen already gave us the reason why they are so close with the others

Says nothing here about Ise being too lame and them being sooo cool
What makes you think the kids don't love their father or think the world of them just as Ise loves his parents?

Ise's parents know very little about him until recently, it was stated in volume 20 that Ise barely speaks to them and they were shocked when they learned what his career goals are.

Its similar to what happens in military families, when the father or mother is away the kids will bond with a babysitter or other figure. Like I said before its common among teenagers, its enhanced when the father or mother travels a lot.

Last edited by saw2097; 2016-01-15 at 09:21.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-15, 08:47   Link #2027
Hakai

Quote:
Except Akeno herself noted that she only has her lightning and purification skill.

She doesn't have the true ability of the Himejima.

Again jumping the gun
That was loli Akeno
No way she could've known her full potential
Those were her present abilities at that time and her mother actually needed to teach her the purification skills
No way a child like her could control Sacred Beasts as they require immense skill
She was later on boosted by Rias' queen piece and direct contact with the power of Sekiryuutei

Her fallen angel potential was untapped and needed equipments to be brought out
Same could apply to her Himejima blood as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika
seriously plz read Slash/Dog coz there is bit relevance in the main HS DxD storyline I think. ^^?
Yeah I've been meaning to read the for a while
and I will
There are some funny moments of Vali in it I heard
Old 2016-01-15, 08:54   Link #2028
B214

Quote:
Again jumping the gun
That was loli Akeno
No way she could've known her full potential
Those were her present abilities at that time and her mother actually needed to teach her the purification skills
No way a child like her could control Sacred Beasts as they require immense skill
She was later on boosted by Rias' queen piece and direct contact with the power of Sekiryuutei

Her fallen angel potential was untapped and needed equipments to be brought out
Same could apply to her Himejima blood as well
Not possible, if Akeno has that ability she would've unlocked it long ago.

Spoiler for slashdog:
Old 2016-01-15, 09:07   Link #2029
Hakai

That's SLASHDOG
This is Dxd
The one Kurenai summoned wasn't even Suzaku
Quote:
The Himejima clan is a Shinto family that is widely known and has protected Japan from ancient times. The clan is protected and governs the Sacred Beast Suzaku. (SLASHDOG is leaking!! )

What Kurenai summoned is not the Sacred Beast Suzaku (God of the South) but the Chinese Phoenix.
And it says in recent years
Not that they can only inherit them at young age
Old 2016-01-15, 09:21   Link #2030
B214

Quote:
That's SLASHDOG
This is Dxd
The one Kurenai summoned wasn't even Suzaku

And it says in recent years
Not that they can only inherit them at young age
They still take place Slashdog and DxD take place in the same universe.

Never said they were the same i'm saying that you saying Akeno inheriting the Himejima ability when she shown no such ability is more speculative than me saying Suzaku who is willing to accept Tobio and Akeno as family teaching Kurenai. Though now that i rethink about it, Fenghuang is the Chinese version of Phoenix, i think having someone from the Phenex/Phoenix clan teach Kurenai seems more appropriate since they're using the same thing.
Old 2016-01-15, 10:02   Link #2031
Hakai

You saying she absolutely does not have the potential because
1:Azazel never told her to train
1:Her 11 year old self thinking she didn't have it
3:The current generation of those who inherited it just happened to be young
is more speculative than anything I said

To begin with the sacred beast Kurenai summoned is not even Suzaku
Old 2016-01-15, 10:10   Link #2032
B214

Quote:
You saying she absolutely does not have the potential because
1:Azazel never told her to train
1:Her 11 year old self thinking she didn't have it
3:The current generation of those who inherited it just happened to be young
is more speculative than anything I said

To begin with the sacred beast Kurenai summoned is not even Suzaku
So? It's still stated Kurenai inherited the Himejima ability.

Quote:
Then, the eldest son Kurenai distorted the space around him and summoned a powerful being. It was a firebird with scorching flames that will never die out. He has also covered himself with lightning.
Quote:
"I, the eldest son of the Red Dragon Emperor and has the blood of the Himejima, will not lose!"
The Himejima clan is a Shinto family that is widely known and has protected Japan from ancient times. The clan is protected and governs the Sacred Beast Suzaku.

What Kurenai summoned is not the Sacred Beast Suzaku (God of the South) but the Chinese Phoenix.

Kurenai not only strongly carries the blood of the Himejima, he also inherited lightning.
Old 2016-01-15, 10:14   Link #2033
Hakai

Quote:
So? It's still stated Kurenai inherited the Himejima ability.
And it's not only limited to Suzaku
That's what I was trying to say
Akeno inherited the power of purification from her mother so just because she didn't inherit Suzaku we can't be sure she doesn't have other abilities related to Sacred Beasts
Old 2016-01-15, 10:36   Link #2034
B214

Quote:
And it's not only limited to Suzaku
That's what I was trying to say
Akeno inherited the power of purification from her mother so just because she didn't inherit Suzaku we can't be sure she doesn't have other abilities related to Sacred Beasts
That's like saying Tsubaki should have the powers of Sacred Beasts, Baihu, because she's from the Shinra clan, and Sona's knight, Meguri, should have the power of a Sacred Beast because she hails from a family that exterminates evil spirits. They don't have it, the story has shown zero implications on it, so saying that Akeno having it when she hasn't shown it is speculation already. At least i can manage to hand you a propose quote from the author, you saying that Akeno also inherited the Himejima isn't supported by anything.
Old 2016-01-15, 10:49   Link #2035
Hakai

I never said she definitely inherited it
I said we can't rule out the possibility since her son inherited the power to summon Sacred Beasts
You are the one saying it's absolutely not possible
Old 2016-01-15, 11:08   Link #2036
B214

Quote:
I never said she definitely inherited it
I said we can't rule out the possibility since her son inherited the power to summon Sacred Beasts
You are the one saying it's absolutely not possible
Akeno noted it herself as a child.

Quote:
……My merit is the ability to control lightning that was passed down from my father and the power to purify spirits that I learned from my mother.
Tobio is also a member of the Himejima but you don't see him having the Himejima ability too.

Spoiler:
Old 2016-01-15, 11:19   Link #2037
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Just as a note: Anyone in whom the Himejima's ability to manipulate flames or the divine protection of the Shinto gods wasn't seen was banished from the Himejima Clan. This is mentioned in Slash/Dog, too, like Saw said just now. I'm not sure if Shiori had it or not, but I don't think Akeno had it.
Old 2016-01-15, 18:42   Link #2038
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

talking about Slash / Dog anyone know the name of the five main clans?
Old 2016-01-15, 19:57   Link #2039
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It was mentioned in the story itself (both in Slash/Dog and in DxD (combined, not standalone, probably)), so if you read it, you'd know.
Old 2016-01-15, 21:01   Link #2040
Biohazardous

I got the first 4 chapters of Slah/Dog read.