AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-01-02, 06:35   Link #181
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Dynasty Warriors style? Totally fitting.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 06:49   Link #182
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Honestly, the wide sweeping attack part I just thought up on the spot Otherwise it would be almost exactly like a Samurai but with polearms.

But then I remembered about AOE tanking from my WoW days and figured "Why not?"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 07:53   Link #183
Ridwan

I've submitted my idea for a unique SEA class to Mamare. Here's it :

Lakshamana
Type : Warrior
Role : Frontline Vanguard and Guerilla
Armor : Light Plate, Chain, Leather, Cloth
Weapon : All types of weapon
HP Level : Low
MP Level : Average

Lakshamana is a choice of class available in SEA server, in the place of Samurai class. Initially raised some complaints since the term is usually associated with the navy in the region, it was later upgraded to include features and aspects relevant to sea adventures.

Overview
Lakshamana is an offensive Melee class of Warrior Type. Lakshamana is similar with Samurai in that it has a defense that rivals guardian yet doesn’t have ability to use shields. The class’ choice for armory is rather limited as well(unable to use heavy plates). Yet this class can equip all kinds of weapons, including weapons normally used by Mage classes, and thus capable of casting spells and has sufficient MP to back this up, and can even fight bare-handed not unlike the monk class, if not as strong. It can carry more weapons at a time then Swashbuckler Class, which capacity increases with increasing level (a level 90 Lakshamana can carry 10 weapons at a time, including 2 on both hands), and thus can immediately changes weapons during battle. This class is also as agile as monk class, and therefore an effective evader. This aspect however is affected by how many and what kind of weapons a Lakshamana is carrying at the time, even before the Apolcaypse. It also shares monk’s feature of very short cooldown time and potential for non-stop combo. Therefore this class has been generally dubbed as “monk with weapons”, a versatile rapid attacker. Its offensive skills are generally weaker then monk’s however and its attacks deals lower damage in average. On the other hand, while incapable of equipping shields and heavier plate armors, this class can equip more magical accessories then other classes hence a Lakshamana can use more defense-enhancing accessories. The downside of this class, aside from its limited defense equipment is that it has low HP. This class’ role in combat is mainly frontline vanguard and guerilla. A group of Lakshamanas in the right kind of terrain can serve as a very effective and lethal shock ambush corps

As a unique class of a maritime region, complying to the demands to make this class more naval-themed, this class also possess a number of relevant skills and abilities. Obviously, Lakshamana is very capable in the waters, an extremely able swimmer, resistant to scurvy, and by default a sea navigator, so subscription to navigator subclass would unnecessary and in fact not allowed. Lakshamana also has higher resistance against sea monster attacks that inflict status effects. Lakshamana is also adept at fighting on an unstable ground, within the context of on ship battles, but this ability is also useful elsewhere. Lakshamana also has higher endurance against thirst and hunger, ever more important in post-Apocalypse situation.

Lakshamana skills are mostly offensive of low to upper middle damage, both
melee and ranged attack varieties. It has a variety of qi/mana projectile attacks ranging from the non-stop rapid fireball type that can be useful to hinder enemy movement to slow-preparing big Hadouken-type that inflicts large damage. But mostly this class is designed to attack with long chain combo of low-to-middle damage attacks rapidly. Of course that doesn't mean that this class is completely devoid of high damage attack moves. It also has a number of offensive and status effect spells and can function limitedly as a mage-type class. Lakshamana’s MP isn’t as high as that of any of magic-type classes except Druid

Spoiler for And, as a bonus :p:
Old 2014-01-02, 07:58   Link #184
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Mamare must be swimming in submissions, he have the time of his life now wwww
Old 2014-01-02, 08:01   Link #185
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

He can read English well right ^^; ? I tried to keep to simple and straightforward words to make things easy for him.
Old 2014-01-02, 08:05   Link #186
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

He have done well enough in 4chan.
Old 2014-01-02, 08:39   Link #187
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
He have done well enough in 4chan.
4chan has a few moonspeakers ready to translate the important questions for him though. He usually answers in Japanese.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 09:47   Link #188
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
4chan has a few moonspeakers ready to translate the important questions for him though. He usually answers in Japanese.
Maybe he can understand English, just not very good at typing in English so he had someone else do it for him.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 13:13   Link #189
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
For Chinese Servers:

General (武将) to replace Samurai.

Uses dual wielding and all 2handed weapons, but specializes in using polearms weapons like the Chinese "Yanyue dao" (偃月刀) or dagger-axe (戈). For range weapons, they can use the repeating crossbow (连弩) for range damages, or the rope dart (繩鏢) to "pull" enemies over, both weapons have shorter range than normal bows. All of these weapons are iconic to Chinese martial arts.

A parry tank similar to the Samurai, they are unable to equip shields. Using wide sweeping attacks to hit multiple enemies to generate 'hate' faster, making them better equipped to handle being surrounded by large numbers of weaker mobs than other tanks (aka, AOE tank)
i would go with a generic term like Warrior (戰士) instead of General.
Old 2014-01-02, 14:28   Link #190
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wouldn't it be weird considering the entire class type is also called that

....Sigh, I blame my culture's lack of historical warrior society
Old 2014-01-02, 14:37   Link #191
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Wouldn't it be weird considering the entire class type is also called that

....Sigh, I blame my culture's lack of historical warrior society
we did, it was westernize into the monk.
Old 2014-01-02, 15:32   Link #192
DQueenie13

Quote:
He can read English well right ^^; ? I tried to keep to simple and straightforward words to make things easy for him.
He said that he doesn't care what language you submit your responses in. He has responded in English before, I think it's just translating from Japanese --> English in his head is much slower than a native English speaker can spew out questions.
Old 2014-01-02, 16:23   Link #193
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

He might also has some help with publishers or friends and the like when it comes to translating.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 19:12   Link #194
unpossible

Anyone still creating their own characters? I'll give this a shot with some veteran players at the start

Name: Jeyne
Race: Dwarf
Level: 90
Class: Guardian
Subclass: Shield Maiden; special title; increase to dexterity and range of motion of the shield arm, enhances shield attacks
HP: 14,178
MP: 6,600
Height: 137cm
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Hazel
Guild: <Panties United>, co-founder

Equipment:
Shikome's Bloody Reflection: Phantasmal-class shield, painted with the ugly, horrifying face of a shikome with bloody scars all over her face. Reflects a fixed ratio of damage back to attackers, and increases shield attack speed.

Raiment of Blood and Bone: A medium weight, production-class full body armor. Significantly increase stamina, and gives a resistance against status effects.

Snickersnack: Artifact-class sword for completing... whatever. Enhanced armor penetration, increases hate with each successful unbroken strike.

Somewhat of a mix of personalities of Naotsugu and Soujirou, Jeyne is in fact a GIRL - Guy In Real Life. In fact, most of the <Panties United> is filled with GIRLs, most notably the three founders; all members currently have female avatars. Jeyne is playful and perverted, but always takes her job as a front line Guardian seriously, like her idols Krusty of the DDD, Isaac of the Black Sword Knights, and Naotsugu of the Debauchery Tea Party.

Gameplay is geared towards agility tanking, keeping aggro but dodging, parrying and deflecting damage instead of absorbing it outright with a heavy armor and shield.
unpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 05:27   Link #195
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

You know, I've been tempted to write about coming across a strange guy dropping durians from a tree to test gravity in Elder Tales. I just wish I had a better idea of what else about this character.

A something-mechanic I think. Periodically yells MAD SCIENTISTO? El Psy Congroo?

Ideas?
Old 2014-01-03, 08:57   Link #196
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
You know, I've been tempted to write about coming across a strange guy dropping durians from a tree to test gravity in Elder Tales. I just wish I had a better idea of what else about this character.

A something-mechanic I think. Periodically yells MAD SCIENTISTO? El Psy Congroo?

Ideas?

Mythbuster but in Elder Tales? Not a bad idea.... I mean, things do have changed a little....

So no surprising that there are somebody out there doing experiments in the name of science

Also about the character.... It depends on what kind of character you wanted:

Serious: Trying to understand the world more and use the world's rules to his advantage.... (Probably some Magnificent Bastard).

Comical: Just a very curious person who borderline Mad Scientist.
Old 2014-01-03, 09:06   Link #197
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Mythbuster but in Elder Tales? Not a bad idea.... I mean, things do have changed a little....

So no surprising that there are somebody out there doing experiments in the name of science

Serious: Trying to understand the world more and use the world's rules to his advantage.... (Probably some Magnificent Bastard).

I'd go for comical.
Old 2014-01-03, 10:34   Link #198
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I'd go for comical.
You need two characters:

1. The Character who do the experiments.... FOR SCIENCE
2. His friend... the very "willing" test subject.

Of course, the character will point out that players are technically immortal so....yea.... lots of abuse going on.
Old 2014-01-03, 19:55   Link #199
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

You forgot three other players who would end up helping the duo:

• A Summoner-Model interested in blowing stuff up,
• A Guardian-Stuntman who's not afraid to get broken bones for shenanigans, and
• A Samurai-Engineer who tinkers around with whatever scrap metal he could find.

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 20:11   Link #200
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post

If you want Mythbusters in Elder Tales, I'd say you need a little bit of both.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
original content