AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-12-02, 12:57   Link #2001
Lucidrago

It's really not a matter of her training. It's about her entering into a match with Rias' team who is stupidly powerful. Does that sound like that should be someone's first combat setting. Note this is the main stage and not the preliminaries and the other 15 teams are all monsters who advanced into the main stage. She hasn't had any real adequate combat experience or anything. She doesn't have a bunch of preliminary matches to gradually master her power like Shooting Star did. Again you're basically asking her to directly participate in the match against Rias' team. Remember that a weapon is only as good as the person who uses it. Even if she trains Issei's team would still be very vulnerable with her on it if they faced Rias' team. Then there's the fact that Issei would most likely have to remove someone from his team which is another disadvantage.

I still see no way how having Ingvild on their team now could possibly benefit them?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 13:23   Link #2002
Lex79

Rias' most powerful member is a dragon. Issei's most powerful members are dragons. Ingvild has powers that affect dragons. That alone makes her an incredibly valuable asset on the battlefield. Plus, from a story perspective, she's a new character so she needs to be on the spotlight to catch up with the others and deepen her bonds.
It's true that she has no experience yet so I don't think Issei or Ravel would put her in the match. But if dhe is the one who asks for that in order to help her friends, in the end they won't deny her request.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 13:30   Link #2003
thefreakmike

Or they can, you know. They can just tell her that it isnt the right time right now, explaining her why its not a good idea for her to join right now.
Old 2018-12-02, 13:59   Link #2004
Lex79

They'll do in the beginning, only to be moved by her determination and change their mind.
Old 2018-12-02, 14:39   Link #2005
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Well it depends, most of Ise's team are people who are used to him (ORC members), are Dragon-related (AKA Bova and Ouryuu) or people with vast amount of experience (Grayfia and Roygun) in a sense most of them are people Ise can work well with. How much can Ingvild adapt to Ise in 1 month may be a factor as to if she's suitable or not to be in the team for the next match.
That's how long it took Issei to surpass Rias. Koneko who had all around worse specs to Kuroka due to her having two bishop pieces well Koneko just had one rook plus years of more experience lost to Koneko. Ingvild is 17 to 18 year old maou descended with a high tier longinus and a queen piece boosting her bloodline and possibly scared gear. If she had a month she could easily become ultimate class. Issei adapted to Rias team in like a day anyway. So it wouldn't be shocking if she can hang with the other queens right away.

This would be a good time to show Akeno finally reached Cadre level this volume just a random thought.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 14:42   Link #2006
sbh1fr

If ishibumi wants her in, she'll join. Being inexperienced doesnt matter. She's descendent of leviathan with 8 wings, a longinus and lot of demonic power not to mention isse queen.
She can take roygun or grayfia spot in the team. Rest she needs to follow plan/instuction given by ravel. Thats it.
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 14:45   Link #2007
thefreakmike

Pretty sure Issei wouldn’t think of getting rid of Grayfia, who is pretty much the second strongest member of the team right now
Old 2018-12-02, 14:54   Link #2008
TommyG

If Bova becomes a familiar than Asia can move to pawn and Ingvild can play as Bishop, she keeps her magic boost which I imagine will be her fighting style (I somehow doubt she's going to focus on strength) and I can't see Bova saying no if Issei asks him to be his familiar.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 15:08   Link #2009
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreakmike View Post
Pretty sure Issei wouldn’t think of getting rid of Grayfia, who is pretty much the second strongest member of the team right now
Unless Grayfia herself gives her position to Ingvild.
Old 2018-12-04, 02:44   Link #2010
Lucidrago

If anybody doesn't know this by now, the girl with Suzaku on the Slash Dog Volume 3 cover is Genbu Doumon. She made a brief cameo in High School DxD Volume 24.
Old 2018-12-04, 07:36   Link #2011
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
If anybody doesn't know this by now, the girl with Suzaku on the Slash Dog Volume 3 cover is Genbu Doumon. She made a brief cameo in High School DxD Volume 24.
And Shin vol 2 will have Strada, Crom, Nakiri and Lint illustrations. Source: Ishibumi's Twitter
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-04, 10:29   Link #2012
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmito View Post
And Shin vol 2 will have Strada, Crom, Nakiri and Lint illustrations. Source: Ishibumi's Twitter
Putting it like that makes it seem like there will be a lot of illustrations. So it will probably all be on a single page

When do you think quotes will be out?
Old 2018-12-04, 11:48   Link #2013
Beelzebub sama

@cyberdemon
Unfortunately there would be no qoutes this time due to ishibumi's illness
Beelzebub sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-04, 12:10   Link #2014
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Putting it like that makes it seem like there will be a lot of illustrations. So it will probably all be on a single page

When do you think quotes will be out?
Well, Miyama decided to change the cover style to one more similar to Slash Dog, so maybe he also does 14 illustrations as the Slash Dog illustrator has been doing so far. We can dream.
Old 2018-12-04, 13:04   Link #2015
AzazelDxD

Quote:
Well, Miyama decided to change the cover style to one more similar to Slash Dog, so maybe he also does 14 illustrations as the Slash Dog illustrator has been doing so far. We can dream.
Only adding 7 volume images(covers not included) during the rest of dxd existence he would surprise me..

I will forgive him this time, I am interested in these 4 characters images.. I am surprised for receive their appearances in the same volume..

Last edited by AzazelDxD; 2018-12-04 at 13:38.
AzazelDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-04, 13:12   Link #2016
Lucidrago

Quote:
You mean just having two people on the cover?

14 illustrations from Miyama? When the Underworld freezes over.

I would say we're getting 5-6 regular illustrations(not including the cover).
Old 2018-12-04, 13:30   Link #2017
Palmito

Quote:
You mean just having two people on the cover?

14 illustrations from Miyama? When the Underworld freezes over.

I would say we're getting 5-6 regular illustrations(not including the cover).
"We can dream."

@AzazelDxD: Well, the last time he did a decent amount of illustrations was in Volume 19 (8 not counting the cover), and he probably only did it because Volume 18 only had 2 illustrations (not counting the cover). Usually he does between 3 and 6 illustrations per volume. I do not think he's lazy, mainly because the amount of money he gets paid probably depends on the amount of illustrations he does. So maybe the amount of illustrations he does depends on how many Ishibumi / editor asks him to do? Because I'm pretty sure that if someone came and said "make more illustrations and we'll pay you more," Miyama would do more illustrations. Maybe Miyama charges too much for each illustration and Ishibumi / editor do not want to spend so much money on the illustrations and thats why they ask him to do just a few per volume?

Last edited by Palmito; 2018-12-04 at 14:12.
Old 2018-12-04, 17:52   Link #2018
B214

Quote:
Chances are Nakiri and Crom 1 illustration together, Strada and Lint 1 illustration together and that's all.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-04, 18:49   Link #2019
Lucidrago

So do you guys think that Tobio's team consists of his own team(Lavinia and the Four Fiends) along with Suzaku, Seiryu, Genbu, and Byakko, the heads of four of the five great families who are the possessors of the Sacred Beasts they are named after.

My guess is Tobio's team line-up would look like this:

King: Tobio Ikuse

Queen: Suzaku Himejima

Rook: Byakko Shinra

Rook: One of the Four Fiends

Knight: Kouki Samejima

Knight: Seiryu Kushihashi

Bishop: Lavinia Reni

Bishop: Genbu Doumon

Pawn[4]: Natsume Minagawa

Pawn[4]: Other Four Fiend(Can't remember those two's names for the life of me)

EDIT: Shigune Nanadaru and Kyousuke Koga are their names according to Slash Dog spoilers. I bet they are on his team for the Azazel Cup.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-12-04 at 19:59.
Old 2018-12-04, 21:11   Link #2020
sbh1fr

Quote:
So do you guys think that Tobio's team consists of his own team(Lavinia and the Four Fiends) along with Suzaku, Seiryu, Genbu, and Byakko, the heads of four of the five great families who are the possessors of the Sacred Beasts they are named after.

My guess is Tobio's team line-up would look like this:

King: Tobio Ikuse

Queen: Suzaku Himejima

Rook: Byakko Shinra

Rook: One of the Four Fiends

Knight: Kouki Samejima

Knight: Seiryu Kushihashi

Bishop: Lavinia Reni

Bishop: Genbu Doumon

Pawn[4]: Natsume Minagawa

Pawn[4]: Other Four Fiend(Can't remember those two's names for the life of me)

EDIT: Shigune Nanadaru and Kyousuke Koga are their names according to Slash Dog spoilers. I bet they are on his team for the Azazel Cup.
Shouldnt lavinia be queen, she has a longinus. Only Lavinia and Tobio have Longinus in the team. The others have lesser sacred gears.

Last edited by sbh1fr; 2018-12-04 at 22:23.
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote