AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2003-11-09, 16:52   Link #1
Chicken

Colored streaks and black screen

when the video plays.. there are colored streaks .. but only like four small streaks.. and the rest of the screen is black.. any insight on this problem would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 2003-11-10, 02:49   Link #2
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

What Media player and video encode r u using when this happens?
Does this happen to other video files when u play them

We need to know more info before we can help you
Old 2003-11-10, 12:34   Link #3
Blue*Dragon

i think you must download a couple of codecs, for be able to show the movie/serie.
Old 2003-11-10, 18:38   Link #4
Chicken

Im using BSPlayer or better known as the klite codec pack and well its supposed to work, ive tried a few anime series on the player and it didnt work and later it worked on windows media player but.. i want it to be on BS player.... HALP!
Old 2003-11-10, 20:01   Link #5
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken
Im using BSPlayer or better known as the klite codec pack and well its supposed to work, ive tried a few anime series on the player and it didnt work and later it worked on windows media player but.. i want it to be on BS player.... HALP!
I play all my video files perfectly on WMP9, why do you want play it on BSplayer when it works WMP.

I suggest you remove BSplayer and then reinstall your codec pack. Also you might wanna download the latest ffdshow. Or you could skip the codec pack and install
the codecs individually like ffdshow, divx, xvid, ogm so so forth, only installing the codecs you need it might work if you still want to use BSplayer.
Old 2003-11-11, 02:31   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I agree with Keitarou20 (mostly), uninstall BSPlayer to get rid of the codec pack and then re-install it without the codec pack. I believe there is an installation option to not install the codec pack.

You can reinstall all of the codecs that you need separately. If you follow our codec advice you are likely to fix the problem. The information on what codecs you need and where to get them is in the Media Configuration Guide.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-11, 09:44   Link #7
Chicken

So you guys think that the codecs that are from the BS player are conflicting with the ones for wmp9? but.. why does the FF7 advent children trailer work on the BS player but not anime... =\