AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-08-28, 19:19   Link #2021
RDNexus

If you've seen Shirobako, as an example, you can get an idea of how complicated may be to manage the production of a series, specially if the production staff is given a tight budget...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 20:35   Link #2022
MonkeyDude

They just need to make sure the budget allocation is done right. The fight scenes obviously take precedence with Stella love coming in second. The rest can be mediocre so long as they hit on those two notes.

It helps that Ikki just ends up sandbagging most of his fights until he activates Itou Shura for a 1-hit kill.
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 22:11   Link #2023
Darkbacon
The Masked Panties

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
They just need to make sure the budget allocation is done right. The fight scenes obviously take precedence with Stella love coming in second. The rest can be mediocre so long as they hit on those two notes.

It helps that Ikki just ends up sandbagging most of his fights until he activates Itou Shura for a 1-hit kill.
I wonder how many volumes it will cover and if it will do volume 3 fight against prez.
Old 2015-08-28, 23:14   Link #2024
MonkeyDude

Pretty much guaranteed it will cover up to Raikiri as Touka is one of the girls featured on the website. Since the anime is most likely 1 cour, up to volume 03 is the best case scenario for the adaptation as it makes for a great stopping point. If it somehow ends up being 2 cour, then it will have to cover the entire Sword King festival and I'm not even sure that's finished yet.
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 02:29   Link #2025
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
Pretty much guaranteed it will cover up to Raikiri as Touka is one of the girls featured on the website. Since the anime is most likely 1 cour, up to volume 03 is the best case scenario for the adaptation as it makes for a great stopping point. If it somehow ends up being 2 cour, then it will have to cover the entire Sword King festival and I'm not even sure that's finished yet.
It's not going to be 2-cours because it would have to end in the middle of the tournament arc. The current arc should end sometime next year and if they're going to make more anime covering this arc then they will need to make 2 more cours.

I am concerned if the anime will perform well. Series like High School DxD, Hataraku Maou-sama, Oregairu, Date a Live, No Game No Life, and DanMachi gained huge boost in LN sales thanks to the anime and their first season anime had good BD sales. It would be great if Rakudai can also accomplish the same. We'll have to wait till October to see if Rakudai volumes appear in the weekly Oricon charts a lot and if they are approaching the 100k mark.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 12:40   Link #2026
endarion88

too many good psvita games coming out in japan lately, i had to sell my "magic the gathering" deck to get money in order to preorder vol 8 XD i hope the pics will be enought to know if shizuka survived or not
Old 2015-08-30, 14:35   Link #2027
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
too many good psvita games coming out in japan lately, i had to sell my "magic the gathering" deck to get money in order to preorder vol 8 XD i hope the pics will be enought to know if shizuka survived or not
Did you know when vol 8 comes out?
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 14:58   Link #2028
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
Did you know when vol 8 comes out?
amazon say 16 october, that's all i know
Old 2015-08-31, 07:25   Link #2029
Darkbacon
The Masked Panties

Is there a brief rundown of what happens after vol.3 I can get or will I have to traverse the thread for hours?
Old 2015-08-31, 17:59   Link #2030
AP24

http://www.animate.co.jp/fair/fair_20151002cavalry/ (slightly NSFW)

Animate is holding a fair or event commemorating the anime. It's rare for them to do this before the anime airs.
Old 2015-09-03, 22:34   Link #2031
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

How cute. As early as Chapter 1 of Volume 2, both Stella and Ikki have thought of being intimate with each other.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 16:10   Link #2032
AP24

Did anyone know the author is writing a new LN? It will be out on the same day as Rakudai vol 8 release. I wonder if the author can manage writing two series and maintain Rakudai's release speed.

Anime is only a month away, I hope later this month we get another PV with new scenes and characters' voices shown.

New manga chapter is out on official manga website and it's covering Ikki's fight against Sword Eater.
Old 2015-09-04, 17:29   Link #2033
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Did anyone know the author is writing a new LN? It will be out on the same day as Rakudai vol 8 release. I wonder if the author can manage writing two series and maintain Rakudai's release speed.

Anime is only a month away, I hope later this month we get another PV with new scenes and characters' voices shown.

New manga chapter is out on official manga website and it's covering Ikki's fight against Sword Eater.
what's the title?
Old 2015-09-04, 17:34   Link #2034
Chinatown88

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
what's the title?
http://lndb.info/light_novel/Ultimate_Antihero
Chinatown88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 17:50   Link #2035
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatown88 View Post
I really love Rakudai but what about this new LN? it is any good ?
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 17:56   Link #2036
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Oh, I saw the illustrations of this a while back. It seems fairly interesting.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 18:22   Link #2037
AP24

Oh I forgot about this other ongoing series. I am talking about another series. That means from October the author will have 3 ongoing series.
Old 2015-09-04, 18:28   Link #2038
Chinatown88

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Oh I forgot about this other ongoing series. I am talking about another series. That means from October the author will have 3 ongoing series.
There's another one? Haha. I love Rakudai, the one I posted looks interesting. Just hope the author can maintain the quality of work with all these series going on.
Chinatown88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 19:18   Link #2039
KnightShade

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
I really love Rakudai but what about this new LN? it is any good ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Oh, I saw the illustrations of this a while back. It seems fairly interesting.
Quote:
There's another one? Haha. I love Rakudai, the one I posted looks interesting. Just hope the author can maintain the quality of work with all these series going on.
these are from the same author?
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 23:28   Link #2040
AceTrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
these are from the same author?
http://lndb.info/person/Riku_Misora
AceTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural