AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! The School Idol Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 4 80.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-01-14, 00:05   Link #181
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Finally, µ's final song was incredible. I loved how it incorporated the name of each of the members. It truly was a song for them.
Though I loved the movie all-around, the finale was by far the highlight for me; I must have listened to the song close to a hundred times by this point. Favorite part for me has to be towards the end where Kotori raises her arms and the music swells. Definitely my favorite piece of music in the series, no contest (the second place slot has Start;Dash and Shocking Party vying for it).
Old 2016-01-14, 02:09   Link #182
Ulin

Bokutachi no kiseki and Snow Halation keep being my favourites, but I have to say that I've been playing bokutachi hitotsu no hikari for two days non stop. The way they said every name (although it was very dificult to find Eli's) was very cute and the damn song stucks in your head for a long time.
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 22:34   Link #183
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I have to give this a rewatch because the advertising for this film was very deceptive What I will say now is it's the Return of the Jedi to S2's Empire Strikes Back
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-08, 00:33   Link #184
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Still waiting for a Mama Live announcement.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-08, 01:05   Link #185
Hachitora

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Still waiting for a Mama Live announcement.
Perhaps they're waiting for Sunshine to finish so that we have a whole bunch of mamas to have a mama live. Two mama groups against each other for the next Love Live!
Hachitora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-09, 18:08   Link #186
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachitora View Post
Perhaps they're waiting for Sunshine to finish so that we have a whole bunch of mamas to have a mama live. Two mama groups against each other for the next Love Live!
I'd love to see Eli and Nozomi's moms.
Old 2016-04-14, 12:00   Link #187
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well, that was beautiful.

I was watching this in a very casual manner, but I must admit it was probably the best way the story could've possibly ended, that being one of its best points: it actually moved the story forward and dealt with that mood breaking scene at the end of S2. The music was fun (Can't go wrong with Nozomi, Eri and Nico putting on sunglasses in synch and going nuts, campy as it might be), everyone was their cool, funny selves during the trip, the optimism and energy shone through more than they ever did in the series, and regardless of whatever thoughts one might have about the school idol thing, if you don't feel anything seeing Honoka prancing around in sheer joy near the end, you shouldn't be watching LL in the first place. On that note, finding out our little sun goddess can also tell time and space to go sit in the corner was weird, but weirder stuff has happened in other idol shows, so its fine by me.

Overall, as good as a love live could possibly be and then some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Though I loved the movie all-around, the finale was by far the highlight for me; I must have listened to the song close to a hundred times by this point. Favorite part for me has to be towards the end where Kotori raises her arms and the music swells. Definitely my favorite piece of music in the series, no contest (the second place slot has Start;Dash and Shocking Party vying for it).
Both that and Sunny Day Song were great, very true. At last, songs that got me, even if the context helped greatly.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 20:23   Link #188
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Beautiful is right. This movie is fuckin beautiful.

I guess I was in the mood to cry tonight because I re-watched the movie again but with English dubs. While we're on the topic of the dub, the parts I was most afraid of was when the girls talked to the locals. Despite it still being kind of weird, I feel that they've handled it very well. The problems the girls faced with the language barrier was hinging on the locals having New York accents (almost Brooklyn-esque) and using some English slang. Those scenes weren't completely jarring lol. Other than that, the English cast did great.

Watching Angelic Angel again on a nice big TV with surround sound was fantastic. It was a visual experience everyone should get to enjoy once in their lives. I totally forgot that the movie did Sunny Day Song and We Are a Single Light back to back. That was when I started bawling. I'm so glad no one was around to witness that.
The series is all about love, friendship, passion, motivation, camaraderie, teamwork, fulfilling dreams, and unity; and boy, did the movie definitely hammer that into ou skulls. The last half the movie was so emotionally driven that I was definitely feeling the punches. I love love love loved it when Honoka brought every single goddamn idol out for one huge performance that took over the entire Akiba area. The vibes were so happy and positive.

Even after watching Sunshine, I still miss the soap brand idols so much. The ending was so damn bittersweet. This movie is a timeless masterpiece. Oh yeah, I went there. 10/10 once again.
Old 2016-10-01, 20:34   Link #189
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Beautiful is right. This movie is fuckin beautiful.

I guess I was in the mood to cry tonight because I re-watched the movie again but with English dubs.
So this has been dubbed? Nice! I'll probably check it out dubbed sometime this coming week.

Quote:
Even after watching Sunshine, I still miss the soap brand idols so much. The ending was so damn bittersweet. This movie is a timeless masterpiece. Oh yeah, I went there. 10/10 once again.
I'm very glad the movie has held up well for you, blackstealth! It'll probably hold up well for me too. I already know its songs do. I've rewatched the Sunny Day Song section of this movie many many times. It's just so colorful, so joyful, so magical, so triumphant.
Old 2016-10-01, 22:23   Link #190
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So this has been dubbed? Nice! I'll probably check it out dubbed sometime this coming week.

I'm very glad the movie has held up well for you, blackstealth! It'll probably hold up well for me too. I already know its songs do. I've rewatched the Sunny Day Song section of this movie many many times. It's just so colorful, so joyful, so magical, so triumphant.
Yeah, it came out on blu-ray late June. I didn't watch it until just a couple hours ago.

And there's no doubt in my mind that it won't hold up for you. It's definitely better the second time.
Old 2016-10-03, 03:20   Link #191
Nork22

Quote:
Yeah, it came out on blu-ray late June. I didn't watch it until just a couple hours ago.
I really should break open my movie BD and watch the dub as well. I only bought the movie BD to give to a friend. Must corrupt more people to idol hell.
Old 2016-10-03, 16:02   Link #192
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
I really should break open my movie BD and watch the dub as well. I only bought the movie BD to give to a friend. Must corrupt more people to idol hell.
do eet. do eet. do eet.
Old 2016-10-05, 13:43   Link #193
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:

And there's no doubt in my mind that it won't hold up for you. It's definitely better the second time.
You're right! It was even more emotionally strong for me after just re-watching it a hour ago. I teared up a little bit more this time.

This is the 1st time I've watched the Love Live Movie in English dub, and the 3rd time I've watched the movie overall. A few brief notes:

1. The English dub cast totally nailed it. μ's, A-RISE, Yukiho, Arisa, Kotori's mom, and the extras all sounded great. They all captured their characters wonderfully. I had some issues with Honoka's English dub voice actress in the TV series, but they completely disappeared here.

2. Special mention to the English dub actress for Maki's mom. In her brief appearance, she was amazing. She had the perfect voice for a proud rich woman sweetly cheering on her daughter. It was like perfect Disney, lol.

3. I'm a little iffy on "Future!Honoka". Given who she's speculated to be, her voice didn't make me think "adult Honoka" as much as I'd like. Still, she was in the right ballpark at least. Close enough that it wasn't a major negative. And her voice is fine in general.

4. The New York section seems a little stronger on rewatch. Not sure why, but it came together a little more smoothly than I remember. Also funnier than I remember. The Muse/mousse joke was well-delivered and got a good laugh from me.

I strongly recommend the English dub of the Love Live movie to any LL fan that can stand dubs at all. I think you will be pleased by it!