AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2020-02-01, 04:01   Link #2001
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denker View Post
Yeah, kinda. From our POV, the Proxia/Reis side is objectively evil and an enemy, but "our side" fucking sucks. At least Galwark are mostly smart opportunists, which is the kind of ally you want when you are at advantage. "Restoration" can burn, if 2 to 3 heroines weren't so attached to it.
True, I am not so mad about the Princesses' ties to them since it is natural but I am disappointed that Celia wanted to join the organization led by the same man who framed Rio and tried to kill him when he was a boy. She should be looking for ways to take them down, not help them.
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-01, 04:06   Link #2002
Denker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbold View Post
True, I am not so mad about the Princesses' ties to them since it is natural but I am disappointed that Celia wanted to join the organization led by the same man who framed Rio and tried to kill him when he was a boy. She should be looking for ways to take them down, not help them.
I forgot. Does she know about Hugenot sending an assassin?
Still, i don't know how someone who supposedly is laser focused on her research could have patriotic feelings. I think it only makes sense when she considers wht hwr family wouod do, aka them being the patriotic ones and getting killed for it.
In any way, I hope Latifa decides to off Hugenot and Stewart.
Denker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-01, 04:43   Link #2003
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Rio has some guesses as to who was the one that sent Latifa after him, but he has always remained silent on it due to not having any solid proof which requires having Latifa herself confirm it.
Old 2020-02-01, 05:18   Link #2004
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyureki View Post
Rio has some guesses as to who was the one that sent Latifa after him, but he has always remained silent on it due to not having any solid proof which requires having Latifa herself confirm it.
But I think he has told her his suspicions. And if he hasn't, she at least knows that he was framed primarily by Stewart Huguenot and Alphonse Rodan, the two main families of Restoration.
Old 2020-02-01, 05:24   Link #2005
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Iirc, he's only told her that he doesn't trust the nobles because of Latifa's circumstances without giving any hints or indicators as to who and that he won't forgive that specific person.
Old 2020-02-01, 06:59   Link #2006
jagt

Rio doesn't trust the nobles from the Bertram kingdom because of what happened to him when he saved Flora, his treatment in the academy and lastly the framing, it's not like he doesn't care about the assassination attemp, but it didn't do anymoe any difference about his image of nobles.

Rio has been 90% convinced of Hugenot being the one who sent Latifa after him since she said to him that the one mking her calling him onii-sama was called Stead, in the volume 13 he told to Miharu, Latifa, Sara, Ouphia and Alma that Gustave Hugenot was the number one candidate for being Latifa's former master because he was the one who had more to gain when he was framed and because his first son is called Stead but that without Latifa's final confirmation he can't say for sure that he was Latifas's master. Aisia knows all of this because her soul is connected to Rio's but I'm not sure in Celia's case, I think Latifa didn't talk to her about her past as assassin yet, so I think she still doesn't know abput the assassination attemp, by the way, Celia wanted to join Restoration due to her loyalty to the royal family, because she considered that it was her duty as a noble to help Christina anyway she could be able of.

In the volume 15 he told to Christina and Flora that there was just one thing that he didn't have any intention of forgiving and to not do anything for the time being because it depends on another perspn's decision if he makes something about it or not, Christina and Flora are now fully convinced that their kingdom made something else aside of framing Rio but he didn't said anything about the assassination attemp, they basicaly don't know what happened yet, they only know that someone close to Rio different from Celia is involved, right now Rio doesn't plan to do nothing yet to Hugenot, only if Latifa confirms that he was her master and says that she wants any king of revenge Rio will do anything about Hugenot, in Rio's opinion Latifa is way more Hugenot's victim that him, so it's on her taking revenge or not.

Last edited by jagt; 2020-02-01 at 11:04.
jagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-01, 10:04   Link #2007
Denker

Well, either way next Vol will be interesting. From what I get, Latifa will be present in Galwark's castle along Huguenot right?
I was honestly expecting someone like Miharu to give her impression of him first, but this development could also be good.
Denker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 18:41   Link #2008
Pierre

Just have the summaries of 14 and 15 to go, although i look forward to 9 and up in full novel form

Someone mentioned it, it would be interesting if Rios mother didnt die, what would really be interesting if he has a half sibling in this world, maybe with even Lucius as the father; its unlikely but would be an interesting twist

I am curious at what point they will introduce the real backer of Reis, I assume its tied to the 6 gods who are probably evil or twisted

im also assuming an upcoming vol will take Rio back to Yakumo since he hasn't been there in a while
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 23:39   Link #2009
Snowbold

I don't think that will happen since she was murdered.
As for Reis' backer, I kinda of think the same thing that it is linked to them somehow just not sure where it connects.
Rio hasn't really shown any extreme attachment to Yagumo. If there is any, its his family in Yuba and Ruri but even that isn't much in the grand scheme of things. That is why he really is a nomad.
Old 2020-02-09, 05:10   Link #2010
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Just have the summaries of 14 and 15 to go, although i look forward to 9 and up in full novel form

Someone mentioned it, it would be interesting if Rios mother didnt die, what would really be interesting if he has a half sibling in this world, maybe with even Lucius as the father; its unlikely but would be an interesting twist

I am curious at what point they will introduce the real backer of Reis, I assume its tied to the 6 gods who are probably evil or twisted

im also assuming an upcoming vol will take Rio back to Yakumo since he hasn't been there in a while
Please no. The thought of Rio's mother suffering more than she already did and bearing Lucius' child is revolting to think about.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2020-02-09 at 08:49.
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-09, 06:25   Link #2011
jagt

Why is it that all of you seem to have forgoten how in the epilogue of volume 7 we were shown how Lucius killed Ayame? Can you please remember already that in that flashback Miharu was shown Rio's memories of Lucius' sword piercing Ayame's body?
Old 2020-02-09, 20:25   Link #2012
Pierre

Its mainly because her body was never found, and the way haruto just appeared randomly alone after her death.

If he just straight up killed her, why even bother disposing of the body?

I mean I personally think she is dead, but i think there is enough there to at least think of a what if.

I just meant that volumes seem to rotate, and he always comes back to a place after he hasnt been there a while. Plus I still think its possible Reis might have even been pulling the strings that far back, and was responsible for the exile.
Old 2020-02-09, 20:49   Link #2013
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ Lucius tossed Rio into a random alley after everything. By the time Rio found his way back (Lucius drugged him during the whole raping, so who knows how long he was out of it before he could walk again), the house was already vacated and he couldn't get in.
Old 2020-02-09, 23:59   Link #2014
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyureki View Post
^ Lucius tossed Rio into a random alley after everything. By the time Rio found his way back (Lucius drugged him during the whole raping, so who knows how long he was out of it before he could walk again), the house was already vacated and he couldn't get in.
Well I figure if she was alive, hed probably have said something during his fight in vol 14

Dam that Sylvie is garbage, after telling Renji about not being a coward, and looking out for her country, she basically abandons that in favor of her sister to attack rio and the two princesses ;

I dont like either of those two characters, one is basically Hiroaki 2.0, and the other is basically Aki 2.0

Although I do feel like vol 15 implied a harem ending, or at least the possibility since Rio is willing to go back to his loved ones, and he included others besides Miharu in that group; the vol 16 blurb seems to make it look like miharu, celia, latifa, alma, orphia, sara, cristina, flora, liselotte, satsuki, aisia and charlotte are whose included in the core group; i think Komomo and i forgot her name, the one who got rejected are out , although I do feel like either sylvie or esther get added, just to give him someone from every major faction, more likely ester, since sylive kind of goes with renji (probably happens with rio saving ester inadvertently in an encounter with reis)

and ill be honest, im kind of getting tired of reis, i mean i know they have to keep him around to introduce some eventually big bad, but if he is tied to the six gods, there are six of them, even if the author wants to drag the story, you can still kill of reis, if you introduce the gods one by one, with whoever their leader is being the final big bad
Old 2020-02-10, 00:30   Link #2015
Roberto1

I agree, the possibility of a harem ending is alive, I don't see Rio rejecting Celia or aishia, but I do see him rejected the other girls, they have to improve their relationship with him much more.

I don't think Charlote can get into the harem, I think that even sayo has more chances than her, and sayo's chance is tiny since she ise not a main heroine, and we haven't heard about her in 12 vols.

the possibility percentage of the heroines is as follows
Miharu 100%
Aishia 100%
Celia 95%
Latifa 70%
Satsuki 50%
Liselote 50%
Flora 50%
Cristina 40%
Sayo 2%
Charlotte 1%
Komomo 1%
Any other girl 0% (Silvia, her sister, Liliana etc)
I AM sure Rio's heroines are complete
Old 2020-02-10, 06:12   Link #2016
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
I agree, the possibility of a harem ending is alive, I don't see Rio rejecting Celia or aishia, but I do see him rejected the other girls, they have to improve their relationship with him much more.

I don't think Charlote can get into the harem, I think that even sayo has more chances than her, and sayo's chance is tiny since she ise not a main heroine, and we haven't heard about her in 12 vols.

the possibility percentage of the heroines is as follows
Miharu 100%
Aishia 100%
Celia 95%
Latifa 70%
Satsuki 50%
Liselote 50%
Flora 50%
Cristina 40%
Sayo 2%
Charlotte 1%
Komomo 1%
Any other girl 0% (Silvia, her sister, Liliana etc)
I AM sure Rio's heroines are complete
You forgot the Spirit Village Girls

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-10, 21:07   Link #2017
Pierre

^yeah id rate sara , alma and orphia just behind latifa

also you dont know how much longer this goes, considering Reis is still the biggest bad we have seen, I could see this going another 10 plus volumes theoretically, therefore I think its premature to say anything is complete

he hasnt really interacted with Charlotte, but I put her up there since she is pushing the plan, and see her sneaking into the agreement, with everyone unawares, its like when you go to the supermarket and then get home, and say fock how did this can of sardines sneak in

I still think Yagumo comes back into play, the author has been good about not being one and done on the regions and constantly going back to them, so I see a girl from the region possible, maybe someone who hasnt been introduced yet

Also with Silvia's sister, I think that will either be part of all of a volume, so I think that could come into play

I do agree with most of the rest of your points although Aisia maybe a 0 percent depending on her actual nature, what I mean by that is, I can easily she her being "but now I must go character" once rio has done all he needs to do, especially because her being a spirit throws in the whole different life span thing
Old 2020-02-11, 10:00   Link #2018
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
You forgot the Spirit Village Girls
Yeah, those 3 have higher chances than even Satsuki, liselotte, Cristina and flora, quite funny since forest trio are not main heroines, yet their chances with Rio are higher lol
Old 2020-02-11, 12:05   Link #2019
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
Yeah, those 3 have higher chances than even Satsuki, liselotte, Cristina and flora, quite funny since forest trio are not main heroines, yet their chances with Rio are higher lol
Even if they're less popular they have spent way more time with Rio and shared more history with him than those four, if you combine all the time that Rio spent with those three it's already close to two years of cohabitating, it's logical that Rio is closer to them and that he has more feelings for them.

Satsuki even if she and Rio get along well because their personalities are compatible if you make the addition, she have just spent two weeks with Rio plus the day that they stay at Liselotte's house for the things that happen in the drama CD.

Liselotte, because both are reincarnatosr it's easy for the two to talk to the other dropping the pretension that they keep around others and there's a lot of mutual understanding and trust between the two, both are a person to whom the other is easy to talk to because both know that the other understands their circunstances better that anyone else, but again, if we compare their time together it amounts to just the same two or three weeks than Satsuki, with the time that they have actually used for getting closer to each other being even shorter than in Satsuki's case.

Christina she met Rio for the first time at the same time than Celia, we already know that the first impression was bad, even if Rio stopped thinking about the slap that same day the difference in social status made to approach the other complicated, counting since their first talk at the entrance to the slums of Bertram's capital they didn't talk to each other again until nine years later, just before the begining of the second day of the evening party, aside from they introducing themselves to each other they were just spectators to the talk between the four heroes that ended up being just between Rui and Satsuki, the things that they actually said to each other zero, the next day they can be said to have been part of the same tea party, but again the quantity of things really said to each other or for the sake of rising the friendship was zero, during their travel to Rodania discovering Rio's identity left Christina at a loss of how to deal with him, during those more or less two weeks both kept the same distance with the other, again the time dedicated to close the distance between the two zero, then after delivering Christina's group to Hugenot at the beginning of volume 13 their only time together was when asking him to break Hiroaki's pride and when giving him his house in Rodania, if you don't count the meal together from the second drama CD they barely talked to each other since the beginning of the volume 13 until the beginning of the volume 15, saying it honestly they're at the beginning of being friends at maximum, and that took nine days of living together without anyone else around but Flora.

Flora, during their academy time they just talked to each other twice, both talks short and with four years in the middle of each other, they don't see each other again until four years later, during the volumes 7 and 8 Rio kept his distance from Flora for protecting his cover and Celia's and during the times that they talked there were others around like Liselotte, Hiroaki and Hugenot that made impossible to talk to Rio properly plus Rio's own disinterest in clearing everything between the two, during the evening party more of the same, too many people always with them, again a proper talk impossible due to their surroundings, even after the evening party their conversations with each other were zero, when Rio delivered Christina's group to Restoration at the beginning of the volume 13, again a lot more of people around that made talking impossible, since them they barely talked to each other until the beginning of the volume 15 with the exception of the meal together from the second drama CD, the same than with Christina during their nine days of cohabitating she was able of closing the distance with him letting a little of the past behind, but the same that with Christina she's just at the beginning of being Rio's friend at maximum.
Old 2020-02-11, 20:58   Link #2020
Pierre

@jagt i agree with you and i rate them more highly than those 4, but at the same time you cant really use real world logic like amount of time, because I still think at least 2 if not all four of those are in as well if he goes harem just due to their significance , ie they are in due plot shield not because in a real life situation they would be in

Flora is in because she arguably could be the first person that liked rio, and she set his whole journey as rio in motion (once again I remind you that yes in real life this wouldnt be enough , but from a literary perspective this gives her plot shield as an "important" character)

Liselotte is in because she arguably liked him before as Rikka, and kind of shares the same fate with him and Latifia, and she has oddly been tied with him since running into him as a clerk when he escaped Beltram

Crisitina was the focus of a whole volume, and the author went out of their way to show, she always had guilt, and you could argue she might have liked or at least admired rio close to as long as flora, although her pride held her back, and unlike like Flora she is less timid and more assertive

Satsuki has kind of been shown to like him, and get along well with him, plus Miharu technically wasnt a summoned hero, so she fills the harem position of hero heronine, since all other shown heroes have been male

Charlotte I personally have in there as well, granted towards the bottom, but she is actively playing the ring leader to the harem plan, seems to care more about connections than feelings so would have no issue being with rio even if she didnt like him, and she fills position of Galarc royalty and as the author has shown with the heroes like Hiroaki, tying them to royalty is critical, and they are kind of trying to shape Rio this way as well (ie people around him)

I also still think depending on the how much longer the author plans to go with the series, we could get others, for two reasons :

- at some point you have so many heroines another one wont make a difference, he is potentially already looking at double digits, so I find it nonsensical to argue at this point one more will tilt the scale into some unfeasible realm

- typically when the author goes with a harem of a size 7-8 plus, they fall into the category of I need one of every flavor (look at stuff like DxD, Strike the Blood, etc), so I still think he needs a character from several of the other regions to complete the set

those are just my opinions more so Isekai literary standpoint rather than the flow of this story per se, but I wont be shocked - Im honestly currently thinking Ester, Komomo or a princess of the opposing kingdom that caused Rio's mom to flee, and I think one other one

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai