AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2016-12-25, 15:59   Link #2021
Sparteh

What is current situation of Subaru's gate (I think this is what it was called)? I mean his ability to use magic.
Sparteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 18:00   Link #2022
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
No. Tell me, how will Whitefox deal with Subaru's relationship with Rem? I mean they already turned Rem's character into waifubait even though in the source she was something more. They also removed a lot of world building scenes, skipped Subaru's rise to power, skipped Al's scene, shortened the candidate scene to just a simple sentence and skipped, made the whale fight excessively big, and made a happy ending instead of the tragic end (which would ha e been fitting for the show). I'm pretty sure they missed more details than the ones I listed here, but a season 2 would be hard to make with how many tie ins there are.
Nothing you listed stops a 2nd season from happeing. Most of the bits regarding Rem and Subaru are there and if go back and watch ep 21 he more or less he accepts feelings and she tells she will hold to that. Rem's gonna come off like waifubait entire because of her dynamic with Subaru. She's even talking about marriage and kids at one point. Her archetype tends lend in that direction. Honestly it's really what makes her popluar among otaku. I agree there is a bit more to her, but this is the aspect most people care and feisthize her about. The reavel about AI can easily bandaid in aa wasn't super relvant to the arc anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilia View Post
I want a Ova about Emilia's past I hope author will do it!
No need, the next arc covers that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparteh View Post
What is current situation of Subaru's gate (I think this is what it was called)? I mean his ability to use magic.
Completely inopearable post Arc 4. He can still draw mana I think, but can't use it. That said, he became a Spirit User at the end of Arc 4, so that's compsenates for it.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-12-25 at 18:14.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-30, 09:57   Link #2023
Applehell

Vol 11 Table of Contents

Chapter 1: Maid Maid Maid
Chapter 2: The Young Girl's Gospel
Chapter 3: Friend
Chapter 4: Value of Life
Chapter 5: The Witches' Tea Party
Chapter 6: Love Love Love Love Love Love You

The pacing seems to moving at pretty good clip and that's heck of a cliffhanger the book is gonna end at.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-12-30 at 11:07.
Old 2016-12-30, 19:42   Link #2024
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

wow, I wonder which chapters of the web novel includes the Chapter 1: Maid Maid Maid of the LN?
Old 2016-12-31, 05:45   Link #2025
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

I'm actually getting quite worried. Reading some info about the latest volume, they've been changing a lot of things. Now I do believe that Arc 4 was unnecessarily big, but they've cut and changed so much that arc 4 might become smaller than Arc 3. Considering Arc 4 was about 50% bigger than Arc 3 that is a staggering amount of content removed/changed.
EDIT: For those who read the LN are there any significant details changed?
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 07:45   Link #2026
Applehell

The Arc has been streamlied, but nothing major has been cut from what I know of the spoilers. It's been mostly just unimportant or redundant coversations or scenes with nothing much going on in them to improve the flow and the pacing. Beyond that some exposition has be cut regarding Frederica and Emilia which are mostly going to come up later. In Frederica's case, she and Garfiel's backstory have been modified a bit. Ram and Petra get much more screentime this time around, some of Subaru's deaths have changed, Ram has a scene with Rem and lastly certain things have rearrange and introduced early to setup the arc better.

Spoiler:

There is still too much content left to cover which take about 3-4 more books. All of Arc 4 books are individually longer than Arc 3's too, so I wouldn't worry about rushng.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-12-31 at 16:53.
Old 2016-12-31, 08:42   Link #2027
Applehell

leaked

Old 2016-12-31, 14:32   Link #2028
BladeMancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
The Arc has been streamlied, but nothing major has been cut from what I know of the spoilers. It's been mostly just unimportant or redundant coversations or scenes with nothing much going on in them to improve the flow and the pacing. Beyond that some exposition has be cut regarding Frederica and Emilia which are mostly going to come up later. In Frederica's case, she and Garfiel's backstory have been changed. Ram and Petra get much more screentime this time around, some of Subaru's deaths have changed, Ram has a scene with Rem and lastly certain things have rearrange and introduced early to be setup the arc.

Spoiler:

There is still too much content left to cover which take about 3-4 more books. All of Arc 4 books are individually longer than Arc 3's too, so I wouldn't worry about rushng.
I hope the LN isn't changed to suit the anime. This would be the first time the success of an anime would destroy the source.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
Old 2016-12-31, 14:37   Link #2029
RDNexus

"Changed to suit the Anime"? What do you mean?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 16:34   Link #2030
BladeMancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
"Changed to suit the Anime"? What do you mean?
The anime was very successful, but Whitefox couldn't keep a lot of details because of Arc 3 being so large. By changing the LN to suit the anime it could make it easier to adapt, and thus make a potential season 2.
Old 2016-12-31, 16:36   Link #2031
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
I hope the LN isn't changed to suit the anime. This would be the first time the success of an anime would destroy the source.
Tappei's been planning to do this for some time.

Quote:
That’s because, when the light novel was made, the first three volumes were consecutive publications with the contents written in around half a year. At the same time, I was also proceeding with arc 4. It was difficult for my brain to switch between the start and arc 4, but during that time I did have free time to update.
And when I have time to update, I would sadly go “I forgot the contents of my previous update.” As a result, I would write the same kind of thing. I would forget what I was trying to say. When that issue arises, the quality/crispness of the story is gone. I thought arc 4 was quite interesting, but had a lot of waste [pointless content?].
I think that was the biggest reason that [regarding arc 4 issues] happened
http://re-library.com/translations/r...e-anime-ended/

Moreover the changes make sense. Tappei also said he wanted LN to be a bit of new and surprising experience but still enjoyable.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-12-31 at 16:49.
Old 2016-12-31, 19:23   Link #2032
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

well, here are illustrations of re:Zero kara Hajimeru Konosuba Seikatsu, apparently at the beginning has a manga and for obvious reasons i not it will put, to avoid inconveniences, it better is send me an inbox if want the manga, after the manga comes Japanese text with 2 illustrations
Spoiler for illustrations of re:Zero kara Hajimeru Konosuba Seikatsu:

Last edited by beast 666; 2016-12-31 at 19:35.
beast 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-03, 16:37   Link #2033
Sparteh

Does Subaru have any longer meeting (with some actual dialogue instead of him jus dying) with Satella after tea party and that witch of envy going insane soon after?
Old 2017-01-04, 07:41   Link #2034
YbKWzNEb
Uninstall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparteh View Post
Does Subaru have any longer meeting (with some actual dialogue instead of him jus dying) with Satella after tea party and that witch of envy going insane soon after?
iirc nope. cmiiw though
Old 2017-01-04, 11:25   Link #2035
Sparteh

Since I am already spamming questions today, I might as well ask this.
When Subaru drank "Tea" aka bodily fluids (I really wonder which...), if I remember correctly it had something to do with witch genes (I might be wrong, I tried reading in Japanese). Did that effect reset with death?
Old 2017-01-04, 12:24   Link #2036
Applehell

Nope. Just stablizing the Witch Genes Subaru took into his body as well as marking him as Echidna's Apostle/Disciple.
Old 2017-01-25, 20:39   Link #2037
BlackCockDown
Disabled By Request

Was there actually a part when the gang punches Roswaal after the Arc 4 mess he made?
BlackCockDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 20:11   Link #2038
Applehell

Yep! Not till the very end of the arc of course.
Old 2017-01-30, 00:33   Link #2039
BlackCockDown
Disabled By Request

Can't wait to see that part translated Roswaal really takes the position of asshole supreme.
BlackCockDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 18:49   Link #2040
Applehell

WintryOne from r/re:zero translated Tappei's meeting with fans for Rem's birthday that happened last week. A lot of interesting infomation in there about how some of things in the series came to be.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Tags
alternate world, not harem, reborn, thriller, time travel, webnovel