Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-12-15, 14:31   Link #2021
Fishfeed
A good bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
TL;DR: Nazaricks Guardians aren't strong because of the number they have listed under their "Level" stat, they were designed in a very specific way and their environment is also used to further boost their individual combat prowess while draining potential invaders.
In later part of story, we will know that other players often treat and invade Nazarick as an in-game dungeon, so AOG members were used to place a lot of traps and creatures as a huge welcome and surprise.

From what I read (LN and WN spoilers), although guardians were strong, Nazarick's deadliest features were trap rooms and debuffs. For example, you can accidentally stand on teleport trap in floor 2 and suddenly get very close and personal with the Lord of Terror, who is in lower floor.

Another good example is the event of 1500 invaders. Guardians from floor 1~7 were killed, but there were still 1000~1200 invaders left, and later get wiped out in floor 8 altogether.

Considering the usage of healing and resurrection spells, guardians alone can't fight against a raid of huge numbers.In addition, Ainz in Vol.3 said that if invaders were few, AOG members will take care of them personally. So Nazarick guardians are in a quite awkward position in YGGDRASIL (act as a floor boss, maybe?), but they have became valuable manpower in world of "Overlord"
Fishfeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 14:36   Link #2022
Namorax

Well, we don't know anything about Victims actual abilities.. maybe his death triggers an "destroy everything on the floor" effect and that's why they leave it as a wasteland.

I'm curious, where did they mention the invaders had ~1100 members left?
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 14:51   Link #2023
Breimoon

Quote:
Well, we don't know anything about Victims actual abilities.. maybe his death triggers an "destroy everything on the floor" effect and that's why they leave it as a wasteland.

I'm curious, where did they mention the invaders had ~1100 members left?
Spoiler for raw:
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 17:05   Link #2024
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
Spoiler for raw:
So he's basically a one-trick-pony... would you mind telling me at want point of the story (only roughly) the author is telling us this? And is this the LN-version, the WN-version or the same in both?
After all, Pandora looked a lot different in his WN version.
Old 2014-12-15, 19:22   Link #2025
Aldheild
Definitely Not a Stalker

Quote:
So he's basically a one-trick-pony... would you mind telling me at want point of the story (only roughly) the author is telling us this? And is this the LN-version, the WN-version or the same in both?
After all, Pandora looked a lot different in his WN version.
A "one trick pony" that could overturn an entire battle is called a "trump card".
Aldheild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 23:59   Link #2026
Boccob

Quote:
I think Ainz would contradict you on that count: he only "owns" the eleven legendary Items of AOG by virtue of being the only remaining member.
Right. By virtue of being the sole member, he 'now' owns those items in the treasury. That all comes down to semantics. :P

So now that the NPC's are self aware, I wonder if he ever plans to restructure the guild and install some of the guardians as actual members? I assume not because it'd go against his Overlord reputation. But otherwise I just don't see him handing out any treasures that could potentially be used against him. (Excepting the ones Albedo already has in her possession).
Boccob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 02:27   Link #2027
Fishfeed
A good bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boccob View Post

So now that the NPC's are self aware, I wonder if he ever plans to restructure the guild and install some of the guardians as actual members? I assume not because it'd go against his Overlord reputation. But otherwise I just don't see him handing out any treasures that could potentially be used against him. (Excepting the ones Albedo already has in her possession).
According to Ainz in LN, the answer is no.

For anyone (heterogeneous, of course) to become a member of AOG, you need approvals from all 41 members (or won majority vote), because this is the rule passes down from very beginning. Therefore, Ainz might invite new characters into "Nazarick" but not "Aniz Ooal Gown".
Old 2014-12-16, 10:39   Link #2028
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldheild View Post
A "one trick pony" that could overturn an entire battle is called a "trump card".
I don't think a "trumpcard" is something you can easily counter the next time around. Victims ability is a very big surprise after all... you spend some time fighting it and when you're about to win... it suddenly happens.

