AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-10-14, 10:04   Link #2021
The 48th Ronin

^ Nope. We already have Spectre for that role. It was confirmed already before the show aired.

As for the episode, yeah, Akari is a bit annoying, and Onari is too dedicated. But their banter and clash of ideas are fun to watch, IMO. Not to mention Akari appears to be a tsundere.

Though I'm pretty sure that running gag's going to end in the 2nd half when things get more serious.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 08:16   Link #2022
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Akari doesn't seem so much a scientist as a super fan. She may appear knowledgable but she just really likes science, she's not a visionary like real scientists should be. I personally like her. Short-haired girls ftw.

On episode one. It really could have been done better. I wish they kept the fighting to only one kaijin so they could flesh out the story more but I think they were rushing out Musashi's Eyecon. This might be because they want to focus more on the merchandising than actual storytelling.
Old 2015-10-15, 09:19   Link #2023
The 48th Ronin

^ That has been the trend for a long time. First half always focus on the merchandise.
Old 2015-10-15, 09:28   Link #2024
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I know. But what makes me afraid with the 2 eyecon rush is if this would be an indication that there's just that many toys to show. Cobsidering he has to collect 15 icons and another 2 riders down the pipe. I'm kind of afraid for this series.

I still hold W as the best standard of mixing commercials and storytelling. Because the half-forms were utilized really well and even had consistently named finishers. I almost wanted a toy collection of Gaia memories just because of the lore.
Old 2015-10-15, 20:02   Link #2025
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i think the merchandising started to went overkill with OOO's with many of his gimmicks being hilariously easily to forget, Fourze's being total a mess with its own version like a James Bond movie to sell toys of his gadgets, i think W is the only one that manages to balance his gimmick with the plot progression & storytelling thanks to its controlled, restrained, very small limited number of his gimmicks that he even used repeatedly many times through out the series to face different situations, that even requires him to use his brains to think of a strategy on how to use the same gimmick for a new situation, instead of being a dues ex machina macguffin used like a disposable thing that is sometimes totally being forgotten by the writers themselves as in like being thrown away in the garbage after one usage,

"wait, i had that power up before right? why didn't i use it earlier? but this new thing looks cool despite not being as practical as the old one that helped us many times before, so i' ll use it instead because its newer!!" *to sell toys
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 02:04   Link #2026
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for Upcoming Movie Taisen:

Last edited by Tactics; 2015-10-18 at 12:56.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 05:03   Link #2027
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

don't tell me Chase became a ghost or something cheesy?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2015-10-17, 05:19   Link #2028
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot's Blade View Post
don't tell me Chase became a ghost or something cheesy?
Spoiler for Well ...:
Old 2015-10-17, 12:56   Link #2029
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Does this part of the forum not have a spoiler policy? Should I stop coming to this thread?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 17:22   Link #2030
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How far back do we have to go in order for it not to be a spoiler?
Personally, I stay away from any thread till I finish catching up.
Old 2015-10-18, 01:38   Link #2031
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That's useless, people just keep on spouting random stuff that hasn't even been mentioned in any episode yet. I'm not interested in knowing how many secondary riders there will be, or what their names are, or which characters will be back for the next Movie Wars. What makes people think everyone wants to know these things? Or why are they surprised that there are people who don't?
Old 2015-10-18, 01:40   Link #2032
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Technically speaking, the same spoiler policy that applies everyone should apply here too, but that policy basically would allow anything shown in the TV series to be on-topic. It may be considerate to put stuff from the latest episode behind tags in case people are behind (labeled so that people know what episode it is and if it's safe to open or not), but the rule itself doesn't require tags for that sort of thing, but just asks people to be considerate.

If it's something that's not in the show itself, or is information about future content, then that would be a spoiler, and against the normal rules would apply. But I have to admit that I personally don't know much about this franchise, so I don't know what's what...
Old 2015-10-18, 01:42   Link #2033
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

What about stuff from magazine scans or website news? I don't care about any of that stuff. I don't want to know anything that hasn't been mentioned in an episode. Is that weird?
Old 2015-10-18, 02:30   Link #2034
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Technically speaking, the same spoiler policy that applies everyone should apply here too, but that policy basically would allow anything shown in the TV series to be on-topic. It may be considerate to put stuff from the latest episode behind tags in case people are behind (labeled so that people know what episode it is and if it's safe to open or not), but the rule itself doesn't require tags for that sort of thing, but just asks people to be considerate.

If it's something that's not in the show itself, or is information about future content, then that would be a spoiler, and against the normal rules would apply. But I have to admit that I personally don't know much about this franchise, so I don't know what's what...
Well, Kamen Rider is similar to Gundam franchise when it comes to spoiler;
Things like promotional poster, official website, magazine article and toys cataloge is an official news that you won't find its weird in avid tokusatsu discussion.

I also put Dengar complaints into consideration when I post the poster and information since it once cause problem like this.

Trust me, the real news is promotional poster picture with three paragraph about comeback and movie plot, not just three sentence separated by one lines informing about the movie antagonist and one of the MC's new form, let alone magazine articles and toys catalog (which I avoid to post considering the problem) that can be much more cruel than this if there's thought such poster and three sentences news like that already ruining your day.

(The edit I did to the post with poster is just to put spoiler warning after later complaints. The news is still like that from the very first)

Last edited by Tactics; 2015-10-18 at 12:57.
Old 2015-10-18, 03:59   Link #2035
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

i just hope Akari's character doesn't get misinterpreted as an ignorant stereotype of the scientific community, imagine her meeting the cast of Wizard, she would be like brain dead due to unable to process what they are doing

for extra irony, a certain true villain of Wizard is a top scientist who happens to successfully unlock the secrets of magic that started the plot in the first place.
Old 2015-10-18, 07:00   Link #2036
demino_hellsin
That one guy

again I do not place Akari as a true scientist but more of a science "fan". She knows the scientific theories but doesn't really understand science as a whole and what it means.
Old 2015-10-18, 12:21   Link #2037
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
What about stuff from magazine scans or website news? I don't care about any of that stuff. I don't want to know anything that hasn't been mentioned in an episode. Is that weird?
Magazine scans & website news & any other official public released information are allowed, but they must be placed inside properly labeled spoiler tags. If you come across such info that isn't behind a spoiler tag, please report it.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-19, 04:07   Link #2038
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Should I describe the nature of the spoiler in detail? Like "info not from a TV episode" or something?
Old 2015-10-19, 05:43   Link #2039
The 48th Ronin

Look, can't we just agree that spoilers should be placed in spoiler tags?
Old 2015-10-19, 18:34   Link #2040
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

i don't blame why Ghost is happy & upbeat the fact a show starring a bunch of dead people & historical figures sounds depressing for a kids' show, with the history lessons make up for it,

i liked the fact Takeru's battles with the Ganma resulted in a poltergeist effect as people who got caught in the crossfire can't see them thus resulting in from the people's point of view of why surrounding objects suddenly get tossed around & destroyed, cars get damaged for no reason, explosions came out of nowhere, & Takeru rescuing the victims resulted in them appear to be floating by themselves, seriously i don't want to get in a crossfire of an invisible war

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu