Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-07-02, 10:39   Link #1981
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
But out of the Vanadis souls, only Cardo who said "I'm proud of you." to Prospera. Nadim said "Go back to the children!", Nyla said "She can't go to us yet." and Wendy said "Haven't you done enough?"
Kinda crazy about eh Cardo thing though.

Quote:
The classic treatment of poor people
Can't even argue with this.

Quote:
Sometimes, some people can only fully click with one Gundam show and that's that. The rest are just fluff.
True, true. Imagine only gelling with G.

You'd be ruined for all other Gundams for ever. Guess I should be glad I started with Wing.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-02, 11:05   Link #1982
Frontier

Oh man, Nika totally was the poor girl with no connections who ended up being the only one to stay in jail. The Harem seem like the rich white girls who always get off scot free (even though they were also from Earth and got arrested but had an influential man backing them) .
Old 2023-07-02, 12:00   Link #1983
azarhal

I saw a theory on Tumblr that the data storm characters without permet marks were just figments of Prospera/El5n's mind, instead of them being actual souls in the afterlife.

Thinking about it more, I think the permet network/data storm act as a digital afterlife (aka a scifi version of what happens when you die to all your stuff on the Internet). There is enough data in there to coalesce it into a recreation of a living person with the right nudge (aka Suletta's magical powers).

Those with more data uploaded into the network, like El4n and Eri, have more control/freedom once coalesced.

And then you get stuck with the Ship of Theseus paradox.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-02, 12:07   Link #1984
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
And, begrudgingly... I have to admit that Elnora / Prospera not only taught that philosophy to Suletta, she also lived it. She had plenty of chances for easy revenge. Aerial was easily at least a match for every other mobile suit in the show even without its data storm powers. Elnora could have killed off Delling or anyone else she wanted to at any time. But, she didn't. I don't think her actions were 100% good... forcibly ending conflict for everyone through space magic is its own sort of authoritarian control... but she wasn't looking to murder everyone, either. I'm gonna have to think about Elnora's actions more now because maybe they were more complex and good natured than they seemed. Instead of the big bad she was actually a... misguided big good?!
A misguided big good would be someone that wants to better society and is willing to go through dirty/bad means to achieve it. Intention wise, she seems indifferent about the world/society, and good towards Eri in wanting to make a world where Eri can live freely. But being indifferent towards the world, meant she wouldn't mind at all to manipulate and cause harm to people and to the peace if she reaches her goal. which made her, action wise, do many evil deeds toward the world and others.
Old 2023-07-02, 12:11   Link #1985
Twi

Review done.

Questions I want answered:

Spoiler:
Old 2023-07-02, 12:20   Link #1986
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Review done.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2023-07-02, 12:38   Link #1987
ryllharu

Quote:
Review done.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for For #3 anyway:
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-02, 12:40   Link #1988
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Spoiler for For #3 anyway:
Spoiler:
Old 2023-07-02, 13:55   Link #1989
justavisitor

The final "battle" (or final mobile suit action as there is no battle) is almost a complete rehash of unicorn (actually it has been following unicorn intensively since the entrance of calibarn). If you haven't seen unicorn, this ending action may give you a wow factor.

But it has reached the point that, will the producer of this show feel uneasy if they meet the staff from unicorn?

Like a lot of ppl have said, this is not a bad show. So many questions unanswered tho. And SAL got to be the most incompetent bad guy as they can't do anything afterward. Guess this show is really realistic in showing that money is king XD. Even you got a doomsday weapon, you still have to obey to where the money is as most rich and corrupted authorities want status quo
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-02, 14:14   Link #1990
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
The final "battle" (or final mobile suit action as there is no battle) is almost a complete rehash of unicorn (actually it has been following unicorn intensively since the entrance of calibarn). If you haven't seen unicorn, this ending action may give you a wow factor.

But it has reached the point that, will the producer of this show feel uneasy if they meet the staff from unicorn?

Like a lot of ppl have said, this is not a bad show. So many questions unanswered tho. And SAL got to be the most incompetent bad guy as they can't do anything afterward. Guess this show is really realistic in showing that money is king XD. Even you got a doomsday weapon, you still have to obey to where the money is as most rich and corrupted authorities want status quo
The reason SAL couldn't do anything after is because Shaddiq gave them up during the trade with Mio. Miorinne made it all public that SAL was in the background cooperating with Shaddiq in bringing Benerit down and was involved with the terrorists that killed spacians.

Not so much follow the money. Just their actions were exposed. As Miorinne stated, take away their motivation for the intervention into Benerit.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-02, 14:19   Link #1991
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler:
She probably got infected with the data storm in order to communicate with Eri or something

Quote:
Spoiler:
Honestly don't get this Godoy thing. He's your standard named mook. You might as well as ask for more focus on Kamil or something.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Shaddiq took responsibility for everything so they could go free and Nika already decided to turn herself in

Quote:
Spoiler:
The crimes of the Benerit Group are still being investigated. Good chance the hags will get what's coming to them.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Their plan was for the SAL to qipe out Quiet Zero and for them to take control of the Group.

Quote:
Spoiler:
His crimes are being investigated. He'll get what coming to him.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Suletta was being pretty public there. He probably had to go through the motions.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-02, 14:29   Link #1992
Collbrande-Ex

Quote:
Review done.

Spoiler:
I have a theory or 2 they may be long though my apologies.
Spoiler:

But man is the guy who wrote Unicorn one of the main staff for WfM?

Well at least Suletta didn't pull a Banagher Links and actually suffered from the curse of Gundam and it was a decent happy ending for most.
Collbrande-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-02, 16:03   Link #1993
Frontier

I do feel a little bummed we never got Suletta with her hair loose like in the ED...
Old 2023-07-02, 16:38   Link #1994
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So Permet can randomly dissolve matter and it's everywhere. That sounds really unsafe.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-02, 16:40   Link #1995
TheDoctor324

I feel like level 9 is the limit for the material. You get a temporary "god mode" then everything at that current level brakes down to dust, the material has too much energy in it that it can't hold form
TheDoctor324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-02, 17:47   Link #1996
Wandering Soul

It was clear that the ending was going to be rushed but Permit being able to dissolve matter and even dissolve the Gundams was something that I didn't see coming. Almost put New type magic to shame.

In the end the main cast pretty much got a happy ending and Prospera even more or less got what she wanted. Didn't expect Shaddiq to take the fall for her too, but he did and the only other punishment's dealt out was Nikka spending 3 years in jail. It's sort of weird she got punished while Shaddiq's harem got away with it all, but whatever.

In the WFM was clearly meant to be more charater focused than anything else and it did give me something to look forward to watching on Sundays. That's not to say it did not have more than it's fair share of problems, most of which become clear in the second season.
Old 2023-07-02, 17:48   Link #1997
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I do feel a little bummed we never got Suletta with her hair loose like in the ED...
We did when she was depressed.
Old 2023-07-02, 18:10   Link #1998
Chosen_Hero

Wow, space magic and space ghosts... again, but somehow worse... things just happen because fuck it, the show has to end.

3/10 - I would put this show very low on my favorite mecha list, right next to Kyokai Senki, Macross Delta and Aquarion Evol, because each one of those were so bad they felt like a waste of time by the last episode.
Old 2023-07-02, 23:41   Link #1999
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

more importantly,

calibarn gunpla confirmed!

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-02, 23:44   Link #2000
Frontier

I only just realized the reason for Miorine's haircut: so she has easier access to the Permet device on her neck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
more importantly,

calibarn gunpla confirmed!

I know it wasn't practical, but I really wanted to see the Calibarn do more.