Floor 8 was the deepest part of Nazarck enemy players ever reached, so they had no idea what to expect. If they had bothered to send a second expedition (which they obviously didn't, considering the punishment they had to go through) they would've made plans to counter Victim. Not sending in all their members, crafting armor to increase their defenses/resistances etc...

Ainz mentioned that Ressurrection staffs were easy to get, right? Worst case they split their forces into two, with the second force quickly reviving everyone once Victim is dead.
Old 2014-12-16, 11:18   Link #2029
Fishfeed
A good bait

Quote:
I don't think a "trumpcard" is something you can easily counter the next time around. Victims ability is a very big surprise after all... you spend some time fighting it and when you're about to win... it suddenly happens.

Floor 8 was the deepest part of Nazarck enemy players ever reached, so they had no idea what to expect. If they had bothered to send a second expedition (which they obviously didn't, considering the punishment they had to go through) they would've made plans to counter Victim. Not sending in all their members, crafting armor to increase their defenses/resistances etc...

Ainz mentioned that Ressurrection staffs were easy to get, right? Worst case they split their forces into two, with the second force quickly reviving everyone once Victim is dead.
This strategy may need some trial and error, which is difficult to executive due to the difficulty of gathering 1500 player for every attempt. In addition, AOG members can also react to the situation, for instance, AOG members can also split/revive guardians when intruders decide to split forces.

Nazarick has an excellent defense mechanism (traps+debuff+AOE), the attempt to conquer Nazarick was known for the largest party of 1500 players and NPCs, even this number of intruders had failed to take down Nazarick. AOG may not be the No.1 guild, but the guild itself is one of the hardest dungeon in YGGDRASIL.
Old 2014-12-16, 15:19   Link #2030
iheartz

Quote:

It's very likely that the Ressurrection staffs cannot be used in combat. Otherwise, it would be simple to clear just about any Raid Boss (which doesn't have full raid AoE) just by having a rez group and a fighting group.
iheartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 17:03   Link #2031
Namorax

Well, after EVERYONE is dead, I don't think you can consider the situations as "ongoing combat"^^
Old 2014-12-16, 17:33   Link #2032
iheartz

Quote:
Well, after EVERYONE is dead, I don't think you can consider the situations as "ongoing combat"^^
I'm not sure if I understand your point. But, I still believe that there's probably some system to prevent people from using the Wand of Resurrection until after you defeated the raid boss (wherever the raid boss may be), or else it would be too easy to win against any boss.
iheartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 20:12   Link #2033
Namorax

There was a time when I played MMOs, but that was a while ago and therefore I might misremember things:
IIRC, its usually not allowed to revive someone during combat. But once you beat the current boss you just have to wait for a while until the cooldown is over and/or use a scroll/item that casts the spell for you.

Yggdrasil will probably be the same, so once you know of Victims ability (unless they happened to die without ever realising what it was that killed them, which I consider to be unlikely) it becomes very easy to counter: Just send in the bare minimum of troops to deal with him and hope you can survive them after the dust has settled.
I simply cannot consider THAT as a trumpcard. TouchMe would be a trumpcard considering that he was the highest ranking player on the whole server, but Victim? At best he can be considered a nasty surprise, but not a trumpcard.
All we know about him is that he dies and when he does he won't do so alone. Since you mentioned "trap", it leads me to reason that he won't be as deadly once he leaves the battlefield/floor that was designed to enhance/support his abilities. Maybe he was effective during the one fight he ever had, but I'd say that was more due to the unexpected surprise than Victim's actual combat prowess.
Old 2014-12-16, 20:38   Link #2034
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Chinese raw for vol 3 had gotten to the second last chapter and here is some info regarding world class items.
200 of them, out of the 200, 20 are considered to be even worse than the others in term of being broken.

Ahura Mazda, 1 of the 20, a world size AOE that destroys everything that have a negative morality, (could totally wipe out nazrick in one hit), one time use like five elements and ouroboros.

Longinus, 1 of the 20, data deleting lance, no way to defend against it no way to revive, except with another world class item

Five elements, 1 of the 20, allows the user to freely change the world's magic system, a big middle finger to all magic users, one time use, disappears after use and reappear else where in the world

Ouroboros, 1 of the 20, do anything, a big middle finger to everyone, the item that was used by one guild to seal off an entire mountain mining area, one time use like the above.

World Savor, 1 of the 20, a weapon that can grow infinitely in strength as long as the user feed it more exp, allows the user to have the ability to easily solo Nazrick even during it's prime with all 41 members.

Also Ainz was terrified when he knew shalltear was controlled by a world class item, he nearly shit his pants, and escaped back to the tomb immediately. Considering how hax the items are, can't blame the man.

Last edited by Ap1001; 2014-12-16 at 20:59.
Ap1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 00:26   Link #2035
human6861

Well , if Ahura Mazda (Azura Mazda ?) can destroy guild weapon then it sure can wipe out Nazrick , but not totally , some NPC of Nazrick don't have negative morality .

World Savor ? If it that useful then Nazrick ready down in 1500 men raid . It don't disappear after use ?
or it keep drain the exp (data) until the character get delete ?

AOG have 11 item , Albedo keep 2 , Ainz keep 1 , still don't have the list of AOG's world class item . But i sure 1 or 2 of them belong to 20 worst , or else they don't stand still until the game end .

Then again , no one try to raid it when the guild become less member ? it hard to believe that non do it .
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 01:27   Link #2036
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by human6861 View Post
*Snip*
Then again , no one try to raid it when the guild become less member ? it hard to believe that non do it .
It's not like they announced that were looking for new members, and other guilds probably had similar problems with declining membership numbers.
Old 2014-12-17, 08:13   Link #2037
Jorna

Question when I was reading volume 1 I read this
"In the Great Tomb of Nazarick, there are 4 NPCs who excel in close combat. Being the most proficient in the use of many different weapons and possessing devastating strength is Cocytus. Fully equipped with heavy armor, boasting impeccable defense is Albedo. However, the one with the most combat strength, who is able to stand against the two of them is Sebastian. Other than him, there is also another who is able to beat them."
The four:
1. Cocytus
2. Albedo
3. Sebastian
How the forth guy?
Jorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 08:38   Link #2038
Fishfeed
A good bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorna View Post
Question when I was reading volume 1 I read this
"In the Great Tomb of Nazarick, there are 4 NPCs who excel in close combat. Being the most proficient in the use of many different weapons and possessing devastating strength is Cocytus. Fully equipped with heavy armor, boasting impeccable defense is Albedo. However, the one with the most combat strength, who is able to stand against the two of them is Sebastian. Other than him, there is also another who is able to beat them."
The four:
1. Cocytus
2. Albedo
3. Sebastian
How the forth guy?
Since there is no information about "the youngest edo sister", it is assumed to be Shalltear because of her fearsome close-combat damages.

However, if Sebastian reveal his true power, the power level needs re-arrangement.
Old 2014-12-17, 09:09   Link #2039
Jorna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfeed View Post
Since there is no information about "the youngest edo sister", it is assumed to be Shalltear because of her fearsome close-combat damages.

However, if Sebastian reveal his true power, the power level needs re-arrangement.
Yeah I thought I could be Shalltear in her valkyrie mode or something or Pandora Action he hasn't fought anyone yet right?
Jorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 09:15   Link #2040
Fishfeed
A good bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorna View Post
Yeah I thought I could be Shalltear in her valkyrie mode or something or Pandora Action he hasn't fought anyone yet right?
Well, according to Ainz, although Pandora's Actor is one of the most powerful NPCs in Nazarick (due to his flexible shape-shifting ability?), he is also known for intelligent and tactical thinking; thus, I assume his role is more management-orientated rather than a fighter.

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination