Notices

Old 2014-05-04, 08:46   Link #2021
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I want her =(

She is one of my dear ship daughters. So of course I would like them all. But if my put Z1/Z3 as flagship and do Yamato recipe, do i have a chance to get Yamato?
Yes. I know someone who got two Yamato instead of Bismarck (their probabilities are merely swapped, so Bismarck drop rate becomes 10-15%, Yamato's becomes 3-5%). Suffice to say, he doesn't even know what to do with two extra yamato.
Old 2014-05-04, 09:26   Link #2022
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Yes. I know someone who got two Yamato instead of Bismarck (their probabilities are merely swapped, so Bismarck drop rate becomes 10-15%, Yamato's becomes 3-5%). Suffice to say, he doesn't even know what to do with two extra yamato.
So without Z1, we still can get Bismarck, but her chance is 3-5%?
Old 2014-05-04, 09:31   Link #2023
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's the gist of it, assuming you have unlocked Z1 already. If you didn't, you have 0 chance to craft Bismark and Z3.
Old 2014-05-04, 10:00   Link #2024
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Yeah Got Z1 and Z3 just for daily during the event.

I guess it's better to craft Yamato, with a chance of Bismarck, rather than the other way around then.

Wondering if they will ever implement those merging/fusing mechanisms that TCC games tends to have. Like merging two Yamato or something.
Old 2014-05-04, 11:30   Link #2025
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I am still beyond the point of natural regen (I think Lvl 101 is what. 26k top). Prior to screwing up with those failed Yamato, I had 75k+ with 50k as my bottom baseline.

I will have to stick to my guns stockpiling wise in the future for E5. Going from E1-E4 is cakewalk, but all bets are off by E5.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 11:52   Link #2026
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

This event is my second and serves as a very good lesson. I have yet to achieve my personal "completion" (halfway through E-4 at the moment), but all in all, I've got to make a habit of stockpiling when needed. Buckets numbering less than 3 digits is quite something to go through, and a real piece of work too. I'm actually quite pleased all my daughters are safe considering my lack of preparation.

My all-time record bucket count must be quite pathetic - I believe I have never gotten over 81 buckets in my career.

At the moment my resources are middling (around 10-13k out of my natural cap of 21,250), except steel being less than 2k.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 12:19   Link #2027
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
I am still beyond the point of natural regen (I think Lvl 101 is what. 26k top). Prior to screwing up with those failed Yamato, I had 75k+ with 50k as my bottom baseline.

I will have to stick to my guns stockpiling wise in the future for E5. Going from E1-E4 is cakewalk, but all bets are off by E5.
I still don't get the point of stockpiling that much.
Stockpiling make sense for regenerative gauge, and only when it actually counts so really a month or so prior the event.

Wasting several weeks/months in stockpiling is a major waste of resources gained through natural regen (1440 save bauxite, which is almost a minimum LSC per day).
Resources is one thing, but it doesn't mean anything if your kanmusu are not up to the challenge, especially with equipements (and speaking of which, you stated yourself you only have 5 of them, 1 provided by Musashi to boot).

Really I keep repeating that but an event doesn't require 100K resources in a single shot if your fleet is balanced and prepared for the said event. The staff always warn players a little more than a month prior the event, which is plenty enough to stockpile the require resources (assuming you still had approximately your resources close to your regen cap).

For instance, I only started stockpiling around early march because I planned to do 5-5 on early April, and I had around 60K each after that, which was enough for me to finish the event within 2 days. If I were to spread my event attempts over the scheduled 2 weeks, I would clearly have even more for such task.
Old 2014-05-04, 12:53   Link #2028
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Yea... the other part to it is that your BBs need to get level so that the LOS and other soft specs would be high enough. The fact that I stopped from Arpeggio event till basically 5 days ago really ruined my odds of succeeding E5 gear wise.

I tried to use 1x Musashi, but Lvl25 even when fully modernized is just not cutting it. Now I am putting her through daily practices, along with Jintsu and Kirishima (for the searchlight.) Don't think that I can manage it before the 9th though.

Oh yes, figures. E1-E4 took a net hit of 7k with me running expeditions nonstop during and after it. Total use of about 50 buckets with E3 being the most expensive to do.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2014-05-04, 13:01   Link #2029
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
I still don't get the point of stockpiling that much.
Stockpiling make sense for regenerative gauge, and only when it actually counts so really a month or so prior the event.

Wasting several weeks/months in stockpiling is a major waste of resources gained through natural regen (1440 save bauxite, which is almost a minimum LSC per day).
Resources is one thing, but it doesn't mean anything if your kanmusu are not up to the challenge, especially with equipements (and speaking of which, you stated yourself you only have 5 of them, 1 provided by Musashi to boot).

Really I keep repeating that but an event doesn't require 100K resources in a single shot if your fleet is balanced and prepared for the said event. The staff always warn players a little more than a month prior the event, which is plenty enough to stockpile the require resources (assuming you still had approximately your resources close to your regen cap).

For instance, I only started stockpiling around early march because I planned to do 5-5 on early April, and I had around 60K each after that, which was enough for me to finish the event within 2 days. If I were to spread my event attempts over the scheduled 2 weeks, I would clearly have even more for such task.
Pretty much this.

I've been staying right under my 27k regen cap and investing all the extras in leveling kanmusus from each and every class, until 4 weeks before the event where I started stockpiling, all while still leveling and crafting but moderated so that I still earn about 2~3k of each resources per day without the help of natural regen.

By the time the event started, I had about 81k fuel, 84k ammo, 89k steel, 86k bauxite and exactly 820 buckets. And more importantly, I have 5 BBs, 2 BBVs, 4 CV(B)s, 2 CVLs, 4 CAs, 2 CAVs, 2 CLs and 5 DDs well above or at least close to the Lv.80 range and half of them into the 90s, plus a decent stock of equipments such as Observation Planes, Sanshiki and ASW gears to boot (barring 46cm). Everyone armed and prepared.

I had next no resistance until E5, and even after then I only spent a total of around 50~55k resources (except bauxite, surprisingly) and 280 buckets for the whole event if I count the ones I earned with expeditions while clearing. And that's from excessive spending too.

Proper investment into fleet quality >>>>>> hoarding without a plan
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 13:10   Link #2030
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

It's really what you've just said. E1-E4 has been easy sailing since the needed ships and gears are already at my disposal from the months that I've played. However, what I haven't prepared for at all is my undoing for E5. I got 10x sanshikidan and about 2 reppu/5 shiden-kai for example, so E3 was really trivial.

Most of my BBs are lvl 50s, and that's the real issue. Haruna and Kongou even at high 80s don't do E5 well. This situation is pretty much a lesson on the importance of preparation in terms of your fleet at the end. I can't exactly sub cheese it with a Lvl 99 sub victory fleet here, can I...

Old 2014-05-04, 13:18   Link #2031
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
I can't exactly sub cheese it with a Lvl 99 sub victory fleet here, can I...
Funny that you mention it

Right around the event update was being implemented, the devs tweeted that not even Iona can save you in the event. They were right:

Having even a single sub in your fleet is a guaranteed dead end in E5. Having 3 or more will send you into one before you even get to fight the first battle.

And besides... IsoOni is practically immune from torpedo damage anyway.
Old 2014-05-04, 13:24   Link #2032
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Huh? Which tweet was that?

At least, it is great that they took care of the sub cheese, because it was incredibly stupid that Fall E5 was doable with nothing but submarines.
Arpeggio maps were balanced enough to have advantage from submarine without exploiting them too much, while Spring made them practically useless.

Now, if only destroyers and light cruisers were a bit more relevant, that would be great.
Old 2014-05-04, 13:27   Link #2033
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Huh? Which tweet was that?

Now, if only destroyers and light cruisers were a bit more relevant, that would be great.
I'll need to dig around for that tweet because I only saw it from a blog post which I didn't even bookmarked. I could have mistaken a staff interview comment as a tweet but I'm pretty sure they did say something like that.

About the DDs and CLs.... weren't they pretty relevant for E4?

At least this is one part of the event that caught me off guard (I was lucky that I just happened to have leveled a 4th and 5th DD because I felt like it before the event. The same can be said with my BBs.)

Edit:
You're right, I've mistaken... it was just speculation among bloggers.
Old 2014-05-04, 13:31   Link #2034
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

It's amazing to note that at one point, I barely had any noteworthy DDs to use. None of them were above level 20, until I decided that I just had to train some DDs in the event I needed them one day. Those gruelling 4-3 runs plus PvP battles really worked for getting Shigure and Yuudachi to their respective levels today.

Now I have a bunch of them around 20-35 and Kai'd, while my top DDs are unsurprisingly the best ones available so far. Of them I only lack Verniy to really call my DD squadron the elite of the elite. Still around 45 levels away for Hibiki.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 15:31   Link #2035
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

speaking of speculation, I remember somebody say that Bismarck is actually replacing the odds of getting Nagato, not Yamato... I don't have any concrete info on this though. If that were true, then I would assume that you should be able to get Bismarck using cheaper formula than the Yamato craft.

Edit: I've not seen anyone reporting Bismarck using any other formula but Yamato craft though.

Old 2014-05-04, 15:33   Link #2036
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
speaking of speculation, I remember somebody say that Bismarck is actually replacing the odds of getting Nagato, not Yamato... I don't have any concrete info on this though. If that were true, then I would assume that you should be able to get Bismarck using cheaper formula than the Yamato craft.
Arguably not considering the reports thus far. If Bismarck could be crafted with minimum LSC, you would have a legion of reports about it already.
Old 2014-05-04, 16:03   Link #2037
Academus

I totally agree that of all the preparation one can made beforehand, resources hoarding is perhaps of the least help.

IMO, the list should run like this:

First and most important, high level compass-controlling ships.
Compass is the greatest enemy; anything that can help to reduce the influence of RNG should always be considered of the utmost importance. To this end, you would want to build a balanced fleet, with 2-4 high level ships in every category, so that you have everything covered no matter what the dev throws at you. Preferably they are also properly equipped, and has several sets of equipments reserved for different missions (eg ASW & night battle set for CL & DD).

Second, a comprehensive collection of useful or rare equipments including multiple 46, three star airplanes, waterplanes, radar, boilers and turbines, ASW weapons, shells, and other misc. equipments that have not shown to be of any use, for now. Useful equipments are there because they are useful; rare equipments are there in case they become crucial in the event. Be wary of another type-3-and-handerson.

Third, keep a close eye on dev's tweet. It announces event weeks prior, and also give hints to what you can expect, helping you to narrow down your preparation in terms of ships and equipments, and tells you when you should start storing resources.

Fourth, buckets. Unlike resources, bucket don't regenerate automatically, and unlike resources, bucket comes in slowly. Avoid using any bucket, instead relies on rotation on normal days, and keep on no.2 expedition when time is running out.

Fifth is resources. Ample resources only allows you more entry tickets; your fleet still needs to be at least half decent to stand any chance.
Academus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 16:29   Link #2038
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Absolutely. Don't be like me who skimped on slow BBs. The slow BBs such as Nagatos and Yamato are the backbone to E5. If your BBs are not to snuff, well, you pay in buckets. I need to bring Musashi on-line asap, then focus on developing 46cm when my resources recover in the next day or two.

Old 2014-05-04, 16:56   Link #2039
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Absolutely. Don't be like me who skimped on slow BBs. The slow BBs such as Nagatos and Yamato are the backbone to E5. If your BBs are not to snuff, well, you pay in buckets. I need to bring Musashi on-line asap, then focus on developing 46cm when my resources recover in the next day or two.
I almost paid for it for skimping on Mutsu (she was only Lv.60)
I was lucky that I just happened to have already grinded Nagato to 98 when I was farming 5-2 for rank before 5-4 came out, and had been saving her as my final trump card since.
Old 2014-05-04, 17:49   Link #2040
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

My only concern was the lack of "good" CA, considering I only had Takao/Maya/SuzuKuma at lvl 75, while Tone and Chikuma were barely lvl50 (took me ages since I wanted to grind them at the same time. At least, could have both Kai ni today).

The same could be said for CL, since I only had Yahagi around 95, while Agano Noshiro and Isuzu are Lvl78/78/69.

At least BB was no concern with Haruna and Yamato lvl99, Nagato and Mutsu at 70-80, and Kongou Kai/Kongou Kai ni lvl90 + Musashi/Hiei/Kirishima at 75.
The same goes for CV with Kaga/Taihou at 90, and Akagi/Crane at 78.

DD are pretty much fine the moment you get them at kai 2 level, although pushing to lvl 75-80 isn't so bad but not mandatory.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls